Memorial E-mails? anybody receive one?

just got an email from staples...was all excited(not really excited but you know what i mean)...was just an email saying i was unsuccessful! :(

Got the same email. Not selected. I hope my friend did though, we made a deal that we would both take eachother, since you get 2 tickets.

nothing...why the heck cali. This is in Colombia afaik!

Here is the only article so far on this that I have seen on cnn.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/05/jackson.tickets/index.html

also was not very happy with this shows people who are not even fans that are going if its true.

"Apparently my dad's friend who hates Michael Jackson, may have won tickets tu the memorial service... Step-mom's freaking out..!"

Truthfully though no one can really put blame on anyone for this as it's not like a "planned" event. We just have to learn to understand the situation and realize some will be there some will not. No one could of foreseen this to happen, and to make arrangements as such at last minute I am sure the best is trying to get done. Just sadly though alot of the majority are those trying to make a profit or ones never been to an event I bet.

I wish everyone the best whether your able to attend or not. Personally I've gotten in very poor health and cannot travel at this time. And I'd rather wait until Michael is in his final resting place and pay my condolences then which would make me feel like its more personal just him and I and good-bye.

it looks as tho they sent out some but damn....um...i ws expecting more people to comment.

y the hell would us end me an email about this? saying i wasn't picked? i registered my husband, myself, and my cousin. my email got a response saying i wasn't picked. does that mean the other two may have been picked since we haven't gotten one sayi ng otherwise

neither me nor anybody i know got any...not heard of any1 from Uk gettin tix yet hmmm...

I got the "sorry not selected" email.

I can't believe no one from here got an email. This suck. I hope real fans got the emails. But as I can see already from cnn. that they didn't. Sigh!

I've learned that 1 member in MJJB has received the 'selected mail', he even got 2 for the funeral but unfortunately he wasn't able to go to L.A :(

huhuhu! This morning, I've received the mail but it told that "Sorry, You're not selected" :(

Huh? He got one for the funeral? I thought that would be private, so just with family and so on? :S

Oh I think it's so sad that there only will be so less people able to attend...they really should've done something else. I really hope everyone who wants and is able to goes there, 'cause if I was able I would definitely go...ticket or no ticket! :(

I'm worried that loads of people that have won the tickets have no intention of going and did it on purpose.
On IMBD there were some idiots who kept making posts telling people to enter the draw many times - with fake names and then not go - what if lots of people did this because they're sick?

I'm worried that loads of people that have won the tickets have no intention of going and did it on purpose.
On IMBD there were some idiots who kept making posts telling people to enter the draw many times - with fake names and then not go - what if lots of people did this because they're sick?

Unfortunately there are many a-holes in this world. However what goes around comes around.

There was a young guy on the news from the UK who said he got a ticket but can't go cause its too short notice! Its like, um, you should have known that already. What happens if people who are excepted can't go? I hope there wont be empty seats!

Sorry, we regret to inform you that your registration to attend the Public Memorial Service for Michael Jackson was not selected.

aww :(

There was a young guy on the news from the UK who said he got a ticket but can't go cause its too short notice! Its like, um, you should have known that already. What happens if people who are excepted can't go? I hope there wont be empty seats!

I agree, why apply if you know you can't go? You have taken a place from some fans who actually can get there. He should be ashamed of himself.

if u are in the USA just go anyway u need to show support for mike. dont let them make it look like theres no fans cause this is the aim of all of this

Come on everyone, if you CAN get there, please GO and be peaceful :)

I've learned that 1 member in MJJB has received the 'selected mail', he even got 2 for the funeral but unfortunately he wasn't able to go to L.A :(

huhuhu! This morning, I've received the mail but it told that "Sorry, You're not selected" :(

Yeah, I don't get that, that is so unfair :( This whole thing to be fair is organised in such a bad way. I know part of this is Joe and Katherine's choice, but why have it on a Tuesday? Why release the tickets so late so people outside of the UK can't attend? Why only have it in a stadium that holds less than 20K? Why not have big sreens outide? If there's enough security than it will be safe.

Hey everyone! My first post here, but I've been lurking for years. Sad that this is what finally brought me to join. :( I was one of the lucky ones to receive tickets to the memorial tomorrow, so if it's any consolation I'm one HUGE fan of Michael's who will be representing at the service tomorrow, along with my friend who is also a big fan. It's so frustrating to see all of the people who received tickets who were not ever fans of Michael's or who never had the intention of going tomorrow, and meanwhile there are fans who are desperate for the chance to go! I've adored MJ since I was 8 years old and I'm 26 now, so for 18 years I've been inspired by his music and his life. I'm a musician myself and he is one of the reasons I'm in this business!!

Anyway, I finally wanted to speak up after years of lurking on this forum. My heart breaks for all of us right now, and also to those fans who are not able to go to the service who really wanted to, but I'll be there as a huge fan representing everyone here. :) Hope you're all doing okay...

Hey everyone! My first post here, but I've been lurking for years. Sad that this is what finally brought me to join. :( I was one of the lucky ones to receive tickets to the memorial tomorrow, so if it's any consolation I'm one HUGE fan of Michael's who will be representing at the service tomorrow, along with my friend who is also a big fan. It's so frustrating to see all of the people who received tickets who were not ever fans of Michael's or who never had the intention of going tomorrow, and meanwhile there are fans who are desperate for the chance to go! I've adored MJ since I was 8 years old and I'm 26 now, so for 18 years I've been inspired by his music and his life. I'm a musician myself and he is one of the reasons I'm in this business!!

Anyway, I finally wanted to speak up after years of lurking on this forum. My heart breaks for all of us right now, and also to those fans who are not able to go to the service who really wanted to, but I'll be there as a huge fan representing everyone here. :) Hope you're all doing okay...

Congrats on being selected, and welcome

ive just been told of one euro fan that i know of whos got a ticket

Glad to see at least one ticket in the hands of a real fan. :yes: Wish we could be there, too. Stay strong and I hope you return with a full report! ;)

This guy on facebook was offering. But he's probably asking a hefty compensation for it. There's a thread on it

I'm wondering about all of the tickets that were issued to folks who weren't planning on attending. Let's say its 6 pm at Dodgers Stadium, and there are unclaimed tickets. What happens then? Do you think they would they would then issue them to fans who are there waiting?

Just a thought...

^^Well, I guess any tickets, which remain unclaimed, without the "owner" notifying AEG or Ticketmaster or whomever responsible, will be distributed tomorrow... I don't think they will leave empty seats in the house!

Hi all

First up congratulations MJGirlEternalDreamer, it's good to hear that at least one real fan got a ticket.

Second up, I agree that this seems to have been kinda fixed, making it VERY difficult for people to get there and get their tickets. How anyone from the UK could get there I don't know.

I thought about going anyway and was checking out flights on Friday, but with the way they were ginving out tickets, it was impossible. Like loner, I think I would prefer a one to one goodbye, in my own time, how I want it and for as long as I want it.

To all fans going without tickets, take care. With all the stern warnings the LAPD have been giving, I don't think they'll be too forgiving off MJ fans. And remember the LA riots were only in 1992!!!!

maybe they'll somehow redistribute the tickets that weren't picked up? keep checking back

Back