MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

Michael doesn't fight, he loves. :)

Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

Remember back near the beginning of last year? Everyone was happy and excited. We had a real sense of community. I was welcomed like a best friend and loved. But now... the difference is like night and day. So much hate, so much bitterness. This forum has become a very unpleasant place to be and that is so sad.

So true.
And worst of all, the division is everywhere, not only in this particular forum, but also and in many others, and on FB, etc.

Is this what MJ music should bring?
Is this what he tried to give us all his life?
Division? Bitterness? Pain?

No.
I feel we really lost without him to lead the way :no:

I miss you, Mike...

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

so true

everyone go buy hold my hand on us Itunes it is 21 now we can make it number 1 we can do this for mike!!!!!

The media (and haters) will have a field day with this if this album fails.

I hope many of you fans who crap on this album realize that. I hope you realize how it will affect Michael. My opinion? Put your little conspiracies aside and support Michael. He's the one that's going to get hurt by this. Not sony, not the estate, etc. This is still being considered a Michael Jackson album and this is the fate of his music whether we like it or not. I fear for his legacy. I have a feeling something like this will happen with every posthumous release.

I haven't gotten the chance to go out because of snow and school. But I will be purchasing the album tomorrow! I'm excited to fully hear all of the songs. :)

The media (and haters) will have a field day with this if this album fails.

I hope many of you fans who crap on this album realize that. I hope you realize how it will affect Michael. My opinion? Put your little conspiracies aside and support Michael. He's the one that's going to get hurt by this. Not sony, not the estate, etc. This is still being considered a Michael Jackson album and this is the fate of his music whether we like it or not. I fear for his legacy. I have a feeling something like this will happen with every posthumous release.

I haven't gotten the chance to go out because of snow and school. But I will be purchasing the album tomorrow! I'm excited to fully hear all of the songs. :)

make sure to buy hold my hand !!!!

just thought I'd throw this in.. I saw a MICHAEL commercial on VH1 yesterday here in the U.S. that suprized the heck out of me.. so there is 1 ad I've seen/heard here..

They've been playing Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits" Video Block on MTV Hits in the USA ending the hour with "Hold My Hand" video. Today - Sunday.

Didn't smooth say that Sony estimated sales of 400k? What happened to that?

^ Yes Sony expected to sell 400,000 copies in the first week. That was before all the back and forth bickering, controversy, etc. Plus I personally think they failed to realize that in order to have such huge sales, they would need a really successful single.

Why isn't the single playing all over the radio? Perhaps a different company should have gotten the distribution rights instead.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well Rihanna and Katy Perry have really successful singles, but their albums have subpar sales. Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle do not have good singles, but great album sales. Things just don't add up.

Last edited:

^ Yes Sony expected to sell 400,000 copies in the first week. That was before all the back and forth bickering, controversy, etc. Plus I personally think they failed to realize that in order to have such huge sales, they would need a really successful single.

Can't they release Monster as soon as possible?

Michael Jackson for Christmas #1? - Look Out Susan Boyle and Taylor Swift
By Dominic Patten
Published: December 16, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

Santa could be coming early for the King of Pop.

“Michael,” the posthumous album of new Michael Jackson material, looks poised to grab the Christmas number one spot this year.

According to Billboard magazine, the 10-track “Michael,” which was released on Dec. 14, could sell up to 225,000 copies by Dec. 19. Those numbers might be just enough to push the album past Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now,” the third album by the country star which presently sits at number two on the Billboard 200, and even take down Susan Boyle’s “The Gift,” which is number one right now.

The answer will be revealed on Dec. 23 when the charts come out. As of Thursday afternoon, “Michael” is the number three album on Apple’s iTunes chart, behind R. Kelly’s “Love Letter” and the Christmas album from the cast of Fox’s “Glee.”

Michael Jackson died in Los Angeles on June 25, 2009 as he was preparing to begin a series of comeback shows in the UK.

With material pulled from the singer’s musical vaults, some song snippets as recently as 2007, “Michael” is the controversial first album in a $250 million, 10 album deal that the singer’s estate struck with Sony Music.

Read TheWrap’s Review of “Michael” here

REVIEW: ‘Michael’– All Filler, No ‘Thriller’

A Superlawyer Returns, a Pop Icon Dies -- a Will Is Discovered

Civil War Over Michael Jackson's New Single
Read Saving Michael, TheWrap’s exclusive five part series on the superstar and his powerhouse advisor, here

“This Is It,” the soundtrack to the documentary about preparations for Jackson’s later aborted comeback concerts, sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, 373,00 copies the week after it was released on Oct. 27, 2009. Essentially a greatest hits compilation, the two-disc “This Is It” debuted at number one, the sixth MJ album to do so.

“Thriller,” the best selling record worldwide of all time at an estimated 100 million plus in sales, was Jackson’s first solo number one in 1983. That was followed by 1987’s "Bad," 1991’s "Dangerous," 1995’s "HIStory,” 2001’s "Invincible." While Jackson did not release any new material after “Invincible,” in the immediate weeks after the singer death from an overdose of prescription medication, his 2003 greatest hits album "Number Ones" went exactly to that spot.

The prediction is “Michael” could be the star’s seventh number one.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

^that was from yesterday afternoon, before HIT's "rumour mill" prediction came out...I'm hoping things change over the weekend, I'm not going to be totally doom and gloom untill Wednesday, when Billboards Official numbers come out. If it comes in at number 2 (behind Subo), it will suck, but it's better then #3 or 4.

louis;3141951 said:
Michael Jackson for Christmas #1? - Look Out Susan Boyle and Taylor Swift
By Dominic Patten
Published: December 16, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

Santa could be coming early for the King of Pop.

“Michael,” the posthumous album of new Michael Jackson material, looks poised to grab the Christmas number one spot this year.

According to Billboard magazine, the 10-track “Michael,” which was released on Dec. 14, could sell up to 225,000 copies by Dec. 19. Those numbers might be just enough to push the album past Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now,” the third album by the country star which presently sits at number two on the Billboard 200, and even take down Susan Boyle’s “The Gift,” which is number one right now.

The answer will be revealed on Dec. 23 when the charts come out. As of Thursday afternoon, “Michael” is the number three album on Apple’s iTunes chart, behind R. Kelly’s “Love Letter” and the Christmas album from the cast of Fox’s “Glee.”

Michael Jackson died in Los Angeles on June 25, 2009 as he was preparing to begin a series of comeback shows in the UK.

With material pulled from the singer’s musical vaults, some song snippets as recently as 2007, “Michael” is the controversial first album in a $250 million, 10 album deal that the singer’s estate struck with Sony Music.

Read TheWrap’s Review of “Michael” here

REVIEW: ‘Michael’– All Filler, No ‘Thriller’

A Superlawyer Returns, a Pop Icon Dies -- a Will Is Discovered

Civil War Over Michael Jackson's New Single
Read Saving Michael, TheWrap’s exclusive five part series on the superstar and his powerhouse advisor, here

“This Is It,” the soundtrack to the documentary about preparations for Jackson’s later aborted comeback concerts, sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, 373,00 copies the week after it was released on Oct. 27, 2009. Essentially a greatest hits compilation, the two-disc “This Is It” debuted at number one, the sixth MJ album to do so.

“Thriller,” the best selling record worldwide of all time at an estimated 100 million plus in sales, was Jackson’s first solo number one in 1983. That was followed by 1987’s "Bad," 1991’s "Dangerous," 1995’s "HIStory,” 2001’s "Invincible." While Jackson did not release any new material after “Invincible,” in the immediate weeks after the singer death from an overdose of prescription medication, his 2003 greatest hits album "Number Ones" went exactly to that spot.

The prediction is “Michael” could be the star’s seventh number one.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

yea, com'on people!!! buy it :D

who cares?? Mike is gone.. records don't matter anymore. I've said I was always concerned about MJ's legacy but it's like fighting a losing battle. Mike doesn't have his own family on his side fighting for him, what makes you all think we (his fans) can make a difference? Mike is chilling up above with no more pain or strife, all of this is nothing. What we all need to be doing is making sure Conrad Murray goes to jail for killing Michael..

Well Rihanna and Katy Perry have really successful singles, but their albums have subpar sales. Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle do not have good singles, but great album sales. Things just don't add up.

Yeah,I was about to say that
you dont need a hit single to sell truckloads of albums
subo.sade ,taylor didnt have any hit single and are selling loads of albums

MJ is an album artist and would have sold thousands of copies if there was no controversy over the vocals,as far as the general public is concerned the album is tainted and would rather buy subo and taylor's album as xmas gifts.

Can't they release Monster as soon as possible?

I don't think using a song that's part of the controversy will help.

Controversy is a fan's thing. A lot of fans, including me, think it's real! But outside these forums, the internet, they don't know about that controversy! I let friends hear monster, they loved it (no michael jackson fans) and never thought about it not being him!

And IMO, it's the best track of the album (with BTM). The people boycotting the album will not stop when you release another! I hope it's released, and when they begin to complain, well, let them sue sony, get forensic musicologists and get this problem out of the way for once and for all

^^ I wish it was just a fan thing.visit non-mj fan forums and you would be astonished at the number of people who feel the whole album is fake not just the cascio tracks.I dont think any single can save this album.

Just keep buying the album and keep encouraging others to buy it! We can do it! We can promote the album on facebook, twitter and youtube. This weekend will decide who will be number one!

I'ld beg them to search someone to work like crazy to undo the bad processing first and search for the method to make the vocals sound normal again... even if that means starting from zero.

And then hugely promote the song all over the world and release it on physical single CD.
Monster is a strong track and deserves to come out much better than with this poor processing.

But I do support Monster as a single, to me it is the best track after BTM.

Last edited:

^that was from yesterday afternoon, before HIT's "rumour mill" prediction came out...I'm hoping things change over the weekend, I'm not going to be totally doom and gloom untill Wednesday, when Billboards Official numbers come out. If it comes in at number 2 (behind Subo), it will suck, but it's better then #3 or 4.

I'm just questioning if these figures are REALLY accurate: as i learn it's really a tight. Even if MICHAEL missed the top spot why anyone should care? Reviews were nearly good for the album and sincerely it's really not a big deal thaht article from the Sun.:smilerolleyes:

If it goes to #2, I think what I will hate more than anything is whoever the hell going to #1 thinking "OMG I BEAT MICHAEL JACKSON! OMG I'M AHEAD OF MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If it goes to #2, I think what I will hate more than anything is whoever the hell going to #1 thinking "OMG I BEAT MICHAEL JACKSON! OMG I'M AHEAD OF MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Whoever gets higher position than MICHAEL is ahead of Michael Jackson's POSTHUMOUS album, not ahead of Michael Jackson.

There is a huge difference between MICHAEL (the album) and Michael (the greatest artist of all time).

I hope no one is delusional enough to think that he/she is ahead of Michael Jackson just because his/her album sells more than a posthumous album.

who cares?? Mike is gone.. records don't matter anymore. I've said I was always concerned about MJ's legacy but it's like fighting a losing battle. Mike doesn't have his own family on his side fighting for him, what makes you all think we (his fans) can make a difference? Mike is chilling up above with no more pain or strife, all of this is nothing. What we all need to be doing is making sure Conrad Murray goes to jail for killing Michael..

THIS....So true...

^^ I wish it was just a fan thing.visit non-mj fan forums and you would be astonished at the number of people who feel the whole album is fake not just the cascio tracks.I dont think any single can save this album.

exactly. this is what that sort of publicity does. u doubt a couple of songs and ppl start doubting everything. and it puts them off going anywhere near the album

One thing I have learned from the past year is not to get too hype up and set unrealistic expectation on any future posthumous release, both in terms of quality and sales.

If I put everything into perspective, the album is a very enjoyable album and the early performance estimate is respectful. But, how come I feel everything is so underwhelming? It's because of my own anticipation and high expectation.

We expect a new MJ era and Michaelmania at year end. It never happend. But, realistic speaking, how can there be a new MJ era anymore? How can there be Michaelmania when MTV is not even playing music videos anymore. The entertainment landscape is so different. People are more into reality program than good music. The kind of excitement that Michael ignited during his life will never be duplicated again.

We expect the album to top the chart and sell tons. It doesn't seem to happen. But, if the album sells 200K, it's not a flop. Acutally, it's a decent debut; given the fact that the only single released thus far is Hold My Hand. I don't think any other artist in this world can sell 200K copies in similar situation. So far the marketing campaign conducted by Sony hardly generates any interest in the album. Let say you are not a MJ fan, when you hear HMH or see the video of HMN on youtube, would you get goosebumps and say "wow... this is hot! i get to buy this album."

Last year, when people watched TII, people got goosebumps. I remember how the audience stayed till the very end and watched the whole ending credit, as if they didn't want to leave the theatre. People wanted to hold on to Michael. People gave the film a standing ovation.

I guess the difference between TII and MICHAEL is that in TII one can feel Michael's presence. However, in MICHAEL, it seems there is something that separates us from Michael. Just my opinion.

One thing I have learned from the past year is not to get too hype up and set unrealistic expectation on any future posthumous release, both in terms of quality and sales.

If I put everything into perspective, the album is a very enjoyable album and the early performance estimate is respectful. But, how come I feel everything is so underwhelming? It's because of my own anticipation and high expectation.

We expect a new MJ era and Michaelmania at year end. It never happend. But, realistic speaking, how can there be a new MJ era anymore? How can there be Michaelmania when MTV is not even playing music videos anymore. The entertainment landscape is so different. People are more into reality program than good music. The kind of excitement that Michael ignited during his life will never be duplicated again.

We expect the album to top the chart and sell tons. It doesn't seem to happen. But, if the album sells 200K, it's not a flop. Acutally, it's a decent debut; given the fact that the only single released thus far is Hold My Hand. I don't think any other artist in this world can sell 200K copies in similar situation. So far the marketing campaign conducted by Sony hardly generates any interest in the album. Let say you are not a MJ fan, when you hear HMH or see the video of HMN on youtube, would you get goosebumps and say "wow... this is hot! i get to buy this album."

Last year, when people watched TII, people got goosebumps. I remember how the audience stayed till the very end and watched the whole ending credit, as if they didn't want to leave the theatre. People wanted to hold on to Michael. People gave the film a standing ovation.

I guess the difference between TII and MICHAEL is that in TII one can feel Michael's presence. However, in MICHAEL, it seems there is something that separates us from Michael. Just my opinion.

Your probably right, but I think the fan division about this album has put a whole damper on it all...I mean, I log onto here MJ and much of the discussion is about the validity of the Cascio tracks...It's a constant cycle which contributes a lot to the perception of the album..I wasn't expecting it to be like when Michael was here, but I was expecting it to be a lot bigger than it is..With people going around saying the album is "fake", I really don't expect anything massive now that's for sure.

Back