Michael Incorporating Mime Into His Dance

L.T.D

Proud Member

I allways thought it was so cool how Michael incoroprated mime into his dancing. I heard Michael was going to perform with Marcel Marceau on his One Night Only show in 1995. Does anyone have anymore info on Michael's miming.

i remember seeing him do it on tour, specifically at the end of Human Nature on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours, and as I was referring too in the title he did a lot of it performing Stranger in Moscow on the HIStory Tour.

Re: Michael did A LOT of miming on tour, particularly HIStory Tour.

He did it a bit during the Bad Tour too...Can't remember which song...Lovely One, maybe.......:scratch: I'd have to find it again...

who cares?:mello:

Just seeing him would be enough for me.

who cares?:mello:

Just seeing him would be enough for me.

what do you mean 'who cares?' ...WE care, obviously, cuz it's interesting....I think it's so cool when he does that...

he can do a lot more dancing when he doesn't have to sing and lose his breath. I understand why he did this. Its hard to sing and do as much dancing as he does. lol i have tried... it sure aint easy. So i dont care that he mimed his songs. I just love to see him shake his groove thang! lol

he can do a lot more dancing when he doesn't have to sing and lose his breath. I understand why he did this. Its hard to sing and do as much dancing as he does. lol i have tried... it sure aint easy. So i dont care that he mimed his songs. I just love to see him shake his groove thang! lol

I totally agree with you here....But what we're talking about is MIMING...as in, Marcel Marceau miming....:lol:

ok i have had NO sleep so my brain is like running on what little juice it has... GOtcha now lol Sorry.

Sucks getting up at 2:30 to take someone to the airport lol.

Somebody didnt read the first post ;) haha

lol shut up ;)

Here we go! Check out 1:30 :wild:

I'm sure he's done some miming during Human Nature too...

Last edited:

yeah, that's why i love watching him perform Human Nature. for that matter, Bille JEan, too.

I forgot about him doing it during Lovely One on the Bad Tour. Heres another clip I forgot about where he does it.

Dancing to Janet's 'The Knowledge'. I love how he just locks himself in a dance studio like that and puts a song on. Then just lets the music take over him. I dream of doing that myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF03reiMs0Y&feature=related

(Tried to embed it but I couldnt for some reason)

Last edited:

I forgot about him doing it during Lovely One on the Bad Tour. Heres another clip I forgot about where he does it.

Dancing to Janet's 'The Knowledge'. I love how he just locks himself in a dance studio like that and puts a song on. Then just lets the music take over him. I dream of doing that myself.

YES! forgot about that one! Cool find!

I love the clip of MJ just dancing in the studio.

I would love to see more of that.

YES! forgot about that one! Cool find!

Thanks for embedding it for me. It just wouldnt let me do it!

I would love to get a full video of MJ just dancing in his studio like that, I would gladly sit there and just watch him dance for an hour. Cant say that about any other dancer.

Reading is fundamental LTD. I was thinking when I saw the thread title, "Don't we have a million threads about this already"? I'm glad I read first and posted second. That often works best. And I think the thread is a cool idea :)

I like how he mimes at the end of this performance (at 4:22):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-CcukMgj-s

Yup! I love that! I love this shot of him too....Such a beautiful picture...I love the emotion in his face here...creates a lot of pathos as he's very good at projecting....

29f35ue.jpg

hey i read the first post it just didn't sink in right lol

^^^

I thoght we were back on the "play-back" subject too :lol: but that's not at all what it's about.

Maybe the thread title should be changed, I can see how it would suggest the thred is about lip synching. I wouldnt dream about making another lip synching thread. While I do think its something we should talk about, there have already been many threads about it over the past few months. Some of which are still active.

Would it be possible for a mod to change the title?

I would love to get a full video of MJ just dancing in his studio like that, I would gladly sit there and just watch him dance for an hour. Cant say that about any other dancer.

Oh yes, that would really be too cool to be true. An hour, two, three..I think I wouldn't worry about time if I could watch the master at work like that :)

And btw very interesting thread, thank you very much! :yes: I thought this was about something else, too, but the picture with MJ and MM made me realize this was about something much better :)

Maybe the thread title should be changed, I can see how it would suggest the thred is about lip synching. I wouldnt dream about making another lip synching thread. While I do think its something we should talk about, there have already been many threads about it over the past few months. Some of which are still active.

Would it be possible for a mod to change the title?

yeah, I thought the same thing when I first read the title...I was like....'what?? not ANOTHER thread on lip syncing!' and I think you've started one before too ...and I was like...'WHAT is with him??'....:lol:

This is a great thread though! :wild:

yeah, I thought the same thing when I first read the title...I was like....'what?? not ANOTHER thread on lip syncing!' and I think you've started one before too ...and I was like...'WHAT is with him??'....:lol:

This is a great thread though! :wild:

Haha no i'm not that obsessed with it :p

I was just thinking, wasnt 'Smile' supposed to be released as a single in 1997 and there was to be a music video for it? I think I remeber hearing that somewhere.

Do you think we may have got a music video full of mime? :D

Haha no i'm not that obsessed with it :p

I was just thinking, wasnt 'Smile' supposed to be released as a single in 1997 and there was to be a music video for it? I think I remeber hearing that somewhere.

Do you think we may have got a music video full of mime? :D

hahaha...no, I know you're not :lol:

oooh, maybe there IS a video? omg, i'd die and go to heaven! :wild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF03reiMs0Y&feature=related

I just draw the curtains, put the headphones in and let loose. It works.

Miming at any point in a live show is ridiculous. Yes, sometimes maybe for effect but when you go about nearly the entire show doing that - isn't that a bit much?

...who mimed an entire show? :scratch:

Back