Memorial E-mails? anybody receive one?

Yeah, i think its a good idea to keep checking because you never know if they just give those away at the arena.

Little Sadness,

Maybe you could go to one of the local theaters that is planning to broadcast the memorial. It isn't Staples, but you would be with like minded people there in LA. Being with other fans are sharing this time might be an alternative.

Mitzi

Just wanted to say please be careful to anyone who's thinking of going down near the Staples Center - I agree with showing support and hopefully everyone will be respectful and such, but I do worry for everyone's safety. Before I found out that I received a ticket I was planning on going down there myself until I was talked out of it by a few people who were worried about the crowds. It only takes a few people to get out of hand and ruin it for everyone else, so stay safe!

I'll definitely come back with a full report for everyone about my experience tomorrow at the memorial. I'm planning on taking a giant box of tissue of course. :-\

If anyone is interested, I was inspired to make a video covering one of MJ's songs today and talked a little after about what his music has meant to me. There's sooo much I didn't say, but was trying to keep it short. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDuGKyR7sE (I hope posting links and such is okay, I'm new at this!)

Don't know if this will help anyone or if it is too late, but one of the folks who put the tix on ebay is not really selling, and says the tix are free. go to his myspace at

www.myspace.com/djtadaja

I looked real quick, but he has one of those myspaces that is hard for me to read.

Local pick in CA.

I was able to get tickets at the last minute, because someone I know knew I was a fan and give them to me. I'm very lucky. Quick question for those who also got tickets. My tickets say Nokia theater, which I assume means they are for the Simulcast and not the memorial itself, but I thought it might be possible that they just used the same tickets for everything. What do yours say?

I was able to get tickets at the last minute, because someone I know knew I was a fan and give them to me. I'm very lucky. Quick question for those who also got tickets. My tickets say Nokia theater, which I assume means they are for the Simulcast and not the memorial itself, but I thought it might be possible that they just used the same tickets for everything. What do yours say?

If they say Nokia Theater on them, I believe that means you're in the simulcast across the street. My ticket says Staples Center on the side and I double checked with the guy who gave them to me and he said yes, they were for the Staples Center, and pointed out where my seats were located, etc.

If they say Nokia Theater on them, I believe that means you're in the simulcast across the street. My ticket says Staples Center on the side and I double checked with the guy who gave them to me and he said yes, they were for the Staples Center, and pointed out where my seats were located, etc.

Thank you! It's what I suspected, but I just wanted to double check.

Congrats, MJGirlEternalDreamer! I'm sooo glad to see a big fan get tickets.

I am LIVID right now. One of the girls who was my best friend from middle to high school got tickets and she doesn't "feel like taking the time out to go tomorrow" and won't give them to me. Shes not even a fan! AT ALL! If the love of MJ wasn't in me right now, I would STRANGLE her through the computer screen! She has the nerve to ask me $500 for them! Are you kidding me?! She knows how much I adore Michael, everyone I know knows, and everyone registered for me but no one got any. I am just so upset, to be so close yet so far away is frustrating.

Congrats, MJGirlEternalDreamer! I'm sooo glad to see a big fan get tickets.

I am LIVID right now. One of the girls who was my best friend from middle to high school got tickets and she doesn't "feel like taking the time out to go tomorrow" and won't give them to me. Shes not even a fan! AT ALL! If the love of MJ wasn't in me right now, I would STRANGLE her through the computer screen! She has the nerve to ask me $500 for them! Are you kidding me?! She knows how much I adore Michael, everyone I know knows, and everyone registered for me but no one got any. I am just so upset, to be so close yet so far away is frustrating.

She clearly isnt your friend.

yes!! I'm going! been in LA since thursday and prayed I would. I didn't. but then this tv channel frm norway that has been following me on my stay here just surprised me with a ticket and wristband! I cried!!!

Ughh...I'm sorry...that's awful!! Yeah...I would definitely echo that she's absolutely not a friend. People don't realize how hurtful that is to have registered and managed to receive tickets and have taken away the chance for a true fan to go. I just read there were a couple thousand unclaimed tickets. I know I'm very lucky to be in that really small minority of people who was chosen for tickets, but just remember the majority of the fans unfortunately aren't able to go, so you're definitely not alone.

I'm kind of nervous about tomorrow, guys! It's going to be so sad...and so final...it hasn't really felt like it's real yet...:-\

That's amazing, stineLOVESmichael! I'm glad to see yet another fan on here going.

I agree with you MJGED, she's definitely not my friend anymore. I can't believe someone who knows a huge MJ fan would have the nerve to do something like that. Human nature never ceases to amaze me. I wonder what happens to the unclaimed tickets?

Let us know how it goes when it's over, and welcome to the family/board, by the way! :flowers:

I am so angry that people who aren't fans have registered and can't be bothered to go. Like it's some kind of joke. I really hope that it doesn't turn into a circus, but I have a bad feeling about it. The Jacksons are attending this, can you imagine if haters are in there and they start heckling.

And people asking for money, should be really ashamed, as Michael said himself, 'Anything, anything for money. Why don't you earn it with dignity.'

Man my blood is boiling and my blood ain't boiled like this since the trial.

^^ nobody is going the heckle anything. Even if haterz would be going, they'd be smart enough to keep their mouth shut in a stadium full of fans. ;)

I managed to get a ticket. My mom pulled some strings, and one of her friends got me one. I feel so grateful and fortunate to be able to pay respects in person. To everyone who isn't able to go, thank you guys for being so supportive of those who can, and I'll be sure to take everyone's spirits with me. :flowers:

Here is a good story and how you can tell true fans of Michaels:

Brit loses Jackson lottery, but wins stranger's gift

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Melvin Price registered for the Michael Jackson memorial ticket lottery in England on Friday and jumped on a flight to the United States over the weekend.

But Price, who did not beat the long odds to win tickets, will still get into the Staples Center event Tuesday because of a stranger he met on a Los Angeles street.
Barbara Ramirez did win tickets, but her husband, Ralph, has to work and can't go to the memorial with her.
"I own my company, and times are tight right now," Ralph Ramirez said.
After the couple picked up their tickets at Dodger Stadium Monday morning, they drove to the Staples Center to find "a deserving fan, someone who wouldn't be able to go otherwise."

That's where they found Price, wearing a bright red Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket.
Price, from Northhampton, England, was flabbergasted when Ramirez offered him the ticket.
"I don't know what to say," Price said. "Home is where the heart is, and right now, my heart is in America." iReport.com: "Surreal journey" to get Jackson tickets
Since Melvin would be sitting with Barbara Ramirez, Ralph asked him for one favor:
"Don't hit on my wife."
Price promised he wouldn't.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/06/michael.jackson.lucky.brit/index.html

Well done MJGirlEternalDreamer and to everyone esle who got a ticket. Please report back for those of us unable to go.

I just found out my cousin received an email for the main bldg. He got the tickets and bands yesterday. I think he said no phones are allowed, and if they see you using one...you lose the phone, period.

I managed to get a ticket. My mom pulled some strings, and one of her friends got me one. I feel so grateful and fortunate to be able to pay respects in person. To everyone who isn't able to go, thank you guys for being so supportive of those who can, and I'll be sure to take everyone's spirits with me. :flowers:

Yay! God rewarded you! :flowers:

Also congrats stineLOVESmichael! :flowers:

yes!! I'm going! been in LA since thursday and prayed I would. I didn't. but then this tv channel frm norway that has been following me on my stay here just surprised me with a ticket and wristband! I cried!!!

Well deserved. I know this proberly never going to happen but if you see anyone after that "seems like they just went cause the got picked"" can you look out for any wrist bands / tickets stubs that maybe thrown away after - id give anything for one . x

this whole thing seems so messed up :(
Congratulations to everyone who is going - you are our representatives there :)

Here is a good story and how you can tell true fans of Michaels:

Brit loses Jackson lottery, but wins stranger's gift

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Melvin Price registered for the Michael Jackson memorial ticket lottery in England on Friday and jumped on a flight to the United States over the weekend.

But Price, who did not beat the long odds to win tickets, will still get into the Staples Center event Tuesday because of a stranger he met on a Los Angeles street.
Barbara Ramirez did win tickets, but her husband, Ralph, has to work and can't go to the memorial with her.
"I own my company, and times are tight right now," Ralph Ramirez said.
After the couple picked up their tickets at Dodger Stadium Monday morning, they drove to the Staples Center to find "a deserving fan, someone who wouldn't be able to go otherwise."

That's where they found Price, wearing a bright red Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket.
Price, from Northhampton, England, was flabbergasted when Ramirez offered him the ticket.
"I don't know what to say," Price said. "Home is where the heart is, and right now, my heart is in America." iReport.com: "Surreal journey" to get Jackson tickets
Since Melvin would be sitting with Barbara Ramirez, Ralph asked him for one favor:
"Don't hit on my wife."
Price promised he wouldn't.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/06/michael.jackson.lucky.brit/index.html

God bless those people. That's what others should have done instead of selling their tickets on eBay for tens of thousands of dollars.

GUESS WHAT I JUST GOT.....IT'S A LITTLE LATE NOW.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for your registration.

Sorry, we regret to inform you that your registration to attend the Public Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was not selected.

Hundreds of thousands registered, but only a few can be in attendance.

[/FONT]
mj_no.jpg
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
Do Not Reply to this email. This is an unattended email box and your inquiry will not be answered.

© 2009 STAPLES Center. All Rights Reserved.
STAPLES Center • 1111 S. Figueroa Street • Los Angeles, CA 90015

If you can't see the images in this email, click here.

You received this email because you subscribed at staplescenter.com for the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service. Visit staplescenter.com for more information.

aeg_logo_v3.gif
STAPLES Center is owned and operated by a subsidiary of AEG.

Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
[/FONT]

Back