Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

lol did i say NOW? no i said Eventually.

And i disagree that they are not worth anything.

lol did i say NOW? no i said Eventually.

And i disagree that they are not worth anything.

Before something can be worth a lot it has to be rare, hard to get etc. An album that has sold just 10 million copies is not rare and even in a 1000 years they will not be worth much. Thriller is still being produced, so more albums are made every day making it less rare for each copy. So even Eventually it will not be worth anything.

You disagree that an album you can buy on the net for $1 and $5.99 for new in most stores are worth something ? - more than the salesprice ? NO WAY. - It's worth something for the one that owns it because it's great music and memories and MJ. But worth something in $$$ - nope.

Off topic...

I was about to make a poll about how many copies the new album will sell, and when I was finished making the poll, which have to be made after the thread is made, the thread was closed ???

We can discus how many copies it will sell, I just wanted to make a poll, it would be fun to see what people think! - Can't we have that thread re-opend ??

Back to topic. :)

Reactions: Jan

Looool!

I imagine the journalist: a green trainee unsure of himself and with a serious lack of knowledge hesitating with his pencil and rubber eraser over a piece of rough sheet of paper on which he attempts to write a half-baked article.

He could have probably written something like this:

-After his first solo album "BAD" (a song about a rat), Michael Jackson surprises everyone with his smashing hit album "OFF WE GO" in 1979 produced by Grace Jones. The real surprise, however, came out with his next album "KILLER" in 1983 (also produced by G. Jones) accompanied by the masterpiece video with his red jacket in a cafe bar where two gangs confront each other.
In 1985 Michael writes a song with Lionel Wealthy "Africa for U.S.A." similar to the song "Feed the World" from the 1991 album "DANCEROUS".
In 1987 Michael surprises us again with his smashing album "BEN" (I'm Ben, I'm Ben, ... Who's Ben?)
After "DANCEROUS", Michael comes back with "HISTERY" album.
Finally, in 2001 we get "INVISIBLE".

And la crème de la crème, after several best ofs and the soundtrack of the last musical "THAT'S IT", the fans are eagerly awaiting a brand new album rumoured to be called "THE FEATURE". The album will come out sooner or later and will feature Will Smith, Kenny Krawitch and John Branca.

The first single will probably be the duet with Kenny Krawitch "Another Part of Day".

John Allist

Lol... you are a very good satirist.

I actually remember the Getmusic.com interview really well. The interviewer who got the name of the album wrong was Anthony DeCurtis, who is a contributing editor of Rolling Stone and a music critic. It's unbelivable how a so-called music critic could be so sloppy.

This interviewer just didn't do any homework prior to the interview. He not only got the album title wrong, but also knew nothing about the album. If I was to interview Michael Jackson about his new album, I would have studied every song on the album, so I can ask intelligent question.

One of the question was a fan question. The fan wanted to know whether Michael thought the album had a "2000 sound (i.e. new sound, new century sound...) Michael misheard "2000 sound" and thought the fan asked about "2000 Watts". The interviewer corrected him. If I was the interviewer, I would have let Michael talk about 2000 Watts. Like the song or not, 2000 Watts is a unique MJ song. Michael sang in his lower registrar. I would love to learn more about it.

I just feel the interviewer was either intimidated by the thought of interviewing Michael Jackson or he just didn't care about the album "INVINCIBLE"...

lol thank you for being the positive Michael Jackson fan you are. Regardless of being a realistic one. You have your opinion and hopes and i have mine. Yes i disagree with you about its monetary meaning. Yes i disagree with you that it is worth nothing. Just because you can buy it for a dollar doesn't mean it wont amount to anything...

For the person who owns it it means the world. No amount of money should be placed on a memory of how you came to get it or become a fan. But this new album is something NEW. ..... ya know what..... your right... This new album wont reach number 1.

lol..some seem to act as if they don't know the value of themselves as an MJ fan..how great that value is. and how much they counted as adding to his legacy, when they bought his music. and how great that impact was, and is. it seems as if some can be convinced by the media that they don't count, when they buy an MJ album. it seemed true before 2009 and it still seems true now.

and..'ironically'..the critics themselves, who panned the albums, had a copy of the albums in their hands, while they were doing it.

lol - I think it will reach number 1 all over the world.

I hope so very much, and I believe so too.

But Invincible was also number 1 in 11 countries around the world and it didn't sell ass much as Thriller. I know that was a very different situation, but just because he is dead doesn't mean it will sell more than Thriller. It has to have some massive hits, great songs and great promotion. - HUGE promotion.

lol - I think it will reach number 1 all over the world.

I hope so very much, and I believe so too.

But Invincible was also number 1 in 11 countries around the world and it didn't sell ass much as Thriller. I know that was a very different situation, but just because he is dead doesn't mean it will sell more than Thriller. It has to have some massive hits, great songs and great promotion. - HUGE promotion.

contrary to popular belief, being a smash 'hit' on the radio is not necessarily relative to sales. there are many examples of songs that never seemed to be off the radio, that never left shelves..and many songs that were blacklisted from radio, that still sold greatly. you never know where the x factor will travel.

this thread isnt about Invincible! Michael was right to be mad. That album could have done just as well. this is about the NEW album and how well i HOPE and THINK it will do. Forget about Invincible!

And who better to promote the album then his FANS

I think with demand high for the new album, it will sell no less than 10 million world wide.

it's funny. the spirit of the old thread is returning....
hope we keep this up and positive till the album is in our hands :clap:

Well, if this new album sells more than 10 million copies it would be a great achievement. Remember, there won't be any "MJ quality" music videos (if there are any, it'll probably be compilations), no concerts and no interviews to support the promotion. Besides, a lot of people will listen to the songs on YouTube or download the album illegally. Nowadays it's quite an achievement to sell a couple million even with huge promotion, it's not like it was in the 1980s or even the 1990s. If you expect this album to outsell Thriller, you're in for a disappointment.

I think with demand high for the new album, it will sell no less than 10 million world wide.

It's going to sell way more than that IMO.. I say 25 million ;)..Perhaps much more based on numerous factors.

yes but even if this album does hit 10..... All anyone will say is that its a flop. Mainly because of the person who is singing. That is what happened with Vince (i hate bringing that album in here but as it was his last studio album i have nothing else to go back to.) And thats what will happen with this.

My positivity has been killed by the negativity. Thanks ever so much dolls.

I don't like the idea of comparing every Michael Jackson project to Thriller. Thriller was a phenomenon that happend only once. There were a number of factors (MTV, videos, Motown performance, Grammy's and of course Michael's talents) that pushed Thriller to record breaking height. Those events that happened in the early 1980's won't repeat again. People just gave Michael a false sense of failure when comparing albums released after Thriller to the success of Thriller. When, in fact, every one of his albums is very successful.

Let the new album stand on its own. It will do well. Good music still sells.

I believe it will sell more than 15 million copies. If it sells more than 20 million copies will it not be the best selling album since 2000 ?

EDIT: pls delete this post

I'm going for about 15 million depending on the promo and overall quality.

I don't like the idea of comparing every Michael Jackson project to Thriller. Thriller was a phenomenon that happend only once. There were a number of factors (MTV, videos, Motown performance, Grammy's and of course Michael's talents) that pushed Thriller to record breaking height. Those events that happened in the early 1980's won't repeat again. People just gave Michael a false sense of failure when comparing albums released after Thriller to the success of Thriller. When, in fact, every one of his albums is very successful.

Let the new album stand on its own. It will do well. Good music still sells.

Very right you are. Rep added. :clapping:

I'm going for about 15 million depending on the promo and overall quality.

I think so too.

I really don't think it will sell less than 10 million.

Number ones has sold more than 11 million copies right ? I know that is all the biggest hits and therefore sells great, nut I still think the new album will sell more.

I believe it will sell more than 15 million copies. If it sells more than 20 million copies will it not be the best selling album since 2000 ?

Yup, I believe it would be, it does have that potential as well ;)

Yup, I believe it would be, it does have that potential as well ;)

Michael Jackson having the best selling album since the millenium would be great.

Thriller is the best selling album in the 80's

Dangerous is the best selling album in the 90's (Isn't it ???)

And then The New album best selling in the new millenium.

Michael Jackson having the best selling album since the millenium would be great.

Thriller is the best selling album in the 80's

Dangerous is the best selling album in the 90's (Isn't it ???)

And then The New album best selling in the new millenium.

lol..MJ being the best selling artist of all time, keeps me from sweating all that small stuff. lol

lol..MJ being the best selling artist of all time, keeps me from sweating all that small stuff. lol

Haha, yeah you are right. But anyway, another record is always nice.

I had a dream the other night that I was in my car driving and Another Day came on the radio.
I remember thinking to myself in the dream; No announcement has been made! It just came on!

Oh lawd. :lol: That thread has had an impact on you!

After "DANCEROUS", Michael comes back with "HISTERY" album.
Finally, in 2001 we get "INVISIBLE".

LOL at ur whole post..

but HISTERY?? ..how about HYSTERIA?

-----------

BTW..

MJ is officially the most downloaded artist of all time..

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/michae...jackson-is-most-downloaded-artist-of-all-time

He was also the first artist to sell over 1 million downloads in one week (well really, it was 2.6 million in about 3 days)..

Billboard’s latest sales charts show the king of pop as the first artist ever to sell more than a million downloads in a single week, among other firsts.
Fans flocked to the late popstar’s greatest hits, purchasing a record-breaking 2.6 million Jackson solo recordings and Jackson Five songs, according to Nielsen SoundScan data for the week ending June 28.
Jackson also dominated Billboard’s “Comprehensive Album Chart,” which tracks both new albums and older catalog albums — the first time a catalog album has ever scanned more sales than any new album.

I don't think we need to worry about the effect of youtube & illegal downloads etc...

I think there will be a lot of interest in this album, come on, it's brand new Michael Jackson music! We know how many young people became interested in him and how many adults regained their interest in him - he was the biggest selling artist worldwide last year, if I'm not mistaken. How many millions did he sell in 2009? 26? Of all previously released material!

I think like GinnyJackson said, a lot of people will buy this because it is a part of history. It's not just an album, it's the new Michael Jackson album. It's sure to sell very well.

yes but even if this album does hit 10..... All anyone will say is that its a flop.

I remember the media was raving when Lady Gaga sold 10 million copies of 'The Fame'. Like it was some amazing achievement. Calling it 'Lady Gaga's almightly rien.'

People more knowledgable than me can answer, but I just did a quick google search and apparently hers was the first album to surpass 10 million after Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Black' (2006).

Just looking at the all the hype surrounding Susan Boyle - her album has sold almost 9 million. (according to wikipedia)

So I'm guessing 10 million is very good, and albums don't often pass that mark..??

Rodney Jerkins, who produced 2001's 'Invisible' [Jackson's final studio album before his death in 2009] is preparing the tracks on the disk.

Invisibe?

Music critics are apprehending a huge hit of the new album of Michael Jackson. They believe, it will knock-down Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Kesha.
They seriously thought it woudn't top these generic artists? This is Michael Jackson. I have faith in Michael. I think this album will sell extremely well. Just because the album may not sell as much as Thriller (just assuming this, anything is possible though) doesn't mean it won't be a good album and it doesn't mean it won't break records. Thriller was a once in a lifetime thing. I think it will always stand and be known for the greatest selling album of all time. I know people who bought the album just because it's the best selling. People want that piece of history in their hands and I think that will continue into the future.

Btw, thank you mods for this new thread! :flowers:

Anything is possible, except any album including one of Michael's surpassing Thriller.

Playing devil's advocate though you could argue that in the future maybe 1000 years from now the Earth could be so overpopulated that it could happen since there would be billions of potential customers, at which point Michael would become the first artist in history to have an album sell a billion copies.

ok now we are being ridiculous. i said my thoughts.

please try to write your opinions without adding personal attacks to other members. - thread cleaned.

This report should be taken seriously.

First: it says DVD when it means CD.
Second: it says 'last' DVD when it means first posthumous CD or something similar
third: it says Invisible when it means Invincible
Last and not least: it says Apprehending which is clearly not the right word. I would guess they meant anticipating but I could be wrong.

You mean, shouldn't be taken seriously..... yes you are so right. When I read that, I thought wow, who wrote this, it is full of plain wrong info and grammatical errors. This could clearly be a made up internet story.

Back