MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

Well this totally spiralled out of control to the point where beliebers are tweeting MJ fans pictures of his dead body..
Yes, Justin would be proud when he finds out. ~sarcasm~

I wish the Estate would just give some clarity on things so we can all let it go.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

I saw many artist in history. Forexample "New Kids On The Block" - anyone remember them?

Girls loved them. And always they said; I'm in love with them. They were screaming; "Jordaannnnnn I love you...." If I've chance to see a girl(s) from my childhood I'll ask them; how is your love :) Are u still listening New Kids On The Block :D

and yes they were better than Justin... They were better than Nsync, Back Street Boys etc... They could dance, sing...

Last edited:

Also, much as I don't really rate Justin Bieber, give the kid a break for goodness sake!

He's not a kid anymore. He's a grown man

This desire to see MJ get a no 1 hit at all costs among some fans is so puzzling to me. He's not here to enjoy the success. Even if he could see what is happening, how could he be proud of it anyway? A butchered version of a song he worked hard on going to no 1 because the fans of an untalented teen star are buying everything that gets put out nowadays anyway?

I honestly do not get it.

Great the song certainly doesn't need Justin Bieber over Michael vocals ( And spoiling it for a release by leaking it ) it was already perfect.

And those that said its just a song ... WTF - ALL WE HAVE IS SONGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO. We certainly are not wanting people singing over perfectly great songs of Michael Jacksons. I don't get anyone condoning that .. Or thinking it is in any way a good thing. You are creeping me out .. THIS SONG IS GREAT and many of us have been waiting for its release.. I don't think we are over reacting. I cried over it. I wanted so BAD for Michael.. that his song be released so the world could listen how great he was singing it. Its for MICHAEL .. that we want this for. I dont understand fans wanting or agreeing that someone else should be singing it _ that breaks my heart to hear. I DON'T GET IT :cry: well I do considering _ I have to realise that Michael doesn't come first to some.

I thought when you guys search over & over for something you bring it up to the top of the search engine? So why keep searching for this song? Aren't people helping it to be more visible?

Nope, the first time I searched it it came up like that....

Great the song certainly doesn't need Justin Bieber over Michael vocals ( And spoiling it for a release by leaking it ) it was already perfect.

And those that said its just a song ... WTF - ALL WE HAVE IS SONGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO. We certainly are not wanting people singing over perfectly great songs of Michael Jacksons. I don't get anyone condoning that .. Or thinking it is in any way a good thing. You are creeping me out .. THIS SONG IS GREAT and many of us have been waiting for its release.. I don't think we are over reacting. I cried over it. I wanted so BAD for Michael.. that his song be released so the world could listen how great he was singing it. Its for MICHAEL .. that we want this for. I dont understand fans wanting or agreeing that someone else should be singing it _ that breaks my heart to hear. I DON'T GET IT :cry: well I do considering _ I have to realise that Michael doesn't come first to some.

I completely agree, this could have been a chart hit, but now that this arsehole has leaked it it will never do as well as it otherwise would have done.....they have to release it now. It would be somewhat acceptable if they released the remix as a bonus on some cd, similar to the pitbull remix, but they must make the original the main track, and not just promote the jb one...but even then, I don't want this weed smoking, spitting punk on an mj album. He has done nothing to prove himself as an artist....

This. Especially the bold. I don't understand it either. I'm baffled. Why would we want anyone but Michael singing on the unreleased songs? They are the only "new" releases we have to look forward to now. And it's getting ruined.

Sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record here, but I just cannot stop pondering about this "getting MJ to #1" idea, as it just seems so foreign to me. It made me look up the transcript of the Getmusic.com interview Michael did in 2001. In it, he compared the process of writing and releasing his songs to having and raising children.

Anthony: Tell us a little bit about the new album. It's your first new record in 6 years. Uh, do you still get exited when you have something come out? Obviously you've accomplished so much over the years. You know, do you still feel that, like, "Wow, I wonder what people are gonna think" or, you know, feel all of that kind of anticipation?

Michael: I kinda parallel it to a, uh, you know... It's like the gestation process of, uh, birth. You know, it's a... You know, it's like having children, and having to raise them and bring them out into the world, and once they get into the world they're on their own. So, it's, it's, very exciting. I mean, you never get too used to it, ever. It's, uh, an incredible process.

Many musicians see their songs this way. You see them go from nothing but an idea, through an intense process of creating, resculpting, recording and mixing, all the way to a full-fledged, finished track. We know how dear his songs were to Michael, who sometimes held amazing tracks back for several years just because he felt they had not fully come to fruition yet.

Writing a song is not, or should not be, just a way to get a #1 record. Music is art. Creating it is a deeply personal process. This is why I feel Michael's soul and spirit in an untouched demo, and at best only glimpses of it in a song that was 'finished' or remixed by another producer.

To me, it just feels awful that this idea that started in Michael's mind and which he laboured on throughout the years, has now made its way out into the world as a 'duet' with an untalented, overhyped teenager who Michael never even met, and with completely redone music that most likely has nothing to do with what Michael had in mind. I could not care less whether it gets to #1, quite frankly...

Last edited:

Sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record here, but I just cannot stop pondering about this "getting MJ to #1" idea, as it just seems so foreign to me. It made me look up the transcript of the Getmusic.com interview Michael did in 2001. In it, he compared the process of writing and releasing his songs to having and raising children.

Many musicians see their songs this way. You see them go from nothing but an idea, through an intense process of creating, resculpting, recording and mixing, all the way to a full-fledged, finished track. We know how dear his songs were to Michael, who sometimes held amazing tracks back for several years just because he felt they had not fully come to fruition yet.

Writing a song is not, or should not be, just a way to get a #1 record. Music is art. Creating it is a deeply personal process. This is why I feel Michael's soul and spirit in an untouched demo, and at best only glimpses of it in a song that was 'finished' or remixed by another producer.

To me, it just feels awful that this idea that started in Michael's mind and which he laboured on throughout the years, has now made its way out into the world as a 'duet' with an untalented, overhyped teenager who Michael never even met, and with completely redone music that most likely has nothing to do with what Michael had in mind.

^^This, I don't know why people are trying to make excuses for this

Chris and DJ your discussion has been moved to the STTR Video thread in Michaelmania. Feel free to continue discussing that topic in there. Thanks

Works both ways;
2iij3ix.png

You can't use things like that to prove a clearly biased one sided agenda. It just doesn't work.

STTR was recorded in '99/2000 right? And is an Invincible outtake?

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

Prince's reaction is just rude imo

Agreed. Michael was never rude to anyone publicly. Prince could learn a lot from his father. Like Bieber or not, at least he has worked hard and achieved something.

Last edited:

It's a great song. Get some remixes on it, get it released. Bieber or no Bieber. Will be so nice to see people dancing to a new MJ tune. There is so much negativity around with the trial and everything else. Let's just dance! :)

It's a great song. Get some remixes on it, get it released. Bieber or no Bieber. Will be so nice to see people dancing to a new MJ tune. There is so much negativity around with the trial and everything else. Let's just dance! :)

As I have said, if he sings one verse, in a remix, it will be a bit less insulting to mj's legacy, but I would rather they just put out the original....mainly because of the kind of person he is. Spitting on people, grabbing fans chests, acting like a spoiled brat, treating his fans like crap....I could go on, but I'm getting tired of repeating myself...

Lol.. I just remembered that MJ did not originally write Slave to the Rhythm. Maybe changes the argument I wanted to make above slightly, though I think the point remains the same.

It's as if a long-lost Da Vinci painting appears out of nowhere. You don't want a modern artist to add his touches to it before you present it to the public. Maybe let some experts clean it up or something but don't add anything that changes the core of the song. Adding vocals is not acceptable in my opinion.

It's as if a long-lost Da Vinci painting appears out of nowhere. You don't want a modern artist to add his touches to it before you present it to the public. Maybe let some experts clean it up or something but don't add anything that changes the core of the song. Adding vocals is not acceptable in my opinion.
That's an example I used to explain to my non-fan friend and she understood me immediately after.

STTR was recorded in '99/2000 right? And is an Invincible outtake?

Dangerous outtake.

Wasnt MJ once a 19 year-old singer too? Didnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans? Yes, he did.
Or
Doesnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans now? Yes, he has.

Justin, like MJ in 1971-...1977-1978-1979...1982..., has the exact right to have his pretty young fans who can buy HIS songs, like those pretty young fans who bought MJs records decades ago.
Whats the problem?

I see Moonwalker.Fan has been banned now (something that I can only applause because his/her constant negativity towards Michael, including insinuations of Michael being a child molester, regardless of the topic started to remind me of a troll), but let me say this: yes, Michael too was a teen bopper once. But to make the transition to a respected adult artist he made Off The Wall. Where is Justin Bieber's Off The Wall?

Michael did not take an unreleased song by a dead artist, earsed vocals of that artist from the song and copied himself onto it to try to earn artistic respect and acknowledgement, but he created Off The Wall. HUGE difference!

MJ wanted Gaga for his TII tour, if MJ didnt want her, fans would attack her for wanting to collaborate with MJs music or himself..., like what MJ said is OK, and what the other say, is not OK, because they can degrade MJ?

I wish people stopped referring to this Lady Gaga stuff as if it was fact. There is no evidence Michael really wanted to work with Lady Gaga. Could be self-promotion by Gaga's camp.

Last edited:

The only people I've seen defending that thing like JB or hardcore beliebers. It's degraded because Michael has never needed him, he has tons of credibility and respect and JB has nothing of it. That's why the vast majority is outraged by only the mere fact it exists, official or not.

Because the charts count, and the sales...? well... have you seen the Billboard anniversary chart? Have you read any relevant book about music and sales? Where is MJ?
What MJ fans think about MJ is irrelevant of out the community. The only official statistics count what matters...

So, you're basically saying that Tchaikovsky, Ravel, Debussy, and other classical music composers are just a bunch of dead guys whose music doesn't matter because it's not in the charts, huh? You might say it's not a fair comparison, but if we speak about art and its own value, despite commercial success or the lack thereof, it is absolutely relevant. I listen to many obscure contemporary artists who will never enter any pop charts, and I am not one bit upset about it. I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the great music they create. I respect Michael and his legacy tremendously, so it hurts me to see his art blemished by such abominations of songs. I don't know about you, but I think a little-known release full of original demos would be a lot nicer than a hit record consisting of a few poor remixes and, possibly, fake songs; just because this is what sells.

Also, we may repeat over and over that MJ's legacy won't get hurt by a few crappy songs, but why even risk it? It makes no sense. If you have enough material for a quality album, you don't need to get involved with some popular amateurs in order to create hype. I refuse to even call them "artists" because they're only good at making money, not art.

To me, it just feels awful that this idea that started in Michael's mind and which he laboured on throughout the years, has now made its way out into the world as a 'duet' with an untalented, overhyped teenager who Michael never even met, and with completely redone music that most likely has nothing to do with what Michael had in mind. I could not care less whether it gets to #1, quite frankly...

Exactly! I'm glad some people still understand music is not about getting to no. 1 or, especially, making loads of money. This is what all these corporate sharks want us to believe, and, thus, try and feed us with crap. It's up to us to tell them to go to hell with it.

Last edited:

I am not one of those people with a deep-seated hatred for Justin Bieber - he seems kinda annoying, but I do not waste my time thinking about him - but mentioning Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson in the same breath when it comes to their artistry is absolutely insulting. When I hear that, I just think of all those hours MJ put in, working to propel his singular talent to even greater heights. Beyond the fact that they were both child stars, there is no comparison. This song was never intended to be a duet, let alone with this kid who no one had even heard of when Michael passed away. Whoever had the bright idea to let Bieber sing on this track clearly has zero respect for Michael's artistry and legacy, and seems solely focused on making a quick buck.

Michael worked on this track multiple times throughout the years. To first see a producer come in and brag about destroying the original production, and to then see this song being covered by a kid with very limited ability who everybody will have forgotten about in a few years, is just an absolute shame.

Thank you.

I do not hate Justin Bieber either. But his music is not very good, interesting or exciting. It's just generic teen pop. Maybe in a couple of years he makes a successful transition to an adult star but as of now he's not a serious artist but a teen bopper and I think it's an insult to Michael to be associated with an act like him.

Don't even go there, mate. You think Justin has been in an argument 100 + times defending MJ for being accused of 100 + different things?

Don't think so, Jeff.

He's not just doing a remix, he is interrupting MJ singing a song vocally finished, putting it out for the world. Disrespect is what that is. It's almost the same as taking a released MJ song and doing the same thing.

I think it's actually worse than taking a released song and doing the same. At least of the released song everyone would know what the original was and how it was originally intended by the artists.

I see Moonwalker.Fan has been banned now (something that I can only applause because his/her constant negativity towards Michael, including insinuations of Michael being a child molester, regardless of the topic started to remind me of a troll), but let me say this: yes, Michael too was a teen bopper once. But to make the transition to a respected adult artist he made Off The Wall. Where is Justin Bieber's Off The Wall?

Michael did not take an unreleased song by a dead artist, earsed vocals of that artist from the song and copied himself onto it to try to earn artistic respect and acknowledgement, but he created Off The Wall. HUGE difference!

I wish people stopped referring to this Lady Gaga stuff as if it was fact. There is no evidence Michael really wanted to work with Lady Gaga. Could be self-promotion by Gaga's camp.

Totally agree on your post, Michael didn't replace Biggie's rap from Unbreakable for his vocals and gave him credit. And if he used music from other composers, he didn't rearrange the score for his own and gave them credit for it.

Yeah, it's tiring to hear those rumors all over again when Kenny Ortega called her out to say it wasn't true. I read a tweet of his but I don't know if he said that in an interview or something like that.

You guys are seriously exaggerating this. Its just a song guys. MJ is unfortunately dead, and we / you must be prepared that it will come more remixes etc. Please stop this bullshit.
Some fans of BIGGIE liked maybe not that Michael used the vocals on Unbreakable. Some Beatles fans surely didnt like that Michael sang Come Together. Stop this nonsense, it's just a song - ignore the songs you dont like and enjoy the next album.

Do you realize it's not the same to cover an already released song as what Bieber did? Michael is getting covered all the time by various artists and we may like some and not like others, but morally, legally and artistically that is acceptable and MJ fans do not get upset about that. Had Bieber covered Rock With You, there would have been comments of whether people like it or not, but that would have been it. This is a totally different situation.

As for Biggie - Biggie was a huge fan of Michael and the two of them actually worked together and Biggie was very proud to be invited to work with Michael. Nor did Michael earsed Biggie's vocals to replace them with his own. Again a totally different situation.

I thought when you guys search over & over for something you bring it up to the top of the search engine? So why keep searching for this song? Aren't people helping it to be more visible?

Actually I have not searched over and over for the Bieber version. I only typed in "Slave to the Rhythm".

Really!!!!? I thought it was a vince outtake - it sounds so fresh and modern for it to be a 1989 song. was it re-worked on for vince or is that the version we've got the same as the '89 version?

Yeah it would of gone nicley on the Dangerous album.

Back