MJ @ Grammys....He will NOT Perform, According to Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayik

Proud Member
They just showed a new grammys commercial on CBS around 9pm EST and they announce a surprise opening performance!!!

They announced Tina Turner, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Cher, Beatles Tribute and others as performers and then they said "and dont miss a special surprise performance" . Could this be what we are hoping for?

Re: Surprise Performer At The Grammys!

It could be. But I don't think that the Grammies would miss the opportunity to advertise Michael's performance and get the highest ratings possible. After all, that is their goal.

It could be. But I don't think that the Grammies would miss the opportunity to advertise Michael's performance and get the highest ratings possible. After all, that is their goal.

Yes but, it can be anybody! Michael, Madonna, Mariah, or Janet are my best bets. And, don't lie. They wouldn't advertise Michael's performance. Having a 'surprise performer' would make any fan of ANYBODY watch the show because they wouldn't know who it is. The Mariah fans will watch to see if it might be her, or the Madonna fans, the MJ fans, the Janet fans etc.... Having a surprise unites more viewers. Obviously.

If Michael wants it to be a surprise, you can bet your sweet a$$ the Grammys won't say a word! Because if they did, Michael might back out altogether! So WATCH OUT PPL!!!

Not likely, unfortunately.

It could be Michael... Or it could be one of his stand in's... like Usher... or Chris... or Justin... lol.

I hope it's Michael. But if not, I hope it's Mariah.

Last edited:

I thought the voice over guy said a special tribute to MJ when they played a clip of Man in the Mirror, not a performance?

Fayik, says this is a new one??

They just showed a new grammys commercial on CBS around 9pm EST and they announce a surprise opening performance!!!

They announced Tina Turner, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Cher, Beatles Tribute and others as performers and then they said "and dont miss a special surprise performance" . Could this be what we are hoping for?

Nope.

Hollaback.

Nevertheless, I will be watching the Grammies to make sure I don't miss it if it is him.

No..... it's probably Justin Timberlake or something.

The surprise is Madonna performing "4 Minutes to Save the World" with Timberlake and Timbaland.

Altho, my brain tells me its highly unlikely that MJ will perform.....my instincts say watch the darn grammies:D.......lol...my instincts have been wrong many times.....but i cant get rid of the hope i have! So i'm gonna watch the grammies and PRAY that MJ performs....coz if i don;t watch it and he actually does perform...i'm gonna regret it like there's no tomorrow:D

The surprise performance could even be Cher - i sawon tv she's making a comeback this yr too!

I'm not sure about a performance, but I have a strong feeling he'll be there!

The surprise is Madonna performing "4 Minutes to Save the World" with Timberlake and Timbaland.
Has this been confirmed? Or just more speculation?

Last edited:

Madonna? Oh, shoot....that aint no surprise. And what is this....a new song of hers?

lol one minute its all about "he will attend" then its "he's doing a video message" then its "he might be the surprise performer"

next thing i hear will be "a past grammy winner just went to the toilet" and everyone here will be speculating "OMG IT MIGHT BE MICHAEL"

:lol:

Madonna? Oh, shoot....that aint no surprise. And what is this....a new song of hers?

what? of course madonna would be a surprise... she was never announced as a performer... some people i swear think the only person who likes surprises is michael jackson.

Altho, my brain tells me its highly unlikely that MJ will perform.....my instincts say watch the darn grammies:D.......lol...my instincts have been wrong many times.....but i cant get rid of the hope i have! So i'm gonna watch the grammies and PRAY that MJ performs....coz if i don;t watch it and he actually does perform...i'm gonna regret it like there's no tomorrow:D

The surprise performance could even be Cher - i sawon tv she's making a comeback this yr too!

Ohh Cher! Awsomeness.

^^ why repost that? The video i mean

Last edited:

I think the surprise performance is Tina Turner and Beyonce opening the show together. This has been all over the african american blogs. I think MJ will be there. I don't think he will be performing, but there will be a bunch of artists to pay tribute to him and maybe give him some type award for all of his achievements.

Overall do I think he will perform? Uuuummmm....I gonna have to say NO, but I have no problem standing corrected if the opposite occurs.

Last edited:

what? of course madonna would be a surprise... she was never announced as a performer... some people i swear think the only person who likes surprises is michael jackson.

Sorry for that, Madonna is a great artist but Michael Jackson is the ultimate "fan magnetic".

Nobody is able to surprise as Michael. He has the biggest surprise factor ...

Dont know how I missed that YT Commercial.
Thanks for posting it Justice.

It would nice if MJ showed up, let alone sang something....anything.
But, my hopes are not up.
Still, I'll watch. :)

Last edited:

I'm gettin a little tired of watching Beyonce for everything. I want Michael!

Sorry for that, Madonna is a great artist but Michael Jackson is the ultimate "fan magnetic".

Nobody is able to surprise as Michael. He has the biggest surprise factor ...

i think it would surprise us here.. the fans
at my work the people EXPECT him to perform, and said they would be surprised if he doesnt. i had to explain that he will not perform.
he surprises us fans on the rare occasion he performs coz we know he hardly ever does this stuff.
to madona fans madona would be a surprise act, and to most of us we wouldnt care.

i reckon the surprise performance is that foo fighters one where the orchesta is made up of people found on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back