Michael Jackson's Father Breaks Silence in Tell-All Documentary

bluesky

Proud Member
Exclusive Documentary Slated for Release in 2012

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- GPA Entertainment announced today the pending release of an exclusive documentary featuring 84-year old Joe Jackson, father of pop icon Michael Jackson and self-proclaimed architect of the Jackson family musical empire. Confessions of a Father is compiled from hours of interviews conducted over a two-year period.

The feature-length film will offer a fascinating and chilling look at one of the most controversial fathers in show business history. Told from Joe Jackson's unique perspective, the film will cover the Jackson family history from the formation of the Jackson 5 through Michael's tragic death and the subsequent trial and sentencing of his physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. The film's release is planned for 2012, as is the publication of "The Architect," Joe Jackson's autobiography from Atria Books, a division of Simon and Schuster.
Confessions of a Father is produced by Johnny West and award-winning producer George Paige, whose credits include "Michael Jackson...the Legend Continues," and scores of other TV programs and feature films. "For the first time, Joe Jackson lifts the veil and airs the dirty laundry, like it or not," says Paige. "If you think you know the Jackson history, think again."Filmed partially on location at the Jackson family Havenhurst estate, the documentary will give viewers a never-before-seen look at Michael Jackson's personal theatre and the special room where the Jackson family and Michael's children were home schooled. "We filmed in Gary, Indiana too," says West, who also directed. "Seeing the Jackson house and hearing the voices of people who knew them before, during and after their rise to stardom sheds new light on this intriguing family."Of special interest will be the newly uncovered audio recording of the Jackson 5 in their first ever studio session. "Big Boy" was recorded at Steel-town Records by Gordon Keith, who appears on camera to talk about guiding the dynamic young performers in those early sessions.The documentary will have a theatrical release in 2012 before a nationwide home entertainment blu-ray and DVD release.The trailer will be available shortly at www.jacksondocumentary.com.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/02/4095436/michael-jacksons-father-breaks.html#ixzz1fPCw5wyC

Re: Michael Jackson's Father Breaks Silence in Tell-All Documentary "Confessions of a Father" Exclus

He is probably gonna lie as usual and make a lot of money out of it.

Re: Michael Jackson's Father Breaks Silence in Tell-All Documentary "Confessions of a Father" Exclus

To be honest, I don't think many folks are interested in anything Joe Jackson has to say, whether he's sitting there while someone else speaks for him or if he is speaking himself.

Aside from that: wasn't most of that stuff already covered in that "Jackson Family Movie," which came out years ago and is still played on VH1 every now and then?

There "might" also be a problem because Joe will not be able to use ANY of the music from the Motown days and certainly not during Michael's solo career.

Poor Joe, this blu-ray/DVD will be sitting right next to those UNSOLD bottles of perfume in a minute. LOL!

On a side note: if this documentary is indeed made up of interviews from the last 2 years, it's gonna be a HOT MESS, because Joe Jackson is just not a good speaker, be it age or "something" else. These days when he speaks, he makes NO SENSE, in my opinion.

Here we go... I almost want to laugh for some reason..

Full warning when people read this weeks or months later.. Sorry for some of the comments by people in advanced.. lol

But then again it's joseph, most fans are one sided towards this subject.. so maybe we will be on the same side.. but i cannot be suprised

I almost want to laugh for some reason..

You "probably" feel like laughing because you're actually remembering the last time you heard Joe Jackson TRYING to explain himself. LOL!

Sometime "Less Is More." That, in my opinion, should be Joe Jackson's mantra.

I was wondering how come Joe had not released his own tell all crap yet. He almost disappointed me. But it's as promising as I expected from him : lurid, vain, tacky, disrespectful, emotionless, greedy, and sometimes even imaginary. *claps*

You "probably" feel like laughing because you're actually remembering the last time you heard Joe Jackson TRYING to explain himself. LOL!

Sometime "Less Is More." That, in my opinion, should be Joe Jackson's mantra.
Jermaine, too! That's where he get is inarticulate self from. From Joe!

In October 2010, I received an email from anna@johnnywestinc.com regarding a photo I had on my MJ site of Samuel Jackson, Joe's father. They said they wanted to use it in a documentary about Joe's life. I told them I didn't own it and they never replied to me. I assumed these plans for a documentary were dead.

Well, according to http://www.jacksondocumentary.com/Jackson_Documentary/Home.html this film is being produced by somebody named Anna and directed by someone called Johnny West.

This is the photo they wanted to use:

2365028709_1.jpg

Oh dear.

This is gonna get ugly.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually interested in seeing this...

I'm curious on what he has to say and see if he puts Mike in a bad light.

Oh dear.

This is gonna get ugly.

I don't think it will get ugly, in my opinion, it will just be MORE embarrassing for the family. Especially when you think about the way Joe Jackson speaks. OR maybe they will have the "Majic Guy" in the documentary to explain what Joe is TRYING to say.

I do admit, it will be mad funny, if Joe Jackson goes on a rant as to Michael's estate and how HE, Joe Jackson, should be in charge.

Here we go... I almost want to laugh for some reason..

Full warning when people read this weeks or months later.. Sorry for some of the comments by people in advanced.. lol

But then again it's joseph, most fans are one sided towards this subject.. so maybe we will be on the same side.. but i cannot be suprised

This. You made me laugh. By some Pepto Bismol just in case.

Last edited:

Oh dear.

This is gonna get ugly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm actually surprised that Joe has been less attention hungry until now. I'm pretty sure he won't say anything damaging. I believe Joe is harmless now and has cooled down.
I want to hear what he has to say. He lived his dreams through his kids, terrible yes, but to go from steel worker to managing one of the greatest Motown bands out of which we got a Michael Jackson, well is pretty genius even if he can't explain himself well.
I don't find it funny that people ridicule others that cannot articulate what they want to say, its unfortunate and there may be legitimate reasons for that.
I've seen many old timers like Joe express themselves in a similar fashion, depends on the upbringing. But then again if I was Joe, I'd say EFFF the haters, my son's Michael Jackson.

Just please Joe, don't damage Michael's legacy. I'm seriously doubting he has any dirty laundry to air, I'll take it as hype for now. We'll see.

Last edited:

Oh no!

I don't think it will get ugly, in my opinion, it will just be MORE embarrassing for the family. Especially when you think about the way Joe Jackson speaks. OR maybe they will have the "Majic Guy" in the documentary to explain what Joe is TRYING to say.

I do admit, it will be mad funny, if Joe Jackson goes on a rant as to Michael's estate and how HE, Joe Jackson, should be in charge.
haha true

I don't find it funny that people ridicule others that cannot articulate what they want to say, its unfortunate and there may be legitimate reasons for that.

His OWN DAUGHTER, Janet, said that sometimes he says things that make her cringe. I would definitely have to agree with her.

well we have to wait and see. Before i judge i want to see it first :) But thats me.. Maybe some nice shots where filmed we dont know yet, maybe its all rubbish but because i dont know im not gonna judge it first..

i want to hear what he has to say. but may God help us.....

Michael Jackson's father breaks his silence? On what exactly? Is he going to admit that he was an abusive piece of trash, beating the life of his cash cow to escape poverty and the ghetto? Unless he is ready to admit this very fact, Michael Jackson's ''father'' better shut the hell up and sit his senile ass down somewhere.

I am not interested in what he has to say. Good lord he badgered Michael right till the end to do reunion conerts with his brothers. His mind is like stuck in 1971. He does make me cringe sorry. After Michael died like 2 days later he was on the red carpet saying he was great and promoting something. Your son just died 2-3 days before and you are great? When Michael was on trial he was harassing him to do concerts when that was the last thing on Michael's mind. I do like to believe somewhere inside of him he did love Michael but his actions make you shake your head a lot.

I guess this is why he didnt give a victim impact statement. he saving it for this cash in.they never stop do they. been filming a doc for the last two years. sounds familiar doesnt it

^Elusive, I agree. He couldn't bother to submit an impact statement, and yet he's been filming himself behind the scenes for a documentary. The family really has their priorities straight don't they? This must be the film, of the script he was promoting at Cannes earlier this year.

I can't tolerate 5 minutes of Joe talking, let alone hours. He clearly is senile, rambles and doesn't make much sense. If he is planning to confess, I hope for once he acknowledges and confesses to the pain he caused Michael as a child. He has been denying this through his teeth forever, with Katherine backing him him.

^Elusive, I agree. He couldn't bother to submit an impact statement, and yet he's been filming himself behind the scenes for a documentary. The family really has their priorities straight don't they? This must be the film, of the script he was promoting at Cannes earlier this year.

I can't tolerate 5 minutes of Joe talking, let alone hours. He clearly is senile, rambles and doesn't make much sense. If he is planning to confess, I hope for once he acknowledges and confesses to the pain he caused Michael as a child. He has been denying this through his teeth forever, with Katherine backing him him.

I think we should not create this hope, why this will not happen. This documentary crap is just to make extra money and being in the spotlight, nothing more. *big sigh*

His going to explain why nothing was his fault and why he's a victim of something.

I think he is gonna talk about HIMSELF and about how HE made the J5 WHO they were...and if he didn't "discipline" them...then they would of all ended up in jail. It is gonna be the SAME self serving BS that we have been hearing for the past 2 years...and how Michael was a superstar because HE,,(Joe)..made him that way, Because HE..(Joe)... KNEW how to make them famous,,because HE (Joe)..was in a band in his younger days. I can already hear is mouth...blahhh blahhh blahhh.....smdh

He never kept quiet so I don't know how is he going to break silence???
Anyway, it always hard for me to understand what Joe said.

Oh I forgot....he will tell us how everything was a conspiracy. Michael's death, his will, etc......

I was wondering how come Joe had not released his own tell all crap yet. He almost disappointed me. But it's as promising as I expected from him : lurid, vain, tacky, disrespectful, emotionless, greedy, and sometimes even imaginary. *claps*

Joe's own website has been talking about a book and a movie for a while. Apparently movie turned into a documentary. It's probably cheaper.

In October 2010, I received an email from anna@johnnywestinc.com regarding a photo I had on my MJ site of Samuel Jackson, Joe's father. They said they wanted to use it in a documentary about Joe's life. I told them I didn't own it and they never replied to me. I assumed these plans for a documentary were dead.

Well, according to http://www.jacksondocumentary.com/Jackson_Documentary/Home.html this film is being produced by somebody named Anna and directed by someone called Johnny West.

This is the photo they wanted to use:

2365028709_1.jpg

So Joe didn't have a copy of his father's photo? :)

This is gonna get ugly.

I don't think it will get ugly

I don't think it will be ugly or there would be badmouthing Michael. Probably it would be more like accusing other people. Yes the will will be fake, executors will be evil, managers, lawyers will be portrayed negatively and doctors would be accused of turning Michael into an addict.

Other than that I would expect a "me me me" approach. The book is called "The architect" so I'm pretty sure Joe will be portrayed as the reason for every success Michael had and probably every downside would be due to not having Joe in his life.

I'm actually surprised that Joe has been less attention hungry until now.

really? less compared to who?

Joe's own website has been talking about a book and a movie for a while. Apparently movie turned into a documentary. It's probably cheaper.

So Joe didn't have a copy of his father's photo? :)

I don't think it will be ugly or there would be badmouthing Michael. Probably it would be more like accusing other people. Yes the will will be fake, executors will be evil, managers, lawyers will be portrayed negatively and doctors would be accused of turning Michael into an addict.

Other than that I would expect a "me me me" approach. The book is called "The architect" so I'm pretty sure Joe will be portrayed as the reason for every success Michael had and probably every downside would be due to not having Joe in his life.

really? less compared to who?
Compared to some I thought would never embrace the limelight as much as they have after Michael's death. With Joe, one knows what to expect, he has forever been labeled and condemned. However some close friends I expected to guard Michael's privacy and legacy have honestly proved me wrong.

Last edited:

Compared to some I thought would never embrace the limelight as much as they have after Michael's death. With Joe, one knows what to expect, he has forever been labeled and condemned. However some close friends I expected to guard Michael's privacy have honestly proved me wrong.

you are referring to Frank Cascio I guess.

So let's see if I got this correct.

Frank writes one book

Joe writes a book, does a documentary, promotes a record label, ice cream, champagne, clothing line, does perfumes, belts, is behind a for profit family museum /casinp, happyland, neverland hotels and who knows what I forgot

but he's considered as "less attention hungry" because "he's Joe"?

Back