Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

I meant to ask the other memebers this. The first few times I stuck my immortal cds in my truck's cd player it kept spitting them out, saying check cd. they were not scratched or dity. I looked. shortly later the next day my cd player failed to eject the cd. Now it's stuck in there and I can't get it out. I think that the surface on the top side of the cd might have made it difficult for the cd player to grab the cd and move it into it's correct position for playing as well as grab onto it to eject it. Has anybody else had simmilar problems?

He says "they are deep in the fire" differently. First they play the clip we had never heard and a few seconds later they play the vocal clip that's in the original song.

After anti.MICHAEL campaign, this Immortal album is going to be a total flop, really sad and ridiculous.

Why is that? - All fans are actually supporting this - THAT makes a HUGE difference!

I think this album will do ok for what it is, a soundtrack album. - This was never released to be a #1 album, it is released to support the Cirque show.

For a soundtrack album I think it will do fine. And as many has said before it will maybe not sell 200.000 copies in it's first week, but thanks to the Cirque show it will sell fine for a long time to come.

After anti.MICHAEL campaign, this Immortal album is going to be a total flop, really sad and ridiculous.
Oh, give me a break with this. You say this as if cirque du soleil albums are known big sellers. The Immortal album will sell more this week, than the Viva Elvis album has in a year.

I was a bit annoyed that in one interview Kevin Antunes said there was a never-used choir in They Don't Care ABout Us that he put on this album. But that choir was on one of the remixes to TDCAU.
Yeah I was all pumped waiting to hear this new choir and it ended up being the same choir I had already heard years ago.

I meant to ask the other memebers this. The first few times I stuck my immortal cds in my truck's cd player it kept spitting them out, saying check cd. they were not scratched or dity. I looked. shortly later the next day my cd player failed to eject the cd. Now it's stuck in there and I can't get it out. I think that the surface on the top side of the cd might have made it difficult for the cd player to grab the cd and move it into it's correct position for playing as well as grab onto it to eject it. Has anybody else had simmilar problems?
My cd has been working fine

I can't wait to get the deluxe edition when it becomes available at a local music store afer December 5th.

I like the t shirt

[h=1]Michael Jackson Immortal (Super Deluxe Edition) CD, Book, T-shirt Unboxing[/h]

I listened "The Mime Segment: (I Like) The Way You Love Me/Speed Demon/Another Part of Me (Immortal Version)" over and over again and I can't hear anything from Speed Demon. That song should be called "The Mime Segment: Hollywood Tonight/Stranger In Moscow/Another Part of Me (Immortal Version)" instead, in my opinion.

I listened "The Mime Segment: (I Like) The Way You Love Me/Speed Demon/Another Part of Me (Immortal Version)" over and over again and I can't hear anything from Speed Demon. That song should be called "The Mime Segment: Hollywood Tonight/Stranger In Moscow/Another Part of Me (Immortal Version)" instead, in my opinion.
It's quite easy to hear. It's right after the first beat of HT with some weird sound effect thing over it. You can also hear it a bit later right before APOM.

Listen again closely.

After Hollywood Tonight

I would like it to do better than 50,000 copies to be honest. I know that #1 is a long shot but I think it can do better. I want it to do well in the long run.

As I expected, this album is no where to be seen in the UK top 40. Rihanna's Talk That Talk is #1 (her album Loud from last November is #27).

Not really surprising if they're the most successful territories as the show has been touring there and I imagine there has been some promotion. In the UK there has been nothing. Many shops don't even stock it. Sales will be even worse next week because the #65 position was gained using the pre-orders by the fan base. With no retail presence or advertising nobody else will be buying it here.

How do you mean? Why do you think it'll be a flop?

Why is that? - All fans are actually supporting this - THAT makes a HUGE difference!

I think this album will do ok for what it is, a soundtrack album. - This was never released to be a #1 album, it is released to support the Cirque show.

For a soundtrack album I think it will do fine. And as many has said before it will maybe not sell 200.000 copies in it's first week, but thanks to the Cirque show it will sell fine for a long time to come.

Oh, give me a break with this. You say this as if cirque du soleil albums are known big sellers. The Immortal album will sell more this week, than the Viva Elvis album has in a year.

So guys..., is it OK if IMMORTAL today entered the Official UK Album Chart at an abysmal No.65???
http://www.theofficialcharts.com/albums-chart/

Not worried too much about chart positions, this album will be about longevity. The more the show tours various places the more the interest I believe.

Worldwide the sales will pick up when the show goes outside the US. So far, other than the hardcore fans, most people likely don't even know about it. Not to mention the album to the public is just a remix album and I don't see most regular music fans to be all that interested. I expect mostly people who saw the show to be interested in getting the soundtrack.

Imagine if Thriller/Bad/Dangerous weren't chart-toppers, would it make them any less enjoyable for you? Personally, of course I would love to see this album do well in the charts, but if it doesn't I won't worry about it. I have a new album to enjoy!

Immortal

#65 UK Albums Chart
#33 Belgium Albums Chart (Flanders)
#47 Belgium Albums Chart (Wallonia)
#17 Dutch Albums Chart

Immortal Megamix

#41 Australia (ARIA Singles Chart)
#35 Japan (Japan Hot 100)

Some people seriously need to stop obsessing about charts.

I'm not talking about those who post chart positions etc. I just don't see the reason to be angry and sad at why it's just #65 in the UK, why it isn't in the Top 10 in the US etc. Enjoy the music!

[h=2]Michael Jackson New “Immortal” Album Sells Around 40,000 Copies[/h]

After all the hoopla about Michael Jackson’s Cirque du Soleil show, you;d think the CD soundtrack would have sold better in its first week. But “Immortal,” an album of remixes taken from the Cirque show, sold just around 40,000 copies last week according to estimates.

It finished at number 18 for the week (final numbers will be in later today), far below the new number 1 album from Nickelback (120,000) and chart stalwart Adele, who has two CDs in the top 50. For Jackson, selling 21,000 copies is a sad echo of his halcyon days in the 80s with “Thriller,” “Bad,” and “Dangerous.”

But the botching of last winter’s “Michael” album–which had no marketing and a whisper campaign that killed it–didn’t help. “Immortal” had almost no pre-release publicity.

It just sort of appeared. much the way “Michael” did. By contrast, the Beatles’ “LOVE” CD–which came from their Cirque du Soleil show–arrived with a greatly thought out plan and lots of explanation for how it was put together.

Interestingly, what’s happened is that “Immortal” is Jackson music “reimagined” by producer Kevin Antunes. Neither Jackson’s long time engineer, Bruce Swedien, nor his famed producer, Quincy Jones, had anything to do with the recording.

In the case of the Beatles, it was all George Martin, their highly respected producer, and his son Giles, who reworked the recordings. The result: a gigantic yawn from Michael Jackson fans, who certainly number more than 40,000.

Back