MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Update Chris Brown Speaks Up Post 214*

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010

"this is it" should have won IMO

Aww Chris Brown!! He did Michael justice...represented him just right. When he broke down during 'Man In the Mirror', I wanted to give him a hug and say "It's alright baby. Get it together."

No one does MJ like CHRIS BROWN.!!!! I don't get USHER. Find him too robotic.

Of all the young artists out today and MJ wannabe's, Chris is the best in terms of being able to dance and perform like MJ. Of course not anywhere as good, but I can't think of a single young artist who would have done a better job. Perhaps Ciara 'cause she can dance her azz off, but Chris is a true fan of MJ's and always has been. I know he's been studying MJ as a performer for years and it's paid off.

I really thought this was the best MJ tribute i've seen thus far.

Of all the young artists out today and MJ wannabe's, Chris is the best in terms of being able to dance and perform like MJ. Of course not anywhere as good, but I can't think of a single young artist who would have done a better job. Perhaps Ciara 'cause she can dance her azz off, but Chris is a true fan of MJ's and always has been. I know he's been studying MJ as a performer for years and it's paid off.

I really thought this was the best MJ tribute i've seen thus far.

Completly agree..noone is better than MJ, but noone else wouldve been able to perform a tribute on that level..NOONE. So proud to be a Chris Brown fan right now haha

Chris Brown Breaks Down At BET Awards During Jackson Tribute

gochrisMJ.jpg

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Chris Brown paid a tearful tribute to Michael Jackson with an emotional performance at the BET Awards on Sunday night.
The star sang and danced through a medley of the late King of Pop’s hits at the awards show, turning tearful during “Man in the Mirror” and drawing a standing ovation from the audience at the Shrine Auditorium in LA – and kudos from Twitter.
“Wow @ChrisBrown did such an amazing MJ tribute,” Kim Kardashian Tweeted. “Amazing job!”
“WOW Chris Brown Congrats Bro, U KILLED THAT GREAT JOB MY brother,” Sean Kingston Tweeted.
Access Hollywood‘s Shaun Robinson, who was on hand at the awards show on Sunday night, was also impressed.
“Everyone here in the audience is talking about how amazing he was,” Shaun said. “I used to love him, then I stopped liking him after [the] Rihanna [incident], but now I’m ready to forgive him. He was great.”
In the wake of his altercation with Rihanna in February 2009, Chris kept a low profile at awards shows that year – including skipping the 2009 BET Awards, which offered a number of tribute performances following the Jackson’s passing.
“Michael Jackson is the reason why I do music and why I am an entertainer,” Chris said to Access in a statement following Michael’s death on June 25, 2009. “I am devastated by this great loss, and I will continue to be humbled and inspired by his legacy. My prayers are with his family. Michael will be deeply missed, but never forgotten. He’s the greatest… the best ever. No one will ever be better.”
The show also featured a stage comeback from Kanye West, in his first awards show performance since his infamous interruption of Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards – and one from T.I., who had been absent from the stage thanks to serving a prison sentence.
One star who didn’t light up the stage was the absent Justin Bieber, who earned a surprising nomination for Best New Artist.
“This show [in Milwaukee] was booked before the nominees came out, and i dont cancel shows,” he Tweeted on Sunday. “I would never cancel and a show and let down the fans unless I had to.”
He added that he was, however, honored by the unlikely nomination.
“Why did we not plan for the BET Awards?? Well b honest people, not many of u thought the white boy from Canada was gonna b nominated. But just goes to show that Music is COLOR BLIND!! It is the Universal Language and good music brings us all together…the way it should be,” he Tweeted.
Queen Latifah hosted the annual show, which also featured a tribute to Prince and performances by Alicia Keys, Drake and more.

here is link:http://www.accesshollywood.com/chri...-awards-during-jackson-tribute_article_33936#

Last edited:

chris killed it. the emotion he brought was amazing, i dont think usher would have brought that emotion

Re: BET Awards 2010 w/ stream

I think we witnessed TV history tonight. I hate Chris Brown and wanted to not enjoy his performance, but his dancing was phenomenal, and mitm was one of the most emotional things i've ever seen.

:clapping: Great performance! It almost gave me the feeling that Michael would show up on stage, but then u realize that hes really gone..miss him :cry:

I started screaming and crying when I saw Chris, this is what I have been waiting for. Chris brown was amazing. I am so happy he finally got to honor his hero. I know Michael was smiling down, thank you so much Chris and I will always love you MJ RIP.

People often forget Chris Brown was selected by MJ to do the Thriller Tribute at the WMAs '06.... or was that just a rumor?

People often forget Chris Brown was selected by MJ to do the Thriller Tribute at the WMAs '06.... or was that just a rumor?

Im not sure if mj picked chris 2 do it. But mike sure knew how to pick the great artists!

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Merged*

maybe the performance will launch chris brown comeback

maybe the performance will launch chris brown comeback

i was thinking the same thing the mj tribute probably help revive his career and you know michael would want people to forgive him being the kind person he was

I think Chris Brown did an amazing job, & I loved how he put his spin on things.
But oooommmmgggg, when Chris started crying, I was right there with him. He lost one of his idols and inspirations, so the media should stop dissing him about it.

Chris may be controversial... But Tribute by him was great. So true, so emotional... I miss Michael so much... :cry:

People don't know this.

But Chris and Michael grew quite close during Michael's last year. Michael had been giving Chris secret dance lessons.

Last edited:

Deleted.

Last edited:

I didn't watch the BET Awards, but I watched the MJ tribute on Youtube. Throughout the video, I was tearing up, but when it got to "Man in the Mirror", I just started crying. :cry: I couldn't help it. The entire tribute just made me miss Michael even more. :cry: I never liked Chris Brown and I still don't (even before the whole Rihanna event), but I gotta give him props for that tribute.

Was prince in the audience for this..Or did he only come out at the end for his tribute..Love prince but to wear your own drawn image on your clothes..Love yourself much lool..

But I think c brown's tribute to mj bettered the tribute la belle, monae and keys did for prince!..That was all a bit messy aside from la belle who is a seasoned pro...

Chris brown caught the kinda energy and excitment you get seeing mj live I'm sure..Some times he dances to quick for you to be able to appreciate the moves as they are not seen very well...But he did bring the energy to the dancing which is good...Nice to see him truely get emotional..Usher did a sorta fake emotion thing that mj did on stage but chris brown was genuine and didn't even sing the song! I thought he might have compossed him self for the chorus and expressed his pain through singing which woulda been better for me..But I guess the moment got to him and the fact he hasn't been on this kinda event performing for a while..

Still it eclipsed prince in a way which I found more interesting...I wonder if prince was watching this somewhere though?

People often forget that Chris Brown abused Rihanna. If there ever was any friendship between him and MJ it would have ended right then and there.

I can't find it anywhere, it's no longer available to watch on tmz either.

Was prince in the audience for this..Or did he only come out at the end for his tribute..Love prince but to wear your own drawn image on your clothes..Love yourself much lool..

But I think c brown's tribute to mj bettered the tribute la belle, monae and keys did for prince!..That was all a bit messy aside from la belle who is a seasoned pro...

Chris brown caught the kinda energy and excitment you get seeing mj live I'm sure..Some times he dances to quick for you to be able to appreciate the moves as they are not seen very well...But he did bring the energy to the dancing which is good...Nice to see him truely get emotional..Usher did a sorta fake emotion thing that mj did on stage but chris brown was genuine and didn't even sing the song! I thought he might have compossed him self for the chorus and expressed his pain through singing which woulda been better for me..But I guess the moment got to him and the fact he hasn't been on this kinda event performing for a while..

Still it eclipsed prince in a way which I found more interesting...I wonder if prince was watching this somewhere though?

AND prince was NEVER EVER EVERRR going to do firstly any tribute as it was HIS tribute show...and esp to mike...Anyone seriously think prince would talk let alone perform mj stuff??/...Waaa??! he rarelly talks about him and to think he would perform a tribute to him is mad...You don't perform a tribute to someone when you are being given a award that night for his work lol...But prince will never honour mj just like mj never honoured prince in public..Act mj NEVER talked about prince to my knowledge...Only thing mj ever did was invite a high prince on stage...So at least prince has acknowledged his songs sometimes and spoke about him..I love both but always find it funny that people say..'Why does prince never talk bout mj?''...What about mj talking about prince..I think they had a mutual respect for rach other than was private and personal...They were v competetive as human beings and also in regards to each other I think..They both had things the other wanted.

But prince will never do a tribute to mj loool

Back