Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

POP legend Michael Jackson's last DVD is set to be released in November 2010. According to Rodney Jerkins, this latest and last DVD containing 10 unreleased tracks will hit the shelves in November.

Rodney Jerkins, who produced 2001's 'Invisible' [Jackson's final studio album before his death in 2009] is preparing the tracks on the disk.

The album is reportedly set to be the first step of seven-year, US$ 250 million deal between the Jackson estate and Sony Music that will include new albums, releases and other projects with the King of Pop's distinctive stamp.

Music critics are apprehending a huge hit of the new album of Michael Jackson. They believe, it will knock-down Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Kesha.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/967/michael-jacksons-last-dvd-this-november
Cd or dvd? :scratch: Cd, huh? Article confused.

^ The article is so hilarious. The author knows nothing at all.

Reactions: Jan

"Invisible", LMAO. I remember an interiew with MJ via phone (GetMusic or something) and he was like "with Michael Jacksons new album... "INVISIBLE".

I remember that :lol:

This report should be taken seriously.

First: it says DVD when it means CD.
Second: it says 'last' DVD when it means first posthumous CD or something similar
third: it says Invisible when it means Invincible
Last and not least: it says Apprehending which is clearly not the right word. I would guess they meant anticipating but I could be wrong.

should or shouldn't?
:unsure:

I guess you mean shouldn't.

I can't wait for the new album to come out :) I think it will sell between 8 - 12 million records :)

POP legend Michael Jackson's last DVD is set to be released in November 2010. According to Rodney Jerkins, this latest and last DVD containing 10 unreleased tracks will hit the shelves in November.

Rodney Jerkins, who produced 2001's 'Invisible' [Jackson's final studio album before his death in 2009] is preparing the tracks on the disk.

The album is reportedly set to be the first step of seven-year, US$ 250 million deal between the Jackson estate and Sony Music that will include new albums, releases and other projects with the King of Pop's distinctive stamp.

Music critics are apprehending a huge hit of the new album of Michael Jackson. They believe, it will knock-down Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Kesha.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/967/michael-jacksons-last-dvd-this-november

:lol: Invisible :lol: - Well due to lack of promotion it's not entirely wrong, but :lol: !!

^ The article is so hilarious. The author knows nothing at all.

Yeah, it's full of mistakes. Can't believe so many mistakes in such a short article. :lol:

This report should be taken seriously.

First: it says DVD when it means CD.
Second: it says 'last' DVD when it means first posthumous CD or something similar
third: it says Invisible when it means Invincible
Last and not least: it says Apprehending which is clearly not the right word. I would guess they meant anticipating but I could be wrong.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have a question though! People have started to post the updates in this thread aswell, so we're having two threads, both with updates but the other with no discussion? :blink:

"Invisible", LMAO. I remember an interiew with MJ via phone (GetMusic or something) and he was like "with Michael Jacksons new album... "INVISIBLE".

and Michael never corrected them. any other artist would've if that mistake was made with their material. this was a glimpse into the specialness and wisdom of Michael Jackson. for it was clear they all had a copy of an album whose name they misspelled.

it's clear his music is magic. too many proofs of that here. no need to waste one's breath correcting someone as if worried that it might not sell if people 'don't recognize the title'.

MJ music. the only music to survive and sell on critical bashing and misspelling. inciting much envy and jealousy. then. and now.

i feel this NEW album will outsell thriller. Mainly because hes gone.

to do that it would have to be like 10X bigger than thriller which would smash all previous records into the stratosphere, it's a lovely thought, but incredibly unlikely, something would have to be guiding it from above.

Looool!

I imagine the journalist: a green trainee unsure of himself and with a serious lack of knowledge hesitating with his pencil and rubber eraser over a piece of rough sheet of paper on which he attempts to write a half-baked article.

He could have probably written something like this:

-After his first solo album "BAD" (a song about a rat), Michael Jackson surprises everyone with his smashing hit album "OFF WE GO" in 1979 produced by Grace Jones. The real surprise, however, came out with his next album "KILLER" in 1983 (also produced by G. Jones) accompanied by the masterpiece video with his red jacket in a cafe bar where two gangs confront each other.
In 1985 Michael writes a song with Lionel Wealthy "Africa for U.S.A." similar to the song "Feed the World" from the 1991 album "DANCEROUS".
In 1987 Michael surprises us again with his smashing album "BEN" (I'm Ben, I'm Ben, ... Who's Ben?)
After "DANCEROUS", Michael comes back with "HISTERY" album.
Finally, in 2001 we get "INVISIBLE".

And la crème de la crème, after several best ofs and the soundtrack of the last musical "THAT'S IT", the fans are eagerly awaiting a brand new album rumoured to be called "THE FEATURE". The album will come out sooner or later and will feature Will Smith, Kenny Krawitch and John Branca.

The first single will probably be the duet with Kenny Krawitch "Another Part of Day".

John Allist

Last edited:

^ What a cool album title that would be, Dancerous.

I admit I have also have that idea.
can you think of that? ooouuuu :swoon:

I admit I have also have that idea.
can you think of that? ooouuuu :swoon:

In order to outsell Thriller this new album needs solid publicity.

Thriller sales were boosted not only by the surprising short film, but probably mostly because people thought that Michael was going to die right after he was rushed to the hospital due to the severe burns that had occured during the pepsi commercial shooting.

Now, that he's gone will certainly boost the sales, however a hammering publicity is needed to outsell Thriller. How to convince people to actually buy and not simply illegally download this new album?

-After his first solo album "BAD" (a song about a rat), Michael Jackson surprises everyone with his smashing hit album "OFF WE GO" in 1979 produced by Grace Jones. The real surprise, however, came out with his next album "KILLER" in 1983 (also produced by G. Jones) accompanied by the masterpiece video with his red jacket in a cafe bar where two gangs confront each other.
In 1985 Michael writes a song with Lionel Wealthy "Africa for U.S.A." similar to the song "Feed the World" from the 1991 album "DANCEROUS".
In 1987 Michael surprises us again with his smashing album "BEN" (I'm Ben, I'm Ben, ... Who's Ben?)

And la crème de la crème, after several best ofs and the soundtrack of the last musical "THAT'S IT", the fans are eagerly awaiting a brand new album rumoured to be called "THE FEATURE". The album will come out sooner or later and will feature Will Smith, Kenny Krawitch and John Branca.

The first single will probably be the duet with Kenny Krawitch "Another Part of Day".

John Allist

PotpourriLaughing.gif

Looool!

I imagine the journalist: a green trainee unsure of himself and with a serious lack of knowledge hesitating with his pencil and rubber eraser over a piece of rough sheet of paper on which he attempts to write a half-baked article.

John Allist

:lol: :clapping::punk::clapping: :lol:

NO WAY ! - The Music industry is nothing like it was back in the early 80's. Back then, if you wanted to hear music, you would have to buy it. Now you can hear it free all over the world Youtube etc. and you can burn the CD from others, download it illegal for free.

If it sells 10 million copies its HUGE. I hope it will reach 15-18 million sold worlwide. That would be crazy. Remember, he is not here to promote it. It's not likely that there will be many musicvideos to promote it, there will be NO concerts, tour or any kind of that stuff. MTV 1995 performance was GREAT promotion, Oprah interview etc. - Because he is no longer among us that can not happen, so SONY will have to do ALL the promotion without MJ to back it up. Even with a bigger promotion than HIStory the new album will NO WAY sell 30+ million copies. But since the industry is different now it doesn't matter. If he sells 10+ million that is still HUGE!!!

I am looking sooo much forward to see the cover they will use for this album.

If it is anything like the KOP or #1 covers it will be sooo dissapointing IMO. It has to be something like Dangerous, mystic and adventure - Pure Michael.

Even though there are mass illegal downloads today, let's not forget that in the 80s many people illegally copied cassettes.

Even though there are mass illegal downloads today, let's not forget that in the 80s many people illegally copied cassettes.

we really can't tell what's going to happen.
remember MJ at the Ebony interview saying how back in the day music industry was going really bad and then Thriller made the impossible... possible!

That's Michael and the power of HIS music.

Despite all the downloads and things, how many millions new (real) albums Mike has sold these months?

yeah but I don't think Thriller sold much on cassette. It was mainly sold on CD I believe.

And I don't think the illegal copies was very good, so people was more likely then ready to buy the original back then. Today you can copy a CD so you can't hear the diffrence.

such positivity blows me away!

Who says it cant outsell Thriller?! You say? Hmm

I am looking sooo much forward to see the cover they will use for this album.

If it is anything like the KOP or #1 covers it will be sooo dissapointing IMO. It has to be something like Dangerous, mystic and adventure - Pure Michael.

Don't worry about the cover, it can't be worse than this:

MJ-Jam-Jacket-Michael-Jackson.jpg

yeah but I don't think Thriller sold much on cassette. It was mainly sold on CD I believe.

And I don't think the illegal copies was very good, so people was more likely then ready to buy the original back then. Today you can copy a CD so you can't hear the diffrence.

In times of Thriller only the CIA possessed the CD players. There were no CDs in the stores back then, only LPs and cassettes.

p.s. It is true that a cassette copy wasn't as perfect as the original cassette because of the analogue technology (as opposed to the CD's digital technology). However, the sound was a bit different than on CDs, and I would say that some copied cassettes sound better than todays low quality MP3 files.

I'm not trying to be negative, not at all. I'm just realistic. And if you expect it to sell 70+ million I think you will be very dissapointed. So I just don't want anyone to get their hopes up for a Thriller 2. (in terms of sales.)

Don't worry about the cover, it can't be worse than this:

MJ-Jam-Jacket-Michael-Jackson.jpg

:lol: :lol: - I'm alright now. After seeing that you are very right, there is no way in the world it can be worse than that. lol

In times of Thriller only the CIA possessed the CD players. There were no CDs in the stores back then, only LPs and cassettes.

p.s. It is true that a cassette copy wasn't as perfect as the original cassette because of the analogue technology (as opposed to the CD's digital technology). However, the sound was a bit different than on CDs, and I would say that some copied cassettes sound better than todays low quality MP3 files.

I meant LP, not CD. My BAD...

LOL
I say it can't outsell Thriller and it WON'T outsell Thriller...
You say it can? Then you have no clue about the music industry nowadays.

My prediction is 15 to 20 million units at the very very max, not even a quarter of Thriller.

LOL
I say it can't outsell Thriller and it WON'T outsell Thriller...
You say it can? Then you have no clue about the music industry nowadays.

My prediction is 15 to 20 million units at the very very max, not even a quarter of Thriller.

I'll have to agree. - Not because I wanna be negative or anything. But albums doesn't sell 30+ million nowadays.

Well as I said, if the estate wants to outsell Thriller they need to convince people that they really need the album, that it is cool to possess it, something as necessary as a facebook account or an i-phone. For that they need a hammering and aggressive publicity - radios, discos, tv, Internet, cinemas, cartoons, newspapers, popular drinks, biscuits, chocolate, toys, a video game, magazines, comics, and a revolutionary video in 3-D or something, round the world, only then it could outsell Thriller.

lol not because you want to be negative... Hmm

If anyone can outsell Thriller its, its own creator. People will want this simply because he is dead. They will want it to be apart of his history. Fans will want it simply because they are fans and want it. Collectors will want it because, Like Elvis, it will be worth something eventually. I may have great hopes for this album but i will not be disappointed if it sells less then thriller. You all want to be realistic i want to remain hopeful.

lol not because you want to be negative... Hmm

If anyone can outsell Thriller its, its own creator. People will want this simply because he is dead. They will want it to be apart of his history. Fans will want it simply because they are fans and want it. Collectors will want it because, Like Elvis, it will be worth something eventually. I may have great hopes for this album but i will not be disappointed if it sells less then thriller. You all want to be realistic i want to remain hopeful.

Should it outsell Thriller then it has to sell more than 70 million copies. With so many albums sold it will not be worth anything eventually.
If a special edition with only 100 made copies were made - THEN it would be worth something.

Thriller can be bought on e-bay for $1. Not worth anything.

Should it outsell Thriller then it has to sell more than 70 million copies. With so many albums sold it will not be worth anything eventually.
If a special edition with only 100 made copies were made - THEN it would be worth something.

Thriller can be bought on e-bay for $1. Not worth anything.

Well If you own a shop and sell 70 million for a dollar each, you get 70 million dollars :D

just teasing you :cheeky:

Back