MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

And I noticed that it's still all over youtube....I thought they were taking it down...

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

:D

I hope they are doing some legal work in the background, otherwise I'm really disappointed in them. They virtually let Bieber steal Michael's song. The media reports about it as if it's legit. On social media it's discussed as if it's legit. But to be honest I suspect the Estate does have something to do with giving it to Bieber and they really considered this "duet", that's why they do not say anything publicly.
Exactly. The fire should have been put out instantly (actually it should have never been started in the first place, but alas). This track has spread now and it is not being reported anywhere that it the recording was not authorized (whatever that means...). No wonder when you only send out a very vague statement to fans and fanclubs on your mailing list.

Is MJJC's tweet legit? Bieber pirated the demo version online to record his vocals into it then remix it?

"BREAKING NEWS - @justinbieber illegally downloaded and recorded his own crappy version of an iconic legendary #MJ song #BieberStopPiracyNow"

https://twitter.com/MJJCommunity/status/368916533801521152

Gene simmons called MJ a paedophile and he never get treated as harshly by MJ fans. Justin is one of us and did more for MJ with his fame than any of us ever could. And, he's just doing a remix of MJ's songs like some of the fans had, so I don't get the hate towards him.

Gene simmons called MJ a paedophile and he never get treated as harshly by MJ fans. Justin is one of us and did more for MJ with his fame than any of us ever could. And, he's just doing a remix of MJ's songs like some of the fans had, so I don't get the hate towards him.

Don't even go there, mate. You think Justin has been in an argument 100 + times defending MJ for being accused of 100 + different things?

Don't think so, Jeff.

He's not just doing a remix, he is interrupting MJ singing a song vocally finished, putting it out for the world. Disrespect is what that is. It's almost the same as taking a released MJ song and doing the same thing.

Is MJJC's tweet legit? Bieber pirated the demo version online to record his vocals into it then remix it?

"BREAKING NEWS - @justinbieber illegally downloaded and recorded his own crappy version of an iconic legendary #MJ song #BieberStopPiracyNow"

https://twitter.com/MJJCommunity/status/368916533801521152
No its not legit .. Its sarcasm ..

I if am disgusted of all this annual stock sale which one makes of the “jewels” of MICHAEL JACKSON !!!

Nothing any more has direction, more respect for nothing MAT:

Gene Simmons got blasted by MJ fans and this is about ruining the release of a great MJ song with his vocals that were already finished and then leaking it to ruin the chances of a proper release for the fans. Plus all the other shenanigans of Bieber trying to rip off MJ. He did nothing for MJ's popularity IMO .. Why would MJ need Bieber to boost his popularity .. he is still the King of Pop the GREATEST with or without him. NO he is NOT one of us .. His actions in constantly trying to rip off MJ for his own gain shows he doesn't respect... It not this one thing, but this is by far the worst thing he could have done. Taken a perfectly great MJ song record and his own voice over it IS arrogant .. Like he could make it better_ NOT

Lou...der? XD

The track is lossless. Leave it this way. You can't possibly make it any better.

Off topic

It always making at mastering process. I'll not touch anything, just try to volume level up (there will be no distortion, I'll be careful, when you listen you'll hear difference. Like I did Munich concert)

He's an arsehole.....and remixing mj's song and putting more of his vocals than mj's is totally disrespectful. Remixing it and leaking it is even more disrespect, now all of his fans think it's his song. He annoys the hell out of me!!

And, he's just doing a remix of MJ's songs like some of the fans had, so I don't get the hate towards him.

but unlike the fan made remixes, this one got airplay and was presented as a JB song....

Call Michael Jackson a pedophile; 10 minutes hate and a few links get sent your way informing of the truth.
Sing on a song and decide for it to not get released but later it is leaked; MJ's legacy is "shamed" "embarrased" "ruined".

When Escape leaked was that MJ's team trying to create a buzz? No it wasn't. There is no reason Justin needs a buzz around his music right now, there's things coming but not for months. If he's all behind this trying to steal the KOP throne, get himself even more famous etc he would've done this right when new songs are coming. So unless JB releases new material in the next week or 2, I will be proven wrong.

You guys are seriously exaggerating this. Its just a song guys. MJ is unfortunately dead, and we / you must be prepared that it will come more remixes etc. Please stop this bullshit.
Some fans of BIGGIE liked maybe not that Michael used the vocals on Unbreakable. Some Beatles fans surely didnt like that Michael sang Come Together. Stop this nonsense, it's just a song - ignore the songs you dont like and enjoy the next album.

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

You guys are seriously exaggerating this. Its just a song guys. MJ is unfortunately dead, and we / you must be prepared that it will come more remixes etc. Please stop this bullshit.
Some fans of BIGGIE liked maybe not that Michael used the vocals on Unbreakable. Some Beatles fans surely didnt like that Michael sang Come Together. Stop this nonsense, it's just a song - ignore the songs you dont like and enjoy the next album.

hqdefault.jpg

PA-15964408-copy.jpg

justin-bieber.png

Justin-Bieber-skull-mask-400x470.jpg

JB-plz-stop-copying-Michael-Jackson-justin-bieber-vs-michael-jackson-21892757-410-410.jpg

justin-bieber-crotch-grab-1109-04-435x580.jpg

A8LHJfRCEAA8uLp.jpg:large

Justin-Bieber-Boyfriend-music-video-Michael-Jackson-2012-Believe-400x300.jpg

STOP-to-imitates-MICHAEL-JACKSON-justin-bieber-17847772-720-442.jpg

STOP-to-imitates-MICHAEL-JACKSON-justin-bieber-17847774-584-720.jpg

Speed-demon-MJ-skittlez-d-34364312-319-400.jpg

Hadn't check this since the leak. Wow! People have been spending a lot of time here on this one. I get it fans Biebs shouldn't have gone there. What if the estate gave it to him? Just think that song has been around for years anyone can have it if they want it. Blame the estate they should have released it in full for the 2010 album. They dropped the ball on that. It's too late to release it now so who cares really. Atleast the Beibs idolizes MJ like we do. If its not o e thing it will be another just give it a week or so. MJ has been dead for years and the shit still happens to him. A lot have musicians have remixed his songs or covered them. Yes the Beibs is a little bit of a douch but who really cares. This song is popular already.

Those scenarios are incomparable to this one. Biggie had already worked with Michael. Michael used a sample from an already released Biggie song. Come Together had already been released by the Beatles. Michael just recorded a cover. Not to mention he legally owned the rights. JB has taken a complete, unreleased Mj song, which could be a potentially huge hit, and removed more than half of Michael's vocals and put his own in there. Totally different.

I think the anger over this issue has not been directed so much towards Bieber here. Initially people were mainly angry with the Estate for allowing this to happen. This might have changed a bit since the Estate made their vague comment, since it is now not entirely clear who is responsible for this, but I think people are mainly just upset over the fact that this has happened.

that's Birchey's

Gene Simmons got blasted by MJ fans and this is about ruining the release of a great MJ song with his vocals that were already finished and then leaking it to ruin the chances of a proper release for the fans. Plus all the other shenanigans of Bieber trying to rip off MJ. He did nothing for MJ's popularity IMO .. Why would MJ need Bieber to boost his popularity .. he is still the King of Pop the GREATEST with or without him. NO he is NOT one of us .. His actions in constantly trying to rip off MJ for his own gain shows he doesn't respect... It not this one thing, but this is by far the worst thing he could have done. Taken a perfectly great MJ song record and his own voice over it IS arrogant .. Like he could make it better_ NOT
I think a lot of what he did is out of love and admiration for MJ. Plus, he give credit to MJ whenever he gets the chance to and always openly acknowledge MJ unlike some artists such as Justin timberlake who didnt even want to admit that he's inpired by MJ you see. But everyone sees things differently.

If this is what you called rip off, then I'd say there is no artists out there who haven't rip-ed off him! lol I can show you hundreds of photos and videos of other artists western, asians, indians who rip MJ off. lol

When I search "Slave to the Rhythm" on YT the vast majority that comes up is the Bieber version. This is a nightmare. Bieber virtually hijacked Michael's song. The Estate should really do something about it. Unless they are in it.

I thought when you guys search over & over for something you bring it up to the top of the search engine? So why keep searching for this song? Aren't people helping it to be more visible?

If this is what you called rip off, then I'd say there is no artists out there who haven't rip-ed off him! lol I can show you hundreds of photos and videos of other artists western, asians, indians who rip MJ off. lol

If you dont get it, I can't make you get it. You are welcome to your opinion

slibnp.jpg

Justin-Bieber-Snake.jpg

Haaaa something is really wrong with this kid. I don't know if it is a strange form of mimicry, or him thinking if he copy these things he will become an artistic legend.

I haven't yet commented on this song.

I feel really on the fence about it.

One thing I've had a problem with since Michael passed is the Estate failing to capture the attention of the industry. Simply putting together a nice little package of MJ stuff and releasing it quietly never seemed to be enough for me. I wanted the Estate to really keep MJ 'up' there in a way. To me, what he deserved.

So in numerous topics of the years I've been pointed out their failings and making suggestions as to how they can really reignite some spark when it comes to MJ releases. And something like this track COULD do that. But at what cost? And I agree with the vast majority who are unhappy that it's Beiber. But what I will say is, without hearing MJs original arrangement, the little adlibs that Beiber has added into the chorus actually make this a more interesting song - from a commerical point of view. The chorus to me was always a little underwhelming on that 2010 version.

I also don't think the 2010 version is a mega hit in waiting. It still needs some work to get there. The music/arrangement of this new version definitely sounds more releaseable, more complete, fuller, in a way. However, that said, it still does sound a little too 'cheap' and really, as I imagine it, far and away from the direction MJ would have taken it in.

I think the fans are totally overreacting to this.

First of all, Michael is not here. For the Sony/Estate to get any interest in a recording - demo, remixed, unreleased or anything - they are going to need to whip up some interest.

Let's remember, that Sony paid a lot of money for the rights to distribute "new" MJ material. I doubt with the lukewarm response so far to the releases made, they are going to risk the next one.

It's fairly obvious to me that Michael's vocals are crisp on this "duet" recording, so it is something that Sony/Estate are working on. Their vague statement suggests that this is a premature leak.

We know about the Freddie/Michael songs being polished, so perhaps a "duets" album is on it's way.

Should Bieber be involved? Well the question is, do we want the song to go to number 1 or not? STTR is a great track - many fans, including myself would love to see it go to number 1 on it's own merit (it still might) but MJ is not here to promote it. And the fact is, Justin has millions of fans. Would I prefer it to be a duet with Stevie Wonder? Hell, yes, but will it sell as much?

Michael was all about numbers, being number 1. He also often worked with whoever was "current" - let's not forget even some of his choices could be a bit dubious - Kriss Kross, Eddie Murphy, NSync...

I predict that this is one of many "duet" tracks.

It's highly likely that if released as a single, it'll be a double A side - solo and duet version. Everyone is happy.

For once, can we just enjoy the fact that EVERYONE is talking about how they like the track. It's been leaked before and just fans heard about it.

Also, much as I don't really rate Justin Bieber, give the kid a break for goodness sake!

rmx58.jpg

Shows what reality is... So justin can dream, but no chance...

I'm still listening Billie Jean. Any fan of him listens BABY everyday... If they, interesting :) Good song to listen everyday..

bbaaabbby baabbbyyy alllrrriiighhhhhhhht...

And 30 years later nobody will remember him, and his fans will not listen his songs.

Last edited:
Back