Michael: Album Reviews

Re: Michael: first review

Thriller received bad reviews on its release! Chill . . although this album does seem to be a mismatch of songs and people will take the album less seriously with the Cascio songs on board.

Not going to say I'm surprised at the reviews, I'll wait and listen for myself.

This is totally off topic here, but I must say I can't believe I am in the UK just as this is happening.... it will be the first time in my life to be so "close" to the action, to say so. When I think of previous albums, we (that is, in Chile) would only get fourth-sixth hand info about those, if any. No Internet back in the days, you know. Invincible went almost unnotice due to the S-11 and little was told about MJ's fight against $ony.

So yes, in a way, I am really surprised to see first hand the level of hate MJ receives from media. It's scary. And this is really nothing in comparison with what he had to face every single day of his life out of every little thing he did.

Well... sorry for my "developing country" talking, but the more I see, the more I learn.

Of course, I don't give a damn about tabloids. In fact, I will never understand why people spend their hard-earned money and precious time in those.

Thanks for the updates, friends!! :flowers:

It is a good thing. It is just an indication of the musical style. "sultry vocals" means that his voice smooth and silky. (Oh yeah! :shifty:)

Slap-funk bass I'm guessing would mean that the bass line is similar to that of a funk song that you can clap along to. (That's just my best guess :hysterical: Who knows what people mean exactly when they make up some of these words.)

oh yeah... it really is!!!... :shifty:

Thanks so much for helping me understanding those strange English words, Ginvid!! :hug:

lol @ all the reviews. So misguided and idiotic that it makes me cringe.

I find it funny they have no idea what they're talkin about. "Much Too Soon" was completed in Thriller era? LOL! It was finished THIS YEAR in London by Tommy Emmanuel.

Prediction: Legitimate music sites will rate this no higher than 2 stars.

Pitty that the media aren't MJ fans, and couldnt find the good in his legit tracks and notice the fakeness on the illegitimate ones.

Makes me shudder reading that media pick songs like "Keep Your Head Up" and "Monster" as the "best" and "favourite" tracks on there. Imagine they had the opportunity to review Blue Gangsta, Do You Know, We've Had Enough, Escape, Place With No Name or Slave to the Rhythm.

Epic fail from the Estate and Sony here. Cant wait to hear the full thing and do my own review.

I can't agree more. BG & STTR are the best MJ tracks I've heard for a long, long time. Why they have been left off is beyond me. I'd like to know who decided this and why.

3.gif

^ UK especially will see lots of big things starting next week

Really? So there will be promotion in the two weeks leading to the album's release? And that promotion will coincide with an episode of Oprah Winfrey's show dedicated to the album? Thank God for your source!

When have we ever cared about what the tabloids say? People are going to buy it because if has two words on it. Michael and Jackson. It'll sell like hotcakes and non fans will buy it just to hear new stuff. People are hard to please anyway, buy it if you want or don't buy it. Its as simple as that.

and if that is true wy is this thread even here?

Blerrrgh! Why post this! It's The Sun and it's garbage all the way!
I do not like the album either from waht i've heard so far, but this so called 'journalist' doesn't know what he's talking about, he's full of shiiit!

it's amazing how whenever Michael sings about tabloids and paparazzi, they immediately call him paranoid and crazy. I guess it's very tough for them to face the truth and admit the way they treated Michael all his life. It's much easier to write everything down as "paranoid self-obsession". F**k the press.

Right, one of them called him "self-obsessed" and another said he's "insecure" and "self-loathing". It can't be both, can it? Whatever. As others have said, they'd pick it apart no matter what. What kind of reviews did Dangerous get when it first came out?

How many of these "reviews" come from legitimate papers written by respected critics? None of the reviews listed actually offer a critique of the work, i.e. production, singing, songwriting, etc... The Sun referring to anything MJ contributed to as paranoid and self-absorbed is laughable. Isn't this the same rag who has paid off nearly anyone who has come within 6ft of MJ to tell their story, showcased a video of Joe Jackson blaming his wife for MJ's death AND recently ran a weekly series showcasing video they bought of Michael and his children and many other dubious deeds all occurring after his death and we are to take their review seriously with lines like paranoid nonsense and self-obsessed? Honestly, some reviews are not worth the paper they were written on and if you cannot refer to the man by his given name, that automatically disqualifies you as a critic I should respect. I have no problem with accepting and respecting a negative review as long as it is an actual review of the work. These reviews are nothing more than catty bitching and I've seen far too much of that from too many people, fans included.

:clapping: THIS!!

I can't agree more. BG & STTR are the best MJ tracks I've heard for a long, long time. Why they have been left off is beyond me. I'd like to know who decided this and why.

3.gif

Like stated before: there are going to be more albums. I think that they are spreading those songs over the next albums, to give each album a variety of songs.

The 1st mistake was putting john McClain in charge of the album.

This whole thing started with him...then he brought the family into the fold..and it went downhill from there.

So, I think John McClain should take the blame EVEN if this album turns out to be a huge hit.

This album has to be a success otherwise, that family will keep throwing shade. And personally, I cannot deal with any of that much longer.

I think you could be right Memefan...
And the same here, difficult to deal with.

Hugs to you.

The minute you read that someone is crying for the "good old times of Off The Wall and Thriller", you know better.

What was that? "The Jackson Family Estate"? :rofl:

The "Jackson Family Estate"?... Things might not be what they seem to be...
OMG, weird thoughts going through my head now... but I am not going to speak them out.
It will be better for me not to speculate but wait and see...
Wondering what will come to the surface...

The "Jackson Family Estate"?... Things might not be what they seem to be...
OMG, weird thoughts going through my head now... but I am not going to speak them out.
It will be better for me not to speculate but wait and see...
Wondering what will come to the surface...

Interesting choice of words by Gordon Smart at the "Sun". Even those with the least knowledge on all of this somehow heard the family was "not in the will", to say it in popular lingo. And most notably that's the Estate of Michael Jackson, NOT the Jackson Family Estate.

Here's another sentence from Gordon Smart's Wikipedia page that made me grin.
Smart has allegiances to rock bands Kasabian, Oasis, Coldplay, Glasvegas, The Enemy and pop act Take That.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Smart
:fortuneteller:

I'm curious to see the development of certain Twitter rants once the album does really, really well. :cheeky:
Suddenly the "Jackson Family Estate" probably won't mind anymore to declare that album part of the discography of it's "dynasty". :D
Gotta go with the flow. Embrace the distant cousins...

Last edited:

Interesting choice of words by Gordon Smart at the "Sun". Even those with the least knowledge on all of this somehow heard the family was "not in the will", to say it in popular lingo. And most notably that's the Estate of Michael Jackson, NOT the Jackson Family Estate.

Here's another sentence from Gordon Smart's Wikipedia page that made me grin.

:fortuneteller:

I'm curious to see the development of certain Twitter rants once the album does really, really well. :cheeky:
Suddenly the "Jackson Family Estate" probably won't mind anymore to declare that album part of the discography of it's "dynasty". :D
Gotta go with the flow. Embrace the distant cousins...

Thanks Pace! Didn't read al the reviews! Tabloids get ennoying quickly ;-). Got a bit confused... thanx for helping me out with it.

Yeah, I see what you're saying further... curious for further developments too, ofcourse.

Well, I was getting a bit tired of it all... but in the end you brought a smile on my face :)

Love.

Right, one of them called him "self-obsessed" and another said he's "insecure" and "self-loathing". It can't be both, can it? Whatever. As others have said, they'd pick it apart no matter what. What kind of reviews did Dangerous get when it first came out?

i guess it touched a raw nerve with the scum

I didn't read much of the reviews, but from what I heard so far from the "new" songs, I frankly will keep with good ol' MJ from the oldies. I love MJ, don't get me wrong, and I enjoy some of the new things... But it's too much 2000's to me. I know he wanted to keep up with the times... But since I don't enjoy our times, I guess it's not his fault.

After all, it's not even like he had the time to finish the album. Probably some of the songs sounded better before they were "finished" for this project.
PS.: Did they screw Behind The Mask? That's all I need to get very very sad at this album. They probably "updated" it to be 2000's and screwed the song.

Remember, all these 'reviewers' hated Invincible!!!!!!!!!

But they'll be no doubt that the Cascio songs will be labelled as the worst..........which will probably end up being more fact and less opinion!!!!!

It's funny rolling stone called "Blue Gangster" one of the funkiest MJ songs in years. The stuff that didn't make the album the critics seem to like. BG should have 100% made the tracklist. It's a strong song, and it's got an almost jazz feel to it. Something unique!

It's funny rolling stone called "Blue Gangster" one of the funkiest MJ songs in years. The stuff that didn't make the album the critics seem to like. BG should have 100% made the tracklist. It's a strong song, and it's got an almost jazz feel to it. Something unique!

That thing could have had a video to blow the world away once more. Man.

EVERY MJ Album has had bad (p) reviews. Who cares? Even Thriller had bad reviews. They all come back on it... and we know it.

These reviews sound like more reviews on Michael the man not the album so much. It doesn't sound really objective. It sounds personal opinions and using the album as a background and just bashing Michael some more. My review is when I listen to the actual album in 12 days for myself.

"The Way You Love Me" recorded in 2004?
--> NO, it was recorded during the INVINCIBLE recording sessions

"Another Day" leaked in 2008?
--> LOL! A snippet was leaked on 2nd February 2010!

INVINCIBLE from 2007?
--> It was released on 29th/30th October 2001!

Journalists are so stupid, they do not research, they're just cribbing from each other...

:yes: I know. It is almost funny, but not really because it is just too pathetic that they are so ignorant. They are the ones the public turn to for info, and they clearly don't know shit. :doh::smilerolleyes:

What was that? "The Jackson Family Estate"? :rofl:

Estate is called "The estate of Michael Jackson". The trust is called "Michael Jackson Family Trust". Seems like they mixed and matched those two and made up a new name.

when did RollingStone review BG?? where can i read it?? thanks!

-Dal

Back