Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

• Yes, I love them and read them all the time

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Not sure, but would give them a try

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • No. I've read some and didn't like them

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Don't care for 'em and wouldn't read any

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters
Fanfics can be really good or laughably horrible. It depends on who's writing it. I usually know in the first chapter if it's going to work for me or not.

For me, Michael has to be in character. I don't want to read about him being in some high school or a college student, or just some average Joe working in an office or something.

I've read some really romantic ones that were well written and some extremely graphic X-rated ones.

I don't read them too often because I just don't have the time. But if I come across one or two that I know are good, I'll make the time to indulge. And it can be really rewarding to read those. A good writer can pull you into the story like you are there and make you laugh, cry and get really turned on. And if they can pull certain traits of Michael that we know are true into the story, it makes it even more believable.

There used to be a website that is no longer around that had some really bizzare stories, called Neverland Nights. For those here who have visited that site in the long ago past, you know what I'm talking about.:doh:

As much as I have a lot of plans and my W.I.P. stories with Michael, P.Y.T. Girls and anime related stuff I wanna do or finish I have to take a break from all that so I can focus on my Christmas special story and Michael will be mentioned in the story. And my curiosity peeks but when you write stories on Michael, do any of you felt inspired by Michael and anything else related? I know I was inspired a lot from Michael, anime, cartoons, etc.

I read them at times, especially when I miss him in the sleepless night.
I can say some of them are really good and very enjoyable :D

@GreenEyes you got me curious as to what kind of stories they wrote there lol I never visited that neverland nights site

@GreenEyes you got me curious as to what kind of stories they wrote there lol I never visited that neverland nights site

Erm... graphic - that included rape.

Why someone thought to write something like that and share it with others thinking it would be enjoyable is beyond me.:doh:

There were also some really bizarre S & M stories. Ha!

Hey - you asked, so there you go. ;-)

Last edited:
I used to read them some time ago, because they gave me a sort of escapism. But now I don't like them anymore.

Erm... graphic - that included rape.

Why someone thought to write something like that and share it with others thinking it would be enjoyable is beyond me.:doh:

There were also some really bizarre S & M stories. Ha!

Hey - you asked, so there you go. ;-)

I know I did,honestly nothing surprises me but who wants to write about rape? out of all the possible topics? And especially if it's a Michael related fic right, thanks though ;)

I'm working on an MJ fic at the moment, if I post a link here of the first few chapters in the next couple of days, I'd love for you guys to have a read and see what you think?! :clap:
There will be no rape or anything disturbing in it though, guaranteed! :blink: Don't know how people can write about such things...

I've set it in the Bad era and it's a romance/drama/comedy rolled into one. :D

^^Bad era, romance.. sounds good:shifty: I'm curious, I'd love to read it when you're done! :D

& wth a story about Michael and.. rape...?!!:bugeyed That does NOT make sense.. :blink:

I know I did,honestly nothing surprises me but who wants to write about rape? out of all the possible topics? And especially if it's a Michael related fic right, thanks though ;)

And he wasn't the rapist - but a victim of it - by a bunch of escaped prisoners.

Surely, I can't be the only one here who read that story on Neverland Nights site.:blink:

^^Bad era, romance.. sounds good:shifty:

I know :shifty: >>>>>
b669832f.gif
:naughty:

I'm working on an MJ fic at the moment, if I post a link here of the first few chapters in the next couple of days, I'd love for you guys to have a read and see what you think?! :clap:

I've set it in the Bad era and it's a romance/drama/comedy rolled into one. :D

Did anyone say BAD ERA!? :naughty: I'd love to read it girl! :clap:

And he wasn't the rapist - but a victim of it - by a bunch of escaped prisoners.

Surely, I can't be the only one here who read that story on Neverland Nights site.:blink:

SICK PEOPLE!!! I mean, wtf :mat:

I know :shifty: >>>>>
b669832f.gif
:naughty:

Mmmh, that gif, yasss :shifty:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!:bugeyed Wow, wasn't expecting THAT:blink: I thought he'd be.. you know, the rapist(like.. how?!) cause some people have weird fantasies like that but... this is just..toooo messed up, damn!:no:

And Ash you really gotta stop killing me with that giiiiif :lmao: :naughty:

I got a review last week, well not a review, more like a personal attack against me in one of my MJ-P.Y.T.Girls fanfiction called "The Michael Jackson Harem Story", that idiot posted a review calling me a "F:perrinING LESBIAN!" I was so mad, but the jokes on that idiot because "I'M A F:perrinING MAN FOR GOD SAKE!" My apologies for that outburst, but it is insulting, so I deleted that insulting review away.

Remember folks. Be careful, some idiot trolls will add insult among yous in your reviews of your stories.

I've never read fan fiction for anything, but I would like to give it a shot. I even had a thought for a story a few weeks ago (yes, Michael-related), inspired by Hollywood Tonight- I got a few sentences going in my head as I was walking to work, but I don't think I ever wrote them down :( I can still remember the general idea and where I was going with it, but I don't remember exactly what I wanted to say. It's funny because I used to struggle with writing (I'd have to have my sister write my school papers for me :lol:), but I've gotten so much better in the last couple years. Once I get my site up and running, I might give it a shot, who knows?

EDIT: Just read through the whole thread and just wanted to comment on the whole topic around "sexual" fanfics- although I've never ready any fics at all, the thought of sexual ones turns me off. I mean, maybe some making out or something is about as far as I would like to read. Personally, I find emotional attachments/relationships much more satisfying than sexual ones. So reading a story, for example, about two people falling in love but never giving in to that sexual desire... their relationship is based entirely on emotions... I love that because it doesn't give everything away. It gives my imagination the opportunity to wander, to think... "Well, what if they "went there"?" I can make up my own scenarios in my head.

Plus, if I ever do get around to writing my fan fic, it would be clean. PG-13 at worst. Yes, I like to drool and oggle over Michael- what hot-blooded female doesn't? :lol:- but to go into sexually explicit detail, in my opinion, is just disrespectful. I would not be able to sleep at night if I did something like that... I would be so riddled with guilt it's ridiculous. Maybe that makes me weird, but hey. That's how I roll.

That's my :2cents:

Last edited:
i've read a few from G rated to ... well .. what most of them tend to be about. only a couple of them were interesting to me because in order for me to enjoy it, i have to believe it. the situation doesn't even have to be realistic, just the things that michael would say, do, and react to. most of the ones i have read have been very loosely based on michael (and yes I know it's fiction, and fantasy, but this is just me - i have to BUY it). some of the ones i have read have set up a situation perfectly well, and then michael enters into the story and says something that he would NEVER say or acts in some kind of aggressive way... I don't know.. that's my take on it.

I like some of them, at least the well-written ones lol. I like the alternate universes that they create. It's almost like some of the short films that Michael came up with grew legs and took on lives of their own, I always thought that was kinda cool.

As far as the sexual stuff goes, like with any other kind of story, it has to have context within the story for me to be able to stomach it lol. Writing out love scenes (or even erotica for that matter) takes a certain level of tact and finesse. Without it, it comes off as corny, crass and just makes for an awkward read lol. All in all, they're a pleasant diversion, especially on those days when I'm really missing him; I'm able to step into a world where he's still here and anything is possible.

Spyce, some sites rate their fanfics so that you can look for/avoid particular subject matter, that might be a good starting place for you. :)

I like to read them too. I check out Wattpad and enjoy some from there.

I used to write them when I was younger, and I've suddenly got a bug to do another - because I've certainly improved as a writer (I hope! lol). But I had to check this poll to see if that's even a thing anymore lol. I remember it was huge when I was around.
And I used to be really into it :giggle:
I definitely get the uneasiness about writing about real people, and its kinda weird for me too - especially if its sexual in nature. Though I did find MJ attractive, I probably wrote like one sexual fiction just to experiment, and I never did it again cuz it was just too weird lol
I also didn't write fiction with myself in them - something I saw a lot. It was completely fantasy based. Like something based on a music video concept - I remember I wrote a lot of horror type stuff, cuz I was into that sort of thing (still am lol). Though I think I wouldn't revisit that now because although they were fun at the time, it'll be sensitive now for some people.

I think if I were to write one now, it would be based on one of his songs (Thinking about doing one based on "Place with No Name" or "Chicago" or Blue Gangsta ....haha can't decide, all the songs are so storytelling-oriented, I love it :D) - or a "day in the life of Michael Jackson," - where maybe there would be a storyline happening through some period in his life that everyone is familiar with. Secret romance with a fictional character, or even just maybe attempting to capture what it might've been like for him on a typical day and "bring him to life" in a figurative way with a theme woven in.

But I hope MJ fan fiction isn't completely out of style. I think its a good outlet for fans to possibly give tribute to him in an artistic way (since I think writing is an artistic medium) if done right, if its done with respectful intentions. And like someone said, for readers, it can feel like he's been brought back to life in some ways.

Back