Michael To Be On The Cover Of Ebony! AH VIDEO INSIDE!

Re: Michael To Be On The Cover Of Ebony! AH VIDEO INSIDE!

Thanks for the pics and vids i auctaly like the suit MJ is wearing in the photoshoot he suits that look i think

I especially love the pics when he wears the hat :D its amazing :D :D :D

EXCLUSIVE: Myths, rumors and innuendos behind the King of Pop

EbonyExclusive.jpg

Twenty five years after the record-breaking Thriller album was released, Michael Jackson still reigns as the King of Pop. The dancer, singer and songwriter sat down in a New York hotel suite with EBONY to conduct his first U.S. magazine interview and cover story in a decade. Ebonyjet.com has several surprises in store for Michael's biggest fans as we post exclusive content all week long:

Monday

Archive Photo Album

Audio - Michael On:
* The Beginning
* Friendly Competition

Tuesday

Audio - Michael on:
* Work
* Immortality

Wednesday

Audio - Michael on:
* Hits
* MTV

Video - From the Vault:

Ebony Jet Showcase

Ask the Editors - You asked. We'll answer. Submit your questions now!

Thursday

Audio - Michael on:
* Smelly
* Motown

The King of Pop had plenty to say about his muse, his music and his memories. Listen in as he explains, in his own words, what makes him tick.

http://www.ebonyjet.com/michael_jackson/

Yay!Got mine! whoo! things i go through for Mike Lol

I walked IN THE RAIN, AND i'm sick...but i walked (cuz the buses don't run where i was going) to get this magazine!

But it was well worth my 3 bucks! Man the magazine is BEAUTIFUL! And the spread is LONG. I love it!

Also this may be a bit mean lol...but the MJ issues STUCK OUT man. It was in the front of a bunch of magazines...and it's was much like the Invincible cover, it just stuck out cuz it was SO IN-YOUR-FACE lol. And it WAS the brightest magazine on that rack and that was real noticable LOL. I don't think it was cuz of MJ's skin, it was the white suit and the white background...it was so bright lol.

Michael sounds FAB. lol, I love hearing him talk. Its awsome of Ebony to be releasing all of those audio clips, I can't wait to hear the rest. Way cool. It has an even bigger impact when you get to hear him say the words, it also gives you a better idea of what he means, because you can hear the inflection, tone, etc... And I've commented on this interview and the pictures elsewhere, but Michael looks amazing, truly amazing, and the interview was fantastic, I thought.

I know hahaha we do anything to get a hold of a magazine just for Michael's sake :D

Ebony magazine really did a fantastic job with honoring Michael and his legacy. What I liked most about this is that the entire thing was all about him from his perspective. It makes such a big difference to get this.

Ebony realized what so many of us have wanted: positive news about Michael Jackson and the focus on the music. I hope that everyone plans to let them know how much their efforts are appreciated.

:wub:

I like this one even better than Vogue.
"You know I'm Smoo-ooth! :imbad you know it!!!"

Michael looks so good and I am so glad to see the media finally giving the respect to Michael that he deserves because so far I have only heard good positive things!B)

Oh my goodness! Michael looked sofly! Lawd.....

I saw this magazine at the newsstand last Monday and I cannot stop looking at the pictures. Michael looks amazing. Just amazing.

I am also shocked by how many people were shocked that MJ was on the cover of Ebony and saying nice things about his looks. When was the last time people were saying these great things about his looks? I can't honesly remember.

However, I was listening to my local radio station on Sunday morning (105.3 WDAS) and that annoying dj, Patti Jackson was hating. Now, here was what I do not understand = how can this woman talk about MJ's looks and crap and then at the same breath, tell people to get the magazine? Why can she just let things be and move on? I never got that.

Anyway, I enjoyed the article and the pictures: sexy, hot and DAMN! LOL!

I agree! I'm looking at the magazine now and MAN! His eyes are so dark and deep and PIERCING! I'm like drowning in them! lol

U know what i find interesting? This interview...they quoted him NEARLY virbratum. Even the stops, the pauses, the side bars, even words he EMPHASIZED by using capital letters....i don't think i've ever seen an interview written this way for MJ. very interesting.

Another thing i find crazy is the ebonics! MJ has a certain dialect...but every once in a while he throw in these CRAZY words like "gestation" LOL Or, in caps, "JUXTAPOSITION"....lol I love it! It's like the 'catatonic' word of earlier years!

Another thing I love about this interview...I LOVE his answer the "what about all the things writen about u?" question. SOOOO funny. I gives that "people are crazy!" conclusion....makes a general around-the-world statement: "I'm just about wanting to do wonderful music"....and then TOTALLY CHANGES THE SUBJECT! so funny. The interviewers probably didn't even see how fast he did that. LOL it was like, "ANYWAYSSSS, back to Motown 25...." LMAO Funny thing is, they weren't even talking about Motown 25 before that question. He just grabbed that out of the air lol. It was a story he probably has in his back pocket that he says in EVERY INTERVIEW...about the jewish kid backstage at Motown 25 :lol: That is just so funny.MJ ain't playin no games and peeps better not play games with mike! LOL He's taking charge of these interviews.

Last edited:

Did ya hear Michael do the intro to "Rock With You" on the audio clip?! Crazy! I swear, he's got to be like the most talented person EVER, lol. I mean it, he's absolutely amazing. Just so musical.

Can someone please upload the sound bytes to youtube.So I can hear them.

The photos from the early days are awesome and the audio is just...wooww!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photoshoot, my new favorite and ofcourse a new siggy had to follow :p

Thanks Mike for giving us these great pictures:D

Can't wait to see it!

I finally got my copy.
It's quite a difference seeing the pictures in front of me rather than on the net.
I've been avoiding certain threads so I can get to read the mag first hand.
I'm going to savour every word and every pic.
Yay! :D

This issue of Ebony is going to sell very fast. The stores carrying this issue are not going to be able to keep copies on the shelves. Everytime they restock, the mags are going to sell out.

I went to a local grocery store today to see if it was finally there. An employee said three other people came in looking for it as well. She said their distributor will deliver them tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. Ya'll know I'm goin' straight there before going to work. I don't want to miss the first shipment. The wait is eating away at me. (Thanks Michael! lol)

Also, a couple of days ago, I called Barnes and Noble to see if they received their shipment. A man answered the phone. When I asked him if they had the December issue he said, "The one with brother Michael on the front? It will be in soon. Call us again." I loved the way he said that. It was cool.

This issue of Ebony is going to sell very fast. The stores carrying this issue are not going to be able to keep copies on the shelves. Everytime they restock, the mags are going to sell out.

Also, a couple of days ago, I called Barnes and Noble to see if they received their shipment. A man answered the phone. When I asked him if they had the December issue he said, "The one with brother Michael on the front? It will be in soon. Call us again." I loved the way he said that. It was cool.

That is cool. :)
Can't wait to get mine too! I just loove these pics, i like them way much more than the Vogue ones ( those are cool too but I like the studio - glamor type ones better).

Reading this & seeing that ppl were speaking of him in relevance almost makes me tear tf up
I know! Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm a time traveler and as someone who never got to experience Michael when he was alive, I really miss him even though I never knew him!

Reading this & seeing that ppl were speaking of him in relevance almost makes me tear tf up
Makes me wish I was part of this fandom back then. I actually remember seeing this photoshoot/cover mentioned on a non-MJ forum I was on way back then, and even on that forum people seemed pretty receptive to it.

Back