Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

Re: Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (maybe MJ related)

How annoying from MP to post something and then go all quiet:scratch:

Maybe this is he secret project, his tweet from last Nov
Michael Prince ?@MichaelPrinceMD
Workin' on that next #1 !! http://instagr.am/p/So6qsrDwHR/

So I guess now we know where the acapella of "Slave to the Rhythm' comes from...

I mean the music is obviously Fanmade. It's horrible. From the headphone bleed in the beginning of the track you can hear the original arrangement, now THAT sounds awesome.

I absolutely love this Tricky Stewart mix of "Slave". It sounds fresh and more current. Now the will.i.am song you mentioned earlier, his collabo with Britney - now that is a horrible auto tuned noisy mess with no melody or anything. :mello: I sure hope MJ's stuff with will.i.am sounds nothing like that.

I just hope for new MJ songs soon!

I absolutely love this Tricky Stewart mix of "Slave". It sounds fresh and more current. Now the will.i.am song you mentioned earlier, his collabo with Britney - now that is a horrible auto tuned noisy mess with no melody or anything. :mello: I sure hope MJ's stuff with will.i.am sounds nothing like that.

Ok. I do not agree with you, but it's a matter of personal taste.

The Britney song is number 1 in Hollabd at the moment...

The Britney song is number 1 in Hollabd at the moment...

I hope that, if will.i.am is called for reworking some songs, he won't auto-tune the voice! We don't need it.

I hope that, if will.i.am is called for reworking some songs, he won't auto-tune the voice! We don't need it.

In my opinion Will.i.am is overrated. I think his work with BEP is good and it fits there style but... Not for MJ his Thriller 25 mixes where horrible

The Britney song is number 1 in Holland at the moment...
Of course it is, but doesn't stop it from being generic stuff he made to get a hit and that's definitely not MJ's way.

In my opinion Will.i.am is overrated. I think his work with BEP is good and it fits there style but... Not for MJ his Thriller 25 mixes where horrible

I like these remixes, they really sound good to me. By the way, I really love his 2007 album, when the old Will was here...

Everyone has their own taste, and that's a good thing.

I am exciting for the new album.

I hope SONY will give an official statement soon to tell about the all new MJ album!

1. A Place With No Name (Sounds like a classic from the snippet) 2. I was the loser (a slow ballad Michael worked on in 2008-2009, if complete) 3. Days in Gloucestishire (from the snippets, the melody and the groove is precise and when you mix that with the magical elegance of Michael's vocals. you have something that could match Lady in my life In term of harmonies for sure.) 4. Cheater 2001 (possibly? fans and general public will be instantly drawn into the beats being reminded of the 'BAD' era, re worked version of the 1987 classic featured on 'The Ultimate Collection' 2004.) 5. tales of the broken hearted (featuring Whitney Houston) 6. ??? 7. ??? 8. ??? 9. Blue Gangsta 10. ??? 11. ???

1. A Place With No Name (Sounds like a classic from the snippet) 2. I was the loser (a slow ballad Michael worked on in 2008-2009, if complete) 3. Days in Gloucestishire (from the snippets, the melody and the groove is precise and when you mix that with the magical elegance of Michael's vocals. you have something that could match Lady in my life In term of harmonies for sure.) 4. Cheater 2001 (possibly? fans and general public will be instantly drawn into the beats being reminded of the 'BAD' era, re worked version of the 1987 classic featured on 'The Ultimate Collection' 2004.) 5. tales of the broken hearted (featuring Whitney Houston) 6. Slave To The Rhytm 7. Do You Know Where Your Children Are 8. We've Had Enough 9. Blue Gangsta 10. ??? 11. Escape ???

My wishes are added with red!

I hope the album will have maybe 12 songs - and 9 or 10 of them should be all new. We've Had Enough and Cheater are not known outside fan circles - I would like those 2 songs to be released on the new album so more people would know them. - WHE could be a huge hit like Earth Song IMO!

Songs that has leaked can be on the CD - because only very few know them. - Blue Gangsta, Escape, STTR, DYKWYCA - they are AMAZING songs and they NEED to be released!!!

"Michael" had 10 songs - 1 that had been released before on TUC.

The new album should have 11 or 12 songs IMO.

+1 from me

What was the name of the song that somebody (sorry can't remember the name or where it was mentioned) said that it would've been a hit, and he wanted to put on BAD 25 album, but the estate was firm and said only songs from BAD era?
I think it was from Dangerous era?

Anyways, I want that one on the next album:D

My wishes are added with red!

I hope the album will have maybe 12 songs - and 9 or 10 of them should be all new. We've Had Enough and Cheater are not known outside fan circles - I would like those 2 songs to be released on the new album so more people would know them. - WHE could be a huge hit like Earth Song IMO!

Songs that has leaked can be on the CD - because only very few know them. - Blue Gangsta, Escape, STTR, DYKWYCA - they are AMAZING songs and they NEED to be released!!!

"Michael" had 10 songs - 1 that had been released before on TUC.

The new album should have 11 or 12 songs IMO.

I'd rather go for a few more songs from 08-09 some of these are good but earlier songs should be on Anniversary editions, 2002-2009 should be on new albums IMO, except A Place With No Name & Blue Gangsta! those have more potential than for example 'Shout' from 1999!

What was the name of the song that somebody (sorry can't remember the name or where it was mentioned) said that it would've been a hit, and he wanted to put on BAD 25 album, but the estate was firm and said only songs from BAD era?

Monkey Business? I'd rather that be on Dangerous25 in 2016, it's too old for a new album IMO!

Monkey Business? I'd rather that be on Dangerous25 in 2016, it's too old for a new album IMO!

Michael would not release leaked songs on a New album. There is a time and place for STTR, blue gangsta,xcape and such but not now. Let's have the tunes he was planning to release. I want to know what he was thinking around that time before his untimely death. Red one has tracks and so do others. In my opinion MJ would have not released hold my hand especially with Akon singing with him. I realize the estate want to save some of these song but... If they want another #1 song and album we need the "NEW"material. If not they will continue to get the same results they have been getting. New music and a High quality concert from dangerous,Bad or History no 30th anniversy concert though that would not go well of course only my opinion.

It was LA Reid and the song was Slave To The Rhythm.

Michael would not release leaked songs on a New album. There is a time and place for STTR, blue gangsta,xcape and such but not now. Let's have the tunes he was planning to release. I want to know what he was thinking around that time before his untimely death. Red one has tracks and so do others. In my opinion MJ would have not released hold my hand especially with Akon singing with him. I realize the estate want to save some of these song but... If they want another #1 song and album we need the "NEW"material. If not they will continue to get the same results they have been getting. New music and a High quality concert from dangerous,Bad or History no 30th anniversy concert though that would not go well of course only my opinion.

my thoughts exactly, why I said "Songs recorded from 2002-2009 should be on new albums IMO!" maybe a master tape Bad Tour Package in 2018, 2022 possible film and MasterTape Dangerous Tour package and 2027 HIStory Tour Master Tape and restored Package! Ghosts/Blood on the Dancefloor Limited edition Blu-Ray Package with the original programe an unreleased songs from 1996-1998!

There's hardly any new material. That's why we had the mess we had last time. The last album was meant to be what he was working on in the last few years but it wasn't because there just isn't the material that everyone, including the estate when they signed the deal with Sony, thought there was. Yes there are songs but they are very incomplete.

What the Estate should have done back when they were doing the posthumous album was release ONLY material recorded/worked on post Invincible. What people wanted to hear was what Michael had been doing or was planning prior to his death. It was a more interesting story and could have been better marketed. What we got was a wishy washy mess. Some old, some new, some not even Michael. They also shouldn't have released the This Is It single to such heraldry nor should they have released HMH when Michael was barely on it. They basically killed off interest in new Michael music - something that continues to hang over other Estate projects.

So which direction should they go now? I'm not sure. Maybe they should do the album they should have done and only include latter day material? What I definitely don't want is songs we already have. And keep Teddy Riley away from it.

It was LA Reid and the song was Slave To The Rhythm.

Thanks, I found the source where I read it
"It is not easy to please everyone. There was a fantastic LA Reid-produced track from the "Dangerous" sessions that we decided was best saved for an anniversary edition for "Dangerous," no matter how good it was. Reid thought it could be a hit on the radio RIGHT NOW and lobbied for it to be on BAD 25, but we wanted everything to be accurate. A radio hit wasn't the goal. A true historical accounting of the BAD sessions was."

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/127912-Feedback-Requested-Bad25-Sales-Why-low-sales/page6
post 79

How do you know it was STTR?

There's hardly any new material. That's why we had the mess we had last time. The last album was meant to be what he was working on in the last few years but it wasn't because there just isn't the material that everyone, including the estate when they signed the deal with Sony, thought there was. Yes there are songs but they are very incomplete.

You mean to tell us, that sony (a worldwide business & global player) granted the estae a contract worth up to 250 million $ (200 million guaranted) without checking on what the estate can bring to the table?

Then i would say the estate really made a helluva deal. Getting 250 million $ for some leaked and only very incomplete stuff. Big ups to estate once again.
First they fooled sony into a contract lifting them of 250 million $ for not much (in your regards).
Then they fooled half the fanbase with faked songs.
A treacherous pack it is which MJ installed as his successors...

Last edited:

You mean to tell us, that sony (a worldwide business & global player) granted the estae a contract worth up to 250 million $ (200 million guaranted) without checking on what the estate can bring to the table?

The reality, as I pointed out, is that there simply isn't that much material left and that is why we had the situation we had before. If there were other songs from the last years that were complete and not steeped in damning controversy then obviously they would have been used. That's just common sense. Yes there are songs, but they are in various stages of completion. Some don't even have any vocals some are just mumbled vocals etc. Michael Durham Prince and Brad Buxer have five useable songs between them for instance. That's songs that are either complete or nearly complete. Rocker is a good example. Let's not turn this into a Cascio debate, there is a whole thread for that.

Last edited:

Thanks, I found the source where I read it
"It is not easy to please everyone. There was a fantastic LA Reid-produced track from the "Dangerous" sessions that we decided was best saved for an anniversary edition for "Dangerous," no matter how good it was. Reid thought it could be a hit on the radio RIGHT NOW and lobbied for it to be on BAD 25, but we wanted everything to be accurate. A radio hit wasn't the goal. A true historical accounting of the BAD sessions was."

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/127912-Feedback-Requested-Bad25-Sales-Why-low-sales/page6
post 79

How do you know it was STTR?

Because that's the song that he worked on with Mj during Dangerous and they were considering it for the Michael album which is why they had it reproduced by Tricky Stewart plus it fits the description in that comment. It could be another one I guess but I'm fairly certain it's Slave.

The reality, as I pointed out, is that there simply isn't that much material left and that is why we had the situation we had before. If there were other songs from the last years that were complete and not steeped in damning controversy then obviously they would have been used. That's just common sense. Yes there are songs, but they are in various stages of completion. Some don't even have any vocals some are just mumbled vocals etc. Michael Durham Prince and Brad Buxer have five useable songs between them for instance. That's songs that are either complete or nearly complete. Rocker is a good example. Let's not turn this into a Cascio debate, there is a whole thread for that.

When Prince & Buxer alone have 5 almost finished songs up their sleeves then their surely is more from different producers.
Estate/Sony could take the 5 songs, combine them with the songs mentioned in my sig & ad WHE & FA from the UC. What they would have is another full album of unreleased material spiced with 2 more (of his best & 'newer') songs almost nobody knows.

Last edited:

This thread has been cleaned. Let's get back on topic, stop the arguing, the personal insults and talking down to one another. Please get back to the topic at hand, without all that.

READ OUR FORUM RULES
6. Personal insults/attacks on our members or MJJC will not be tolerated.
You are welcome to Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully. Critical
conversation is expected when you disagree but do not be rude and please do Not personally attack
or insult our members individually or the board collectively. This includes name calling or questioning
members fanhood if they don't agree with your view.

1. A Place With No Name (Sounds like a classic from the snippet)
2. I was the loser (a slow ballad Michael worked on in 2008-2009, if complete)
3. Days in Gloucestishire (from the snippets, the melody and the groove is precise and when you mix that with the magical elegance of Michael's vocals. you have something that could match Lady in my life In term of harmonies for sure.)
4. Cheater 2001 (possibly? fans and general public will be instantly drawn into the beats being reminded of the 'BAD' era, re worked version of the 1987 classic featured on 'The Ultimate Collection' 2004.)
5. tales of the broken hearted (featuring Whitney Houston)
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???
9. Blue Gangsta
10. ???
11. ???

1. A Place with No Name is due to appear, so that's good news.
2. There's a chance I Was the Loser will appear.
3. I second this; gorgeous song, great harmonies (from what I remember). Hope to hear it in full (and CD quality) soon.
4. I could do without Cheater. The general public isn't into the Bad era anymore, unless of course it's the general Michael fans.
5. This song doesn't exist. Yet another Internet rumor.
9. Blue Gangsta is also due to appear.

That's post-Invincible material though. Of course the fans seem to overthink how many songs are available but there are still quite a bit left for release. (Very few from the post-Invincible era though.) The next album is in no danger of a lack of material, at least from what I know.

You seem to know quite a bit Stella... any way you could be interviewed for a non-profit fan project that's due for release online in spring? You won't be credited/named if you don't desire to be.

Back