MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Is the Martin Bashir thing for real?

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Latest update...

Nikki Sixx has been added to the list of performers and the organisers are trying to get Martin Bashir to make some kind of tribute speech.​

Huh?????????????????????

Sarcasam.but kinda sad that we have to think that there could be some sort of truth to it!

I could tell a mile off that was a sarcastic post! Lol But this whole sorry story has to stop NOW! This tribute was doomed the moment the 'guests' has started being announced! Now that KISS was confirmed was the icing on the cake and death knell of the show.

I'm sorry Mrs Jackson but this is the final mistake and we just can't take this anymore.

With the way this tribute thing is going wouldnt surprised me if they invited bashir

I am glad to see that the Estate has responded well to this mess. It was about time this was addressed. I hate to say it, but the Jackson family really get things so wrong. Glad to know the position of MJJC too. I cannot get over the fact that they guy from kiss is involved. Its ridiculous how people who know nothing about Michael can arrange such a farce. Just hoping this will be cancelled.

I have been hearing Gene Simmons and Kiss have now been dropped.

This does not change our position on this event.

Global live are supposed to be honouring Michaels legacy in every possible way it can.

It is not.

Its blatant disregard for Michaels reputation is clear. It is also clear they should not in any way be organising a tribute on behalf of Michael Jackson.

Therefore MJJCommunity's position wil not change until this tribute is cancelled.

We find it deplorable that such an organisation has made an impecable amount of mistakes from the timing to ticket allocation and the line up.

This event does not have the best interests of the fans in what it is doing. Moreso it is clear they do not have Michaels either.

Regards

Team MJJC

Thank you Gaz! Well said.

ivy;3458982 said:
For the last few weeks MJJCommunity maintained a neutral position towards Michael Forever Tribute due to our love and respect for Katherine Jackson. August 15th developments and the announcement of Kiss as an act in Michael Forever Tribute left us no choice but to voice our concerns.

As many of the fans had already made it clear, the timing of the concert during the middle involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson and the steep and questionable pricing / charity donation were also some of our major concerns as MJJC. Although we are happy to see any artists do a tribute to Michael, we weren’t quite satisfied with the caliber of the artists announced. However nothing was more troublesome than the involvement of Gene Simmons (Kiss) who in multiple statements mentioned that he believed Michael Jackson to be guilty of molesting kids.

There’s no justification for the involvement of Gene Simmons in a tribute that’s supposed to honor Michael and where his kids will be present, as Gene Simmons said “ There’s no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt.” (Classic Rock Magazine Interview), “Michael's children...none of whom are biologically his” (Gene Simmons Facebook) and alleged that Michael took underage boys to Brazil (Dean Blundell Show). Furthermore just the announcement of his participation once again brought all these negative statements to the main focus of the media. Global Live Events are guilty of not doing their homework and once again helping to drag Michael’s name through the mud. This is not something we need especially not right before the trial of Conrad Murray.

We want to make it known that we as MJJC do not support Michael Forever Tribute for the above mentioned reasons. We urge the fans not to attend and make a statement to the organizers to show that we aren’t happy about the conditions of this tribute and how the memory of Michael is treated.

Sincerely

MJJCommunity.com

:clapping: I totally agree!!!

:huggy:

Re: MJJCommunity Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / All Tribute discussion

ANNIESNOTOKMJ Please pm me your address, and I will send you the money for the uniforms as long as it is only $250.

Line Up Updated:*

No offense to any of the named artist, but that line-up STILL sucks, in my opinion.

I mean, seriously, how can anybody, with a straight face, be EXCITED by that line-up?

Big Ups to MJJC for releasing a statement against this fiasco. I'm delighted that MJJC decided to take their own action.

Also, Big Ups to the Estate of Michael Jackson. I totally loved how they laid everything out in such a professional way. That "50% of artist showing up, means no refund" needed to be highlighted, just in case anybody missed the "fine" print on that joint. LOL!

The fact that they can't even use the man's FULL NAME should tell us all we need to know about this madness!

And thanks to Global Live and The Jackson family this is what we are faced with again. Remind me what this tribute is supposed to be about again?
[h=1]Michael Jackson fans outraged by Kiss tribute concert booking[/h]American glam-rockers to play Jackson tribute concert despite frontman Gene Simmons calling the late singer a paedophile
guardian.co.uk, <TIME datetime="2011-08-16T13:14BST" pubdate>Tuesday 16 August 2011 13.14 BST</TIME>

Kiss have reportedly been added to the lineup for October's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Cardiff, despite singer Gene Simmons alleging that Jackson was a paedophile. The American glam-rockers will join Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis and, er, Alien Ant Farm at the concert, which has divided the singer's family and fans.
"I know [Michael] would be very excited about Kiss," Jackson's mother, Katherine, told CNN on Monday. But the singer's fans are unconvinced. Michael Forever's Facebook page has been deluged with angry posts, as fans criticised the promoters' latest booking. "The inclusion of Kiss is vile," wrote one. "This concert has become the biggest insult to Michael's memory," added another, "it's like spitting on his grave!"
Last year, Simmons spoke about Jackson in an interview with Classic Rock magazine. "Where there's smoke there's fire," he said. "There's no question in my mind [Michael] molested those kids. Not a doubt." The Kiss singer said he "knew Michael", and "as time moved on, and no matter what my fond memories and fond images of Michael were, with one allegation of paedophilia after another and another and another &#8211; oh dear &#8230; I knew some of the musicians he toured with, and specifically one who quit because of seeing boys coming out of the hotel rooms. And then you factor in that his travel agent was put on the stand and in court said that she was authorised to fly to Brazil and bring boys back to America for him &#8230; Michael's on tape going, 'Give the kids Jesus juice.' Which is wine. I mean it's just endless."
Simmons made similar comments the year before, speaking to Canadian Press. "It's sad that [Michael] had this sad life and I understand, that's horrible," he said. "[But] Michael's not the only victim. I want to know what these boys have to say &#8230; Not celebrities. Let's celebrate the talent and everything later, let's just figure out if there are any victims here."
Kiss' involvement in Michael Forever is the latest controversy surrounding the multi-million pound concert, alongside its unexpected location, high ticket prices and, most of all, its timing. Two of Jackson's brothers oppose the gig because it takes place during the involuntary manslaughter trial of the singer's former doctor, Conrad Murray. "I can understand how Randy and Jermaine feel, but it's been two years," Katherine said.
Jackson was dogged by allegations of sexual assault throughout the 90s and 00s. Despite settling one dispute out of court, he was charged with seven counts of child molestation in 2005, leading to a five-month trial. He was ultimately acquitted on all charges.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/aug/16/michael-jackson-kiss-tribute-concert

I really don't care about KISS, but I don't want that d***head Gene Simmons on that tribute show, that cheater doesn't deserve to be on that line up, exclude him and KISS of the list and add those who cares and defends Michael for godsake.

And now, thank's to Global Live and several members of the Jackson family, the allegations that dogged Michael are all brought BACK into the headlines. THEY ALL MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!

It's like EVERYTHING they touch turns into rubbish! They continue to come up with all of these new plans, but the outcome is ALWAYS the same!

No offense to any of the named artist, but that line-up STILL sucks, in my opinion.

I mean, seriously, how can anybody, with a straight face, be EXCITED by that line-up?

Big Ups to MJJC for releasing a statement against this fiasco. I'm delighted that MJJC decided to take their own action.

Also, Big Ups to the Estate of Michael Jackson. I totally loved how they laid everything out in such a professional way. That "50% of artist showing up, means no refund" needed to be highlighted, just in case anybody missed the "fine" print on that joint. LOL!

The fact that they can't even use the man's FULL NAME should tell us all we need to know about this madness!

Well, that's exactly why they are trying to entice the 'believers' and using Michael's children as bait for people to come. They reek of desperation.

LastTear;3459598 said:
And thanks to Global Live and The Jackson family this is what we are faced with again. Remind me what this tribute is supposed to be about again?
[h=1]Michael Jackson fans outraged by Kiss tribute concert booking[/h]American glam-rockers to play Jackson tribute concert despite frontman Gene Simmons calling the late singer a paedophile
guardian.co.uk, <TIME datetime="2011-08-16T13:14BST" pubdate>Tuesday 16 August 2011 13.14 BST</TIME>

Kiss have reportedly been added to the lineup for October's Michael Jackson tribute concert in Cardiff, despite singer Gene Simmons alleging that Jackson was a paedophile. The American glam-rockers will join Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis and, er, Alien Ant Farm at the concert, which has divided the singer's family and fans.
"I know [Michael] would be very excited about Kiss," Jackson's mother, Katherine, told CNN on Monday. But the singer's fans are unconvinced. Michael Forever's Facebook page has been deluged with angry posts, as fans criticised the promoters' latest booking. "The inclusion of Kiss is vile," wrote one. "This concert has become the biggest insult to Michael's memory," added another, "it's like spitting on his grave!"
Last year, Simmons spoke about Jackson in an interview with Classic Rock magazine. "Where there's smoke there's fire," he said. "There's no question in my mind [Michael] molested those kids. Not a doubt." The Kiss singer said he "knew Michael", and "as time moved on, and no matter what my fond memories and fond images of Michael were, with one allegation of paedophilia after another and another and another &#8211; oh dear &#8230; I knew some of the musicians he toured with, and specifically one who quit because of seeing boys coming out of the hotel rooms. And then you factor in that his travel agent was put on the stand and in court said that she was authorised to fly to Brazil and bring boys back to America for him &#8230; Michael's on tape going, 'Give the kids Jesus juice.' Which is wine. I mean it's just endless."
Simmons made similar comments the year before, speaking to Canadian Press. "It's sad that [Michael] had this sad life and I understand, that's horrible," he said. "[But] Michael's not the only victim. I want to know what these boys have to say &#8230; Not celebrities. Let's celebrate the talent and everything later, let's just figure out if there are any victims here."
Kiss' involvement in Michael Forever is the latest controversy surrounding the multi-million pound concert, alongside its unexpected location, high ticket prices and, most of all, its timing. Two of Jackson's brothers oppose the gig because it takes place during the involuntary manslaughter trial of the singer's former doctor, Conrad Murray. "I can understand how Randy and Jermaine feel, but it's been two years," Katherine said.
Jackson was dogged by allegations of sexual assault throughout the 90s and 00s. Despite settling one dispute out of court, he was charged with seven counts of child molestation in 2005, leading to a five-month trial. He was ultimately acquitted on all charges.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/aug/16/michael-jackson-kiss-tribute-concert

You know, reading these comments really shows what a sick, immoral asshole Gene is. For money or PR he is really to do a tribute concert to someone he claimed was a pedo. What a freaking hypocrite. Then again given all the girls he bragged to have slept with, I am willing to bet a few of them were not 18. Not like he would ask for their age anyway.

And now, thank's to Global Live and several members of the Jackson family, the allegations that dogged Michael are all brought BACK into the headlines. THEY ALL MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!

It's like EVERYTHING they touch turns into rubbish! They continue to come up with all of these new plans, but the outcome is ALWAYS the same!

Thank you, yes thats the point I was trying to make.

It makes no difference to me whether they remove simmons or not, the damage has been done, they have shown us how little regard for Michael and his legacy they have. Simmons is just the icing on the cake.

Well, that's exactly why they are trying to entice the 'believers' and using Michael's children as bait for people to come. They reek of desperation.
Very true!

I wonder what the folks in the "line-up" think about all of this madness. I mean, dang near everyday there is a new NEGATIVE story in the press regarding this so-called tribute.

I'll just start with the higher profile, Cee-Lo and X-tina. Do they really STILL want their names attached to this mess? I wonder.

I also wonder how long it will take TMZ to put the Executors' letter on their website. LOL!

kiss better be prepared for a big BOOOO

It seems to me that the tribute organizers are trying to sweep this mess under the rug. They don't comment on it, they don't release a statement saying KISS were dropped and at the same time they don't put their name on the website even though they update it with other names. Do they think that if they keep silence everyone will just forget about it?

Very true!

I wonder what the folks in the "line-up" think about all of this madness. I mean, dang near everyday there is a new NEGATIVE story in the press regarding this so-called tribute.

I'll just start with the higher profile, Cee-Lo and X-tina. Do they really STILL want their names attached to this mess? I wonder.

I also wonder how long it will take TMZ to put the Executors' letter on their website. LOL!

Michael Jackson Estate Something Stinks Over the MJ Tribute Concert

The honchos in charge of the Michael Jackson Estate are threatening the people behind the Michael Jackson Tribute concert, claiming the promoters have sullied Michael's name and are possibly even ripping off the Estate.

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the Estate, fired off a letter to promoters of the concert -- set for October 8 in Wales -- expressing displeasure that one of the bands that will be performing is KISS, whose guitarist, Gene Simmons, publicly accused MJ of being a hard-core child molester. Weitzman wrote in his letter, "It was extraordinarily embarrassing when no sooner than you announced this 'news' that he would participate in your concert that TMZ posted an item noting that Mr. Simmons called Michael Jackson -- the man you are purportedly honoring -- a child molester..."

Weitzman also questions where all the proceeds for the concert will be going. We're told Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe are behind the concert, and they've always been quick to cash in on MJ's name.

And Weitzman suggests promoters may be running afoul of the law by using "intellectual property that is controlled by the Estate" -- which includes MJ images and his songs.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/16/micha...ales-kiss-gene-simmons-called-child-molester/

kiss better be prepared for a big BOOOO

I agree, they're in for the biggest BOOOOOOOs of a lifetime.

We're told Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe are behind the concert, and they've always been quick to cash in on MJ's name.

I am so naive. For some reason I thought this was a project Joe wasn't involved in. So he went to Asia not to scare the fans away from this tribute?

I'm reposting the M.J.A.N. statement here (was posted in the other "Tribute thread.") At the end you'll find the links to contribute to Somalia Famine Relief as an alternative way to pay tribute to Michael. Please feel free to leave (positive) comments at the site.

I think that all who participated in this protest should be commended. Thank you Gaz, for the forceful and clear MJJC statement! I especially commend MJJC and M.J.A.N. for making such strong and timely statements, and especially, the Estate is to be commended for their response. This one WORKED. It was only a matter of hours after the fans' reactions that Simmons was removed from the line-up. This has been an example of social action, at its most effective! The statements were clear, and the fan protest made it's way to CNN! Use of social media was VERY effective in spreading word about this protest. Good job!

I have NO doubt that the Estate have their assigned readers here, and are responsive to fans. Their letter mentions many points mentioned in threads, HERE. Our words DO matter!
----------------------------

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h1 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 24pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-weight: bold; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }span.Heading1Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }span.authorvcard { }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> http://mjanwatch.wordpress.com/2011...rt-for-michael-jackson-by-global-live-events/

http://mjanwatch.wordpress.com/

August 15, 2011
[h=1]Fans Call For Boycott Of Tribute Concert for Michael Jackson by Global Live Events[/h] [h=1][/h] By mjanwatch
It has been announced by a spokesman for Global Live Events, that the rock-group, KISS, including Gene Simmons, will be performing at the Tribute concert. The concert is being organized by some of the Jackson family. Simmons has made extremely negative statements about Michael in the past, and the fans of Michael Jackson are APPALLED, DISGUSTED, and OUTRAGED. Not only is KISS scheduled to perform, but it&#8217;s likely that Michael&#8217;s children will be &#8220;required&#8221; to attend this concert. This lack of respect toward Michael simply cannot be tolerated. Incredibly, Katherine Jackson said on CNN, on August 15, 2011, &#8220;I know (Michael) would be very excited about KISS.&#8221; There seems to be a major disconnect going on here, about Simmons&#8217; previous disrespect of Michael Jackson!

Simmons has said, on his FaceBook page, on June 27, 2009, &#8220;When there are children involved&#8230;when there are allegations (many) of child molestation&#8230;when there are admissions of inviting countless young boys to spend weekends and sometimes Michael&#8217;s bed with them (Michael&#8217;s quote), clothed or unclothed&#8230;makes no difference&#8230;when there are payoffs to the children making the accusations in the $20,000,000 range ($20 Million Dollars!!! &#8212; as reported by Media) &#8230;.There&#8217;s more than doubt in my mind.

This doesn&#8217;t take into consideration Michael&#8217;s children&#8230;none of whom are biologically his. All three of whom have had a &#8220;strange&#8221; upbringing. But then, we don&#8217;t know much, except a &#8220;Father&#8221; who thought nothing of dangling his young child over the balcony (head covered in a towel), so his fans could get a thrill.&#8221;

These statements, made only two days after Michael&#8217;s death, are the ultimate in disrespect.

The concert is scheduled for October 8th, 2011. Two of the Jackson siblings &#8212; Randy, and Jermaine &#8212; have declined to participate, stating that the concert would be held during the trial of Conrad Murray, the physician who is accused of causing Michael Jackson&#8217;s death. The timing of this concert is deplorable, as is the appearance of KISS, performing Michael Jackson&#8217;s music.
Already there has been controversy over this concert regarding ticket sales. The tickets are being apportioned according to the amount of money donated to charities, and unfortunately, that will exclude many fans from being able to attend.

We are appealing to Michael Jackson&#8217;s REAL fans: DO NOT ATTEND THIS CONCERT. Do not waste your money or support on this so-called tribute. If you wish to honor Michael Jackson&#8217;s memory and legacy, please donate funds to SOMALI RELIEF, as over 29,000 Somali children have died in less than 90 days due to drought and famine. Do what Michael would do and support those that are in need. If you feel uncomfortable about this tribute concert, then DO NOT GO.

Horn of Africa Relief:
http://unicef.org
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/articles/food_crisis_in_kenya/
http://www.mercyusa.org/SomaliaDroughtFamineRelief.cfm
http://www.care.org/
http://doctorswithoutborders.org/news/

the estate is not really threatening the promoters. they just raised questions about the companies and individuals who are profiting. We know who.

I am so naive. For some reason I thought this was a project Joe wasn't involved in. So he went to Asia not to scare the fans away from this tribute?

Yes that jumped out at me as well, although I guess I knew he was bound to be there somewhere. But to what extent...... is KJ just the stool pigeon or is Joe the fall guy.

Michael Jackson Estate Something Stinks Over the MJ Tribute Concert
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/16/micha...ales-kiss-gene-simmons-called-child-molester/

Thanks LastTear.

LOL! I mentioned TMZ because the other day, Katherine and Global Live were quick to provide TMZ with their invitation to Kanye West.

They "probably" thought the TMZ would help them promote this fiasco.

Now look, not only did they provide the Estate's letter, it also seems that have mentioned the names of Joe Jackson AND Leonard Rowe. Two names that folks do not want to hear.

This is like a REALTIME soap opera! A very bad realtime soap opera.

Speechless ... just Speechless at the shocking inclusion of KISS.

Thanks to MJJC though, for the official statement making clear that MJ's fans are definately against this latest developement.

There are some BIZARRE things taking place which makes no sense.

Actually ... nothing has made sense since 25th June 2010 :(

Back