MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

The only vocals were recorded in 1989. MJ never worked with Tricky but he wanted to. There were plans to work together.. Tricky confirmed on twitter that the vocals are from 1989.

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

After listening to the MJ only version I noticed that his vocals sound like the INVINCIBLE era. Although the song was recorded in 1989, could this be a re-recorded version for the VINCE project? His voice sounds so much mature if you compare it to the 'Dangerous' era.

Ain't you surprised too that these low vocals are from 70s? I think he could manipulate his voice a lot if he wanted to.

http://youtu.be/3r1ssg1LIt4?t=3m34s

Great, the media reports about it as if it's legit. The Estate should really make a PUBLIC statement, not just sending e-mails to fan clubs.

Michael Jackson track Slave 2 The Rhythm featuring Justin Bieber leaks online
Saturday 17 Aug 2013 4:57 pm
13Use ← → keys to
Jackson track featuring Bieber debuts online
Justin Bieber has revealed his reworked version of Michael Jackson’s Slave 2 The Rhythm (Picture: Getty Images)
A song Michael Jackson recorded before his death in June 2009 – featuring added vocals from Justin Bieber – has been leaked online.

The track, Slave 2 The Rhythm, was a relatively obscure Jackson track which originally appeared online in 2010.

However the reworked version, featuring added vocals from Bieber, not only surfaced online on Friday but also received its first ever radio play on Capital FM.

The Boyfriend singer took to Twitter shortly before the song appeared to hint at its impending release.

‘Excited for what is to come. MJ set the bar,’ Bieber said. ‘Not only for music but for being an entertainer and how u treat fans.’

He added: ‘Wish he was here. All of it is not always easy but it is a blessing. We can change the world. I’m up for the challenge. Big things ahead! #greatness . love you.’

Bieber, who is reportedly also keen on buying the late singer’s former home Neverland, has made no secret of his admiration for Jackson.

‘I’ve been watching videos of his concert tours over and over,’ the singer said, adding: ‘He’s my inspiration.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/17/micha...featuring-justin-bieber-leaks-online-3927879/

I really don't trust Estate anymore... We are talking this for 2 days and we have not nothing from estate....

They don't really care about us...

I'm sure at end we will see like this; "Justin bieber released his new single; Slave to the Rhythm.."

Estate just will watch, like doin' now...

So what is your job, why do you exist? If you will not protect Michael's songs, legacy, what are u doing there!??! If you are not in, stop this!!!

Last edited:

I really don't trust Estate anymore... We are talking this for 2 days and we have not nothing from estate....

They don't really care about us...

I'm sure at end we will see like this; "Justin bieber relased his new single; Slave to the Rhythm.."

Estate just will watch, like doin' now...

I hope they are doing some legal work in the background, otherwise I'm really disappointed in them. They virtually let Bieber steal Michael's song. The media reports about it as if it's legit. On social media it's discussed as if it's legit. But to be honest I suspect the Estate does have something to do with giving it to Bieber and they really considered this "duet", that's why they do not say anything publicly.

I hope they are doing some legal work in the background, otherwise I'm really disappointed in them. They virtually let Bieber steal Michael's song. The media reports about it as if it's legit. On social media it's discussed as if it's legit. But to be honest I suspect the Estate does have something to do with giving it to Bieber and they really considered this "duet", that's why they do not say anything publicly.

It's a pity the MJ Estate couldn't keep this song under wraps until it was ready to be released. Max Methods already tweeted this isn't the final mix and I'm sure the final version would have had less JB and more MJ.

I always knew this song had the most hit potential of the unreleased MJ songs I have heard and I was right. MJ's solo version (even Tricky's) needed a slightly more up to date sound and the JB version has it.

This song could be HUGE if it was released properly. The hype alone is getting it plenty of coverage on the net.

The MJ Estate have gone a bit quiet so I guess something's happening in the background. If the MJ Estate ever intended for a MJ/JB collaboration to happen (even if they cancelled it prior to the leak) then they should just capitalise on this now. If there is a more finished version they need to release it to radio immediately.
Katy Perry and Lady Gaga had singles leak recently and they did exactly that release them earlier. You have to otherwise the effort is wasted and you can't make a return on your investment.
I hope that an official version is released in the coming days, they release it to radio, and they put it on itunes. At least that way the MJ Estate will earn money from the song.

Both the MJ Estate and JB have gone quiet and are no longer addressing this song publicly. That leads me to believe something is going on behind the scenes. If the single was supposed to support an as yet unannounced and unfinished album, then they can still release the single. It wouldn't be the first time a single is released months before an album is released, and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last.

Is MJJC's tweet legit? Bieber pirated the demo version online to record his vocals into it then remix it?

"BREAKING NEWS - @justinbieber illegally downloaded and recorded his own crappy version of an iconic legendary #MJ song #BieberStopPiracyNow"

https://twitter.com/MJJCommunity/status/368916533801521152

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

The MJ Estate obviously planned this 'duet' otherwise they wouldn't have released the vocals to JB and co.
Max Methods has already stated the leaked version wasn't the final mix, and for all we know it may have had more MJ vocals left intact.
Anyway, the track has leaked now and it's getting positive response from just about everybody but MJ fans.
The MJ Estate will make a big mistake if they don't release the final mix of the song officially now. They should at least make some money from this mess, and the song cannot possibly hurt MJ's legacy. As Morinan said, a successful collaboration with Bieber may actually benefit MJ by demonstrating how much respect current artists have for MJ.

I actually like the new instumental and have no strong hatred of JB appearing on the track - I would rather there be more MJ and less JB - and like the general idea of MJ Tracks being released as duets, especially when MJ didn't finish the vocal tracks himself. The MJ Estate should make the best of a bad situation. Release the track officially, send it to radio, put it on itunes.

Shame on the MJ Estate/Sony if they really considered/consider to associate MJ's name with Justin Bieber. I still hope Bieber just somehow stole/illegally got hold of the song, but I think the Estate is probably involved. Why are some people so desperate to want to see MJ's name on today's crappy charts even at the price of artistic integrity? Yeah, Bieber's 13-14 year old fans will go out and buy it and make it a hit. I don't think MJ fans could be particularly proud of such an "achievement".

Are MJJC suggesting JB got a demo that only included MJ vocals??
I don't see how they could have done this with the low res Tricky Stewart.

Shame on the MJ Estate/Sony if they really considered/consider to associate MJ's name with Justin Bieber. I still hope Bieber just somehow stole/illegally got hold of the song, but I think the Estate is probably involved. Why are some people so desperate to want to see MJ's name on today's crappy charts even at the price of artistic integrity?

MJ is dead. Nothing the MJ Estate do can impact MJ's artistic integrity.
Releasing a collaboration with another artist will not impact MJ's own career success, impact on popular culture, or the respect given to him. People are able to separate what MJ did during his life and what the MJ Estate may do now he's dead.

The MJ Estate obviously planned this 'duet' otherwise they wouldn't have released the vocals to JB and co.
Max Methods has already stated the leaked version wasn't the final mix, and for all we know it may have had more MJ vocals left intact.
Anyway, the track has leaked now and it's getting positive response from just about everybody but MJ fans.
The MJ Estate will make a big mistake if they don't release the final mix of the song officially now. They should at least make some money from this mess, and the song cannot possibly hurt MJ's legacy. As Morinan said, a successful collaboration with Bieber may actually benefit MJ by demonstrating how much respect current artists have for MJ.

I actually like the new instumental and have no strong hatred of JB appearing on the track - I would rather there be more MJ and less JB - and like the general idea of MJ Tracks being released as duets, especially when MJ didn't finish the vocal tracks himself. The MJ Estate should make the best of a bad situation. Release the track officially, send it to radio, put it on itunes.

Are you saying they should release the mj/bieber duet or the mj solo version??

bieberschew93zmi8uy6.gif

I like Prince !
Prince :laugh:
I love that kid.

Couldn´t it be producers or others who worked in the studio with Michael who had a copy of the song?

Is MJJC's tweet legit? Bieber pirated the demo version online to record his vocals into it then remix it?

"BREAKING NEWS - @justinbieber illegally downloaded and recorded his own crappy version of an iconic legendary #MJ song #BieberStopPiracyNow"

https://twitter.com/MJJCommunity/status/368916533801521152

Can MJJC comment on the source of this tweet?

you can add to first message :)
Nice, but you should have used the newly leaked STTR official mix, which is much better. Much clearer vocals, echo, better bass, better sound quality, etc.

As for the Estate, It's funny how the only thing they have done is send out 2 tiny statements via emails to MJ fans and MJ communities they have on their "e-mail list". How about making it more official... Don't have the balls I assume.

Where is it, I don't have it. If someone send me I can make another edit for that version.

Thanks.

Where is it, I don't have it. If someone send me I can make another edit for that version.

Thanks.
Check PM

Just the thought of MJ being in heavy rotation while being associated with Justin Bieber makes me wanna puke. How embarassing that would be! And I don't care how many records they would sell just because 13-14 girls would buy it because of Bieber. There is such a thing as artisic integrity and on the long term it's more important than a moment of chart success.

Wasnt MJ once a 19 year-old singer too? Didnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans? Yes, he did.
Or
Doesnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans now? Yes, he has.

Justin, like MJ in 1971-...1977-1978-1979...1982..., has the exact right to have his pretty young fans who can buy HIS songs, like those pretty young fans who bought MJs records decades ago.
Whats the problem?

When MJ was accused he had stole classic music on his Dangerous album (Will you be there intro) and lost the case=settled, and was to pay millions, that was what? The artisic integrity?

A few people have mentioned the fact that this is one way for Michael to gain younger fans for his legacy to grow in the future. You know what I think? It's really a shame that some people/fans think Michael's legacy will only live on with the help of these low-grade, disrespectable artists of today. Michael didn't need them 20, 30, 40 years ago. He didn't even need them 5 years ago and he certainly doesn't need them today. It is ridiculous to say that the estate needs to collaborate with current artists for Michael Jackson to remain relevant. He's always been and always will be. Pairing him with current singers like Bieber puts him on their level and devalues his legacy, in my opinion. That is why I find this remix degrading. I don't care that the song isn't "official." The fact that it even exists and has been majorly leaked is damaging already. Most music today sucks as it is with only a few exceptions. He doesn't need Justin freaking Bieber's help to appeal to the new generation...Bieber can't even help himself. He's a joke. I know many children and teens of today's world who love MJ. He has a much broader and much more diverse fan base than Elvis and even Elvis' legacy is still pretty strong all these years later. Have a little faith in Michael Jackson, people. Ok I'm done. Sorry for the rant...just wanted to get that out.

Who was buing MJs records 40 years ago? Not mostly teen fans? Are teen fans irrelevant?
What I can see (its been for 20 years) that MJs fans, I should say - former fans, do not buy his records anymore.
MJ fans do not have any larger interest in MJs music and his songs.
For the last 15 years the fans support has declined drastically.

Anyway, why MJ fans want to strike a pose as those who can judge who or what low-grade, disrespectable artists of today are.
MJ wanted Gaga for his TII tour, if MJ didnt want her, fans would attack her for wanting to collaborate with MJs music or himself..., like what MJ said is OK, and what the other say, is not OK, because they can degrade MJ?
One of the biggest problem for MJ as the artist is some of his fans.
They want the others to be fair in many issues with MJ, and on the other hand, they are the same ignorant people towards the others like Bieber.
(MJ) fan forums are not the whole world, its the celect company for the members, and very often its a place for creating unreal bubbles, a fictitious world of fans consoling with ... who is the best in the world... their hero.
But reality is different.

This is a joke, right? Sigh
Why are people so obsessed with charts and sales? Who cares about that? It's art that matters. Besides, there will be no battles between anyone, no new songs, and no new videos, because Michael is not here to do any of that. Let the man rest, for god's sake.

Because the charts count, and the sales...? well... have you seen the Billboard anniversary chart? Have you read any relevant book about music and sales? Where is MJ?
What MJ fans think about MJ is irrelevant of out the community. The only official statistics count what matters...

Shame on the MJ Estate/Sony if they really considered/consider to associate MJ's name with Justin Bieber. I thought the Michael album was a one-off blunder and they learnt to respect Michael's art since then. I still hope Bieber just somehow stole/illegally got hold of the song, but I think the Estate is probably involved. Why are some people so desperate to want to see MJ's name on today's crappy charts even at the price of artistic integrity? Yeah, Bieber's 13-14 year old fans will go out and buy it and make it a hit. I don't think MJ fans could be particularly proud of such an "achievement".

Why do you judge Bieber? It would have been better if the other artists had had attacked MJ claiming: we dont want to associate with a peadophile? And thier fans could have refused to buy the songs associated with such a child abuser?

MJ fans should have been wiser before judging the other artists.

I personally am not 13, I like the idea of having JB and MJ on the song, it sounds cool, even its something like a demo, unfinished/remixed song, but I dont listen to the JB songs, dont buy his albums (though his latest album is... more than average for his age).

Are you saying they should release the mj/bieber duet or the mj solo version??
personally I think they should aim for chart success and release a version with Bieber. Not necessarily the one that leaked (because there's too much Bieber) but another mix that's more about mj.

The songs out there now, the horse has bolted, so they may as well embrace it because they won't be able to release an mj only version with any degree of chart success in the future imo. The surprise has been ruined.

Prince :laugh:
I love that kid.

Prince's reaction is just rude imo

my petition to get the demo of slave to the rythm from 1989 released by the estate has reached it's goal of 1,500 signatures in 2 days, thank you all, i have sent my petition to the estate via email. let's hope :')

No one is going to take you seriously, "Moonwalker.fan"

... excuse, me, but... why nobody questions the real issue - Michael did have a very suspicious thing for the boys, it can not be ignored! We can not say... or throw it away like something irrelevant, it does matter... its the fundamental tenet to argue about the allegations of molestation..
He was obsessed with boys, he did like/love to be surrounded by boys, the way he treated the boys who were not his relatives...

Most, I should say 99.99% of all MJ fans can talk about the every other thing but not MJs real relationships with boys, especially 12-13 y.o.

Thats why all the "accusers" can/are able to accuse MJ, MJ gave them the chances, the opportunities, the circumstances, the background, the storylines, HE created the myth, he never stopped until 2003, the LWMJ was the ultimate cause of his... downfall with... the ultimate sacrifice.

Whymost MJ fans want MJ to be innocent if they dont question him-self.

Go away is all I have to say.

Thanks Pentum, got it. But sounds mine is louder. No Problem, I'll make it louder, have some special tools (new version)

Why do you judge Bieber?

I judge him because of the way he acts, did you see his visit to the uk? He constantly acts like a spoiled immature brat. And now he's trying to use a MJ song to increase his popularity....smh. I just don't like him lol. The further away he stays from an MJ album the better IMO..

Thanks Pentum, got it. But sounds mine is louder. No Problem, I'll make it louder, have some special tools (new version)

Lou...der? XD

The track is lossless. Leave it this way. You can't possibly make it any better.

Lou...der? XD

The track is lossless. Leave it this way. You can't possibly make it any better.

Yeah, it sounds great too!

I judge him because of the way he acts, did you see his visit to the uk? He constantly acts like a spoiled immature brat. And now he's trying to use a MJ song to increase his popularity....smh. I just don't like him lol. The further away he stays from an MJ album the better IMO..

Exactly. Plus he's nor talented nor respected artist. And it's NOT OK to spit on other people. Who does he think he is?

%C2%A3%C2%A3-justin-bieber-spitting-on-fans-toronto-2096122.png

Wasnt MJ once a 19 year-old singer too? Didnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans? Yes, he did.
Or
Doesnt he have 13-14 y.o. girl fans now? Yes, he has.

Justin, like MJ in 1971-...1977-1978-1979...1982..., has the exact right to have his pretty young fans who can buy HIS songs, like those pretty young fans who bought MJs records decades ago.
Whats the problem?

When MJ was accused he had stole classic music on his Dangerous album (Will you be there intro) and lost the case=settled, and was to pay millions, that was what? The artisic integrity?

Who was buing MJs records 40 years ago? Not mostly teen fans? Are teen fans irrelevant?
What I can see (its been for 20 years) that MJs fans, I should say - former fans, do not buy his records anymore.
MJ fans do not have any larger interest in MJs music and his songs.
For the last 15 years the fans support has declined drastically.

Anyway, why MJ fans want to strike a pose as those who can judge who or what low-grade, disrespectable artists of today are.
MJ wanted Gaga for his TII tour, if MJ didnt want her, fans would attack her for wanting to collaborate with MJs music or himself..., like what MJ said is OK, and what the other say, is not OK, because they can degrade MJ?
One of the biggest problem for MJ as the artist is some of his fans.
They want the others to be fair in many issues with MJ, and on the other hand, they are the same ignorant people towards the others like Bieber.
(MJ) fan forums are not the whole world, its the celect company for the members, and very often its a place for creating unreal bubbles, a fictitious world of fans consoling with ... who is the best in the world... their hero.
But reality is different.

Because the charts count, and the sales...? well... have you seen the Billboard anniversary chart? Have you read any relevant book about music and sales? Where is MJ?
What MJ fans think about MJ is irrelevant of out the community. The only official statistics count what matters...

Why do you judge Bieber? It would have been better if the other artists had had attacked MJ claiming: we dont want to associate with a peadophile? And thier fans could have refused to buy the songs associated with such a child abuser?

MJ fans should have been wiser before judging the other artists.

I personally am not 13, I like the idea of having JB and MJ on the song, it sounds cool, even its something like a demo, unfinished/remixed song, but I dont listen to the JB songs, dont buy his albums (though his latest album is... more than average for his age).
I am not one of those people with a deep-seated hatred for Justin Bieber - he seems kinda annoying, but I do not waste my time thinking about him - but mentioning Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson in the same breath when it comes to their artistry is absolutely insulting. When I hear that, I just think of all those hours MJ put in, working to propel his singular talent to even greater heights. Beyond the fact that they were both child stars, there is no comparison. This song was never intended to be a duet, let alone with this kid who no one had even heard of when Michael passed away. Whoever had the bright idea to let Bieber sing on this track clearly has zero respect for Michael's artistry and legacy, and seems solely focused on making a quick buck.

Michael worked on this track multiple times throughout the years. To first see a producer come in and brag about destroying the original production, and to then see this song being covered by a kid with very limited ability who everybody will have forgotten about in a few years, is just an absolute shame.

Exactly. Plus he's nor talented nor respected artist. And it's NOT OK to spit on other people. Who does he think he is?

celeb.jpg

This is exactly the stuff i'm talking about. The fact the estate would even consider putting him on an mj track worries me, they better make a statement soon..

Back