MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

Capital FM claimed they were given it by a label.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

and he was 100% not there, cause ironicly, on july 7 2009 his first single was released. so he wasnt even known anywhere.

So saying that this duet is what Michael would have wanted is bull s**t because Bieber wasn't even around until after Michael died

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

bieberschew93zmi8uy6.gif

I like Prince !
he's kindof rude.

Comments on the trending page are horrible.

This is absolutely horrible, horrifying, disgusting, appalling, frustrating, aggravating...

I could go on.

Now I hate Bieber more than ever, for stealing credit for STTR, a masterpiece which only MJ could create. Don't you?

I think they mean the one where he gave a speech and everything and when blanket refused to shake his hand

and where prince roll his eyes, cause he dont like him.
but thats not the memorial. but i know what you mean. the 'Michael Jackson's 'I'll be there' Official Hand & Footprint Ceremony' on january 26, 2012.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber

You'll soon see WHAT this is for.
The instrumental on this is worse IMO, the leaked version by "DJ Stolen" was a work in progress and of lossy quality.

What i don't get is the above?

What will we see soon? And what this was or is for?

You once again did some looking into the crystal ball, as if you would know something we all don't... and then??

Justin Bieber And Michael Jackson's 'Slave To The Rhythm' Hailed As "Epic" By Fans - Audio

17th August 2013, 10:56
Fans have been calling the surprise song "perfect" and "amazing" after its first play on Capital FM.
Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson's surprise collaboration 'Slave To The Rhythm' has been hailed as "epic" and the "best collaboration ever" by fans on Twitter.
Yesterday (16th August) saw the first play of Justin's team-up with the late pop star on Capital FM, after contributing guest vocals to the song which was recorded before the King Of Pop's death back in 2009.
Fans on Twitter have been praising 'Slave To the Rhythm' as "amazing" and "perfect" after enjoying the first play on Capital FM after the track's surprise emergence.
"It's amazing to hear this new track with 2 of the world's greatest artists, it's a true work of art! #NewBieberOnCapital," Twitter user @thebiebergomez posted after the first play, while @boyliebers1994 wrote: "So proud that my boy has finally (worked) with MJ. #BestCollaborationEver.
View a snap of Justin Bieber back in the recording studio recently below (Credit: Instagram):

"Slave2 The Rhythm might possibly be the best song of my generation," @BieberDynamic posted, while @Jethraw wrote: "@CapitalOfficial @NewBieberOnCapital - What an epic collaboration, that's going straight to Number 1! Love it!"
'Beauty And A Beat' singer Justin Bieber is currently enjoying a short break from his 'Believe' world tour, which is set to resume with a show in Marina Bay, Singapore on 23rd September.
Listen to Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson's 'Slave To The Rhythm' below:

Source: http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/michael-jackson-slave-to-the-rhythm-reaction/

great that now they are lying too. :puke:
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

only Bieber fans are liking this. MJ fans are furious

Justin Bieber And Michael Jackson's 'Slave To The Rhythm' Hailed As "Epic" By Fans - Audio

17th August 2013, 10:56
Fans have been calling the surprise song "perfect" and "amazing" after its first play on Capital FM.
Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson's surprise collaboration 'Slave To The Rhythm' has been hailed as "epic" and the "best collaboration ever" by fans on Twitter.
Yesterday (16th August) saw the first play of Justin's team-up with the late pop star on Capital FM, after contributing guest vocals to the song which was recorded before the King Of Pop's death back in 2009.
Fans on Twitter have been praising 'Slave To the Rhythm' as "amazing" and "perfect" after enjoying the first play on Capital FM after the track's surprise emergence.
"It's amazing to hear this new track with 2 of the world's greatest artists, it's a true work of art! #NewBieberOnCapital," Twitter user @thebiebergomez posted after the first play, while @boyliebers1994 wrote: "So proud that my boy has finally (worked) with MJ. #BestCollaborationEver.
View a snap of Justin Bieber back in the recording studio recently below (Credit: Instagram):

"Slave2 The Rhythm might possibly be the best song of my generation," @BieberDynamic posted, while @Jethraw wrote: "@CapitalOfficial @NewBieberOnCapital - What an epic collaboration, that's going straight to Number 1! Love it!"
'Beauty And A Beat' singer Justin Bieber is currently enjoying a short break from his 'Believe' world tour, which is set to resume with a show in Marina Bay, Singapore on 23rd September.
Listen to Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson's 'Slave To The Rhythm' below:

Source: http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/justin-bieber/news/michael-jackson-slave-to-the-rhythm-reaction/

great that now they are lying too. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Maybe hailed by Bieber fans. Not so much by MJ fans. MJ got robbed here.

That article make me sick.

"So proud that my boy has finally (worked) with MJ."

BRB, I'm going to remove some verses in an MJ song, sing over it, and say I have worked with MJ.

"It's amazing to hear this new track with 2 of the world's greatest artists, it's a true work of art! "

Are they saying that JUSTIN BIEBER is one of the WORLD'S GREATEST ARTISTS? HAHAHAHA!

What an epic collaboration, that's going straight to Number 1! Love it!"

no. no. no no nononononononono

A perfect MJ's song and Bieber deletes some MJ's parts and replaces them with his voice.

This is not how duets are being made!

Last edited:

Can JB be sued because it wasn't authorized by MJ's Estate?

This really shows just how big of an ego Justin Beiber has if he thinks he's good enough to remove some of MJ's vocals and replace them with his own.

Btw, Justin Bieber is clueless. "Max Methods" would not have received Tricky's finished vocal track from the Jackson family, he would have received it from The Michael Jackson Estate. And since "SME" (Sony Music Entertainment)" took it down quickly, The Michael Jackson Estate and Sony Music are well aware of the existence of this particular remix.
So this nightmare is true, unfortunately.
That makes sense, indeed. In addition, we have the producer indicating that the Estate was involved. Bieber's comments, in which he says the family gave the tracks to him, are firstly not confirmed to actually be his. Secondly, I think it is not unlikely that he simply might have assumed that the Estate is the family. We all know that the family is not in charge, but if you are not a diehard fan you might not be aware of this. I do not think it is that strange to see someone make the mistake of calling the Estate 'his family'.

On the other hand, Max Methods is now clearly talking about the Estate. If he only dealt directly with the family, it seems a bit awkward to me that he would call them 'the Estate'. It would make more sense to say something like "I have so much respect for the Jackson family" instead of "I have so much respect for the Estate," imo. More importantly, if Max Methods thought the family ran the Estate and got the tracks directly from them (still a weird scenario in and of itself), wouldn't he indicate surprise now upon discovering that apparently another party is in charge? Instead, all he does is communicate that he was honoured to work on it (an indication that someone asked him to do so) and that it is unfortunate that the record leaked 'before it was finished' (indicating that there was an intention to release it).

It's all vague, but the only thing that makes sense to me is that the Estate was involved at least at some point.

They should release the original version with Michael's vocals only.

Rodney Jerkins has confirmed that he had no involvement in the recording, production or leak of this track.

Jerkins was kind enough to offer me the following insights about the track, which was recorded way back in 1989:

“‘Slave To The Rhythm’ was produced by LA Reid and Babyface. I remember MJ played me that song along time ago. It was originally recorded for the ‘Dangerous’ LP.”

Although Jackson brought the song to Jerkin’s attention during the ‘Invincible’ recording sessions, the pair did not re-work the track and it was not considered for the album.

“He played it for me one day just to see what I thought. I like the song, but what Michael song don’t I like? I love all his music!”

Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson’s views on the style of music used:

“Michael Jackson didn’t like techno music at all.”

In response to the leak The Michael Jackson Estate, via their mouthpiece ‘The MJ Online Team’, have issued the following statement:

“For those who have been asking about the recently posted recording of “Slave 2 The Rhythm” by Michael and Justin Bieber, this recording was not authorized and has been taken down.” – August 16, 2013

It also appears the producer of the track, Max Methods, has addressed the issue via Twitter. IF the account is legit, the DJ stated the following:

Wow.been getting hit up abt this @MichaelJackson Ft. @Justinbieber record all day. I have so much respect for the Jackson Estate and…

— Maxmethods (@MaxMethods) August 17, 2013

it was an honor to work on this record….but its unfortunate that the record leaked before it was ready.

— Maxmethods (@MaxMethods) August 17, 2013

FYI: Until today, the @MaxMethods Twitter account had not posted in more than two years, since February 20, 2011. The account is not verified and only has 268 followers.

Sony Music Entertainment is continuing to work around the clock to remove dozens of video uploads of the track from YouTube.

http://www.damienshields.com/michae...-rhythm-remixed-as-a-duet-with-justin-bieber/

This is nothing compared to releasing fake songs on an official album!

hoping for some kind of statement from the estate around michael's birthday regarding a new album. featuring michael's solo demo of slave to the rythm, this is really pissing me off. i need some good news. jamming to STTR (Michael Only :D) Blue Gangsta and 12 o'clock on repeat :)

some positive news:

for those interested (and I guess there are many): the lossless and finished Tricky mix has been leaked (as expected as a reaction to that horrible Bieber mix)
[note: "Main Mix V5" is a fan-made tag!]

This is nothing compared to releasing fake songs on an official album!

Both things are disrespectful but in different ways

StellaJackson;3889211 said:
Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson’s views on the style of music used:

“Michael Jackson didn’t like techno music at all.”

Yeah, the Tricky Stewart version is also stranger to Michael. I'd like to hear the original.

Makes me sick that this is posted all over the internet as a Justin Bieber track that merely 'features' Michael Jackson. Ridiculous. Bieber's vocals are horrible on it.

This really shows just how big of an ego Justin Beiber has if he thinks he's good enough to remove some of MJ's vocals and replace them with his own.
This.

I hate the techno kind of feel this song has, I like Michael's version so much better.
Not to mention the ad-libs where Bieber sings EXACTLY the same lines as Michael. He should have left Michael's ad-libs as they were.

All in all, I wish Bieber would keep his hands off Michael's ART.

Back