Michael's Dr. hires lawyer

MichaelYoureAStud

Proud Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090627/ap_on_en_mu/us_jackson_doctor

LOS ANGELES – A Houston lawyer says his firm has been hired by the doctor who reportedly was with Michael Jackson when the pop star was fatally stricken in his Los Angeles home.
William M. Stradley, a partner in the firm of Stradley, Chernoff & Alford, says his firm has been hired by Dr. Conrad Murray.
Stradley says investigators have indicated Murray is considered a witness and is not a target in any way.
Stradley says one of the partners, Edward Chernoff, is in Los Angeles meeting with Police Department investigators.
Stradley says he doesn't know if Murray is taking part in Saturday's meeting.
Stradley says Murray accompanied Jackson to the hospital, but he doesn't know if it was Murray who performed CPR on the singer or called 911.
The attorney says Murray has cooperated with police from the beginning and never left Los Angeles.

if he knows hes a witness and no suspect,why hire lawyers? stupid bitch has a guilty conscience and is trying to cover his ass

He's under a lot of scrutiny and most likely needs help dealing with it. Please, let's not judge the guy before we know something. Remember how we hated that people already condemned Michael before the trial even started.

everyone needs a lawyer when dealing with media frenzy. I dont think u should read into it like that.

I've just heard he's only been with MJ for a week or so...! If yes, I don't know if I can take this...

He's not even a suspect, so why would he need a lawyer if he didn't do anything wrong?

He's under a lot of scrutiny and most likely needs help dealing with it. Please, let's not judge the guy before we know something. Remember how we hated that people already condemned Michael before the trial even started.
Exactly. I wanted to say that too. Don't judge people too quick

Agree. I am not defending him, but hiring a lawyer is something that everyone would do in his skin!

What wonders me is shouldn't the doctor of stayed with Michael in the ambulance ride to the Hospital? Sounds a bit fishy, don't you think. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but it's just very odd. A personal physician should stick with Michael and not flee from the whole scene, leaving Police looking for him.

Very, very odd.

if he knows hes a witness and no suspect,why hire lawyers? stupid bitch has a guilty conscience and is trying to cover his ass

Shaun you hit the nail on the head. My mom and I are talking about it right now. She is so pissed that the doctor hasn't even talked to his parents.

I'm not a parent but I can't imagine what it feels like for your child to pass before you.. Let alone not knowing what was your child's last words were. Oh the horror

How very interesting that fans, the people that were outraged when people were judging Michael, are now doing this exact same thing. Stop judging this man, we don't know anything about the situation or his involvement. I'm pretty sure it's totally normale procedure for ANYONE that's being questioned by police to have legal counsil present. Sometime that's needed to prevent that police bend the rules and ask things that they shouldn't.

How very interesting that fans, the people that were outraged when people were judging Michael, are now doing this exact same thing. Stop judging this man, we don't know anything about the situation or his involvement. I'm pretty sure it's totally normale procedure for ANYONE that's being questioned by police to have legal counsil present. Sometime that's needed to prevent that police bend the rules and ask things that they shouldn't.

Don't you think it's suspicious at all that he fled? And now has hired a lawyer? I'm not saying this in a criticising way, If anything trying to find hope that this may not be what Ithink it is.

Don't you think it's suspicious at all that he fled? And now has hired a lawyer? I'm not saying this in a criticising way, If anything trying to find hope that this may not be what Ithink it is.

That's just one report, not a fact. There's also reports that he never left LA and he's been cooporating with police the whole time. So see, we dont'really know anything, especially not enough to pass judgement.

Hey he has the right to hire a lawyer, but I have a problem with him not contacting the family, not going to the hospital with MJ but yet you are his PERSONAL PHYSICIAN. Now that I will judge him on... Like I said b4 he was the last person to be with MJ so of course everyone in the world is going to have question.. WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and the big one WHY.

*sidenote* Smokey Robinson said if asked to sing at the funeral, he would sing "Never Can Say Goodbye", and he just sung a verse.. Oh hear come the tears.. I'm done, just done..

a lawyer for a chat? hmmm got something to hide?

Girl he needs a lawyer. Everybody wants their questions answered, this lawyer has to be very careful what he tells the police, investigators and family members. His ass will go to jail for sure If he did something wrong. The main question is the CPR fiasco, what kinda of dumbass doctor does CPR on a bed? My only explanation was he knew MJ was dead. If you listen to the 911 call, there is no sense of urgency. I honestly think they only called 911 so they can pronounce MJ dead at the hospital. You don't want someone to die at your home because that might lead to a homicide case. The other question was why was he giving MJ high doses of opiates, he is a doctor, he could have easily said no to MJ when he asked for it. My mom's only explanation was MJ probably had some drugs in his system and was given more and that's what led to the cardiac arrest.

Girl he needs a lawyer. Everybody wants their questions answered, this lawyer has to be very careful what he tells the police, investigators and family members. His ass will go to jail for sure If he did something wrong. The main question is the CPR fiasco, what kinda of dumbass doctor does CPR on a bed? My only explanation was he knew MJ was dead. If you listen to the 911 call, there is no sense of urgency. I honestly think they only called 911 so they can pronounce MJ dead at the hospital. You don't want someone to die at your home because that might lead to a homicide case. The other question was why was he giving MJ high doses of opiates, he is a doctor, he could have easily said no to MJ when he asked for it. My mom's only explanation was MJ probably had some drugs in his system and was given more and that's what led to the cardiac arrest.
Girl was your mother talking to my mother?? lol, because my mom just said the same thing. My mom is pissed because she wants to know what kind of doctor would put his MD license on the line by giving MJ this medicine whenever he asked for it. Enabler is not a strong enough word I would use to describe this doctor. This "doctor" has tons of questions to answer and in my opinion just because the police say he isn't a suspect doesn't mean that they are not continuing to look into his actions. There have been plenty of times the police have come out of nowhere and arrested ppl for things and the whole while they didn't even know they were suspects.

This guy did cpr on a bed, he didn't call 911, eventually a unknown staff member did. where he at? what do he know? who is he? why didn't this doctor want to pronounce michael and ucla doctors had to and got the coroner involved,when he was his PERSONAL doctor. He knew All about michael's medical history. Also why isn't he speaking with the jacksons. Sheddding some light on michael's last moments. I know he was the last one with michael or the one who found him. He should have been helping to ease the pain.

It's so CLEAR that this man FEEL GUILTY about something. Even if it was that he gave michael something that he shouldn't have on michael request. He should at least give them the satifaction of knowing. This man has something to hide. the 911 call proves that. cpr on the bed wil never sit right with me. If micheal passed in his sleep then why didn't the doctor still call the police and just telling them that's how he found him (if he don't have nothing to hide).

If I knew I had nothing to hide I would be at the family talking. You don't need a lawyer to speak to his mom and dad. You just tell what happen?

I also I want that staffer speaking to 911 to come out and speak to the family. He may know something too!

I feel you MikeJoe, he has alot to answer to. I want to know why he got the hell out of dodge after MJ was put in the ambulance.???

Girl was your mother talking to my mother?? lol, because my mom just said the same thing. My mom is pissed because she wants to know what kind of doctor would put his MD license on the line by giving MJ this medicine whenever he asked for it. Enabler is not a strong enough word I would use to describe this doctor. This "doctor" has tons of questions to answer and in my opinion just because the police say he isn't a suspect doesn't mean that they are not continuing to look into his actions. There have been plenty of times the police have come out of nowhere and arrested ppl for things and the whole while they didn't even know they were suspects.

My mom also told me CPR wasn't gonna do anything to MJ, he needed to be shocked. She said the Cardiologist should have had an automated external defibrillator with him (AED). The were wasting their time doing CPR alone (and on the fucking bed which was a waste of time) because CPR doesn't usually revive someone in cardiac arrest but it can help keep a person alive for the critical extra few moments needed to locate and hook up the AED.

None of us know what happened here, but I feel like there's something shady with that DR. I hope i'm wrong, but I think there are things he's not saying. I find his behavior suspicious. If this whole thing could have been prevented though, OH MAN, I am going to be so pissed! Ugh. Hope I'm wrong about all this.

Guys too much assumption..just like the media.lol. And it's just as bad. Mj in pain had a right to get opiates. Don't assume he was getting too much. You all have no facts to prove this.

if he did nothing wrong, y did he run for 24 hrs? y didn't he go to the family and explain what happened or at least tell them about his final few hrs? y did he leave his car at mj'shouse?

he had something to hide.

lisa, when the autopsy says they're deferring to the tox report, that means there was nothing medically wrong w/ mj to cause a cardiac arrest. no stroke, no heart disease, nothing . the only other thing would be something in his system to cause it.

Back