Michael Jackson's Mother to Attend Press Conference to Announce International Fan Convention

Yeah, it bothers me that this is at the same time as that. I was there last year and it was absolutely the most pure celebration there could have been. It was literally a whoooooole lot of people who loved him, standing together in a park, for hours, while his music played. And everyone was loving it. Simple and to the point. It was like being at a concert, (...closest I'll ever get :() everyone was so tuned in to his voice, to his performance on the record. People were smiling and crying. It was almost spiritual. I definitely felt love, love, love there. :)

Yes, it was like a Michael Jackson Woodstock! I want to go to that again this year but Oh Michael, why does your birthday have to fall on the hottest, stickiest month of the year, lol. This demonstrates my admiration for Michael because if you really know me you know I HATE summer, heat and humidity. And yet I defied all that and attended the Spike Lee thing which was in the middle of a Brooklyn park in August with no seating and stood there for hours. I did it for you MJ. It was magical.

I can't attend this Gary fanvention event though but I hope a lot of you here do and have a wonderful time. It does sound like fun. Darn, I would love to meet a Jackson or two or three...

Yes, it was like a Michael Jackson Woodstock! I want to go to that again this year but Oh Michael, why does your birthday have to fall on the hottest, stickiest month of the year, lol. This demonstrates my admiration for Michael because if you really know me you know I HATE summer, heat and humidity. And yet I defied all that and attended the Spike Lee thing which was in the middle of a Brooklyn park in August with no seating and stood there for hours. I did it for you MJ. It was magical.
LOL, you and me both! And I also thought of that while reading the above posts :lol: Like "oh God... but it's August..." Well, unless something changes I won't be able to fly to the US for either event anyway. Wish I could, though.

Regarding preserving the legacy and suspicion... I'd say both sides are right. We're right to be wary of the "cashing in" issue and the desire to preserve what MJ stands for, and yet it's true that many important things for keeping the legend alive for future generations will involve money exchange (hopefully mostly benefiting the estate).

And like the Spike Lee park party, not everything is about money... if you want to do something for free tomorrow (the 25th of the month), join the Major Love Prayer (see siggy)... not selling one single thing, just spreading LOVE :) Imagine if just 75% of MJ fans took part in that by like 2012. That would be HUGE. Then imagine if everyone who owns Thriller took part, lol! World peace ... all because of MJ? a-hee-hee Now that would be preserving a legacy, huh? ;)

Yeah, it bothers me that this is at the same time as that. I was there last year and it was absolutely the most pure celebration there could have been. It was literally a whoooooole lot of people who loved him, standing together in a park, for hours, while his music played. And everyone was loving it. Simple and to the point. It was like being at a concert, (...closest I'll ever get :() everyone was so tuned in to his voice, to his performance on the record. People were smiling and crying. It was almost spiritual. I definitely felt love, love, love there. :)

Are you going again this year? Spike already announced this year's birthday Bash is gonna be bigger than last year's. I am so looking forward to this.

Anyone knows who is the front man for Fluid Productions?

http://www.mjfanvention.com/

Notice, they are not calling it the Michael Jackson fanvention. They are using "King of Pop" and the second generations are gonna perform.

Omer Michael Bhatti aka O-BEE has a new YouTube video just for you..
He will appear at the Fanvention!
Get a photo or autograph at the Fanvention.

Click here to see the new video from the apprentice and protege of Michael Jackson.

WTF??? He changed his name to Michael ?

Last edited:
If anyone goes i hope u all have a great time.

Just a shame its overseas :(

I can't attend this Gary fanvention event though but I hope a lot of you here do and have a wonderful time. It does sound like fun. Darn, I would love to meet a Jackson or two or three...

I was there too and I enjoyed myself. There was so much love there. No BS. Pure music. Pure magic. The only thing I would go to is to anything that Spike Lee puts together for fans. He's genuine.

I'm suspicious of anything the Jackson's put out. Their history has said so much in the past 30 years...just me. Not interested. Am interested on what Spike does and the new mural for the Hoyt Subway station....

Those who do decide to go have fun.

WTF??? He changed his name to Michael ?

He changed it back in August 2009 to 'Michael'. I know...a little obsessive but seeing that the kid use to dress and wear masks like Michael when he was with him, not surprised. Then there are those who still believe Omer is Michael's son and with him and his real family not denying it, makes a snowball effect on people being interested in him.

Last edited:
I'm going to go. Even though some may view it as making more money off of him, if stuff like this can continue to help in keeping his memory alive and passing it down to generations afterwards then I'm all right with it.

Once I get more information, I will consider if I would go. It sounds like something that I would be interested in, and I hope many people go. We could make up a group and plan to meet. The only problem is that I wanted to see Michael's exhibition at the Grammy Museum in LA. I have to consider which one will be better.

I wish I could make it to this one in Indiana (just to hang with the fans) but I will DEFINITELY be in Brooklyn for Spike's joint!

No matter what we say, do, or feel, there's always a way to cash on our feelings through Michael. Over the years, how much memorabilia have you got? That was also cashing on our feelings about MJ, IMO.

It's always the same. We hate it because they make money, but if they don't make money, they don't do it. Then we also hate it for they don't have more stuff about MJ (about Captain EO I saw people soooo frustrated because Disney memorabilia for the film was so bad and they didn't have the original T-shirt, for instance).

We hate if no family member is involved (for they are too busy making money and they forgot about his brother/son :angry:). And then we hated when the family is involved (for they are too much involved and getting money out of it :angry:).

We hate it when a tribute is done (too late for those!! how can they?? :angry:) and we hate it when no tributes are done (after all MJ did for them!! how can they?? :angry:)

It's a no win situation :no:
And we (and our pockets and feelings) are caught in the middle :(

at some time, there will be issues. they need the estate's approval if they want to use MJ's image, etc...

No matter what we say, do, or feel, there's always a way to cash on our feelings through Michael. Over the years, how much memorabilia have you got? That was also cashing on our feelings about MJ, IMO.

It's always the same. We hate it because they make money, but if they don't make money, they don't do it. Then we also hate it for they don't have more stuff about MJ (about Captain EO I saw people soooo frustrated because Disney memorabilia for the film was so bad and they didn't have the original T-shirt, for instance).

We hate if no family member is involved (for they are too busy making money and they forgot about his brother/son :angry:). And then we hated when the family is involved (for they are too much involved and getting money out of it :angry:).

We hate it when a tribute is done (too late for those!! how can they?? :angry:) and we hate it when no tributes are done (after all MJ did for them!! how can they?? :angry:)

Very good points. And so true.

But I am really curious, who is behind this? I want to know more about Fluid Productions, because they came up with the whole thing ...Katherine's name was just recently attached to it. Where is Joe in all this?

I pray this does not turn into another fiasco, because I don't want MJ's name getting dragged in the mud.

at some time, there will be issues. they need the estate's approval if they want to use MJ's image, etc...

They don't use MJ's name. Only King of Pop.

The estate is not involved that's for sure. I am guessing Katherine is getting a cut of the profits, because she is endorsing the project. So MJ's kids & charities are left out.

Last edited:
Very good points. And so true.

But I am really curious, who is behind this? I want to know more about Fluid Productions, because they came up with the whole thing ...Katherine's name was just recently attached to it. Where is Joe in all this?

I pray this does not turn into another fiasco, because I don't want MJ's name getting dragged in the mud.

They don't use MJ's name. Only King of Pop.

The estate is not involved that's for sure. I am guessing Katherine is getting a cut of the profit, because she is endorsing the project. So MJ's kids & charities are left out.

lol...who else is the King of Pop?

that's like cbs not being allowed to say 'superbowl', so they say THE BIG GAME...and they know it.

loopholes

i wonder..if these people didn't know that MJ has so many fans, would they really care about him?

lol...who else is the King of Pop?

that's like cbs not being allowed to say 'superbowl', so they say THE BIG GAME...and they know it.

loopholes

i wonder...if these people didn't know that MJ has so many fans, would they really care about him?

What I meant is they are not using a trademark or his name. Michael never bothered to register King of Pop...Never understood why. But I remember a CNN report stating a man from New Jersey registered the name.

Most probably, the estate will step in if Fluid Productions (or whoever else is behind this) step out of line. I am sure the media will hammer them on the fact that it is not sanctioned by the estate this on March 9th.

What I meant is they are not using a trademark or his name. Michael never bothered to register King of Pop...Never understood why. But I remember a CNN report stating a man from New Jersey registered the name.

Most probably, the estate will step in if Fluid Productions (or whoever else is behind this) step out of line. I am sure the media will hammer them on the fact that it is not sanctioned by the estate this on March 9th.

i believe in my heart(though, of course, it's my opinion, based on his personality) that he didn't register King of Pop, because of his humility..and people are taking advantage of that, in this convention.

So true.

in the website, there is a page about merchandise. we'll see they use his image

So true :lol: people are never satisfied

The last time kate was involved and went public was to promote another tribute...Jermain's concert in Austria,I remember in a quite desperate attempt to keep it in the news he said "MJ's kids will be there,yes paris prince and blanket"....right....
I'm not judgmental on M mother,but i don't want "them" to force her to promote another Autrian-like tribute...
I'd rather see a Spike Lee tribute,a free event,fantastic video,good music,pp dancing,no agendas from cousins or relatives or relatives's lawyers(mj convention in milan&oxman wtf),no websites with merchandising selling shit you don't know where the money is going to (see heal the world foundation)

Manipulative emotionalism....that I hate...genuine manifestation of love,that i love.
As far as the estate goes,whether I like or not what they organize or decide,it's not a problem because at least it's official and it serves to expand MJ's empire and legacy,not making cousin jackson from gary a "star" for 3 minutes,or Omer a dancer for 5.

Well, I hope it will not turn into another disaster. I hope it will be a good event which will celebrate Michael's legacy in a graceful manner. As for me, I am not interested in seeing other Jacksons, so even if I could go, I wouldn't.

I really don't know why fans INSIST on sh*ting on just about EVERYTHING that has to do with KEEPING MJ's LEGACY alive, because that is what this event is going to do if it becomes an annual thing. If I lived in Gary or near there I would DEFFINITLY go. Michael is not here anymore, EVERYTHING that is done in his name WILL in someway generate money...oh well that's just the way it is, so "cashing in" is inevitable. Unless you want him to fade into obscurity, stop complaining so much.

This sounds cool

I kinda agree. I think there comes a time when you just have to accept that decisions will be made for the good of the estate and we will never know if those decisions would be what Michael wanted.The family are now forever in a no win situation, damned if they do, damned if they dont. I hope it goes to plan and gives fans that attend a memorable experience. There still needs to be some good times and celebrations in amongst all the confusion and unjustice that we feel over losing him.

The last time kate was involved and went public was to promote another tribute...Jermain's concert in Austria,I remember in a quite desperate attempt to keep it in the news he said "MJ's kids will be there,yes paris prince and blanket"....right....
I'm not judgmental on M mother,but i don't want "them" to force her to promote another Autrian-like tribute...
I'd rather see a Spike Lee tribute,a free event,fantastic video,good music,pp dancing,no agendas from cousins or relatives or relatives's lawyers(mj convention in milan&oxman wtf),no websites with merchandising selling shit you don't know where the money is going to (see heal the world foundation)

Manipulative emotionalism....that I hate...genuine manifestation of love,that i love.
As far as the estate goes,whether I like or not what they organize or decide,it's not a problem because at least it's official and it serves to expand MJ's empire and legacy,not making cousin jackson from gary a "star" for 3 minutes,or Omer a dancer for 5.

I wrote something very similar yesterday. Something like Spike Lee is doing in Brooklyn would have been a great start. It is a free event with thousands of people, just celebrating the music.

in the website, there is a page about merchandise. we'll see they use his image

Might be the case, because somewhere on the webpage they request that all vendors have legit merchandise.

I just feel uncomfortable about people undercutting the kids & the charities.
Because the estate is not involved, Katherine will be getting her cut, but not the children & the charities. It's like pulling the rug from under the other two beneficiaries.

I feel uneasy about that.

Back