MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

A very reliable news source as just informed me that Michael Jackson as turned over in his grave.

i love you for this hahah

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

If they plan to ever officially release sttr (hopefully Tricky + original version + the alternative let's call it clubmix (but without bieber :)) and hope for chart impact they need to act fast imo. Official digital + physical release should be in the coming weeks imo. To drag it for months is too long.

Last edited:

damn whats next? miley cirus ,lady gaga and ketty perry duets ? :)

If this all is a buildup to a new album of 10-12 unreleased original & indisputable MJ songs then i'm fine...

This time without debate & all MJ fa(n)mily joining together in happiness about each track - what a party would that be?

It took a while for me to believe that Wade Robson was accusing MJ for having sexually abused him.
I did not believe it! I thought it was another stupid lie from the media! However when I read the interviews of him on the internet and watched that stupid interview on TV I believed ...
Bieber did not comment about it on the internet or tv yet. There's nothing official.When I see it his statement like "I was talking to Paris on Skype one day and she sent me a song of her father then I mixed my voice on the computer and put on the internet because I thought it was cool" then I'll believe and he will NEVER have my support.He'll be on my black list.

Perhaps Sony is working on a cd project with duets like Freddie Mercury and they leaked this music to know people's reaction ... I do not know ... could be anything.

I have not seen an official statement from Bieber and Sony yet so I will not judge. I dont like people judging and bullying Mike then I'll not do the same with this kid....sorry.

Yes.I like Bieber since his first single One Time(my fav song of him).Yes.I'd like MJ and Bieber's duet.Sorry for disappoint you guys but I wont lie...

BUT Things should be done with common sense and responsibility. We're talking about Michael Jackson's legacy!

I'll wait and see what happens ...

I've just heard this mix and can honestly say that this is the equivalent of taking a chocolate cake and cover it in feces. And that's putting it mildly.

and the fact is, that the whole mj fan community is against this, and will boycott an album and or single with bieber on it.
sony&the estate for sure read all that in the mj forums. i hope that they dont forget what we said on the 'michael' album and now on this, and dont make that mistake again. cause then they will lost even more potential buyer. the damage was done with 'michael'. please dont continue it with this one.

i prefer a solo release. and i dont have a big problem to make a duet/feat. of this. but its the false artist. without further discussions.

Last edited:

No Bieber, please.

Last edited:
Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

bieberschew93zmi8uy6.gif

I like Prince !

:lol: you go Prince!

How I wish there were a gif of this moment too...

tumblr_m4pc3vbu1W1qif3pvo1_500.png

Sorry Paris but most of his fans are teenage girls and the majority doesn't respect him. It'd had been a disastrous move from the Estate if they had had any involvement and it's insulting to Michael. Fortunately the MJ online team said it's unauthorized and therefor with no intention to release it.

I'm in; if Michael songs will be a duet like this crap; I'm boycoting and never buy any album... I don't have money to give Sony, Estate or justin...

The estate are hanging on my a thread and if they give permission for this to be released then me and lots of other fans will be done with them

No Beliebers won't buy the album. They will download this one song and that will be it. They won't care for the rest of the album. At the end of the day MJ Estate/Sony will need MJ fans for the album to sell. But if they'd rather cater to fans of other artists and sh*t on MJ's own fans, that's a very, very short-sighted strategy from them and it will cause a huge backlash on the long term. And Bieber fans may love it, make it trending on Twitter etc. but that doesn't mean it's respectful to MJ as an artist. I'm not one of those people who think the end justifies the mean and the end should be chart success at any price. There is a price that is just simply not worth to pay at the expense of artistic integrity. Justin Bieber? Of all artists out there, Justin Bieber? Is that the level MJ's Estate/Sony rates MJ at? Give me a break!

And if Michael hated techno music then no techno music should be released under his name, period. I realize that there were remixes released on his records while he was alive, but apparently he did not like those either (he told so to fans) and with the exception of the HIStory song no such song was released as a single. He was not a techno artist. And to be honest, considering the lyrics this is not a party song either.

Quoted for truth.
I agree with everything you've said. If they feel such an irresistible urge to create these pathetic, artificial "duets," why won't they ask someone like Erykah Badu? She likes and respects Michael, and she's not a cheap sellout. Oh, maybe the last part is the answer to my question...

I'll wait and see what happens ...

Off topic and I am sorry, but YOUR SIGNATURE :bow:

Re: MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording.

he's kindof rude.

I think that Prince wanted to make his point loud and clear that he doesn't want anything to do with Justin Bieber, and giving the way Bieber's been acting lately i can't blame him

AlwaysThere;3889234 said:
Okay, here's a theory that just came to mind:

Justin Bieber is signed to Island Def Jam, which is run by L.A. Reid, who recorded Slave to the Rhythm with Michael in 1989. Like many of the producers who worked with him, it is a good chance that Reid still has a copy of the multi track for the original recording. Let's say Reid says one day, "Hey Justin, I have this song I recorded with Michael years ago. Wanna go for a posthumous duet?" Justin says yes, Reid hands over the clean acapella and Justin records his own version. Fast forward some time later. Justin submits his reproduction to the estate asking for permission, they veto it, and he gets pissed off. So what happens? He and/or members of his team anonymously leaks it himself, knowing that it'll create buzz, and bask in the glory that the world finally got to hear a Justin Bieber/Michael Jackson duet.

This just came to mind. Of course the idea that he leaked it himself can be debated, but considering that Rodney Jerkins says he had no involvement, and the estate say it was unauthorized, it's the only other sensible explanation why Justin would get the clean acapella. Thoughts?

This makes sense since the estate said "this recording was not authorized and has been taken down.” – August 16, 2013[/U] Notice they used the word RECORDING. Right now until I get further information, I will believe that the estate did not give Biber Michael's recording. I think he got it elsewhere. I do not think that after Branca looked sad at what happened with the Michael album when he was asked about it during Bad 25, and he promised it would not happen again, that he would go back on his word. Branca would never allow an artist to erase the King of Pop's vocals. No estate of an artist who is still making money, will allow a kid to erase the vocals of the master.

Or the estate just told different producers and artists to take a shot at certain songs. just like they did with hollywood tonight. and it has not yet beendecided which versions will be released and therefore the recording is not authorised or in other words approved.

And that's what the Bieb is dreamin' of (posted by himself on Twitter):

BR4e3VfCIAADO61.jpg:large

Sorry, I've gotta :puke: :puke: :puke:

It's so sad because of all the artist in the world they let Justin record on it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Why not Usher, Beyonce, even Justin Timberlake but Justin Bieber? I think my head is going to explode.

It makes me mad too because they try to make it seem all sincere like we wanted Justin to work with his idol blah blah blah, yeah right they saw this as a quick way to cash thanks to all of Justin b's little girl fans. Stop bsing this is insulting to Mj's legacy.

The whole point of duets is working with someone with comparable talent so you go together well, putting Justin bieber with MJ is like putting a gun up against a tank.

I just have to ask...what is MJ Estate doing ???!!!!! What are they doing....with his legacy...with his songs...all that treasure laying in a vault somewhere ?
Great video is on YT ( for BTM ), and gone the next day. Why ? Aren"t we allowed to see it ? Why ? Re-releasing old songs over and over again...and so many songs are not heard yet.
Who is in charge of all this ? He or she should be fired right now.
I am so angry and sad, I can't tell you.

And that's what the Bieb is dreamin' of (posted by himself on Twitter):

BR4e3VfCIAADO61.jpg:large

Sorry, I've gotta :puke: :puke: :puke:

His dream, my nightmare.

Feels like he is trying to make MJ fans upset on purpose if you ask me.

Feels like he is trying to make MJ fans upset on purpose if you ask me.

He wants to be more hated, that's his desire, sir.

Duets that can be released: MJ & Freddie Mercury, State of Shock, More To Life and Victory. Duets that can't be released ANY JUSTIN BIEBER OR TODAYS ARTISTS WHO AREN'T INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTION. seriously, this is like having cody simpson on an elvis presley song or one direction or the wanted on one of the beatles song's..... :doh:

Off topic and I am sorry, but YOUR SIGNATURE :bow:
Hahaha...same here. Brilliant.

Oh, and to stay on topic. Release the original STTR please. Doesn't sell as much as with Bieber on it, I guess.

One advantage: Michael's vocals stand out (what else) and everyone is reminded once again what a wonderful vocalist he is.

He wants to be more hated, that's his desire, sir.

he achieved that. but thats his only success in his life.

It's so sad because of all the artist in the world they let Justin record on it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Why not Usher, Beyonce, even Justin Timberlake but Justin Bieber? I think my head is going to explode.

I'm not a fan of any of those artists but they are like Stevie Wonder compared to Justin Bieber

MJ fans gone wild!

LOL, I think his adoration of Michael is cute and often benefits MJ getting him more of young fans. But sometimes he goes a bit too far with the comparisons and this duet... It might be his producers though, trying to ride Michael's name to get Justin additional attention.

He's doing it for attention. Makes me sick.

Back