MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Has anyone else noticed that the tribute's facebook now isn't working?

Oh no, they have just deleted a few things hahaha

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Given the incredible negativity about adding Simmons to the line-up (and then removing him again), it's likely that the other signed entertainers will begin to bail? The "Tribute" is clearly toxic, in everything from the ticket-sale method, to the signing of Simmons (wow, that was bad!), to the dubious "charity" contributions, to the outrageous timing of the show!

So far, the Estate has been handling Katherine carefully, not wanting to incur negative PR by going after Michael's MOTHER. I'm sure the other family members know this. The Estate's letter was the MOST forceful statement, to date, so the gravy train might well be OVER? They have ample grounds to shut the entire show DOWN. I, for one, hope that they do. . . .

Last edited:

I am VERY pleased wth the letter from the Estate..they are now requiring a answer as to what is happening with the charity aspects of this concert ..they address Gene Simmons and they also addressed the fans..they seem to be right on point with this as of right now. There are way to many things wrong with this tribute for it to continue..I have a feeling the longer this goes on the more things will be revealed about what is going on behind the scenes ...like Toya and the company...other things may come to light to. Hopefully this thing wont happen at all.

I am so naive. For some reason I thought this was a project Joe wasn't involved in. So he went to Asia not to scare the fans away from this tribute?
In my opinion, because the family already knows how "most" people feel about Joe Jackson, they leave him in the background, PUBLICALLY.

But in the background, his grubby little paws are all over this mess. Him and Rowe were unable to get their hands on the AEG deal, so I guess this is their NEXT attempt at getting rich by using Michael's good name.

At this point, even if you wanted to trust them, you can't because the history doesn't allow you to trust them!

Len rowe works for latoyas company who are involved with the show.they are all connected one way or the other

I doubt Rasmus is the swedish impersonator. Or a Michael fan actually

Capture-4.png

Funny how its says the worlds greatest performers will join katherine on the website and then it lists the artists lol

Funny how its says the worlds greatest performers will join katherine on the website and then it lists the artists lol
elusive that was mad funny!

The "worlds greatest performers" my you know what. LOL!

And even if a member of that promised GALAXY OF INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS had a change of heart and decided to participate in this so-called tribute, after all of the drama that has been displayed thus far, I'm sure they would run for the hills at this point.

Most INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS don't want to be involved in any controversy.

I think the Estate's letter is to the point and ask very important questions that need to be addressed.

At this point, I cannot give the organizers of the event any consideration. Including Gene Simmons in the lineup is a terrible mistake that should have never been made.

I truly hope they will cancel the event. The damage they caused is irreversible.

For the first time, I think the Jacksons deserve all the harsh criticisms from fans. I didn't sleep much last night. I'm really disheartened by their ignorance. All along, I have tried my my hardest to be respectful and given them chances. But, this latest turn of event serves like the final blow to my head.

You know, the more I think about and read more about this hoax tribute I can't help but to think about Toya's follow the money statement. I said it goes straight to the family's front door and I realize if I used Toya's logic then I must conclude that Michael was murder by his own family. Then, I also realize with almost no emotion that I if that turned out to be true, it isn't just humor me, I wouldn't be surprise.

Yes, the Jacksons pushed me to that point. Thanks again family.

I am happy to know that the Estate don't support this. As I said on another board, this whole tribute concert to MJ Is a joke, Why do they bother at all. MJ would never like this concert.

Has anyone else noticed that the tribute's facebook now isn't working?

Oh no, they have just deleted a few things hahaha
At this point, they might as well add their "tribute" page to the tribute page that is boycotting this event, because by the looks of it, the MAJORITY of folks still posting over there are against this tribute.

The media is obviously getting all of their negative soundbites from angry fans from Global Live's own tribute page. Now how embarrassing is that!

Amen !!

So happy about the statement of the Estate. The Jackson$ were already has been, now everybody will know publicly that it's ALL ABOUT MONEY WITH THEM!

And the worst, it's MJ's kids live with them.

My take on Howard Weitzman's letter to Michael Forever tribute organizers :

I have seen some complaints that the letter wasn't worded strong enough or that no legal action was started. However most legal action is actually started by similar letters also commonly known as cease and desists. In some instances even giving a prior fair warning is required before filing a lawsuit.

Weitzman writes : "Estate is the only entity that can grant right to use Michael Jackson's name, likeliness or any intellectual property, whether such use is for commercial or other purposes. We assume you do not intend to use any intellectual property that is controlled by the Estate".

Here Weitzman establish Estate's right and ownership and expects them not to violate Estate's rights. You can see that this is a fair warning that reserves the rights of the Estate and introduces an "or else" threat.

Weitzman writes "Who is participating in the ticket revenue beside Global Live Events? The Estate would specifically like to know what other individuals and companies beside your entity are sharing in the revenues.."

A paragraph before Weitzman mentions "piggybacking on Michael's good name and charity", with the above questioning about the revenue, how and by whom it's shared , they are introducing the possibility of "unfair competition".

The points of the letter can be subtle and worded with utmost care but don't worry my friends the threats are there.

I think the Forever Tribute Page reported me for spamming their page with the M.J.A.N. statement! I can't post on any page now for 15 days! :(

Does anyone else wonder if their "ticket registration" went so poorly that they are deliberately trying to sabotage the tribute? It's just so unbelievable that, of all the bands in the world, they would invite Kiss. I keep thinking that this can't be real.

I also thought about this this morning, what if after seeing not much people registered for tickets, instead of just saying ok we cancel to whole thing, they threw the KISS bomb so we, the fans, would be so mad that it woiuld be our fault if the concert doesn't happen, and be cancelled...
That would be a very stupid thing to do, regarding all the consequences this had now (the comments up again...) but it wound't be their first weird acting..

I also like the Estate's letter, but I'd have liked them to talk about the fact that thekids apprea in the terms and conditions of the concert...

First, great letters from MJJC and Gaz (separate post) and all the clubs.

Second, great letter from the Estate. Based on its contents it looks like the beginning of the end of this tribute as two things stuck out to me.

"Intellectual property" was brought up and they also went there about the "charity" part of this tribute. First of all, if they are raising the issue on intellectual property it's a red flag to the organizers that they don't have permission to use Michael's music. And what is a tribute if no one can sing the songs of the artist you are paying tribute to? That means this tribute my only consist of songs from J5 era and of songs not written by Michael....which is a very short list. Majority of people come to hear the hits and most of MJ's biggest hits were written by himself or Rod Temperton. Our best hope is ppl like Rod and Siedah (Man in the Mirror), etc. do NOT give permission IF they still retain any rights to their music.

The charity issue is important becuz in most cases things like intellectual property, likeness and whatnot can be bypassed or at least forgiven/overlooked for the sake of charity. However, once money exchanges hands in a profit-making manner, all bets are off. You must PAY for the use of intellectual property, or get permission for use if you plan to make money off of such property. And as we all know, this tribute is not a charitable event in the true sense. It is a profit-making tribute concert that asks people to donate as a side thing. It's not that much different than having people bring canned goods to a concert (in which they've already purchased a ticket) to a concert for hunger relief. For the Haitian Earthquake disaster some artists asked ppl to bring medical supplies and blankets, etc. That's not a true charity event in which majority of the artists appear without fee and everyone donates their time, space and expertise.

Then there's a partial way to be charitable in which at least a portion of the profit/proceeds will go to charity.

This charity concert is neither of these. And Howard asking what "portion" of the tickets will be going to charity is a BIG giveaway that if some part of the ticket sales aren't going to a reputable charity, the Estate can and probably will deny permission and will be entitled to do so based on the "intellectual property" issue.

So, for those who are waiting to see this tribute die a quick death...it may be coming cuz it's pretty obvious this whole thing was done with the spirit of making a PROFIT with charity being used as a side item. By making charity a requirement towards getting a ticket they may have thought they could bypass the permission issue and proclaim this a charity-type tribute...but maybe not. Again, the only difference I see is that they are asking ppl to donate cans before they can get a ticket as opposed to asking for cans to be deposited at the turnstiles on the way inside the arena.

The answers provided by the organizers should be interesting. If they agree to give a portion of the tickets, that's going to cut into their profits which was prolly not on their agenda. LOL!

And wow...Latoya and Rowe are behind this mess. L.O.L!! Follow the money, indeed. I'll say one thing about all this...the truth eventually shows itself. And for some this was slow in coming or rather they tried to give the benefit of the doubt beyond the call of duty. At some point there's no going back. Many of us still have rose-colored shards of glass in our eyes from this family...but Michael knew. The WILL tells us he knew. For those still in doubt...we'll be here to pick the shards outta your eye for ya when the day comes.

Bravo Estate! Isn’t it amazing that the very people family has accused of murdering their brother seem to care more about him than they do? Sneaky bunch the Jacksons are. At this rate Ja-Tail will end up Ja-Fail soon, especially under the wrath of Michael’s estate. Latoya has no career besides using her little brother. Actually, most of they don’t.
<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

Too.Tired. I just cannot. Watch. Katherine. Go on TV and lie through her teeth. Joe Vogel is right, how the heck can all of the Jacksons be unaware of the comments made by Gene Simmons? They’ve been coming online personally and tweeting regularly, there is no way none of them knew. This is just a cover up to calm down angered fans. Now about Katherine, I’m not sure, but at least one of her grown-as$ children had had to know.

Whether or not Kiss has been dropped, seeing as there is no official statement yet, the damage has already been done. I just want to see this phoney tribute cancelled, but if it does go on, I hope it fails big time. Harsh I know, but that is my wish for it. Let karma take its course now.

BTW I reported this Rasmus guy profile as fake, please do so so we get rid of this prick.

Transcripts of Katherine Jackson interview with HLN Showbiz last night

Hello, I`m A.J. Hammer in New York. And we are breaking big news tonight with a SHOWBIZ TONIGHT exclusive, face to face and one-on-one with Michael Jackson`s mother.

Katherine Jackson tearfully opened up to SHOWBIZ TONIGHT about the controversial Michael Jackson tribute concert that`s being planned. Now, the concert is going to be going on at the same time that Dr. Conrad Murray will be on trial on charges that he`s the one to blame for Michael`s death.

SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you that has sparked a family feud. Two of Michael Jackson`s brothers, Randy and Jermaine, have criticized the timing and they`re saying they want nothing to do with it.

But today, Katherine Jackson defended the concert in a headline-making exclusive interview with SHOWBIZ TONIGHT`s Kareen Wynter in Los Angeles.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

KAREEN WYNTER, CNN ENTERTAINMENT CORRESPONDENT: October 8th, the big tribute concert is right around the corner. Can you believe that it`s happening?

KATHERINE JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON`S MOTHER: Yes. But I`m excited about it. And I have to thank this gentleman and a few others for doing it. And even the children are excited, so we`ll be there.

WYNTER: What are they saying?

K. JACKSON: They were asking, "Where is it going to be?" And they said, "I can`t wait."

WYNTER: Who are the big performers that Michael`s children are looking forward to seeing? Any favorites?

K. JACKSON: Well, no. They haven`t said anything about favorites, but they just want to be there to see whoever is going to perform.

WYNTER: And honor their dad. You know, it`s been two years since Michael`s death. I believe the anniversary was in June. And some people are saying while something like this takes a great deal of planning. What took so long?

K. JACKSON: Since Michael passed, you know how it is being a mother. And it just - I don`t think it`s a long time. But it just - it takes a while. And I had to - at first, it`s something you`ll never get over. But these gentlemen came to me with the idea and I thought it was really nice.

WYNTER: Ms. Jackson, many would agree that you`ve been incredibly strong in all of this. Has it been really emotional for you planning this concert with your colleagues and just remembering your son?

K. JACKSON: Anything that anybody speaks to me about Michael today is emotional. There`s not a day that passes that I don`t get emotional about him going. But - you have to excuse me.

WYNTER: It`s still hard when you talk about it?

K. JACKSON: It`s very hard. It`s hard to talk about it.

WYNTER: When you think of all the amazing things that he would have done had he been alive today, his music, inspiring the world, really -

K. JACKSON: Yes.

WYNTER: We really, really lost an icon.

K. JACKSON: Yes. And I think Michael would have been really proud if he was here today. This is a concert he would really have loved, and that`s why I`m supporting it.

WYNTER: I have to ask, though, with the timing of the trial, and I know you don`t want to go into specifics, but I do want to mention not all the family members, the Jackson family members, are on board.

For example, Jermaine and Randy - in fact, they went as far as issuing a joint statement recently saying, "We want to make it clear this does not reflect the position of the entire family." I have to ask, Ms. Jackson, why now with the timing of the Conrad Murray trial?

K. JACKSON: Well, the trial is very important and I can understand how Michael - how Randy and Jermaine feel. But it`s been two years, and when these gentlemen came to me and talked about it, I thought it was a good idea. And I`d like to keep Michael`s legacy alive and that`s one of the reasons.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We think also that it`s a Saturday, when the courtroom is dark, it`s a chance for the world to have a joyous moment and remember the beautiful music that Michael made.

It will be a welcome relief from what will be a somber time during the trial, so we actually feel it`s just a wonderful moment. We`re going to raise money for the charities that Michael was very passionate about what he was alive. It`s just going to be wonderful.

WYNTER: Yes, and as you mentioned, Michael`s kids, they can`t wait. They`re excited about the big tribute. What`s the last couple years been like for them? How are they hanging in there?

K. JACKSON: They`re doing very well. They`re getting ready for school now, and they`re taking lessons - acting.

WYNTER: They`re acting.

K. JACKSON: Well, they`re taking acting lessons. This is what they want to do. And some - well, Paris really wants to be an actress. I think she`s announced it twice since she`s been on TV. But other than that, they`re doing very well.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

HAMMER: Which, of course, is great to hear. And there, you heard it here first - the Jackson tribute concert is going full steam ahead despite protests by some of Michael`s own family.

With me right now in New York, Jane Velez-Mitchell, the host, of course, of "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL" right here on HLN. In Atlanta tonight, Vinnie Politan, the host of "HLN SPECIAL REPORT." Catch him every weekday at 5:00 p.m. Eastern here on HLN, followed, of course, by "PRIME NEWS" at 6:00 p.m.

So right there, we heard Katherine Jackson acknowledging that Jermaine and Randy object to the show being held at the same time Dr. Murray is on trial in connection with Michael`s death.

Now, Katherine says she`s wants to honor Michael`s legacy. I kind of get both sides of this. Jane, do you think it is in bad taste or inappropriate to have this concert going on at the same time while Dr. Murray is on trial?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST, "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL": I don`t know if it`s going to work in the same way Katherine intends, but I can see the desire to keep her son`s legacy alive.

Let`s face it. A trial like this is almost like putting a legacy on trial. There`s going to be discussion of Michael Jackson`s drug use. In her mind, she might be counteracting all that by saying, "Let`s put on a show." That`s the Jackson family`s reaction to this about everything.

Remember when Michael Jackson jumped on the SUV and danced? The whole family showed up in his child molestation trial dressed up in matching outfits. Whenever they`re in a jam, their reaction is, "Let`s put on a show."

HAMMER: It will be interesting to see if it actually happens, because there may be - it runs (UNINTELLIGIBLE) into the whole concert event, because, last month, a spokesman for Michael Jackson`s estate did tell us the promoters of this tribute concert never asked for, never obtained permission from the estate`s executors to use the late pop singer`s name or image.

I see that as a problem, but I`m not a lawyer. That`s why I go to you, Vinnie Politan. Could his mom be facing a lawsuit over that?

VINNIE POLITAN, HOST, "HLN SPECIAL REPORT": It could be a problem, and it doesn`t start with a lawsuit. It usually starts with a letter and it starts with a phone call and a discussion, perhaps some negotiations to try to figure out.

Because those who have the rights to it and have to protect that legacy and protect that image of Michael Jackson will want to probably have some sort of a say in the way he is portrayed throughout this whole thing.

So I don`t necessarily see it ending the lawsuit. It could end up in a lawsuit. I think people are going to sit down and talk to each other and try to figure it out first.

HAMMER: Yes, I would hope they would do that. An not that this whole deal means anything else to raise eyebrows, but we learned today that Kiss is joining the all-star lineup for this tribute concert.

Here`s the thing about that - Kiss` lead singer, Gene Simmons, in the past, questioned Michael`s sexuality. He seemed to suggest at one point that Michael may have abused young boys.

Jane, you were right there all those years covering Michael Jackson and his molestation charges. Do you find it at all strange that Kiss, of all bands, is going to be a part of this thing?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s very strange. You have to wonder why, and I think the answer may simply be that Katherine Jackson is an elderly woman. She`s not keeping up with Kiss or any - I think it`s a strange combo, just Kiss even without the controversy.

HAMMER: I think it`s strange that Kiss would want to be part of it, based on what Gene has said in the past.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Exactly. Exactly, but I think the heart of this is that the Jackson estate doesn`t benefit all of the Jacksons, and it`s a large brood, and so Katherine wants to help out her other kids and her other grand kids.

She wants to provide a huge stage for all of them. She`s being a good grandma in her own mind because it`s going to be a family affair.

HAMMER: Yes. Best of intentions, I think, is what`s going on there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Right.

Gaz and company,...your timing of the MJJC statement was excellent. You didn't rush in with criticism when the tribute announcement was made, but wisely waited until more aspects of it came into play, enabling you to best assess its merits one way or the other. Gene Simmons was certainly a catalyst sufficient enough to make your concerns clearly and publicly known. I even think the statement coming before the estate's is good, as it further shows MJJC is an independent entity, not needing confirmations or affiliation with anyone or thing, as it has its own voice and its only true allegiance is to the gifted one.

In other words, great job and BIG THANKS.

(ETA...OT...I typed the word criticism and it keeps doubling the word to "criticism criticism". I've tried editing one of them out, but both remain. Can anyone tell me what's happening? thx)

Last edited:

I was away for a bit so i didnt get a chance to see the video of Mrs. Jackson on CNN! I actually stopped at the part where she askes "what is your name?"... smh...

Some say to respect Michael's family... I do to a certain point...

Thankyou for the MJJC and Estate statement!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

What caught my attention the most is not the bolded part, but this:

WYNTER: Who are the big performers that Michael`s children are looking forward to seeing? Any favorites?

K. JACKSON: Well, no. They haven`t said anything about favorites, but they just want to be there to see whoever is going to perform.

Because since the acts can't be garanteed, she can't say ''oh yes they can't wait to see Christina'' cause if Christina doesn't show up, peple will say she failed at pleasing the kids with the artists they like...

And I CAN'T believe she put ont hat ''it's been 2 years'' tape again... Disbelief...

Oh and yeah, the ''since she's been on TV'' comment about Paris was really disturbing.

"but I think the heart of this is that the Jackson estate doesn`t benefit all of the Jacksons, and it`s a large brood, and so Katherine wants to help out her other kids and her other grand kids. *

She wants to provide a huge stage for all of them. She`s being a good grandma in her own mind because it`s going to be a family affair."

That's what I think too. But it's no excuse
for getting involved with anybody without obviously having a clue who they are; not to mention having the kids involved.

Carinemjj;3459669 said:
BTW I reported this Rasmus guy profile as fake, please do so so we get rid of this prick.

He's impplying it's all just a publicity stunt

Rasmus Lindström
You should be happy. The tribute has got a lot of media coverage thanx to this controversy. Now at least some people will know that there will be a tribute of some sort :)

myosotis;3459686 said:

Rasmus Lindström
You should be happy. The tribute has got a lot of media coverage thanx to this controversy. Now at least some people will know that there will be a tribute of some sort :)

I don't know who this Rasmus guy is..but he's a complete idiot.

Anyways, hoping this money making scheme gets cancelled soon.

myosotis;3459686 said:

Rasmus Lindström

Well if it was a publicity stunt by the organisers and Jackson family, they certainly set their own tail on fire. The Estate was bidding time for an opportunity to clamp down on this mess, and now they are moving forward with it. Hallelujah!

I am shocked and actually offended that we have not had any statement from either Global or the Jacksons, and still no official word on kiss being dropped.

Also if it's not cancelled I bet they extend the registration date.

I am shocked and actually offended that we have not had any statement from either Global or the Jacksons, and still no official word on kiss being dropped.

Also if it's not cancelled I bet they extend the registration date.

Wasn't the registration supposed to end today?
Bad timing, lol... this just has to fail.

Back