MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Maybe we should do an 'inquiring minds want to know' kind of letter and find how deep the rabbit hole goes!

Who in the Jackson family was involved and to what degree!

Cause if this was cooked up by LaToya's Ja-Tail connections and then presented to Katherine Jackson with LaToya acting as though she is hearing the idea for the first time ...

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

I was just in bed and then a thought hit me and I came back to talk about LaTonta. Good to see we are discussing her now.

La Toya (sorry about the name calling before) sat in that press conference pretending for all the world as though she was just a family member supporting this thing. She was there when they pretended to have already lined up the entertainers. It is unethical of her not to have made full disclosure at that time, to indicate her connections to GLE!

But I suspect she did not want to have her hand exposed and face further recriminations for using Michael for her own personal financial gain.

That family both loved and resented Michael. The sooner they deal with that resentment, the better off they all will be. Straight talk.

True, every word of it. She was involved from the beginning, that is why that company has such a recent history. The family resents Michael because he went on to be famous and they could not use him as they used to. They are glad of his fame on one hand because they benefit from it, and on the other hand there is deep resentment because of his fame.

If you stay up so late when a fake charity is involved, what time will we go to bed when the trial start? This should have been a time for us to get rest to deal with the trial ahead, but here we are being disturbed.

:lol:

La Toya (sorry about the name calling before)

:p

Is anyone surprised Rebbie isn't involved in this mess of a tribute?

And Janet too. She said nothing.... yet. I find it odd that Joe has not yet appeared talking about this tribute crap.... :fear:

I hate this silence about the whole thing.... :fear: *big sigh*

I am just glad that Michael's estate spoke up about all this. Great letter from them :p

That doesn't even make sense.

If Global Live didn't have some of the family on board, they couldn't even dream of doing the concert without the estate. At least with the family, even though it would never be official no matter what they write, it would gain some support from the fans and the media. It's not like they could call it an 'official' Michael concert without either the family or the estate.

Jermaine is talking out of his butt again. No doubt trying to cover the family stupid mistake while making himself look good. Very self-serving.
Very self-serving indeed. After all he's plotting a MJ book that he wants us to buy in September. I am NOT touching that book. He's just another leech using a different tactic to exploit for the zillionth time MJ image and likeness.

There is a distinct possibility that there are 75,000 people who love Michael and react to things on the surface. They love his music, thought he was great and now his momma wants to give him a tribute. Nothing wrong with that.

We have a few posters like that on this board. That is their opinion.

But as a Michael Jackson fan context is everything. And now that we have to deal with this family, context is paramount.

We have to watch them like hawks and we have to call them out when they need to be called out.

Let me clear - I do not know all the goings-on in that family. And there may have been times when Michael hurt or ignored members of his family. And there may well be reasons for the passive-aggressive stuff that we see from them. But that stuff is private family stuff and they may need to work out in therapy.

When it comes to the public sphere that family needs to get its act together, acknowledge that they are INCAPABLE of handling the Michael Jackson brand. And the more they try to tarnish that brand (purposely or accidentally), the stronger they make us a force. Cause we ain't going nowhere!
@bold part:. This is why it's absolutely paramount that the Estate pounce on this whole charade with no mercy. the MJ brand and legacy is too valuable to NOT intervene in some capacity. I am smelling a lawsuit down the line.

Last edited:

And a fyi - something we are evaluating at the moment

Dear Messrs. Hunt and Ring:

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

Fantastic. You have my blessing. Send it to those bastards! Please send a copy to the Estate. I am sure the Estate would be interested in this kind of development as they prepare to confront those idiots of GL.

I was just in bed and then a thought hit me and I came back to talk about LaTonta. Good to see we are discussing her now.

La Toya (sorry about the name calling before) sat in that press conference pretending for all the world as though she was just a family member supporting this thing. She was there when they pretended to have already lined up the entertainers. It is unethical of her not to have made full disclosure at that time, to indicate her connections to GLE!

But I suspect she did not want to have her hand exposed and face further recriminations for using Michael for her own personal financial gain.

That family both loved and resented Michael. The sooner they deal with that resentment, the better off they all will be. Straight talk.

Personnally I have always felt like there was some sort of emotional disconnect between MJ and the Jacksons. Hence, he's always been looking for a surrogate family (e.g Casio, Arvizo, Chandlers, etc..,) that would love him as a human rather for his bank account and fame.

We have known the family is opportunistic when it comes to Michael Jackson (Joe promoting himself in June 2009, the A&E show months later, the books, etc. etc.). I, personally, think Latoya is very simple minded and naive in many ways. She seems to jump on these opportunities, yet I still do not think her intent is to harm Michael in any way.

I also think that it is a lot easier on us fans to compile everything anyone has ever said or done regarding Michael. Even as a die-hard fan, I forget a lot of the good/bad things that have happened over the last 20 years but it is all readily accessible to me on this forum. And when people rear their ugly heads (i.e. this Kiss guy), I am quickly (and thankfully) reminded by all of you.

However, I really don't think the 50-60 year old Jackson members know every little detail being said about Michael by the hundreds and thousands of talking heads over the last 40 years of their lives. I don't expect them to, nor do I think they have that responsibility. I think things will continue to be missed and not always due to these clever conspiracies that I read about here. I feel like the Jacksons as a whole are being held to an unattainable standard because they cannot please 100% of us fans. Some want answers/tweets/statements over every little thing in the news. Others want them to be silent and mind their own business. It's a lose lose for them.

That being said, in the grand scheme, I don't think this concert is going to change Michael's name, brand, or legacy. Michael Jackson will live longer than everyone else in this play.

We have known the family is opportunistic when it comes to Michael Jackson (Joe promoting himself in June 2009, the A&E show months later, the books, etc. etc.). I, personally, think Latoya is very simple minded and naive in many ways. She seems to jump on these opportunities, yet I still do not think her intent is to harm Michael in any way.

I also think that it is a lot easier on us fans to compile everything anyone has ever said or done regarding Michael. Even as a die-hard fan, I forget a lot of the good/bad things that have happened over the last 20 years but it is all readily accessible to me on this forum. And when people rear their ugly heads (i.e. this Kiss guy), I am quickly (and thankfully) reminded by all of you.

However, I really don't think the 50-60 year old Jackson members know every little detail being said about Michael by the hundreds and thousands of talking heads over the last 40 years of their lives. I don't expect them to, nor do I think they have that responsibility. I think things will continue to be missed and not always due to these clever conspiracies that I read about here. I feel like the Jacksons as a whole are being held to an unattainable standard because they cannot please 100% of us fans. Some want answers/tweets/statements over every little thing in the news. Others want them to be silent and mind their own business. It's a lose lose for them.

That being said, in the grand scheme, I don't think this concert is going to change Michael's name, brand, or legacy. Michael Jackson will live longer than everyone else in this play.

That's what Googles is for. They could had easily put any those artist names and then put Michael's name in and found any statement they made. It isn't like Gene made his views secret, one of them was clearly stated on his blog. There is also little to no proof that Michael even listened to KISS. They were other rock bands that he liked and respected, but I am not even sure they even invited them. You don't have to come to a Michael Jackson board to find the nasty things people said. You can do the same thing using Youtube.

Sorry in this day and age of information, you can't really use the 'I didn't know' excuse because there are too many ways of getting information. If we're going to use their age as the reason why they are not tech savvy, that won't work either. Because they clearly know how to use twitter so Google isn't a giant leap.

I also won't count as 'every little thing' as missing when someone called the person they want to honor a pedo. The fact that they didn't even twitter about not knowing and instead said nothing doesn't help. Jermaine didn't even type a response until nearly two days went by and Jackie who has been twittering the whole time acted like nothing happened when fans' ask for a response. You don't treat the people who are selling to like this, I don't care who they are.

well, to be fair, the link was posted by MJonlineteam, that represent the Estate :) so they might have notified the fans. but I don't see it as a crime. It wasn't some sort of a top secret info, everything was on an open site in the internet. they just let us know where to look.

I personally never saw that tweet. And it's irrelevant any way. The information was easily available like JMie said, and more importantly, it's true. That's what they should focus on : telling the truth.

Re-Jerm tweets, I'm not impressed at all. Instead of tweeting, he should talk to his sister, and straighten things with her. Not fooled either by his new saint like attitude, he's got a book to sell, and we all know who the targeted buyers are. And he was one of the first who tried to make money from Michael in 09.

Jermaine comes across as a spoiled kid (which he did on the reality show as well), going against his mother in public and tweeting his 'concerns'. He should do something about it when he feels so strongly about it.

True, every word of it. She was involved from the beginning, that is why that company has such a recent history. The family resents Michael because he went on to be famous and they could not use him as they used to. They are glad of his fame on one hand because they benefit from it, and on the other hand there is deep resentment because of his fame.

If you stay up so late when a fake charity is involved, what time will we go to bed when the trial start? This should have been a time for us to get rest to deal with the trial ahead, but here we are being disturbed.

Very true, there is a deep resentment indeed, I've stated this many times and I'm gonna say it out loud again, they resent him because while he went on to become this huge star he was, they went on to become nobody's. They couldn't fathom why Michael was the 'lucky' one and not them. Of course if they weren't as jealous, ignorant, egoistic, and cocky as some of them seem to be, they'd see that there was hard work and a lot of struggle behind Michael's success. If they weren't the above mentioned things, they'd realize that to this day they are nobody without Michael. They always relied on Michael's back, they needed him ever since he was a 5 year old boy, and even now in death, they need him, they have to rely on him, they need his name to get some kind of attention. Their totally reduced to being Michael Jackson's sibling/s.
IMHO, Michael enormous fame is the ultimate slap into their faces, while it helps them as they benefit from it, it's also the reason why they resent him so much. All they can do is resent him, Michael's larger than life shadow is still above them, that's something they'll never ever escape, neither them nor their wanna be singer offspring. And that's the ultimate victory for Michael, because despite of everything, he's still so above them, even though he is dead, their status and ''fame/celebrity'' especially outside the States is totally reduced to being Michael Jackson's siblings. I know it's gotta hurt their huge egos.

True.

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

Ivy, great letter. Who else is coming on board?

already sent him. :)

I also remembered a reference to Paul Ring on Latoya's book.

69g9hl.jpg

Wow...this reads like a who's who of Jacksons hangers-on

Whadya thinking Jermaine? That we were born last night? The excuses you make on behalf of your family are just as laughable and stupidly transparent as their actions. Makes me believe that you would have been right in the pit with them promoting this phoney gig if not for the book tour.

This is not the first time LaTonta has taken advantage of specific dates/periods that would see increased media focus on Michael. First, it was the supposed self-help book, conveniently released close to Michael's 2nd year death anniversary. And now, it's a phoney gig smack dab in the middle of the trial.

And wasn't LaTonta frantically following the trail of the money so that she can bring Michael's true killers to justice? I suppose she COULD be multi-tasking but I highly doubt it!

:lol: @ the bolded! Oh please, I'm sure monotasking is enough of a challenge for her.

Sincerely,

Great! Perhaps you could also add to the letter that we (the fans) don't appreciate how Michael's children are being tied to this fiasco and used to draw in ticket buyers.

I'll actually list more connection between Latoya and Global Live Events

Eric Bute from Global Live events (http://www.globalliveeventsuk.com/archives/35) is the same person that directed Latoya's Michael Tribute video "Home" in 2009.

Look what one follower fan wrote on her facebook

"OMG! I just read who was involved as the US CEO for the Tribute concert in question. Same director who interviewed me as a participant in a Documentary meant to be released on June 25th, 2011. An American documentary focusing on his murder and everyone involved. It was never realeased then and I was told it was on the back-burner for a while. I found out that the director in question ended up directing Latoya's latest video and is now part of this venture and chose to ignore/forget/let go of his true first intentions with this documentary. After my participation, off camera I was asked what I wanted this documentary to represent and I answered by saying "I hope this can have as much as an impact as a Michael Moore Documentary". His present staff who sat there during the whole recording answered back by saying " He's better than Michael Moore".

Well. I just discovered that the people behind the tribute include that director and Leonard Rowe, Joseph Jackson and Latoya Jackson. Links go back to Latoya;s website and products she is selling, including her new book. Yes, in her book she mentions the followers (which includes me) who were there the last few months and who tried to save him and who knew the truth....It's all a very sick sick world.

Samantha De Gosson"

well, to be fair, the link was posted by MJonlineteam, that represent the Estate :) so they might have notified the fans. but I don't see it as a crime. It wasn't some sort of a top secret info, everything was on an open site in the internet. they just let us know where to look.

they just gave a link in latoya's website - like you said all public. the rest - pictures, involvement in her video , thanks in her book etc were all uncovered by the fans.

and from the start fans have been looking into global live events and their ceo - chris hunt-.

Jackson Family ‘At War’ Over Michael Forever Tribute Concert

By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

The Jackson family is at war over the Michael Forever Tribute Concert, and a major contributing factor is Katherine Jackson's decision to have Michael's three children attend the event, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

The concert is scheduled to take place in Wales, Great Britain on October 8, 2011.

Michael’s brothers Jermaine and Randy are also upset about the timing of the concert, because Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial will be going on at the same time.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported Murray, who worked as Jackson’s personal physician, has been charged in connection with his former client’s death.

"Randy and Jermaine just don't think it's a good idea for Katherine, who is 81 years old, to fly all the way over to Britain for the concert, along with Michael's children.

“Prince and Paris need to stay in school, and not be used for publicity. Jermaine is very concerned about his mother's health because of the stress she is under with the upcoming trial of Dr. Murray. Katherine has vowed to be at the trial as much as possible, and her sons are concerned about the toll that all of this is taking on her," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

According to the terms and conditions for the sale of the tickets on the website for the concert, it states: "Michael's mother Mrs. Katherine Jackson has agreed to attend the Concert with as many of Michael's children as are available."

Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Leona Lewis, and Smokey Robinson are scheduled to perform at the concert.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...e-concert-katherine-taking-his-three-children

^ I'm glad for that article, more needs to be made of the kids required involvement and their publicity abuse.

honestly, I haven't seen much advertisement for this concert here in the UK. There was the odd article on BBC news website but really if I wasnt attached to a fan forum I wouldn't know much about it. I think the only way they will cancel it is if there is severely low demand but since thry only need 75,000 people they might be able to do it, but then again all fans attached to clubs know what is going on and so it would be up to the casual fans who i truely hope would rather pay their rent, especially all those in far away lands. So basically their target audience is casual fans in and around Cardiff, so 75,000 looks pretty difficult.

Every DANG day there is a new negative story regarding this so-called Tribute Concert.

It's beyond embarrassing now, in my opinion. I don't even know what the word would be in this case, i.e. More then embarrassing.

Can the promoters survive with this much drama day in and day out. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Well except for the time Jermaine tried to do a tribute concert. LOL! But, in my opinion, this is worse. If that's even possible.

ivy;3460356 said:
“Prince and Paris need to stay in school, and not be used for publicity.

DUH.I dont know who that "source" is , but (s)he's the only one with common sense in their neighborhood.

Wow...this reads like a who's who of Jacksons hangers-on

Should i be shocked that she thanked brian oxman in that list?........mmm i guess maybe not lol

ivy;3460356 said:
Jackson Family ‘At War’ Over Michael Forever Tribute Concert

By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

The Jackson family is at war over the Michael Forever Tribute Concert, and a major contributing factor is Katherine Jackson's
decision to have Michael's three children attend the event, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
The concert is scheduled to take place in Wales, Great Britain on October 8, 2011.
Michael’s brothers Jermaine and Randy are also upset about the timing of the concert, because Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial will be going on at the same time.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported Murray, who worked as Jackson’s personal physician, has been charged in connection with his former client’s death
"Randy and Jermaine just don't think it's a good idea for Katherine, who is 81 years old, to fly all the way over to Britain for the concert, along with Michael's children
“Prince and Paris need to stay in school, and not be used for publicity. Jermaine is very concerned about his mother's health because of the stress she is under with the upcoming trial of Dr. Murray. Katherine has vowed to be at the trial as much as p
ossible, and her sons are concerned about the toll that all of this is taking on her," a source close to the situation tells Radar
Online.com.
According to the terms and conditions for the sale of the tickets on the website for the concert, it states: "Michael's mother Mrs. Katherine Jackson has agreed to attend the Concert with as many of Michael's children as are available."
Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Leona Lewis, and Smokey Robinson are scheduled to perform at the concert.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...e-concert-katherine-taking-his-three-children

Who is looking out for KJ and MJ? This family have no shame about using old people and children to line there greedy pocket.
What matter of a man are the Jackson's men? None to protect there elderly mother and there orphan N/N,
I strongly say both fans and none fans should boycott this event it's reek with greed.
I have no ideas how MJ deal with this lot so long, they act too greedy to love, alway wanting to trick us fans into buying something. Why can't they deal with thing in a honest way.

Instead of a tribute it would have been more honest to say 'Jackson family in need of money, send your donations to us in memory of MJ'!!!!!!!

Who is looking out for KJ and MJ? This family have no shame about using old people and children to line there greedy pocket.
What matter of a man are the Jackson's men? None to protect there elderly mother and there orphan N/N,
I strongly say both fans and none fans should boycott this event it's reek with greed.
I have no ideas how MJ deal with this lot so long, they act too greedy to love, alway wanting to trick us fans into buying something. Why can't they deal with thing in a honest way.

I find it worst that some in the family only now sees the kids involvement as outrage. They had been listed on that website for days and not one of them said a freaking thing even when Mrs. Jackson said they would be there on CNN. I mean, they can't be that dense.

Worst yet, I learned from another forum that Jermaine and Randy was with Mrs. Jackson when they announce KISS. Yes, Mr. 'The promoters are using my mom' was there on Monday. Yet, none of them bothered to use Google.

God, this entire family is a disgrace.

Back