Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

Screen shots is a great idea, also if anyone can tell me if the videos for Who Is It?, Remember the time or You Rock My World are Anamorphic widescreen or not would great.
If these videos are now anamorphic is will give some insight on how much "remastering" went into these videos.

From the looks of it, it seems that One More Chance will be anamorphic. But that makes sense as the footage was probably recently edited on a newer system.

they are widescreen

Yes, but are they Anamorphic? Do they fill the screen on a widescreen tv? or are they bordered by black bars on the top and sides.

Yeah, most of the videos are 4:3 - sadly. But YRMW, Cry, One More Chance, Jam, Remember The Time & Will You Be There are fullscreen...
But I've excepted a litte bit more. On the box, there is written "formatted for widescreen televisions" but 4:3 ratio is NOT suitable for widescreen televisions...

4:3 is more than suitable if that was the original aspect ratio of the video. Missed this post earlier, nice to see the widescreen videos are anamorphic. Are you saying you want the original frame of the videos to be altered to fill your screen by cropping the top and bottom of the frame? That's silly, the videos were meant to be seen on a 4:3 Tv, so they are shown in a 4:3 frame. Formatted for Widescreen tvs doesn't mean every video will fill the screen, it means that the videos are formatted to be shown in their original aspect ratio on a widescreen tv.

The videos haven't great quality but it's good the colors really look better. Here are some screenshots:

DSTYGE

SOOML

BJ

Beat It

I will try to take some more but it's not easy because when there is some motion the images become very shaky.

I received mine today and what is also a nice feature is the front, all the pictures are holograms, really cool.

Shame they haven't done that much with the remastering, still though it looks like this is the best quality we have out there.

All the videos look good on my laptop except the widescreen ones. Whyyyyyy? I have a widescreen laptop! :scratch:

Yeah, most of the videos are 4:3 - sadly. But YRMW, Cry, One More Chance, Jam, Remember The Time & Will You Be There are fullscreen...
But I've excepted a litte bit more. On the box, there is written "formatted for widescreen televisions" but 4:3 ratio is NOT suitable for widescreen televisions...

Same here. If I'm not mistaken, I did not have this problem with the 'Dangerous Short Films' and 'History I & II' DVDs. The booklet however is gorgeous and so is the box, but the formatting issue is a bit of a letdown.

mjbusterdion2009;3087847 said:
Its released in Ireland today, Sony always release things in Ireland on the fri as our charts are done different!!!!!!

i hear its €17.99 in Xtra-Vision. I ordered mine online and they shipped it today :)

4:3 is more than suitable if that was the original aspect ratio of the video. Missed this post earlier, nice to see the widescreen videos are anamorphic. Are you saying you want the original frame of the videos to be altered to fill your screen by cropping the top and bottom of the frame? That's silly, the videos were meant to be seen on a 4:3 Tv, so they are shown in a 4:3 frame. Formatted for Widescreen tvs doesn't mean every video will fill the screen, it means that the videos are formatted to be shown in their original aspect ratio on a widescreen tv.
I didn't understand the technical aspect. Thanks for clarifying :)

The sound is great on these DVD's and the colour is very nice too. And I love the menu.

Number ones and Visionary had much better picture quality, then the History and Dangerous dvds, which were crapy vhs convertions.
For Number ones and visionary, were used the same transfers. the differences were minor, just in the compression. Else 99% the same quality. since they are two different releases, thats totaly normal.
for thriller 25th, the videos have been cleaned from dirt and the colors were changed a little.
I don't have the Vision yet, but I can definitely say its an upgrade compared to the History and the Dangerous dvds, considering that Number ones already was.

DSC00671.JPG

Back