"Michael Jackson, Hello World : The Complete Motown Solo Albums"

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, is there anyone living in the US who could be so kind to order the box set for me and then forward it to my address? Obviously I would refund every expense. Please contact me via PM.

Last edited:
Will they not ship overseas? I live in Ireland and I ordered a Jackson 5 cd from HIpo before and I got it.

I did too but I'm afraid they changed their policy. If you are returning customer who purchased from Hip-O Select before October 1, 2008, you will need to re-register. I emailed them and they answered that they can't ship outside the US because of licensing reasons.

glad to see the early Motown stuff being released. some folks think his solo career began with Off the Wall. this is important to take it all he way back.

^ me too. I'm also glad the new generation will have a chance to experience the Jackson 5 - all generations should

HMV.co.uk & Amzon.co.uk both sell them now!

I'm not sure if they're USA Imports or new European pressings, I forgot to say they were available sorry.

According to HMV it was released last Tuesday, and mine was dispatched today! So am very happy to have it=) I hope it comes soon.

Lv x

Do any of you guys have this?
Michael Jackson - The Stripped Mixes
http://classic.motown.com/product.aspx?ob=disc&src=art&pid=13510
94ed0fa8421c43fda8b0258.jpg
mjsm.jpg

Last edited:
New picture, I found it on the new mjjvault:

The cover of hello world:
116475017de194f24d38d26.jpg

I love it! Kinda looks like a book...
I hope there'll be lots of wonderful pictures in it too!:punk:
This is one of them. :wild:
59354473.jpg

I want the solo albums Michael did for Motown in its original form with the original album cover. If they release it in its original form, I will buy it.

I've been able to find 'Ben' and 'Music and Me' in its original form, picture and all.
But just can't find 'Got To Be There'. Got the LP for that though, but no record player to play it with. :lol:

I got really lucky last year and got Ben, Music & Me and Forever Micheal in their original Motown CD albums 'from 1993/4' with the slipcase housing all three, like brand new.

Then they were selling Got to be there for £2.99 on play.com so I had them all.

This is great as it has the two other albums they made that were only on Vinyl, in their original forms and not remixed like on Farewell...

Yeah I don't know what to make of that Motown 50 Mixes album! One one hand it screams Cash in, Universal have just tinkered with some original tracks and thrown this out to make us fans think this is like some kind of 'Beatles - let it be: Naked' type album.

I don't believe it is, I think they just played with the tapes, as if they had these then why not for all... surely most if not all recordings exist or can exist with emphasised vocals.

They have just played with the settings or whatever, such a rip of and in such bad taste.

I class this with the endless budget Motown Jackson5/MJ albums such as The ultimate and the Silver sollection and those 'Classic' albums from last year.

Lv x

About the Stripped Mixes album, you can listen to a few samples here, using the 'Mix Michael Jackson!' media: http://classic.motown.com/artist.aspx?aid=24
I'm listening to the stripped version of 'Got To Be There' which is a big difference since in the 'proper' version, there are like 3 Michaels singing at once. So this is interesting. :)
What do the rest of you think?

Thanks for the link, the little mix it feature is cute...

It sounds like you can do it for free with the 'OOPs effect' though.

I still think it's a major rip off, They just fiddled with levels and made a product to sell

...I will not be buying this shit.

Back