Michael - Your Album Review + Poll

What is your rating for the Album? (5 is best)

Votes: 131 39.0%

Votes: 116 34.5%

Votes: 53 15.8%

Votes: 19 5.7%

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters

mjchris

Proud Member
michael-jackson-michael-album-cover.jpg

1. Hold my hand
2. Hollywood tonight
3. Keep your head up
4. The way you love me
5. Monster
6. Best of joy
7. Breaking News
8. Another day
9. Behind the mask
10. Much too soon

Whats your thoughs about it?
Do you like it?
Whats your favorite song?
Whats the best song? Whats the worst?
Whats the greatest thing about it, what could be made better?
Whats your ranking of the songs?

OK, this time its like it should be...
you have to vote again. 5 is best. 1 is worst

Last edited:
Re: Michael - Rating

Guys there was a problem with the old thread rating. it was a bit confusing. please repost your ratings here.

Thanks

Last edited:

Good idea to make a new poll. - Now we can get an accurate answer.

This album is a clear 5 to me!

We open the album with the weakest song HMH - a duet with AKON. It's actually a great song, and every MJ album has a duet, and HMH is the duet of Michael! AKON is not a great singer - BUT what he can't deliver MJ can and more too!

The we move on to Hollywood Tonight!! - And wow, first we hear a choir, the the beat starts with MJ beatboxing! - Fantastic. When the first verse starts you are in awe! - This is one of the best songs on Michael, and maybe already one of my all time favorite songs!! MJ, sings uptempo, and great. It doesn't get much better than this.

Next is Keep Your Head up. A feel good, keep the faith kind of song. It's sweet, it's great, it's Michael... - Ends with a choir. A really great song. Nice feel, nice beat, vocals are MJ spot on.

Next is (I like) The Way You Love Me - a song that has already been released in 2004 on TUC. BUT - this version is very different. It starts with MJ talking about how he wants the song to be. The while he beatboxes the drum rhytm the song starts. Vocals are perfect. The drum and bass is heavy and great. - In my opinion a perfect finalized version of the song.

Then we move on to a true party starter - MONSTER!! - A killer song. Unmistakable MJ AUWWs, and a great MJ song. The chorus is great. Another great uptempo song with a perfect beat. If you have to say something negative it could be there maybe are too many effects. But no problem to me. I love the song.

So comes a slow song, Best Of Joy. Apparently the last song MJ ever recorded in 2009, mere weeks before his way to early passing. - This just proves that MJ was not done at all. A great falsetto song. It is simple, but yet complex and the production is great! A nice slow song.

Next comes Breaking News - much controversy has surrounded this song. BUT - that was before we heard the album version. The vocals are not so layered, the song is not so overproduced and MJ's voice is much more rogonicable. All doubt is gone - This is the king of Pop singing. And when focusing on the song and not the drama around it - it is a great song. It has the camera sounds like Privacy had it on 2001's Invincible. And the theme is the same. The bridge is also great and the production of this song is actually great.

(I can't take it) Another Day comes next. A song written and produced by Lenny Kravitz. A song that could easilly have been on Invincible IMH. It's great. In the league of Dirty Diana and Give In To Me. A nice guitar play, and a very heavy bas and drum line. All around - AMAZING song. The most Rock-kind of song from Michael.

Behind the Mask starts with a cheering crowd and a trumpet - then goes into an amazing beat. It's a real club-bangger. One of (if not the) best songs on the album. Great vocals and a great great beat. A classic MJ song.

To end the album a slow song has been choosen (like Lady In My Life on Thriller) and what a song. Much Too Soon. A very emotional song. A very simple composition. MJ singing with only very few instruments. And the result is unbelievable. This song is emotional like Ben, and maybe even better than Speechless. If you close your eyes and lie down on the bed this will bring tears to your eyes. What a wonderful way to end an album. It doesn't get any better.

Overall this album is a Masterpiece. If MJ is really dead or he has helped finalize this wonderful album will only add to the conspiracy theories. This sounds like a perfect MJ album. Something MJ would have been very proud of himself and something he would approve to be released.

10 out of 10

Re: Michael - Album Review + Poll (corrected, Vote again)

sorry, my fault. i had school notes in my mind. i know that rating normally have an other system like school notes.
now its all fine. :)

Now it's perfect and gives a realistic view on how fans feel about the album.

I am shocked that 2 have only given 1 star?? - You don't like any songs?

Weird.

I gave a 5:

Love the album so much !!! Best of Joy and Behind The Mask are the master pieces !! Real Classics for me at the moment !! Those songs are timeless !!!

me too Best of Joy and Behind The Mask i feel the energy in the vocals there.

#1 - Behind the Mask
#2 - Best of Joy/(I Like) The Way You Love Me
#3 - Hollywood Tonight
#4 - Hold my Hand ft. Akon
#5 - (I Can't Make It) Another Day ft. Lenny Kravitz
#7 - Much Too Soon
#8 - Breaking News
#9 - Monster ft. 50 Cent
#10 - Keep Your Head Up

Fantastic album, a great follow-up from Invincible, which I loved.

Voted #5, for best.

I voted a 5 but then I realized, we should all vote again or have another poll 2 weeks after the album comes out. I have only heard little snippets on line, and pieces of what my dad worked on.

8 days ........

:timer:

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!

i downloaded the file but it wont open with windows media player?:S it says that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

anyone know how to fix this problem?? please guys as a michael fan to another can someone lend me a helping hand. as you can imagine im very desperate to hear this album.

I voted a 5 but then I realized, we should all vote again or have another poll 2 weeks after the album comes out. I have only heard little snippets on line, and pieces of what my dad worked on.

8 days ........

:timer:

Your dad?

Anyway, for me it's still 4/5 (would probably go down after the songs sink in though).

A perfect 5 out of 5 for me. Hold My Hand is the weakest song on the album, and it's only the opener, it's great. I still can't help but have this bittersweet feeling though, to be quite honest.

i downloaded the file but it wont open with windows media player?:S it says that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

anyone know how to fix this problem?? please guys as a michael fan to another can someone lend me a helping hand. as you can imagine im very desperate to hear this album.
If it's a rar file, you need to extract it before it will work, using a rar extracting program.

Yes, you haven't extracted it, use these programs:
http://www.rarlab.com/ - WinRAR
http://www.7-zip.org/ - 7-zip

I voted 4. It's not perfect, but I love it. :)

I voted 3.

Rating: 5

The album is way better than I expected! I truly love it in every way!

Just hearing MJ's voice again...its an amazing feeling! All the negative thoughts I had about the people working on the album and its songs, are now thrown out the window. Its all about MJ and it feels great!!!

Now it's perfect and gives a realistic view on how fans feel about the album.

I am shocked that 2 have only given 1 star?? - You don't like any songs?

Weird.

I gave it 1 star. I like Another day. HMH is not bad and i think i'm starting to like Behind The Mask. I really dislike the rest.

BEST
KILLER
HIT(ara)
AAA

I gave it 1 star. I like Another day. HMH is not bad and i think i'm starting to like Behind The Mask. I really dislike the rest.

Oh my so you dont like best of joy or hollywood tonight? And much too soon? Those songs are amazing !!!!!

You really dislike Much Too Soon?

You Really dislike Hollywood Tonight?

You really dislike Best of Joy?

WOW...

Taste is different of course and I respect that, but wow.

BUT - so you like AD, HMH and BTM - how can that not be 2 stars? :)

HMH and BN are the weakest songs IMO. - (But still both great songs)

Whats your favorite song?

Tie between Hollywood tonight and Behind the mask

4/5, it's a great album, but it's not a perfect MJ album, so not a full 5 from me....

My favorite song on the album are both The Way You Love Me and Hold My Hand. The Way You Love Me is amazing!! And I love the intro! Keep your head up and much too soon are also really awesome songs. I didn't really like Monster or Best of Joy that much. Behind the Mask wasn't bad. Breaking News is okay. I was a bit mixed on Another Day though..I mean I liked it..but I felt like I would have gotten the same experience if I just put the 30 second snippet on repeat..meaning it feels to repetitive. Finally Hollywood Tonight is probably my least favorite song. I'm so surprised that so many people like it. I mean I loved the intro and i loved the whistle ending..but the main chorus is just too repetetive and needs more lyrics. Anyway that's my two cents. I listend to it a couple of times and thought it was definitely not bad, but I wasn't blown away either. You could tell that these songs are demos and not meant to be on one album together. But nevertheless, I think I'm satisfied :)!

P.S. I think the reason I didn't really feel songs like Monster, Best of Joy, and Hollywood Tonight is that he just keeps repeating the same phrase like they have it on repeat. There isn't much to the song in terms of lyrics..

I'd give it a 4+
For me it's not 5 because on two tracks I can't help wondering if it's really him so it's really frustrating. If all the songs were like Hollywood Tonight and Much Too Soon, I would have given it a straight 5.
But then again, I think that after having albums like Bad and Dangerous, not even your own new album can beat that.
Still, Hollywood Tonight is a killer :)

Best of joy is growing on me like crazy!

I gave it a 2. If one excludes previously released material, previously leaked material and fake tracks (totally unacceptable!!!), ends up with no more than 15 minutes of new music (4 new songs). Even The Ultimate collection had more to give (13 unreleased goodies, 3 of them brand new) and it was just a collection!!!

Back