Micheal Jackson's Daddy will have relaity show?...

I would LOVE for Michael to have a good opportunity to show his true personality..

Thats why he signed with the Bashir Interivew, and we know how that went.. :(

BUT!! If he were to direct and produce a special, or a short TV series.. Maybe fallowing him while making his album.. OR SOMETHING..

Showing him joke, have a good time, create his music, and just simply be himself.. Not an INTERVIEW..

More like a documentary.. Kinda like,,, Remember that show VH1 Diaries??

Set up somewhat like that, but not with VH1.. Just a documentary type thing, fallowing him around..

It will make a difference cause this one will not be his programme and there will be no bashire or any dubbing. There is no dubbing in reality shows as far as I know. MJ should have done a reality show instead of the bashire one. It would have been much better for what he wanted. He wanted the world to see him in a normal setting, he should have gone the reality route

Not really. He did the PHM, and nobody even cared. He always comes across as very normal in interviews. The Oprah interview, the interview with Diane Sawyer, Barbera Walters, Steve Harvey, Geraldo, etc... He doesn't act strange at all, but very intelligent, mature and grounded. But people see what they want to see with Michael, they've been conditioned to see him a certain way. They aren't actually listening to him and I doubt a reality show appearance would make any difference. He's been trying to get people to see him as not strange for 15 plus years now. He should just forget about it. The trial was enough of an invasion in to his privacy and like I said, it's important that Michael be allowed to retain a part of who he is. He shouldn't share himself completely with the world, because then there will be nothing left for him. If they don't see that he's not the strange ***** they make him out to be by now, I doubt they ever will.

Last edited:
I bet if he appears on one of them you will watch it. If the camera shines on Joe, MJ is bound to feature at some time with his kids. Maybe there will be a Jackson family get together. That would be cool to see all them Jacksons together. Also there may be an oppottunity to show MJ at work just like how he called access hollyhood in.

^ that's exactly what I was thinking.. Just appear on it..

even if it's like twice in the whole season..

I would watch it, of course, but I just don't think it's good for him specifically. I doubt Michael will appeare. I would love to see Michael at work in the studio, that would be a dream of mine. But like he told Bashir, he doesn't like to show that because he feels like people are finding something out about him. He's very private and that should be respected. He has so little of it left.

^^ well he agreed TO the bashir interview to show the real him.. Yes it did not turn out.. But he had that drive to do it then..

Now if he re launched that idea, and executed it himself.. It would go well.

I mean obviously (in my opinion) Michael wants people to know him. The REAL him..

He attempted it with Bashir.. did not work out..

He did it again with 'Private Home Movies'..

The drive is there.. it's just the matter of what is the best way

Well yes, obviously, he's always wanted people to understand him. But he's also always been private, rightfully so. My point was, he's TRIED to make people see him for who he really is, numerous times, in live interviews, pre-shot interviews, TV special, etc... He's even written a book which show's greater insight in to how he thinks and who he is then any interview or documentary ever has, and each time, it's never really helped, because people just aren't willing to listen. An example, he told the world 15 years ago that he has vitiligo, and a lot of people still don't believe him. And after what's happened to him, after being basically crusified for speaking his mind, I doubt he has as much desire to open up like he has before. He gets nervous, that was even obvious in the interview he gave to AH, when he said after a certain time that he wanted the camera's shut off.

Last edited:
^^ well he agreed TO the bashir interview to show the real him.. Yes it did not turn out.. But he had that drive to do it then..

I mean obviously (in my opinion) Michael wants people to know him. The REAL him..

Exactly. It couldbe done properly. Jermaine Jackson was subjected to 4 weeks of constant watching. The media ran with it when he put tape on his nose. They wanted to clain that he had a nose job. They were hungry for scandal. All they got was a very sweet and humble jarmaine who was the peace maker inside the house and everybody loved him to bits. It was a sight for sore eyes and funny too. It gave normalcy to the Jackson family and got people interested in them again. If Jermaine can do that, so can Michael.:)

Exactly. It couldbe done properly. Jermaine Jackson was subjected to 4 weeks of constant watching. The media ran with it when he put tape on his nose. They wanted to clain that he had a nose job. They were hungry for scandal. All they got was a very sweet and humble jarmaine who was the peace maker inside the house and everybody loved him to bits. It was a sight for sore eyes and funny too. It gave normalcy to the Jackson family and got people interested in them again. If Jermaine can do that, so can Michael.:)

I dunno about that. Jermaine, sorry to say, not many people are invested in HIS scandles as much as MICHAEL'S. And everything MJ would say, could be a joke, could be something silly (and we all know how loose mouth and exasperated he can sometimes get)...it would be EATEN ALIVE.

So i say it's best for MJ to stay out of it unless he is THERE when it's edited and THERE when it's sent out to the network. LOL

Michael Jackson should in no way take part in any type of 'reality show!'

Did you all see the one with Keisha Cole?....some things just should'nt be aired on tv period!

Michael shouldn't do reality shows. He doesn't need that and it's not his style. Part of what helped propel Michael to the stardom he's attained is that he is an enigma. And it's important to keep that up. He's already let people see enough of his every day personal life, with the Bashir documentary, the private home movies, numerous interviews, etc... Michael is a star, not a reality tv star, but a REAL star, lol.

MJ should do whatever he wants to do. If he is going to do a reality show, good for him. I have always been for reality shows, esp. if it is done the right way. If Joe has control of the way the show is done, it will show him in a great light. Everyone will watch because anything Jackson equals high ratings. MJ is a REAL star so a reality show will not take that away.

And MJ can do that again with showing people his real side. I love the PHM but it was too much of playing around, hanging out with Liz Taylor and talking about their friendship or whatever they have/had (I still do not get that joke that they had together) and too much of a side of MJ that we have seen in the public light. I was expecting to see MJ angry at his brothers or having a conversation with his family. It was too much of the same thing that we have been seeing of MJ in the public view for YEARS. The Bashir documentary was edited and was controlled by that monster Bashir and did not show a good side of Michael. Michael had very interesting things to say on there, but Bashir did not want anything to do with that. It was not scandalous and it was too positive.

I hope MJ does a reality show some day so that we all can see the REAL man and not the phony image created by obsessed fans and the hating ass media. There will be unexpected things that would happened. Heck, I want to see MJ interact with the rest of his family and do that famous confessionals about what he was thinking about and things like that. And knowing Joe, it would be funny. I am all for it. It would be the talk every week.

So whatever.

Well, but Michael already has shown the world that he's normal, but they refuse to see, so this won't make any difference, really. Again, it's not his style and it's important for Michael to keep something of himself. They've already stolen so much of his privacy away. I don't think he should or will appeare.

When has MJ shown the world that he was "normal"? When everything was edited? You lost me. No one refused to see it, it was edited so they would not see it. That is what happened regarding his "normacy". What is his style? You know him personally to know his style? I know that MJ loves the camera and you need cameras to do a reality show. Who is they? They, including the fans, took most of his privacy away but for some reason MJ is still in the enteratinment business. I hope he appears and shock everyone.

the show will be interesting.. I know some other Jacksons will be on it in some fasion.. MJ or not.. Since it's being recorded between L.A. and Vegas there is a chance for MJ to appear.

I'll be watchin' the show with or without Mike.. But with Mike it will be AWSOME.. just an appearance.. a visit.. something

P.S.

I just don't see why people are so against seeing MJ on a reality show.. Some fans try to make MJ sound too big to do somethings but it just does not make sence..

For example, last season when Rumors were going about MJ on American Idol some fans were like "NO, HE'S TOO BIG FOR THAT" and wanted him to appear at GRAMMY awards etc.. Not paying attention to the fact that important shows of American Idol get MUCH, MUCH more viewers than music awards now.. Grammy's, MTV Awards, World Music Awards.. They all have just a fraction of viewers as it used to get.. NOW the media world has shifted. Meaning MJ's aim for a large audience would shift aswell..

right now reality shows are huge.. They are the most viewed type shows over any other. Take 'Flavor of Love' for example.. It took an old rapper that many of todays society would not know. Put him to stardum again, and now this year he will get his own TV Series.

He's more of a household name than EVER..

Not saying to do a "MJ OF LOVE" lol!.. But turning the cheek FROM reality show type ideas is pointless.. It would only Open doors.. He can still have an ORIGINAL take to reality shows. Unique and everything, but still in the 'reality' ganre..

Last edited:
Yes, me too Bee MJ would be fine and relaxed with his real family. He would goof around and play practical jokes on them, but he would be real. Bigboi saw the other side of MJ and came back surprised. Chris tucker knows the real MJ. That is the side that the public never see cause he is always having to be on guard. I think MJ can be a 'beast' when he wants to be. I think he is very mischievious and has a wicked sense of humour, whih his children seems to have inherited. I think the Jacksons interacting would be great. I would be nice to see MJ being a part of it.
I can never understand why some fans wish to see MJ separate from his family. That is not right.

Last edited:
the show will be interesting.. I know some other Jacksons will be on it in some fasion.. MJ or not.. Since it's being recorded between L.A. and Vegas there is a chance for MJ to appear.

I'll be watchin' the show with or without Mike.. But with Mike it will be AWSOME.. just an appearance.. a visit.. something

It would be very interesting and like you, I am going to watch the show if MJ is there or not. Yeah, other family members would be there, heck even Joe's siblings that we almost never see might be on there.

BTW, speaking of other family members, some of you might know that the second generation besides 3T want to have careers in the music business like Austin and Genevive. They reality show might be a platform for them to show their skills and you never know, it can help them out there.

Someone on here mention the Keyshia Cole reality show on BET - I have not watch it (I lack cable) but I have heard it was out there. LOL. However, if people can relate to it, I mean, that is all that matters. That show is actually making her more popular.

Yes, me too Bee MJ would be fine and relaxed with his real family. He would goof around and play practical jokes on them, but he would be real. Bigboi saw the other side of MJ and came back surprised. Chris tucker knows the real MJ. That is the side that the public never see cause he is always having to be on guard. I think MJ can be a 'beast' when he wants to be. I think he is very mischievious and has a wicked sense of humour, whih his children seems to have inherited. U think the Jacksons interacting would be great. I would be nice to see MJ being a part of it.
I can never understand why some fans wish to see MJ separate from his family. That is not right.

I totally agree. He would have a lot of fun with them and it would make him a homebody, not some stranger. When he is with his family, he true side comes out. I remember reading something a while back from one of Michael's cousins ( I think from Katherine's side) that said that the public image is not the real Michael. I remember reading that thinking that only your family would say that about you.

You are not lying about Chris knowing the real Mike. Mike felt he can open up to Chris because yeah, Chris is STILL star stuck over Mike, but he treats him like a person, a human being. That is why I love the parts of him and Brett in the PHM because it was really MJ. Childlike but funny.

I do sense that too with some of his fans regarding MJ and his family. It is kind of upsetting because his family brings the realness out of Mike. Only your family can do that to you. The only people that can really anger me is my family. So, that is the same regarding Mike. I remember back in 2001 when Janet was interviewed for some magazine and she said that MJ told her some secrets and when the reporter asked her what the secrets were (because he was nosy) she was like, "I am not telling you". So, the family brings out that side of MJ.

WHY am i against Michael doing reality shows?

Not because he's too BIG of a star...

Not because it's beneath him...

Not because he can't handle it...

FOUR WORDS:

Living. With. Michael. Jackson.

:lol: I mean like i said unless he has COMPLETE control over EVERYTHING...and even when he does, people are just gonna take a lil thing and blow it up to extremes...and I dont think MJ needs that kind of pr right now lol

no...i don't think it will make a difference. it's the nature of the beast. it's like in these threads. people want to get their viewpoint across..and no matter what they say, the one who disagrees wants to get THEIR view across. and you can go around and around...and that's all you will end up doing.

it doesn't matter what MJ does...people will keep their views. it's just the way it is.

Also where do u see MJ having the DRIVE to do that?
I mean the trial might have changed/killed that drive lol

I wouldnt mind a Private Home movies part 2 though.

I'm sorry but vncwilliam but to me that just sounds like giving up before getting started..

"doesn't matter what MJ does...people will keep their views. it's just the way it is."

I find that very untrue.. I personally have changed many peopels opinions on Michael, and have talked to several who once did not like him then became fans because they SAW something.. Either an interview, a tv special or something..

I mean even after the interview/special that hurt MJ the most. BASH*** interview, MJ's sales went UP.. it had a strong incline.

Now imagine it being a positive show.. If it showed Michael in a positive light, it would have raised sales even higher.

People are TOO fickle to just 'keep there views'... The only reason why people have "KEPT" there views is because nothing much has been done to show otherwise.. The media goes after MJ on and on negitively.. That is 85% of what they hear.. Now why would they change there mind?

Untill they see otherwise..

If they SAW Michael interact with his children, if they saw what we HUNT to find.. THEY WOULD LOVE HIM..

They ONLY reason why we know better is because WE LOOK FOR IT.. If we didn't we would not know any better then "them"..

They don't have to LOOK for bad MJ news.. It fallows them..

Now if GOOD news fallowed them, it WOULD ulter opinions. it's just the nature of mandkind.

Re: Michael Jackson's Daddy will have reality show?...

Reality shows are for wannabes and skanks like the Hiltons/Kardashians...The Jackson family members do not need to lower themselves to that, and for the love of God Michael should never appear in that.
Not to mention you know how much of a gold mine that would be for comics if the jacksons or michael did a reality show look what they did to paula abdul and whitney and bobby now just imagine what they would do to michael.

MJ should do whatever he wants to do. If he is going to do a reality show, good for him. I have always been for reality shows, esp. if it is done the right way. If Joe has control of the way the show is done, it will show him in a great light. Everyone will watch because anything Jackson equals high ratings. MJ is a REAL star so a reality show will not take that away.

And MJ can do that again with showing people his real side. I love the PHM but it was too much of playing around, hanging out with Liz Taylor and talking about their friendship or whatever they have/had (I still do not get that joke that they had together) and too much of a side of MJ that we have seen in the public light. I was expecting to see MJ angry at his brothers or having a conversation with his family. It was too much of the same thing that we have been seeing of MJ in the public view for YEARS. The Bashir documentary was edited and was controlled by that monster Bashir and did not show a good side of Michael. Michael had very interesting things to say on there, but Bashir did not want anything to do with that. It was not scandalous and it was too positive.

I hope MJ does a reality show some day so that we all can see the REAL man and not the phony image created by obsessed fans and the hating ass media. There will be unexpected things that would happened. Heck, I want to see MJ interact with the rest of his family and do that famous confessionals about what he was thinking about and things like that. And knowing Joe, it would be funny. I am all for it. It would be the talk every week.

So whatever.

You sound like you want Michael to do what you want him to. I'm simply saying Michael most likely wouldn't want to be a part of a "reality" show. There's nothing real about those shows anyway. What celebrity actually lets the public see ALL sides of their personality? Name me one. Very few ever allow themselves to be seen losing their temper or arguing with their family. If you expected that from the PHM, than I don't know what to say to you. Michael shares a very real side of himself with the public. It isn't fake. It's simply one side, his ideal side, and that's the side he would like the public to see. After all, Michael is very concious of being a role model. If Michael WANTED to be a part of something like a reality show, then by all means, he should do it. But I don't think he would, that's never been his style. And I simply was stating that Joe shouldn't try and force an appearance on him, if he doesn't want it. Michael's family has been known in the past to force him in to things. Though now I don't think they could. And like I said, which you seemed to completely glaze over, I don't think it's fair to Michael to expect that he share every fascet of his personality with the public. They already have so much of him, they've already taken so much, that it's only normal that he would want to keep a part of himself private, for his own sanity. If he gave all of himself away, there would be nothing left for him. Fans should respect that. But I guess some don't.

So... whatever.

Last edited:
When has MJ shown the world that he was "normal"? When everything was edited? You lost me. No one refused to see it, it was edited so they would not see it. That is what happened regarding his "normacy". What is his style? You know him personally to know his style? I know that MJ loves the camera and you need cameras to do a reality show. Who is they? They, including the fans, took most of his privacy away but for some reason MJ is still in the enteratinment business. I hope he appears and shock everyone.

Well I'd be willing to bet money he won't. Michael has shown that he's normal throughout the years. He didn't act strange at all in his interviews with Oprah, or Diane Sawyer, or with Barbra Walters, or any of the few interviews he gave prior to the Oprah interview. He's shown he's normal in various fashions. If you don't see that, then you aren't seeing him Bee. His style is that he's private and always has been. That should be respected. He loves the camera when he's performing, but it is a WELL known fact that he doesn't like to do interviews. Your just mincing words. And by "they", I mean the general public and greedy fans.

Last edited:
If people really care about knowing the truth about Michael, all they have to do is watch and listen to him. It's all there to see. He's a good person. But if they aren't looking for the truth, if all they expect and want to see is a weirdo, then that's what they'll see.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to that Hip-Hop reality joint, he was supposed to do? That wouldve been hot. I guess this should be ight 2 though. The Hayvenhurst clothes look fresh!

Wannabestartsomething21- I stated my two cents. I did not bother reading your views but I respect your opinion. You just need to stop think you know the man. LOL.

WHY am i against Michael doing reality shows?

Not because he's too BIG of a star...

Not because it's beneath him...

Not because he can't handle it...

FOUR WORDS:

Living. With. Michael. Jackson.

It is funny that you have stated that because the documentary was not in his favor but a lot of people watched it and either gain sympanty for him or became fans of MJ. In many ways, it worked out for MJ. People even called out Bashir for the crap that he did. The docu was not good for MJ but people got to see the edited version of his life.

I mean like i said unless he has COMPLETE control over EVERYTHING...and even when he does, people are just gonna take a lil thing and blow it up to extremes...and I dont think MJ needs that kind of pr right now

And what can you do about that? If it gets people talking so be it. The media will always make a big deal about MJ. Has that stop him from doing what he wants to do? Hell no.

For example, last season when Rumors were going about MJ on American Idol some fans were like "NO, HE'S TOO BIG FOR THAT" and wanted him to appear at GRAMMY awards etc.. Not paying attention to the fact that important shows of American Idol get MUCH, MUCH more viewers than music awards now.. Grammy's, MTV Awards, World Music Awards.. They all have just a fraction of viewers as it used to get.. NOW the media world has shifted. Meaning MJ's aim for a large audience would shift aswell..

On point. AI gets almost 30 million viewers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The grammys comes on once a year and it can't even get 20 million viewers watching their show. You made a great point.

Also where do u see MJ having the DRIVE to do that?
I mean the trial might have changed/killed that drive lol

And where don't you see a drive? Just asking.

Yep. I am an LWMJ baby. And look at me now? I still hate Bashire though.

There's proof right there.

hmm well if you think that a drive to do reality tv is whats going on inside MJ's head, so be it :lol: I mean the Ebony interview clearly showed that MJ ain't trying to let people up in his business unless it has to do with music...I think he's being very careful about that. Of course, I might be wrong, but based on the little recent activities we've had...I can deduct MJ may not be comfortable with that sort of "inside look" into his private life. Maybe the constant scrutiny of his private life during the trial wore him out, who knows.

And Mj gains fans all the time. MJ gained fans because of the recent trial too. Does that mean that it BENEFITED him? not really.

Well I'd be willing to bet money he won't. Michael has shown that he's normal throughout the years. He didn't act strange at all in his interviews with Oprah, or Diane Sawyer, or with Barbra Walters, or any of the few interviews he gave prior to the Oprah interview. He's shown he's normal in various fashions. If you don't see that, then you aren't seeing him Bee. His style is that he's private and always has been. That should be respected. He loves the camera when he's performing, but it is a WELL known fact that he doesn't like to do interviews. Your just mincing words. And by "they", I mean the general public and greedy fans.

Thaaank you. When has he shown he's normal? ALL THE FREAKIN TIME. :lol: He's made plenty EFFORTS to show himself as a regular person. Most of them actually worked too. Why does he need to do it again? Didn't we get enough dose of his reality during the trial??? That was certainly some "reality TV"

Last edited:
Back