# Message from Heal The World Foundation

Are you sure it was Heal the World Foundation? There's another charity, a Christian charity, that just goes by 'Heal the World'. They're based in Irvine, CA (I think, something like that)

No, I'm not. If it is the Christian charity, then there is no Heal the World Foundation registered with the BBB as far I can tell. I couldn't find an address on the Heal the World website.

BBB Listing:
Heal the World
Multiple Addresses. Click to show / hide all.
5521 Schaefer Avenue
Chino, CA 91718
5959 Triumph St.
Commerce, CA 90028

That was so beautiful and true. I always make sure I speak about Michael's cherity work, 50 million was given to those in great need around the world, and possibly more. My heart will always hold a special place for MJ, as I know it does for all of you.

I love it when folks speak of the 'person,' and not the 'persona,' of Michael Jackson. I only wish I could have met him to thank him for bringing so much love and joy, to such a dark and cold at times world. The world lost not only an entertainer, but a living angel.

I thought the Heal The World Foundation closed its doors a few years ago?

Heal the World, as involving Michael Jackson, was formally dissolved in 2004. Its operations had stopped in late-2002. This was made official on the tax filings from 2003. Here's an old message of mine on the issue:

------------
...I do have access to the official Heal The World Foundation tax filings through the year 2003.

The ones filed in 2003 (based on 2002 data) state, at the end:

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION HAS CEASED ITS EXEMPT OPERATIONS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 10/31/2003. THERE WILL BE NO ACTIVITY FOR 2004 AND THE ORGANIZATION WILL FORMALLY DISSOLVED IN 2004.

On the form itself they also checked 'YES' to the question: "Was there a liquidation, dissolution, termination, or substantial contraction during the year?"

Thus, by all legal accounts, the foundation was dissolved in 2004.
------------

According to non-profit documents, Melissa Johnson recently founded another Heal the World Foundation entity, although no concrete details are available about its operations.

Below here is their registration page with the CA State Attorney General (who handles charities). It says "pending" status still. Pending for over a year? According to HTWF's website:

"People are now remembering his music legacy, but behind the scenes, unknown to all but a small handful of people, during these last 7 years he authorized that tens of thousands be spent on preserving his charity organization Heal the World Foundation (HTWF)....With Michael Jackson not happy at turning 50 years old, he stepped up his efforts for a multifaceted comeback.Following these final performances, it was believed that Mr. Jackson would live a long and full life, devoted to HTWF and serving his God and his fellow man, with his fans leading the way."

I would like to know if these statements are true. Sorry if I'm skeptical if they're for real and this is true. I just want verification. How can we get that?
Full Name: HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION FEIN:

Type: Public Benefit

Corporate or Organization Number: 3036817

RCT Registraton No:
Record Type: Charity
Registration Type: Charity Registration Issue Date:

Expiration Date:
Registration Status: Pending
Date This Status: 3/26/2008 Date of Last Renewal:
Address Information
Address Line 1: 44489 TOWN CTR WY STE D425

Phone:

Address Line 2:

Address Line 3:

Address Line 4: PALM DESERT CA 92260 Annual Renewal Information
No Related Documents Prerequisite Information No Prerequisite Information IRS Return Data

I would really like to know if this is really Michael's heal the world foundation, or a new charity just set up with the same name. Any more info?

Well all I know is that is a very interesting site. I will definitely try to find out more about the organization. Michael's name needs to be upheld.

I'm really skeptical about this organization's relationship with MJ. All of the links to information about MJ ("His Charity Work," "His Thoughts," etc.) go to different websites.

I found a page called "Michael's Army," and it has this phrase, "The following is an example of what Michael might tell the fans:" If this was really Michael's charity, why would they have an "example" of what Michael might tell the fans? Why wouldn't he actually have made a statement to the fans?

Personally, I'd look into this further before donating.

Last edited:
I don't know if the foundation still exists or not, but...... those words were incredibly beautiful :cry: :cry: :cry:
Whatever relationship they had with Michael in the past years, they've described him like he really was, and those were some fo the many reasons I love him SO much!

She's right, the world needs Michael desperately :cry:

I was looking into this a couple of days ago and found an article in which doubt was cast over if this Foundation was legitimate (have been trying to find it again to post for peoples opinions without success!) BUT I did find this...

http://www.jacksonaction.com/index.php?page=view.php&id=6771&section=articles

What are your thoughts? I really want to help/donate to a charity/charities to contribute to Michaels efforts and help...any suggestions??

Heal the World foundation was founded by Michael, and very close to his heart. I don't understand why it closed is it because of due agenda against him and financial restrictions placed on him.

it could be true with him come back he was going to refire things close to him.

Malika Chopra used to run the foundation as she says in her beautiful tribute, she could be worth contacting. to find out what the status is if she knows. Deepak Chopra may know, but then again maybe not..

http://www.intent.com/mallikachopra/blog/reflections-michael-jackson

It is with a sad heart today that I write this blog. My brother, Gotham, and my father, Deepak, have both written beautiful articles remembering our friend, Michael Jackson. I debated writing something or not, and in the end decided to write for my own healing process.

My brother and I had a magical childhood, and much of this was because of Michael. For us, Michael let us visit Neverland like it was our own – from movies to playing video games to bumper car rides to playing with the chimps to eating amazing chocolate chip cookies, we were able to take our cousins and friends to this magical place and just have pure fun. Eating meals with Michael in those days – almost 20 years ago now - was always an experience. He would start humming a tune and then excuse himself. When he came back, he would giggle with delight, explaining how music just came to him and he had to record it to save what came, he always said, came from some place else. Every moment we were with Michael, I would be utterly comfortable and utterly in awe at the same time.

My relationship with Michael was very different from that of my father and brothers. Michael and I shared an absolute love for children, and his heart cried about the pain children around the world faced. One day, while chatting with him about his upcoming Super Bowl performance, Michael was brainstorming how he could use the worldwide exposure for a greater cause, and the Heal The World Foundation was born. My first job, after graduating from college, was to launch the foundation with a small team. I was so proud of the work we did in that short time, only to find that our good intentions came to a halt when Michael was accused the first time of child molestation. Over night, understandably so, non-profits backed away from our efforts and we quietly closed shop. My family always maintained our belief that Michael was innocent in both cases – for those that were close to Michael, all would admit he was quirky and had bad judgment at times. But to think Michael could abuse a child was unfathomable in my mind.

Over the last decade, my relationship with Michael continued to be focused on kids, but now our own. (We remained connected through my best friend, Grace, who served as their nanny for many years.) It was amazing for me to witness in those early years how enamored Michael was with his children. He changed their diapers through the night, sang and played with them, rocked them to sleep, bathed them and had to change his own outfits when they threw up on him – the same routine that all parents know and love. In the few times we spoke, he would always reflect on the miracle of being a parent. He also protected them in a way that reflected his own lost childhood, and his paranoia about being taken advantage of. Paris, Prince and Blanket are three beautiful children. With Michael gone, I truly pray that they will find some peace and be spared the heart wrenching pain that their father faced time and time again in his life.

I write this blog in London after having a very surreal encounter with the kind of people that Michael was always paranoid about. I will spare the details, but in those few hours, where I felt my kids were in a vulnerable situation, I had just the tiniest insight into why Michael became so paranoid in his life. So sad that such a trusting soul had to become so distrustful. Because truly he was a loving, trusting soul.

Here in London, like in much of the world, every television channel paid tribute to Michael Jackson. As I watched some clips with my two young daughters (7 and 5), I found I had so much to explain to them. Why did he have white skin (he had a skin disease)? Why did he look so different from when he was a kid? (A fascinating discussion about plastic surgery followed). Why did he look so weird? Why did he hide all the time? What’s going to happen to Prince, Paris and Blanket? I patiently answered their questions, focusing on being a mom that needs to help her children understand a confusing world. The reality is that Michael's life and story brings up painful questions about how we see the world, see ourselves and treat others.

And, as we were watching, the Heal the World video came on. And finally after holding back all morning, my tears streamed down freely, as my two daughters held me. Hearing that song, in which Micheal sang about healing the world…

I was looking into this a couple of days ago and found an article in which doubt was cast over if this Foundation was legitimate (have been trying to find it again to post for peoples opinions without success!) BUT I did find this...

http://www.jacksonaction.com/index.php?page=view.php&id=6771&section=articles

What are your thoughts? I really want to help/donate to a charity/charities to contribute to Michaels efforts and help...any suggestions??

Hrm... well, they say they've been 'officially notified' that it's not legitimate but they don't say by who, so it's hard to say how accurate that might be!

From the Foundation side though, there's an 'MJFans interview with Melissa Johnson' on the healtheworld.us site - it looks like you need to create an account on the site to view it directly, but you can view it without an account through google's cache.:
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...s/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso

There's a lot of information there. I haven't investigated it to see how accurate it is, but it looks to me like basically the 'old' Heal the World Foundation collapsed, and a 'new' one was set up to try to carry on the work, seemingly with Michael's approval if not his active involvement.

Heal the Kids was an initiative developed by Heal the World Foundation (i.e. with Michael) in 2000, a couple of years before they lost their tax status.

As for the "officially notified" that it's not legit comments on the other site, I wrote to them wanting to know WHO notified them. So far I haven't heard back. This is important to me to find out what the heck it going on!

Does anyone know why Michael's Heal The World Foundation and/or Heal the Kids were stopped?

I started a thread on this the other day as I wanted to know what the status was as well.

Michael started the heal the world and it closed its doors from I understand financial reasons in 2004 just before the trials.

But HTWF say Michael wanted to keep it going, and had put in thousands of dollars to keep it going. I don't believe Michael would have turned his back on it. it was close to his heart.

Here is the current statement and explanation

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso

Last edited:
I think it's strange that an explanation about the current status of the foundation is available only to current and new members. All their actions are shrouded in a fog and that smells bad to me. If they are serious about being a genuine charity, they should have their ish in order. Having the right papers and possible certifications. And not relying on tear pulling letters for support, but by an open attitude, not hiding in vagueness.

http://healtheworld.us/members/htwf

There are a few sites popping up recently claiming to be donating money to the foundation for selling of various goods and services. Please be careful as a many of them are not NOT approved by the charity.

We have created this section of the website to outline the third party members, private companies and individual supporters that ARE endorsed by the Heal the World Foundation. If you have found a site that is not on this list please get in contact with us here and we will try and look into it for you.

Hrm... well, they say they've been 'officially notified' that it's not legitimate but they don't say by who, so it's hard to say how accurate that might be!

From the Foundation side though, there's an 'MJFans interview with Melissa Johnson' on the healtheworld.us site - it looks like you need to create an account on the site to view it directly, but you can view it without an account through google's cache.:
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...s/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso

There's a lot of information there. I haven't investigated it to see how accurate it is, but it looks to me like basically the 'old' Heal the World Foundation collapsed, and a 'new' one was set up to try to carry on the work, seemingly with Michael's approval if not his active involvement.

again, more informattion FROM the PResident, from HTWF but nothing WITH michael jackson, regarding them or his resubmergence with them? why would fans ask her questions, either before or after his death. why is there NO interview WITH jackson, on HTWF or regarding HTWF? well after the failed extortion attempts, the trials, etc. he got back on track and was doing his charity and humanitarian efforts around the world, so why is there no interview WITH him, regarding this HTWF on their own website? having fans ask Q & A with the President just doesn't cut as facts for me, sorry.

Lovely heart warming statements there :) Very touching and admire them for the work they did with Michael. I'm just saddened that there is an air of uncertainty about their dealings :(

Hi Everybody,

I'm still new to MJJCommunity, but have been posting on another Heal The World Foundation thread about what I have learned about Melissa Johnson's HWTF. Just found out about this thread today.

Please go to http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58378&page=6 to the end of the thread for what I have found out so far.

I love MJJCommunity and am so happy to be here. It's not my intent to put anyone down, but I really do hate for people to lie about Michael.

If she has a tribute site, why not just say so?? If Jermaine Jackson can pay tribute to his brother (www.tribute2009.com), Melissa's site could, too. There is no reason for false pretense.

If anyone on this thread has any PROOF or actual evidence of Michael's personal knowledge of and support of Melissa Johnson's HTWF, PLEASE post it here! So far, I have seen nothing real.

Kate

OK, folks.

Here is the latest from CBS News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5234202.shtml

This report by CBS News was published today. It really does say it all, and I quote, "The Michael Jackson estate has no connection whatsoever to the "Heal the World Foundation” run by Melissa Johnson," said Terry Fahn, a spokesperson for John Branca, the special administrator of the Jackson estate.

Rest In Peace, Michael.

Kate

For anyone interested in working together on Michael's vision and to preserve his legacy, join us at www.uncivilsociety.org. This is Jeff Trexler's blog, but he has said we can do heal the world work there while we are figuring it all out.

Here is a good idea from a former fake HTWF member posted there today:

Question (already posted on the site): "I would like to ask everyone who comes here to post what you think the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor with both our time and money would be: donate to children's charities, orphanages, children's hospitals, AIDS victims, educational charities, providing help to homeless children--what?"

Answer (from former HTWF member): "Well, I think that is enough about HTWF. I want to answer Kate's question about the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor in the beginning. I think it should be something simple but hopefully effective, such a scholarship in Michael's name at Oxford, where he gave that amazing speech about parents and children in 2001. I don't know anyone at Oxford, but surely someone does. I did look up tuition costs, and although the Oxford website is pretty vague about costs for US Students, I searched around and found several sources that say a year at Oxford for a US person costs between $30,000 to $40,000--about what a good private university here costs. For UK/EU students, a year is much less--about $7,500 to $10,000.

I think a good goal would be to raise $40,000. If a US person is awarded the scholarship, it will only pay for one year, but if a UK/EU student is awarded the scholarship, it could pay for most of their undergraduate degree.

How to win the scholarship? I think there would have to be a knowledgeable review panel set up--maybe Jeff can help us with that since he is in academics. My idea--and I am sure there are better ones--would be to have an ongoing research effort into Michael's humanitarian and philanthropic work... basically a history of what he actually did to help people and the planet. The research would have to conform to rigorous academic standards, and all the papers written would become part of the body of work, whether the winning dissertation or not.

Anyway, $40,000 a year does not seem like an unattainable amount of money to raise, and it would result in some FACTS about Michael Jackson's life, something that has been in short supply.

Eventually, we could endow a professorship somewhere... I don't know. I just know that I want to see people know the truth about all the good he did, and I want young people to study and learn about what it means to do good with your life.

Anyway, that's my idea."

Do any of you know anyone at Oxford?

www.uncivilsociety.org is a good place. You are all welcome.

Kate

Back