MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Update Chris Brown Speaks Up Post 214*

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Merged*

I could watch Chris Brown's performance up until Man in the Mirror then I turned it off....

& p.s. I don't think it was a PR move- thats kind of offensive to say the least.

I agree that people should be respectful -always, on or off the internet - but sometimes the staff here act like thought police. Two comments on this thread were particularly offensive , i.e., "this is not about O.J. and it stops now." Whoa. Johnnie Cochran was lawyer to Michael and O.J., and if someone wants to follow that train of thought, then let them. Enough with all the control stuff, you're becoming as offensive as those posting mean things for the sake of posting mean things.

I, for one, trust my own instincts about Chris Brown. I felt his sincerity, and I trust my instincts. But that doesn't invalidate the right others have to disagree. Censoring is the ultimate in disrespect

Chris Brown Speaks on his tearful Michael Jackson Tribute: "It wasn't fake"

Chris Brown speaks on his tearful Michael Jackson tribute: 'It wasn't fake'

chris-brown-jackson-tribute_240.jpg
Image Credit: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic.comIn a promotional appearance on BET’s 106 and Park yesterday, Chris Brown tried to clear the air about his controversial Michael Jackson tribute at June’s BET Awards. “A lot of people don’t know, I was going to see Michael Jackson the day he died,” Brown said, according to Billboard. “I was on my way to the Staples Center that day… When I heard ‘Man In The Mirror,’ it just touched me. It wasn’t fake. I know people were trying to put extras on it, but everything was genuine. That was my ultimate apology, hands down.”
Brown’s statement is unlikely to change anyone’s mind about that sobbing performance one way or the other. It sidesteps entirely the question of whether Brown’s attention-getting breakdown, even if it was “genuine,” was an appropriate way to honor the late King of Pop. But what do you think of his latest words on the subject? Sound off in the comments.

here is link:http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/08/25/chris-brown-michael-jackson-bet/

Re: Chris Brown Speaks on his tearful Michael Jackson Tribute: "It wasn't fake"

edit because Rockstars post was moved from 2300 Jackson St section

Last edited:
It's very peculiar. On one hand, we as a community want people, the media, the masses to be touched by Michael and love him. Yet, when someone famous actually does love him and has shown that throughout their whole life, we doubt their intentions and criticize their talents.

From what I've seen, Chris Brown is like one of us. He obviously loves Michael and put his heart into that performance. He made an unrelated mistake, but it should not haunt him his whole life and cast a shadow on everything he ever does.

If one of us went on national TV and performed, I wouldn't be surprised if they too are critiqued to no end.

It's very peculiar. On one hand, we as a community want people, the media, the masses to be touched by Michael and love him. Yet, when someone famous actually does love him and has shown that throughout their whole life, we doubt their intentions and criticize their talents.

From what I've seen, Chris Brown is like one of us. He obviously loves Michael and put his heart into that performance. He made an unrelated mistake, but it should not haunt him his whole life and cast a shadow on everything he ever does.

If one of us went on national TV and performed, I wouldn't be surprised if they too are critiqued to no end.

My thoughts exactly. You could feel his love for Michael in that performance. None of us could say 100% that we wouldn't breakdown in tears during such a tribute.

Very sensible post.

I agree with you I felt his love for michael. Chris Brown is a nice guy who did a mistake and as one in here said , it should not haunt him the rest of his life .. the man is only 21 years old !

Chris is talented and I love who much respect he is showing Michael Jackson on every concert he DOES. Pure love.

Fans also have said Michael himself would fake his tears on stage at the end of "I'll Be There" or "She's Out Of My Life", when it was obvious they were real and he himself said they were real. So, if Michael Jackson can be a "good actor", lots can, let alone a former girl beater wanting to resurrect his tarnished reputation.

Last edited:
Back