Michael - Your Album Review + Poll

What is your rating for the Album? (5 is best)

Votes: 131 39.0%

Votes: 116 34.5%

Votes: 53 15.8%

Votes: 19 5.7%

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters
Re: Michael - Album Review + Poll (corrected, Vote again)

I give this album 2 stars. Simply because it could have been so much better. It's unacceptable for me that they put 3 tracks on it that are questionable/unfinished when they could have put APWNN, DYKWYCA, Blue Gangsta on it to name a few.

The album kicks off with "Hold My Hand", a song that would be more at it's place on an Akon album. Hollywood Tonight is a great track but they did too much stuff to his voice, also it gets kinda repetitive. Then we get Keep Your Head Up, a track I can't fully enjoy because it doesn't represent anything of Michaels voice to me. The same goes for Monster and Breaking News. (I Like) The Way You Love Me is a song I always really liked, but this is a bit too much for me. I rather stick to the more simple version, altough I like the beginning where he speaks and beatboxes. Best Of Joy has to be one of my favorites of this album, it's a simple tune but finaly a track where we can hear his voice really clear. Love it! Another Day is another strong track but I guess I'm a little bit dissapointed by the final outcome. I can't say this is a strong follow-up to "Give in to me" and "Dirty Diana" but it's a nice try. Then we get to Behind the Mask, a track I was really looking forward to after hearing the HMV snippet. Once again as with Hollywood Tonight, they did too much stuff with this song. The crowd noises are also really annoying, with Michael shouting "how ya doin", it has nothing to do with this song... The album ends with Much Too Soon, another sweet ballad but I think this is something that doesn't appeal to non MJ fans. (I love it tough)

I guess not all reviews can be positive. ;) Maybe it doesn't sound like that but I actually enjoy the album. :p

I gave it a 2. If one excludes previously released material, previously leaked material and fake tracks (totally unacceptable!!!), ends up with no more than 15 minutes of new music (4 new songs). Even The Ultimate collection had more to give (13 unreleased goodies, 3 of them brand new) and it was just a collection!!!

If we were to exclude leaked songs then you'd end up with zero minutes though.

Please can somebody PM me the link... I'm gonna cry lol x

5 stars and more!
After HIStory it's the next album in my order.
A great album after 15 years!

The album could easily win the title the shortest album of all time.. $ony has managed to ruin "Another day" for me.. literally..The album version makes ypu miss DJ Tuckie... BN still sounds fake.. Monster actually sounds more authentic than the leaked version... Nothing new with The way you love me.. Hollywood Tonight , Behind the mask and Much too soon are awesome. They are the only reason I'm going to buy this album.. I gave it 2 out of 5... I guess in about 7 years' after $ony releases all those 10 albums, we'll have enough material to make our own perfect album...

After hearing all the songs on Michael I will be very very surprised if Michael is not #1.

It's a perfect album. Better than anything Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber has ever released! Actually Michael is better than anything Britney Spears has released too.

Michael is soo good it will go to #1 spot all around the world I think.

The reason why they didint put all the leaked song we know is because they will release them in the next labum! They cant realease everything good in all one album... cmon people!

I didn't heard complete album but anyway I gave it a 5. :yes:
I love album cover art and so far I heard "Breaking News" :thumbs_up: "Hold My Hand" :thumbs_up: "Much Too Soon" :thumbs_up: and part of "Hollywood Tonight" :woohoo: on Ellen Show and I am DELIGHTED with all. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album! :holiday:

5 Stars!

It's God Like. :D

The album has a nice flow actually.

The reason why they didint put all the leaked song we know is because they will release them in the next labum! They cant realease everything good in all one album... cmon people!

Might be unfair I know, but this is why it should be marked down. You don't hold back the good stuff and put on the mediocre stuff - you make every track the best track! That's why MJ was the King! No fillers on his albums. It's why I'm not so keen on Sony sucking every last cent out of his name.

I'd give it 5 out of 10.

Re: Michael - Rating

Good idea to make a new poll. - Now we can get an accurate answer.

This album is a clear 5 to me!

We open the album with the weakest song HMH - a duet with AKON. It's actually a great song, and every MJ album has a duet, and HMH is the duet of Michael! AKON is not a great singer - BUT what he can't deliver MJ can and more too!

The we move on to Hollywood Tonight!! - And wow, first we hear a choir, the the beat starts with MJ beatboxing! - Fantastic. When the first verse starts you are in awe! - This is one of the best songs on Michael, and maybe already one of my all time favorite songs!! MJ, sings uptempo, and great. It doesn't get much better than this.

Next is Keep Your Head up. A feel good, keep the faith kind of song. It's sweet, it's great, it's Michael... - Ends with a choir. A really great song. Nice feel, nice beat, vocals are MJ spot on.

Next is (I like) The Way You Love Me - a song that has already been released in 2004 on TUC. BUT - this version is very different. It starts with MJ talking about how he wants the song to be. The while he beatboxes the drum rhytm the song starts. Vocals are perfect. The drum and bass is heavy and great. - In my opinion a perfect finalized version of the song.

Then we move on to a true party starter - MONSTER!! - A killer song. Unmistakable MJ AUWWs, and a great MJ song. The chorus is great. Another great uptempo song with a perfect beat. If you have to say something negative it could be there maybe are too many effects. But no problem to me. I love the song.

So comes a slow song, Best Of Joy. Apparently the last song MJ ever recorded in 2009, mere weeks before his way to early passing. - This just proves that MJ was not done at all. A great falsetto song. It is simple, but yet complex and the production is great! A nice slow song.

Next comes Breaking News - much controversy has surrounded this song. BUT - that was before we heard the album version. The vocals are not so layered, the song is not so overproduced and MJ's voice is much more rogonicable. All doubt is gone - This is the king of Pop singing. And when focusing on the song and not the drama around it - it is a great song. It has the camera sounds like Privacy had it on 2001's Invincible. And the theme is the same. The bridge is also great and the production of this song is actually great.

(I can't take it) Another Day comes next. A song written and produced by Lenny Kravitz. A song that could easilly have been on Invincible IMH. It's great. In the league of Dirty Diana and Give In To Me. A nice guitar play, and a very heavy bas and drum line. All around - AMAZING song. The most Rock-kind of song from Michael.

Behind the Mask starts with a cheering crowd and a trumpet - then goes into an amazing beat. It's a real club-bangger. One of (if not the) best songs on the album. Great vocals and a great great beat. A classic MJ song.

To end the album a slow song has been choosen (like Lady In My Life on Thriller) and what a song. Much Too Soon. A very emotional song. A very simple composition. MJ singing with only very few instruments. And the result is unbelievable. This song is emotional like Ben, and maybe even better than Speechless. If you close your eyes and lie down on the bed this will bring tears to your eyes. What a wonderful way to end an album. It doesn't get any better.

Overall this album is a Masterpiece. If MJ is really dead or he has helped finalize this wonderful album will only add to the conspiracy theories. This sounds like a perfect MJ album. Something MJ would have been very proud of himself and something he would approve to be released.

10 out of 10

Outstanding review :clapping:

Best Michael's work EVER!

RESPECT!

5 Stars!!!!
Best songs: Hollywood Tonight,Monster,Best Of Joy,Behind The Mask!!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Best of Joy is an incredible song. Got a bit teary-eyed when I first heard it.

Other favorites are Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask.

I really think that MICHAEL is Thriller for 2010. The album is really really great.

1. Hold My Hand (The Girl Is Mine)
2. Hollywood Tonight (Billie Jean)
3. Another Day (Beat It)
4. Behind The Mask (Wanna Be Startin' Somethin')
5. Monster (Thriller)

I would release these 5 songs as singles.

I really think that MICHAEL is Thriller for 2010. The album is really really great.

1. Hold My Hand (The Girl Is Mine)
2. Hollywood Tonight (Billie Jean)
3. Another Day (Beat It)
4. Behind The Mask (Wanna Be Startin' Somethin')
5. Monster (Thriller)

I would release these 5 songs as singles.

Absolutely agree.

This is the best album released by any artist in many years. It has to win grammys. - Plural.

I'd give it a 3/4. I still have to hear all the songs MANY more times to arrive at a definitive position (Like with Invincible, most of that album had to grow on me)
The reason why I think I haven't rated this album higher is because
1) It's Michael, therefore expectations are always absurd :cheeky:
2) Many of the songs sound OVERDONE (too many effects/layers). Michael is magic, becuase of his tremendous vocal ability which needs real little else doing to it. A good melody, and his earnest voice is ALWAYS enough to carry a song. The music should support that, not overpower it.
3) I think the album has quite a dark emotion colouring it. Namely, Hollywood/Showbiz and all the madness that go's with it (the lack of privacy etc). which we all know Michael had suffered through. It just feels that one to many of the trakcs are tackling this issue, and venting the frustrations. Perhaps, this would have been better limited to just ONE track. I'd love to hear some HAPPY (you know REALLY HAPPY) songs like Rock With You, replace one of these ANGRY songs.

I guess you could say that the songs are a reflection of what Michael was going through in any particular era. I agree. But all the more reason to have some sunshine on an album. :D

My fav's on this album are:

Behind The Mask - awesome vocals (they crazily remind me of his voice on Off the Wall album, anyone get that?), I really like the non-standard melody...it reminds me of something but I don't know what, it's very 'filmy' like it's a movie soundtrack. And OMG, how does he do those notes at 4:25-4:27 :wild:

The Way You Love Me - always loved this song and it's great to hear it finished, although it could do without the echo effect on the chorus, because it makes the lyrical content less clear. If I hadnt heard it before I might struggle getting it all. Michael speaking at the beginning is a brilliant touch... a little glimps of a genius at work ;)

Hollywood Tonight - even if it's just for the super cool MJ BEATBOXING (it's acapella at the end too!)

Best Of Joy - made my heart hurt with love for Michael. I had to hold my heart..it's so beautiful and love it that you can just HEAR him. And yep, Michael singing 'I AM FOREVER', I was always a sucker for that :in_love:

Another Day - awesome!! I love this so much lyrically as well as the beat and whole feeling of the song. There's something so reflective/melancholic about it, but such passion too as shown in the chorus. I love the guitar too.

Monster - I like the way he sings the verses in particular, 1:33-1:36 is my favourite. I do think it's over produced, too many effects.

I really like HMH, I know people are saying its the weakest track on the record, I disagree. To me it's catchy, melodious, very pleasant listening. Of course, I wish there was more MJ and less Akon on it, but can't do much about that now. I like the song.

Overall, it's always ALWAYS a blessing to hear Michael's voice, his magic and to get any new material is exciting. It's also sad, cause he's not physically here, everything 'new' has a bittersweet taste. Obviously, my reaction to Michael singing things like 'I am forever' is completely different to what it WOULD have been. Also, as Michael hasn't been around to put the album out, it's just NOT KNOWING how he would have wanted it, makes it more difficult. I love it when new material is coming out. It's just kinda an anticlimax for me as I have to admit that I've already seen Michael's best....and that is enough for me.

THANK YOU MICHAEL - I LOVE YOU

It's crazy that Best of Joy was recorded within the last few weeks/months of his life. Crazy that he was thinking "I am Forever." Sort of foreshadowing.

I love the CD. Can't wait to go buy it next week.

Hold my Hand- Hell I like this song, it can be a little cheesy yea, but I still like listening to it 4/5

Hollywood Tonight- Amazing, I had it on repeat tonight at the gym...Love the vocals and the lyrics...and the beat...I love the intro as well 5/5

Keep Your Head Up- Ive always thought it was a good song...the vocals are kind of hmmmmm but I still like the song 4/5

The Way You Love Me- I love love love love this version, I told myself that I would skip this one because I already owned it on T.U.C. but I love it....5/5

Monster- I heard the leaks to this one and was pretty discouraged, specifically with the vocals...but after hearing the leak today I am convinced it is MIchael...not his best song, but its not bad... I could still see the radio and clubs eating it up 3/5

Best of Joy- I heard mixed reviews on this one and I personally liked it...its a little repetitive but I still like the vocals on this one 4/5

Breaking News- I still just dont like this song....despite the bridge that I really like the song just does not fit the album in my opinion...2/5

Another Day- I had high expectations for this one and I have to say that I wasnt that impressed...its not a bad track, and its not that great neither...I do have the feeling though it may grow on me with time...plus even though its a MIchael song I would have love to hear Lenny a little more on this one 3/5

Behind the Mask- Its an acceptable song, Im still up in the air with it, Ive only listened to it once, hmm another one that may have to grow on me 3/5

Much Too Soon- My favorite track on the album....I love the lyrics, the theme, and the vocals...5/5

Overall- 3.8 out of 5

I gave it a 3. I'm very disappointed in the Cascio tracks, but I'll keep that opinion to myself. The unheard tracks are really great, besides a few rehashed ad libs here & there. This was nowhere near the production value of a normal Michael Jackson album.

Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy are definitely the strongest tracks, for me.

If we were to exclude leaked songs then you'd end up with zero minutes though.

I meant those that leaked long time ago, not the recent leaks (after all the whole album is a leak)

I think The Way You Love Me should SOO be released as a single!!

my ranking at the moment...

1. Hold my hand
2. Best of joy
3. Behind the mask
4. Much too soon
5. Another day
6. Hollywood tonight
7. The way you love me
8. Keep your head up
9. Monster
10. Breaking News

I think The Way You Love Me should SOO be released as a single!!

I liked it the first time I heard it and I like it more and more after every listening.

for me "the way you love me" sounds better than the first version. more "produced", more "finished". i like the intro. cool cool cool. i hope that was teddy's idea. :)

I love the album so much.
Nr. 1 for me is " Hollywood tonight ". Awesome song.
" Another Day " is also amazing.
And I love " Monster ".
" Behind the Mask " is a killer too.
I love the balads, but , at the moment I am in the mood for some dance-stuff.
I love it. 5/5 for me.

Back