Memorial E-mails? anybody receive one?

Re: Memorial E-mails? has anyone received one?

I agree!!

Who cares about the ticket, let's show the world how much we love Michael!

If you can go, PLEASE go, go there for the fans who can't make it.

I agree. I think they (california) have set this up so that little as many ppl will show up. It no way that especially for the ones flying in. For them to not get their email til late sunday or early monday. And then have to rush to dodger stadium get the ticket by 8am monday when they aren't flying out until monday. Doesn't seem possible to do.

What I would give to be there. It is all about support and paying respect for the man who inspired us so. I wish someone could go in my place. I wish I was in LA

Has anyone seen anyone on tv, news, whatever that has ACTUALLY recieved tickets? Or had staples center made a statement of any kind saying they have started sending emails? This just seems too damn shady to me. Like they're waiting for the last min so people have to cancel their trip. I'm feelin a Fu*k the press, lapd, and aeg moment right now. They're making me want to go even without a ticket cua they're being shady. Otherwise I would have stayed home.

Has anyone seen anyone on tv, news, whatever that has ACTUALLY recieved tickets? Or had staples center made a statement of any kind saying they have started sending emails? This just seems too damn shady to me. Like they're waiting for the last min so people have to cancel their trip. I'm feelin a Fu*k the press, lapd, and aeg moment right now. They're making me want to go even without a ticket cua they're being shady. Otherwise I would have stayed home.

Seconded. I would like to see just one person who has received the e-mail make an appearance. You would think they'd be excited to post the news all over the place. It doesn't make sense that out of the 400 people browsing this forum, no one got chosen. I even checked the comments relating to the ticket business on tmz -- nothing. FISHY! I don't believe the e-mails have been sent out yet.

I thought there was a thing saying they are not sending out e-mails till tomorrow? Someone on craigs list said they got the e-mail but cant go so instead of selling them is having theirs go back into lottery pool

I thought there was a thing saying they are not sending out e-mails till tomorrow? Someone on craigs list said they got the e-mail but cant go so instead of selling them is having theirs go back into lottery pool

Ooh, that's good news if back into the lottery pool is an option. All hope is not lost yet!

I think it's quite obvious.
First, only fans from the USA were allowed to register. Due to many complaints, they opened it for fans from the UK as well, and eventually it became a worldwide registration. Now they will wait as long as possible just to make sure that international fans would not take the risk of being there for nothing and in the end, they will get what they want, because they will take such a long time to send the tickets that we won't have time anymore to fly for over 12 hours to simply pick up our ticket. Very smart of them... but f*cking ugly too :(

I know they have asked fans not to attend when you don't have a ticket, but please, PLEASE, if you can go, then go! Do it for us, European fans, who live toooo far away. But most important, do it for Michael, he always loved HUGE things! It is your "last" opportunity. And I keep thinking that if we follow the advice by not going, gossip sites will say the day after:King of Pop already forgotten, fans did not want to attend, and blablablabla.

Please go, and show the world how much we love Michael.

Maybe it's a good idea to open a new discussion to discuss where all fans without a ticket can come together on another place close to the Staples center to have a kind of fan-memorial? (just in case they do send away all the fans without the ticket)

Last edited:

Yes please go for the fans that cant go, go show your love!

I just read this @ KOP and if it's true this is straight Jacked!

according to Ryan Seacrest's twitter...the emails have been postponed until tomorrow. (Was posted on KOP Board)

They will not tell the fans arent there.

They said all over the news to dont go outside.

What I would give to be there. It is all about support and paying respect for the man who inspired us so. I wish someone could go in my place. I wish I was in LA
Me too!!! God, I wish I could be there. If I had still been back home on the West Coast, believe me, I'd have driven to L.A. already. And no "stay at home - watch on tv" request would have made me stay away. Unfortunately I'm just too far away, it's too expensive to fly there in July and I have a resident permit issue right now in Germany and can't leave until it's sorted. Oh, I wish I could be there. I want to see a million people lining the streets. I want to see L.A. shut down. Not in any bad way (oh, people, please just be calm and don't cause trouble), but please be there.

Last edited:

If you can go, go! yes the world needs to see how much Michael is loved

Me too!!! God, I wish I could be there. If I had still been back home on the West Coast, believe me, I'd have driven to L.A. already. And no "stay at home - watch on tv" request would have made me stay away. Unfortunately I'm just too far away, it's too expensive to fly there in July and I have a resident permit issue right now in Germany and can't leave until it's sorted. Oh, I wish I could be there. I want to see a million people lining the streets. I want to see L.A. shut down. Not in any bad way (oh, people, please just be calm and don't cause trouble), but please be there.
Ditto! I I was in LA right now...oh my I would be there no matter what. I would love to see LA turn into Michaelmania land. I want to see people celebrate his life and music all the way from Pasadena to Long Beach. I want the 101 be full of cars blasting Michaels music out of their cars and I want In 'n Out to name a burger after Mike...
Everyone who's able to be there, please do so for Michael!!!!

Ditto! I I was in LA right now...oh my I would be there no matter what. I would love to see LA turn into Michaelmania land. I want to see people celebrate his life and music all the way from Pasadena to Long Beach. I want the 101 be full of cars blasting Michaels music out of their cars and I want In 'n Out to name a burger after Mike...
Everyone who's able to be there, please do so for Michael!!!!

As someone who lives in LA, I can tell you that all of that is happening, no need to worry about that. Radio stations here are playing a ton of his music, you can hear people playing it in their car and EVERYBODY is talking about him. It's kind of nice in a strange way, it's like Michaelmania all over again, it's all very positive.

I'll have to keep you posted on the burger thing though :)

Re: Memorial E-mails? "Ryan Seacrest says they have been postponed till tomorrow on Twitter?

Tickets HAVE gone out. I got the email. Problem is, I'm in DC and I don't know if I can get to Dodger Stadium during the hours tomorrow. I have an extra, and would like to be able to give it to someone....but the logistics of this are nearly impossible. If you know anything about how to deal w/ this, please let me know!

Re: Memorial E-mails? "Ryan Seacrest says they have been postponed till tomorrow on Twitter?

Tickets HAVE gone out. I got the email. Problem is, I'm in DC and I don't know if I can get to Dodger Stadium during the hours tomorrow. I have an extra, and would like to be able to give it to someone....but the logistics of this are nearly impossible. If you know anything about how to deal w/ this, please let me know!

im in nyc, i was trying to attend if possible

Last edited:
ugh, CNN just interviewed some guy that got tickets and he came across as so undeserving. He's taking his talent agent with him. I just cant believe this happening.

I agree. Such BS.. theyre all over craigslist and ebay from 500-1000 dollars.. sick sick sick sick
im so fkin mad

just looked on ebay. these people make me sick. I've come all the way to LA from London, spending all my savings, to go to a memorial (when they said it wud be at neverland) and now i won't even get to go cos of these sick sick people! this is so unfair!

So some people got them, and there are still others saying it's been postponed till tomorrow. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow. All I know is... I didn't get one. :(

why did they do this? Michael wouldnt want this. To block out fans and let the non fans in!! this is unjustice! This reminds me of Willy Wonka.
All fans should be able to go :(

I didn't get one either. I hope there are more real fans at the memorial than someone just wanting some attention and didn't really care about MJ or his music when he was alive. Shame on them. Don't worry, MJ knows who we are.

Last edited:
Yes these ppl should be ASHAMED of themselves. I honestly don't understand human being sometimes. So sickening.

No, it's not about attending an arena. Michael is watching you and he is going to be everywhere we are in the world. I don't want fans to feel cheated by all of this. I HATE the scalpers on this one. It's not a concert to make money from. It's his loss of live for goodness sake.
Please MJ fans. Don't feel left out of Michaels love.

Hi all,

I've just arrived in LA- determined to get into the Memorial on Tuesday and will continue to report updates to my radio stations Capital FM, LBC, Heart plus Sky News.
If anyone can help me get a ticket, message me back.

Thanks to all who commented on the MJ Tribute Doc I presented across commercial radio last weekend. If you missed it, listen online at www.capitalfm.com

Great to hear, last night, that so many MJ tunes stayed in the UK charts especially TDCAU.

Kevin
www.kevinhughes.net www.twitter.com/popprince

1 a.m. CST ... they've begun to send these out:

Thank you for your registration.

Sorry, we regret to inform you that your registration to attend the Public Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was not selected.

Hundreds of thousands registered, but only a few can be in attendance.

1 a.m. CST ... they've begun to send these out:

Thank you for your registration.

Sorry, we regret to inform you that your registration to attend the Public Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was not selected.

Hundreds of thousands registered, but only a few can be in attendance.

Buck it seems like most of the tix went to people who lived in Cali:( and how in the world people gonna sell the on e-bay? they have to have ID to pick them up! It's Crazy! and unfair. How people gonna sell a ticket to a memorial? Just wrong!

Back