MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

They are just desperately trying to save face by claiming he "admired" them. They'll say Michael admired every artist who takes apart of this "tribute"..Heck if a random person on the street were to take apart of it, they would say "Michael admired this person.." :lol:

BTW didn't the invitations Katherine sent out to everyone say "My son was a big fan of yours" or something like that?

They will say or do anything to get the fans to buy into this scheme.

Last edited:
Latest posting from the tribute page...looks like they'r not thinking of cancelling!!!! (I'm assuming this is PR)
Chrissy Lang
let's get some positive energy going folks! Everything's gonna be alright... :)

Are the promoters offering to make some changes ????
...Linda Durogene
so what is that people want exactly--the concert moved to another date, diffferent performers, no concert-What? Now that we see the promoters are paying attention-why don't we tell them exactly what we want and not curse at them. 10 minutes ago ·LikeUnlike ·

.Linda Durogene I agree
5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Linda Durogene Andres-you don't know that-maybe now that the promoters see how vocal we can be--they might make some changes. who knows?4 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

It's actually that all those "pr" (?) people have been MIA since yesterday

Kiss is a band Michael admired?

WTF!

I remember I once saw a pic of these clowns with Michael taken during the Bad era and don't know why, but I was actually surprised to see them together. I was like, "Mike even knew these guys existed?!" lol

Last edited:

Ridiculous. They'll say anything. It's actually embarrassing. I'm cringing now at how bad this all is...

Personally I think it's just hilarious. They have no idea who the man they claim to organize a tribute for is. It has become totally pathetic. They have sunk their own ship. :hysterical:

I took a look at that FB page and there are a lot of non fans on there. I noted that one person was telling us to get over ourselves as LaToya had said the same thing. (or words to that effect).

[h=1]KISS booted from Jackson tribute amid fan uproar[/h] By Alan Duke, CNN
August 16, 2011 -- Updated 1811 GMT (0211 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: "We have listened to Michael's fans," the promoter says
  • KISS leader Gene Simmons made negative remarks about Michael Jackson after his death
  • Tribute organizers say they were unaware of the comments
  • Several fan sites were calling for a boycott of the October 8 concert

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Promoters yanked the rock band KISS from the Michael Jackson tribute show Tuesday after fans called their attention to negative remarks KISS leader Gene Simmons made about the pop star in the weeks after his death.
The reversals came a day after Katherine Jackson appeared live on CNN to announce the addition of KISS to the lineup for "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert," scheduled for October 8 in Cardiff, Wales.
"We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to these unfortunate statements by Gene Simmons," Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt told CNN Tuesday.
Fan clubs appeared in open revolt against the tribute show after promoters added the group. Fan websites pointed to published interviews in which Simmons spoke about his suspicions that Jackson, who was acquitted of child molestation in 2005, was a pedophile.
The executors of the Michael Jackson estate also spoke out late Monday, sending a letter to the promoters saying they were "especially disappointed" by the announcement that KISS was in the show. The estate asked promoters to provide an explanation.
sbt.jackson.tribute.cnn.640x360.jpg
Jackson's kids excited about tribute
drew.murray.defense.cnn.640x360.jpg
Murray defense: Put Jackson on trial?
"As I am sure you are aware, Mr. Simmons has made numerous disparaging public comments about Michael Jackson after his passing," estate lawyer Howard Weitzman wrote in the letter obtained by CNN. He called media coverage of the controversy "extraordinarily embarrassing."
The estate, which has not sanctioned the event, also questioned the promoters' promise to share profits with charities and a provision in the terms of the ticket sale that so long as 50% of the billed acts show up there would be no refunds,.
"It is a concern to us that loyal Michael Jackson fans will pay for tickets and not receive full benefit for their purchase, nor will they be able to get a full refund if certain artists they paid to see cancel their participation," the letter said.
The promoters replied Tuesday morning.
"Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired, we have no choice but to rescind our invitation to them to appear in our tribute concert," Hunt said.
Promoters, who had hoped the addition of the legendary group would bolster their lineup, said they were unaware of Simmons' statements when they booked KISS for the show.
"We offer our sincerest apologies to Mrs. Jackson and the family for this oversight. Our primary concern must be to do justice to Michael's memory, and to put on a tribute that the family and the fans will find suitable and fit for a King, our King of Pop," Hunt said.
Simmons' comments were well-known among many Jackson fans. Fan websites quickly posted scathing objections after Monday's announcement.
"In the days following Michael Jackson's death, Gene Simmons has made slanderous, derogatory comments about Michael and his children," the fan site United For Michael Jackson's Legacy said. "It is quite ironic that Simmons has now agreed to himself pay tribute to the man he called a child predator."
The fan website MJ4Justice was one of several calling for a boycott of the show.
"Either they don't have access to computers, telephones or do not know how to use GOOGLE," MJ4Justice said in an online statement. "But, There is NO excuse for the Tribute organizers NOT to know Gene Simmons should not be part of any Michael Jackson Tribute Event."
Global Live Events executives appeared with Jackson matriarch Katherine Jackson on CNN Monday to announce the signing of KISS.
"I know he would be very excited about KISS," Michael Jackson's mother said.
But within minutes, their tribute's Facebook page was filled with negative fan reactions.
"This is a complete disgrace," wrote one fan. "You can kiss your audience goodbye folks. I doubt whether any self-respecting fan will pay a penny to see that man after the comments he made about Michael. I'm shocked this act was even considered."
The KISS controversy overshadowed other announcements that promoters expected would gain fan support for their show, including word that many of the musicians who played in Jackson's touring band for the past two decades would reunite as the show's house band.
Kevin Dorsey, who served as musical director for several Michael Jackson tours, will direct the show.
Other acts signed for the show include Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Cee Lo Green and JLS. Alternative rock band Alien Ant Farm and British R&B singer Craig David are also on the bill.
Members of the Jackson family set to take the stage include "the next generation of Jacksons" and 3T, which consists of Tito Jackson's three sons, the promoters said.
It is also expected that one or more of the three Jackson sisters -- Janet, La Toya and Rebe -- will perform.
It appeared unlikely the tribute stage would be the scene for a reunion for the surviving members of the Jackson 5. While Jackie, Tito and Marlon support the concert, brothers Jermaine and Randy have publicly objected to the show being held at the same time as the trial for Michael Jackson's doctor.
"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death," Jermaine and Randy Jackson said in a joint statement last month.
Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial is scheduled to begin in September and is expected to continue through October.
"The trial is very important and I can understand how Randy and Jermaine feel, but it's been two years," Katherine Jackson told CNN Monday. "I thought it was a good idea; I'd like to keep Michael's legacy alive."
Katherine Jackson plans to attend the trial, although she will miss some days to fly to Wales to attend the show with Michael Jackson's children, she said.
"It will be on a Saturday when the courtroom is dark," said Paul Ring, a Global Live Events executive.
Fans can get tickets through a two-step process. They must first "register their interest for tickets" online at www.michaelforevertribute.com. A lottery then will decide which fans will be e-mailed invitations to complete the ticket purchase.
The concert in the Wales Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, which seats 75,000 people, will be at least four hours long, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ...tribute.controversy/index.html?iref=allsearch

Too little, too late, in my opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, the damage is done.

And if Kiss signed a contract, they better pray the Simmons doesn't come after them for his payment. LOL!

Michael admired kiss? I'd say there was a bigger chance of him admiring me!

If they really wanted to hoste performers that Michael admired or even liked (most of those he did admire have already passed!), they would invite Diana Ross, Whitney, maybe Prince, certainly Usher... I really don't recall Michael ever having said anything about kiss and I've been a fan for 20 years and have read into Michael.

I would hardly call what Simmons said 'unfortunate'. And they should have been aware and if they werent then they should have acted faster ie after the first posting on the FB page.

Michael admired kiss? I'd say there was a bigger chance of him admiring me!

If they really wanted to hoste performers that Michael admired or even liked (most of those he did admire have already passed!), they would invite Diana Ross, Whitney, maybe Prince, certainly Usher... I really don't recall Michael ever having said anything about kiss and I've been a fan for 20 years and have read into Michael.

Boys II Men, Prince, Diana Ross, Usher, Lady Gaga, Slash, Andrea Bocelli, Wycleff Jean, Will I Am, Akon, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, etc, etc, etc...
Just a few examples of people Michael DID appreciate. I cant imagine KISS scoring high on his list of favourites!

"Amid fan uproar?" I'd say SO! :ph34r::tease:

They'd better watch out! If "Genie" already signed a contract, I'd expect a lawsuit to follow? Next? Other acts bailing as this becomes evermore toxic? :puke:

i support this statement,

Hmmm... I don't think it's IMpossible that Michael admired KISS. It was back in the day and Diana was dating Gene. There was some association/connection there and we know Michael like a lot of different types of music. The extent of the admiration...whether great or small is moot at this point, tho. Good to know Gene is out. Maybe the organizers, if this show is to continue, will be more careful from now on.

"but I think the heart of this is that the Jackson estate doesn`t benefit all of the Jacksons, and it`s a large brood, and so Katherine wants to help out her other kids and her other grand kids. *

She wants to provide a huge stage for all of them. She`s being a good grandma in her own mind because it`s going to be a family affair."

That's what I think too. But it's no excuse
for getting involved with anybody without obviously having a clue who they are; not to mention having the kids involved.

Agree. And I don't have a problem with KJ being a good mother/grandmother to her surviving kids and grandchildren. It's admirable. My issue is WHY does it always seem to be at Michael's expense? It's always his name, image and reputation that gets dragged thru the mud when these ventures to benefit ERRRYBody else goes off-track becuz of shadiness, incompetence or ignorance? Straight f*ckery. It's like NOTHING is ever on the up-and-up...always shortcuts to quick money using Michael's name/image or likeness. Even the Joe products are based on a logo Michael once owned. I mean, Cheezus Friggin Christmas. Create your own logo...and make sure it looks nothing like or similar to anything Michaelish. Ugh!

So sick of seeing Michael under the bus for the benefit of EVERYBODY else's good name, reputation and monetary gain. Even in death it just doesn't stop. It's actually kinda worse now cuz his kids are being roped into things innocently thinking they're doing something great for the father. It's like watching the lambs being led to the slaughter. :( And that tacky arse donation check to those kids who should want for NOTHING was a slap in Michael's face...as if he could not and did not provide for his kids as well as a slap in the Estate's face as if they are allowing Michael's kids to suffer and go without in some way. I agree with everyone who said there are kids in this world who are TRULY in need, yet people are parading 100,000 checks around for MJ's kids. Again, all this do-goodery at Michael's expense. It's like no one THINKS beyond the $$ signs and their own egos in that operation.

:clapping:

The bold is the case and I really hope the Gene Simmons fiasco FINALLY helps get through to Katherine that she knows nothing about how Michael as a corporation functions, and that she knows even less about the entertainment industryl. Her ventures have been an embarassment. From low scale in hawking guady belts to major attempts such as a tribute.
She needs to stick to selling flowers and stay out of HIS business.SHE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SHE'S DOING AND NEITHER DO THE PEOPLE SHE ALIGNS HERSELF WITH.

ALL.OF.THIS...All day long!! ^^

The remaining members of KJ's family are all seemingly healthy, able-bodied and possibly talented individuals. There's no need for an 84 yr old grandma to NEED to do right by anyone. She's done her do. Time for her to relax and enjoy her grandkids as Michael wanted her to do. Leave the business to the people WITH EXPERIENCE her son left in charge to do so appropriately...legitimately, on his behalf. What the others do for their own careers and for the family is their biz.

I also wish KJ would stop allowing ppl to use her and the children as "the face" of all these projects so others can escape criticism. Let them front their own ish. This tactic doesn't work anymore. See, it's one thing to respect someone...it's another to have that respect taken for granted and ABUSED to oblivion. It's actually quite despicable. It's emotional blackmail and I gotta say I'm GLAD to see many fans are no longer falling prey to this. The people who parade Michael's mother before the public to front projects are de.spi.ca.ble! Whether she agrees to it and thinks it's a great idea is beyond the point, for me now. And whether the kids like or agree to something is a non-issue for me as well. They're kids...and I don't say that to be dismissive of their thoughts and feelings. I say that becuz we were all 9, 13 and 14 once. Think about what you knew at that age about your family, friends, life, etc.... or what you THOUGHT you knew.... and what you actually know NOW. They are at highly impressionable ages...especially the oldest 2...and KJ is the closest thing they have to their father left along with cousins aunts and uncles. It wouldn't be surprising if they are going along to get along in many an instance

Definitely shot themselves in the foot regardless of all the scrambling going on to distance themselves from it all.

Katherine on Showbiz Tonight on HLN

"Amid fan uproar?" I'd say SO! :ph34r::tease:

They'd better watch out! If "Genie" already signed a contract, I'd expect a lawsuit to follow? Next? Other acts bailing as this becomes evermore toxic? :puke:

Actually, "Genie" would be doing himself a favor to go away quietly considering how badly this makes him look. He was a man so adamant about Michael's pedo-status YET was willing to get PAID for a tribute in MJ's honor. Hypocrite much? He better sit all the way down. Hopefully, this tribute goes down the drain by some other route. Michael's name and the allegations crap has been thrown around enuf in regards to this.

Do you see anyone familiar?

19p35s.jpg

4nmht.jpg

I would love to know how the "registration" is going.

Is today the last day of registration, I sort of recall today being the last day. Does anybody know?

Actually, "Genie" would be doing himself a favor to go away quietly considering how badly this makes him look. He was a man so adamant about Michael's pedo-status YET was willing to get PAID for a tribute in MJ's honor. Hypocrite much? He better sit all the way down. Hopefully, this tribute goes down the drain by some other route. Michael's name and the allegations crap has been thrown around enuf in regards to this.

If "Genie" was ethically challenged enough to sign on for this TRIBUTE, then I'd expect he's also ethically challenged enough to SUE if he already signed a contract. :ph34r: Whatever.

There may be lawsuits down the road that would affect EVERYONE associated, if this is the very last straw for the Estate. And, it MIGHT be, given the sketchiness of this event as "charitable." (Charity to the Jackson brood does NOT count). Given the statement by the Estate, I'd expect other artists to get off the stage, as well? Before even more damage is done? :timer:

I would love to know how the "registration" is going.

Is today the last day of registration, I sort of recall today being the last day. Does anybody know?

It was , now it goes on till August 21st.

@Ivy yep LaToya at the helm, nose to the ground following the money trail.

I always find it hard watching Katherine getting choked up about Michael. I just wish she would let the others just get on with it and keep herself and the children out of it.

same guy Paul Ring. one is a picture from yesterday's CNN appearance. the other one is a picture from Ja-Tail meeting.

WOW... That's it... If I EVER said anything BAD about the MJ estate? I take it back and it was only GRIEF talking... That's one cool letter... Especially, the last 'paragraph'...

"Michael made sure his fans were treated with the outmost respect..." :clap:
Thanks Mr. Weitzman for 'showing' so much respect for us, the MJ LOYAL fans

as for the 'tribute' :beee:its just another $$$$$ scam...
"Instead of this $$$$ scam, THEY should better SEEK JUSTICE of WHY Michael was TAKING so soon from his kids and us... So everyone can HEAL and LEARN...
HONORING Michael's legacy doesn't include TRIBUTES but should be about WHAT Michael taught us... L.O.V.E for one and other and CARING for the earth :girl_pride:

Thanks for the statement Ivy and MJJCcommunity :wub: We can't let anyone SLANDER and HURT Michael's legacy...
WE are Michael's VOICE now, right!

Sincerely signed,
Daryll.

Last edited:

The organisers can go forth and multiply with their slimey statement.do they think we were born yesterday

same guy Paul Ring. one is a picture from yesterday's CNN appearance. the other one is a picture from Ja-Tail meeting.

Well, he's better be at the Ja-Tail meeting since he's the president of Ja Tail Interactive : http://jatail.com/paul_ring.php

Now we know where the connection is, and how these people "approached" the family...

Back