Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Michael Jackson Album News and Discussion Thread

Will.i.am doesn't support new Jackson album

A new Michael Jackson album is expected by the end of the year, culled from unreleased material in his vaults. But Jackson collaborator and Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am is vehemently opposed to the idea.

"I don't think that should ever come out. That's bad," he said. "He was a perfectionist and he wouldn't have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"

Will.i.am collaborated with Jackson on the rerelease of "Thriller" in 2008 with remixed versions of some of the album's classic songs. He said Jackson was very particular about all aspects of his musical productions, from his vocals to arrangements to instrumentation.

"Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that? Because he was a friend of mine, I just think that's disrespectful," he said. "What's wrong with what he already contributed to the world?"

The Jackson estate did not respond to a request for comment.

When asked about the high demand for any new Jackson music, will.i.am replied: "So what? You don't disrespect someone when they're gone. ... How much can you suck from his energy? ... Freaking parasites!"

Not much is known about what will be on the album, but Michael's brother Jackie has said he and brother Marlon were working on the record with John McClain, Jackson's former manager and executor of his estate.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...4-XjQD9HC1U700 - posted by liliyyy

Your right Will, his music should sit in a vault for an eternity and we should never hear it because you (not Michael) thinks it would be disrespectful.

I can kind of understand not wanting to release unfinished music, but to not want release FINISHED music that was going to be coming out while Michael was here?

A little tidbit: I was just searching Amazon for a Michael Jackson item and they have a notice that says that the it's official that the new album will be released in November. See the text and the screencap below

Michael Jackson's New Album
It's official. A representative of the Jackson estate has confirmed that a new album will be released in November. Sign up to be the First to Know™ when it's available for pre-order.

amazonv.jpg

V Exclusive: New MJ Album To Include Tracks By will.i.am, Teddy Riley & Rodney Jerkins

Posted 8-10-2010 11:05 am

With the recent news that an all-new Michael Jackson album featuring 10 unreleased tracks is set to drop this November, more insight into the anticipated project has surfaced.

According to the late King of Pop’s Estate administrator John Branca, the upcoming collection is set to feature an all-star roster of producers.

“We are finishing up the album as we speak,” Branca tells VIBE. “There will be some will.i.am, Teddy Riley and Rodney Jerkins songs. We don’t want to put 10 unrelated songs together. We want to put together an album that fits well.”

While Branca, Jackson’s longtime lawyer, would not give any specifics on the tracks, he says that the legendary performer was very hands-on during the recording process.

“Some of the songs Mike were working on by himself. Michael always over-recorded. A song like 'Billie Jean' was supposed to be on the Off The Wall album, but for whatever reason his team didn’t think it was strong enough. So there’s plenty of good new material for this upcoming project.”

In the June/July issue, VIBE gave exclusive details into some of the unreleased Michael Jackson tracks tentatively slated for the November release. The buzz-heavy set is reportedly the first in series of 10-projects tied to a seven-year deal the Jackson estate inked with Sony Music in March 2010. The $250 million pact includes a Michael Jackson video game, due out at the end of 2010; various reissues of Jackson’s landmark albums; a revamped greatest hits sets and a Cirque du Soleil show based on the Gloved One’s music. —Keith Murphy

^ Like I have said:

-The album will contain material from Jerkins and Riley
-It will be composed of mostly new material
-The album will flow
-There will be songs MJ did alone
-The Wil.i.am songs are news to me

This article is big. Why? Because the source is the administrator of the estate. So these facts are as about as concrete as we are going to get.

Last edited:

^ The initial plan was for the announcement to come in July and a single by late August. Plans have since changed with more info regarding the album to come around MJ's birthday and a single planned for the time period between September 25th and October 15th. The album will be released in November just in time for the US thanksgiving holiday. The MJ video game will also launch around this time.

The track list is going to be finalized next week. I can reveal it is already 98% done and sources are very excited about it. What surprises many people who have heard the album so far is that it actually DOES flow. I am told that the sound is modern, and with most songs being from MJ's final years, the flow is better then most thought. The sound I am told mixes the classic MJ fast songs with some beautiful ballads. There will be more fast songs on this album then Invincible (percentage wise). The Will.i.am material I am told is great stuff and goes head to head with a Jerkins track and Another Day for the albums strongest material. The final mixed version of Another Day is powerful, and should do very well on the charts. The estate is also prepping music videos, mostly will be composed of studio footage and even a possible animation video.

More details will be revealed in the next two weeks, to coincide with MJ's birthday. Don't expect all the songs to be revealed right away though as there is still 3 months until the release. Album launch date I am told will be the week of Nov 15th with tentative backup release dates for Nov 7th or 22nd depending on competition from other artists. Prepare yourselves, the fun is about to begin...

The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Twitter

@TeddyRiley1
I can't wait to put my heart and soul on the new MJ project. This is it...Dangerous
was the last biggest selling MJ lp. I am proud & bless. 11 minutes ago

@TeddyRiley1
I know this is you sending down you blessing for me to be on the project. And of
course I am honored to be working with you my big brother.

@TeddyRiley1
This is such a special day. I'm wishing my brother a Happy birthday. Michael,
today is your day. Yesterday I was called to work on your lp!!

Re: Ted Riley Just confirms working on New MJ Album

And the album is supposed to be finished??

Seems doubtful.

well in the Raffles interview ..Travis Payne did say that Michael was working on a new album before he passed...so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

And the album is supposed to be finished??

Seems doubtful.

Well, let's look at the bright side Matty. I like that Teddy Riley will be working on this album- he worked well with MJ and obviously loves him. And we know now that there will be a Riley song(s) in there, if of course that twitter account is legitimate.

How long do you think it will take for him to work on let's say at the most 2 songs of his? Or do you think he is working on all the songs along with Jerkins? I don't know how that works, are they just working on their own songs or the entire album?

The tracklist is ready, but maybe those songs still need some tweaking, I'm assuming, from the co-producer that worked with those songs. There is still time until the album comes out in November. If not then it is March.

I for one am happy that the original producers are working on this. They would know exactly how Michael would like those songs. I think it is good news.

well in the Raffles interview ..Travis Payne did say that Michael was working on a new album before he passed...so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Michael had been recording his last years for the purpose of releasing an album, and I believe that a lot of those songs he had already recorded would have been considered by him to be in the new album, including the william songs. I will consider this album as a "new album" by Michael despite the fact that he won't be here to completely guide it through. I am soo excited about this whenever it comes - hopefully in Nov.

I actually really like the tracks Michael and Teddy Riley did together. Dangerous also happens to be my favorite album. Can't wait to hear what else they did together.

Last edited:

Thanks for this, by the way
HAPPY MICHAEL JACKSON DAY to Teddy and to all fo you :)

A pic Teddy posted of him, Sisqo and Michael
9atphz.jpg

I love Teddy Riley, and think it's great that he'll be working on the project.

NOW, this is the best news i've heard in months......heeee heeee !

Do your MAGIC, Teddy Reily!!!!

NOW, this is the best news i've heard in months......heeee heeee !

TOTALLY OT, BUT OHOOD I JUST LOVE YOUR SIG! MICHAEL IS SO HOT! and that red lipstick on his cheek is precious - I wish it was mine! :wub:

@mjdatabank @TeddyRiley1 with you we know the songs are in good hands. TCB sir.

gbee- do we know for sure if that is Teddy Riley's real twitter account? Oh please let it be real- I really want him to work on this project.

Twitter

@TeddyRiley1
I can't wait to put my heart and soul on the new MJ project. This is it...Dangerous was the last biggest selling MJ lp. I am proud & bless. 11 minutes ago
Is he taking a swipe at the sales of HIStory and Invincible? HIStory had sold 20 million units even before Michael's passing, a feat even more impressive given that it wasn't promoted strongly in the large USA market and that it was a pricey double-album that would strain the budget of the average mid-nineties teenager. Invincible didn't perform well by Michael Jackson's standards mostly due to the lack of promotion anywhere.

yeh i posted that in the album thread earlier on but there were doubts over whether that is really Teddy Riley's twitter account..?

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86818&page=524

I believe it is his account. Last year he had a family assault/ words war on twitter and it was widely reported that this was his account.

http://hotspotatl.com/photos/mariamoore/update-teddy-riley-and-daughter-trade-jabs-on-twitter/

A pic Teddy posted of him, Sisqo and Michael
9atphz.jpg

I love Teddy Riley, and think it's great that he'll be working on the project.

aww he was wearing KAPPA hahah i remember that brand was big back in early 2000s hahah awww :wub:

I'm glad to hear that Teddy is working on the new MJ project. The Dangerous album is a masterpiece.

But, when Teddy said new MJ project, does he mean the upcoming posthumous album, Dangerous "re-re-issue", or another posthumous album to be released in the following year?

He mentioned Dangerous, so may be the project is related to Dangerous? The year of 2011 will mark the 20th anniversary of Dangerous. Is Sony planning a "special CD/DVD edition"? If so, I'll be very happy. I always feel that Dangerous is underrated and I hope Sony and the Estate can do something to raise the public's awareness of Dangerous.

it could be another project, not the november album...

November album? It's not something that has been officially confirmed..as for now, i am just waiting and not expecting anything really in november, to avoid dissapointment.

Yay! :dancing: I love Teddy!

Back