Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

What do people think of the Threatened section on Immortal? :punk:

Such a great song.

Epic!

I love the whole "horror" cycle of Michael! Threatened, Is it Scary, Ghosts etc. - not just because I like horror but because they are horror just on the surface. They are so much more profound in their meaning. Those songs are simply genius!

What do people think of the Threatened section on Immortal? :punk:

Such a great song.

Epic!

I love it. Threatened is one of my favourite songs. I'm glad that they included it in the show and on the album. I was very happy that MJ planned to use it in This Is It Tour. Threatened is one of the most underrated MJ songs. I wish he released it as a single back in 2002 and made a short film.

I love the mix but I don't understand why they didn't use Ghosts (not even a short snippet like Somebody's Watching Me). Also 50 Cent's rap is totally unnecessary (just my opinion).

Does anyone know where the spoken words are from in IIS/Threatened? By some creepy woman? "I've seen the book of tales" etc etc.

Never heard it?

Fantastic album for the fans, but this won't chart anywhere near the top I don't think :)

It's just not that kind of album, no promotion whatsoever in comparison to rivals, maybe when it comes to the UK we might see it chart again in the long term, not sure how it's doing in the USA :)

I love, love, love this CD. I got the deluxe edition. Michael's vocals are on top of the music, they are crisp and beautiful. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the music is put to the back and Michael's vocals just soar. The striped down I'll Be There is so beautiful. Just the child's vocals and the piano---it could only be better if he were here singing it for us.

I agree. :agree:

I was a bit annoyed that in one interview Kevin Antunes said there was a never-used choir in They Don't Care ABout Us that he put on this album. But that choir was on one of the remixes to TDCAU.

I was a bit annoyed that in one interview Kevin Antunes said there was a never-used choir in They Don't Care ABout Us that he put on this album. But that choir was on one of the remixes to TDCAU.
The Estate should've known this and notified them. The album was being promoted saying "unheard choir".

But of course, they are all clueless.

Fantastic album for the fans, but this won't chart anywhere near the top I don't think :)

It's just not that kind of album, no promotion whatsoever in comparison to rivals, maybe when it comes to the UK we might see it chart again in the long term, not sure how it's doing in the USA :)

It's already out in the UK, came out on Monday.

They mean the show. just ordered the deluxe.cant listen but ive got for when i can.are these typical remixes like when u bought singles or are they totally diff

It's already out in the UK, came out on Monday.
It came out in the USA on Monday also. The music and home movie releases in the USA usually come on a Tuesday, but the week of Thanksgiving, they come out on Monday.

They mean the show. just ordered the deluxe.cant listen but ive got for when i can.are these typical remixes like when u bought singles or are they totally diff
I was pleasantly surprised by how different, but still Michael, these tracks are.
I was totally not gonna bother buying it til I listened to the entire CD at Michael Jackson.com. :)
I'm getting mine this coming Monday.

I listened and I love it! It brings me back to when I saw the show. My favorite is Human Nature because in the show it was so beautiful. They don't care about us with the choir part gave me chills. I'll be there and childhood are so good. It's just all Michael. I love the songs that went with each other. I don't how to explain this but it doesn't feel like a remix album or anything like that. It feels like music from a show. I don't have any cd like this. I love it.

Last edited:
I for one am glad Michael left off that choir on TDCAU. I like it on Immortal but IMO takes away from the ad libs and power of Michael's voice toward the conclusion of the track. Good decision Mike.

I bought mine but I am waiting till after I see the show on the 3rd to listen to it. From you guys it seems the music is sensational, but I want to experience the newness on the 3rd, so I am going to wait. I hope they do some promotion for this on the tv or papers.

Hi all :)

When i first heard it i was like is that it ? just cramming in crazy beats & scratches, it took a lot away from MJ's flow in a song. I kept just getting into a song and all of a sudden i hear all this junk cutting in and out playing with my head, when all i wanna hear is his voice :( But saying all that every time i listen to it now i am enjoying it a tad more and a tad more every time. Its good but not MJ good, I hope that made sense.

I did love the MJ speech intros they were amazing :) and feel that the older songs on the first disc had a better flow to them.

I can imagine this sounding awesome when watching the real Immortal Tour, just a bit strange trying to picture it in your head with out the visual.

Kind Regards,

Romen

There's a vocal in TDCAU us where MJ sings "they don't really care about us" which I don't think was on MJ's original song. It comes in the later half of the song and is used twice. I love hearing new parts of songs that we never heard on the original songs!

There's a vocal in TDCAU us where MJ sings "they don't really care about us" which I don't think was on MJ's original song. It comes in the later half of the song and is used twice. I love hearing new parts of songs that we never heard on the original songs!
They are is likely copy pasted from one of the many "they don't really care about us" vocals in the original because the three used in the IMMORTAL version are all the same.

Has has this been un-stickied? The album hasn't even been out a week.

Beat it/State of Shock is awesome! the part where they use the screaming from the end of the bad video is so addicting. They could have made that a minute or two longer. even made an entire remix out of that I thought!

Back