MJJC Urgent Member Notice - Re Sharing Stolen Copyrighted Material - ALL Members must read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me reiterate.

Does anyone know copyright infringement does anyone know piracy. With that does anyone know its a criminal offence.

We are a Michael Jackson community yes but that does not give us the right over his music. Just because he is gone does not give us the right.

As fans we do not have anyright over his units. And just because he is gone still does not give us that right

I am sorry to say but this is the fact of life.

So with this in mind I am working directly with the legal team of the Sony corp for reasons obvious.

We must honor the obvious. We must honor the law. we Must must honor ownership.

Why. Because MJJC will be no more if we did not

So I ask each and every member.

What would you prefer

Piracy

Or

No MJJC

I agree on that piracy is not at all okay, and I rarely visit the 2000 Watts forum myself. .. But it is equally, if not more than hugely bothersome to know that Sony is up on this forum's neck like that (and others for that matter) now. Piracy has always been an issue. Why is this warning being issued now, though, by Sony, and Not when the Cascio tracks have been getting people into almost bloody fights on here? Why now?.. This smells more than fishy.

And while I'll respect this decision personally, I can't help but frown at this warning and how it comes across: merciless. How have members that haven't even been warned previously about this (this openly and directly and gravely) been banned for life? And how will the next (who may have not found the time or simply haven't found this thread in time) be banned for life from then on? Isn't there any possible way for them to regain their memberships on here at least in a month time?

People on here are gonna be living in fear from now on, so why not remove the 2000 Watts section altogether? It would be finally secure. It seems like we're being closely monitored by certain corporations that brought much damage to Michael Jackson and this is horrible.

Also, the 'obvious reasons' aren't that obvious to all, Gaz. What do you mean by you will be from now on working directly with the legal team of the Sony corporation? So that this piracy issue is taken care of properly (and that's to e respected, the timing will always be suspicious, though, but at least that), or in other matters as well?

And the instant 30-day bans to members here for misbehavior and other minor issues (in some cases, at least) - is that Sony-related as well? Sorry to be that curious, maybe even sarcastic in places, but I've been a member here since 2008 (this forum has been mostly wonderful with active moderators prompt with their responsibilities, and I've made some friends for life here, no words to describe the benefits it has brought to me) and I've seen almost nothing of the sort, for instance, when Michael was alive...Now, thankfully, it's not the case anymore, though. ...

I'm hoping that my message in a hopefully still democratic (but very much controlled, seemingly) forum will not be deleted. I love this place and it has helped me tremendously. But I, as well as some other members here, cannot help but be disturbed by the fact that members have been banned for life and probably will be banned for life still, with almost no incredibly big prior warning -- although such warnings had been issued before, but not this way. Again, the fake Cascio tracks being shared didn't fall into that category? ...The whole 'Michael' madness? And again, this colaboration with Sony (yes, pertaining to this issue) is something that would make some people, rightfully so, too, very uncomfortable, and there are plenty of motives for that. ..

Sorry, I had to say all this. Like Love is magical said, this is all too frustrating and sad how certain things seem to be developing on here and how are dealt with. This 'do-it-or-die' totalitarian thing. And by saying all that, again, I am not at all -At All - rioting against the prevention of piracy, which is more than understandable. The above conflicting issues are standing out, though, and it is very sad that some decent, if not wonderful members will be gone from here for good. I shudder and dread and loathe to think that Sony are going to be extending their control on wonderful forums like that (this one is the only lovely forum about Michael I could think of now). I'm also wondering what else will be considered 'safe' (not referring to piracy anymore) in the future by Sony. ... ..Shudder at the mere thought of this.

*sigh*

ps: it's very likely I may misunderstand certain things also due to the late hours from here, so I'm more than open to clarifications. I basically reiterated, though, that this control by Sony is not being met/can't be with an open mind. ...

Last edited:
Gaz didn't say he would be working with Sony's legal teamfrom now on...what he said was.."So with this in mind I am working directly with the legal team of the Sony corp for reasons obvious." I think that if he had not worked with the legal team at this moment in time..then either 1.MJJC would be sued...or 2. MJJC would be taken down....and we dont want either to happen so Gaz has to try and sought this mess out with Sony Lawyers. Thats what I got out of it anyway.

Re: MJJC Urgent Member Notice - Re Sharing Stolen Copyrighted Material

Sony is taking action against those they catch stealing and rightly so.
What about Sony's illegal activities against thousands of fans? People exposing them is just a natural reaction, I don't condone it but I don't blame them.

Re: MJJC Urgent Member Notice - Re Sharing Stolen Copyrighted Material

What about Sony's illegal activities against thousands of fans? People exposing them is just a natural reaction, I don't condone it but I don't blame them.

Right. ...

Why are we being treated like criminals by Sony? We are behaving like all the fans in the world.

Remember what Michael said about piracy? Fans shall not be the one to be punished. All of us here support Michael and thus Sony. And, Sony is being so hard on us.

This is truly upsetting.

Gaz didn't say he would be working with Sony's legal teamfrom now on...what he said was.."So with this in mind I am working directly with the legal team of the Sony corp for reasons obvious." I think that if he had not worked with the legal team at this moment in time..then either 1.MJJC would be sued...or 2. MJJC would be taken down....and we dont want either to happen so Gaz has to try and sought this mess out with Sony Lawyers. Thats what I got out of it anyway.

Donna your bang on the mark, thank you

I agree on that piracy is not at all okay, and I rarely visit the 2000 Watts forum myself. .. But it is equally, if not more than hugely bothersome to know that Sony is up on this forum's neck like that (and others for that matter) now. Piracy has always been an issue. Why is this warning being issued now, though, by Sony, and Not when the Cascio tracks have been getting people into almost bloody fights on here? Why now?.. This smells more than fishy.

And while I'll respect this decision personally, I can't help but frown at this warning and how it comes across: merciless. How have members that haven't even been warned previously about this (this openly and directly and gravely) been banned for life? And how will the next (who may have not found the time or simply haven't found this thread in time) be banned for life from then on? Isn't there any possible way for them to regain their memberships on here at least in a month time?

People on here are gonna be living in fear from now on, so why not remove the 2000 Watts section altogether? It would be finally secure. It seems like we're being closely monitored by certain corporations that brought much damage to Michael Jackson and this is horrible.

Also, the 'obvious reasons' aren't that obvious to all, Gaz. What do you mean by you will be from now on working directly with the legal team of the Sony corporation? So that this piracy issue is taken care of properly (and that's to e respected, the timing will always be suspicious, though, but at least that), or in other matters as well?

And the instant 30-day bans to members here for misbehavior and other minor issues (in some cases, at least) - is that Sony-related as well? Sorry to be that curious, maybe even sarcastic in places, but I've been a member here since 2008 (this forum has been mostly wonderful with active moderators prompt with their responsibilities, and I've made some friends for life here, no words to describe the benefits it has brought to me) and I've seen almost nothing of the sort, for instance, when Michael was alive...Now, thankfully, it's not the case anymore, though. ...

I'm hoping that my message in a hopefully still democratic (but very much controlled, seemingly) forum will not be deleted. I love this place and it has helped me tremendously. But I, as well as some other members here, cannot help but be disturbed by the fact that members have been banned for life and probably will be banned for life still, with almost no incredibly big prior warning -- although such warnings had been issued before, but not this way. Again, the fake Cascio tracks being shared didn't fall into that category? ...The whole 'Michael' madness? And again, this colaboration with Sony (yes, pertaining to this issue) is something that would make some people, rightfully so, too, very uncomfortable, and there are plenty of motives for that. ..

Sorry, I had to say all this. Like Love is magical said, this is all too frustrating and sad how certain things seem to be developing on here and how are dealt with. This 'do-it-or-die' totalitarian thing. And by saying all that, again, I am not at all -At All - rioting against the prevention of piracy, which is more than understandable. The above conflicting issues are standing out, though, and it is very sad that some decent, if not wonderful members will be gone from here for good. I shudder and dread and loathe to think that Sony are going to be extending their control on wonderful forums like that (this one is the only lovely forum about Michael I could think of now). I'm also wondering what else will be considered 'safe' (not referring to piracy anymore) in the future by Sony. ... ..Shudder at the mere thought of this.

*sigh*

ps: it's very likely I may misunderstand certain things also due to the late hours from here, so I'm more than open to clarifications. I basically reiterated, though, that this control by Sony is not being met/can't be with an open mind. ...

This message exactly echoes my inner thoughts and feelings that I could not express myself. It brought me to tears, I am just so thankful that this message was posted - because it had to be said!

Thank you Alma!

To the comments,

We have to keep calm waters, we have to assist where needed, piracy is a world over problem, we are not the first and certainly not the last but we have to protect our community that is paramount for us.

I mean after all compliance with a load of songs we think are not even Michael or a huge community we all call home,

Oh and the 30 days bans are for tone only purposes and they are not related to the permanent bans for copyright piracy

Wouldn´t a 6 or 12 month ban be enough? That would refrain the user from posting such material and allowing them to comeback into the community after serving their time. I can not see anyone that truly appreciates this forum posting something illegal after coming off a years suspension.

But I can see people making a mistake once and then be banned for life!

Were all the people who have been banned for life aware that the the punishment for their crime was a ban for life?

I could easily have come in here and posted something illegal and then gotten a permanent life ban without barely knowing what I had done wrong. If there is an IP ban punishment then all member should received PMs and emails containing warnings etc. And that should have been done BEFORE starting IP BAN people!

I am only trying to protect good members from getting banned because of lack of knowledge of the circumstances. This thread is like a drop in the ocean - I bet 80% all members have not seen it.

Last edited:
Exactly, Leski... This is really drastic and cruel.

Edit: wow, I now have just seen you're a member from 2003. ...

I really hope something can be done about this -- I still can't believe how most severe this urgent member notice is.

Last edited:
Why are we being treated like criminals by Sony? We are behaving like all the fans in the world.

Remember what Michael said about piracy? Fans shall not be the one to be punished. All of us here support Michael and thus Sony. And, Sony is being so hard on us.

This is truly upsetting.

Yes, this 'being guilty until proven innocent' indirect slogan is most upsetting. Like, you could log off one night, then wake up the next day being banned for life or something and you don't even know why.. o.0 Because, most of all, you haven't even been warned, like, seriously. This is just something that is unbelievable and cruel. This reminds me of how every single human being on this earth is now being deemed a criminal until proven innocent (after the 9/11 terrorist attacks)...

I'd say something further about this type of abusive control, some expletives running through the head, and some hard facts about Sony, but I'll end this here. ... I'll say that MJJC collaborating in any sort of capacity with Sony makes some stomachs turn, of right. I understand this is for the safety of this great forum, but such radical measures, I believe, will ultimately do much more damage than anything else. By all means, hopefully no one will leak unauthorized material - I'm all for this, all for supporting this -, but this could potentially affect the community and get people to leave it. This increased corporatist control.

I totally resonate with your frustration, Love Is Magical.. ...):

I totally agree with what Alma said.

Regarding my earlier post, I may have used the wrong wording. I agree with the reason that Gaz gave (the piracy issue), but I don't agree with the way it is being handled (the actions).

You know, there have been many things in the past that I didn't agree with regarding the rules to this board, but as a fan of Michael I wanted to be part of a community, and this just happens to be the largest. So I put up with it. There have been plenty of times where I wanted to start posting more instead of lurking in the shadows. But everytime I started, something crazy came up - like when people were getting banned because of what they thought about the Cascio tracks. That's why I don't post much - I actually feel that someday I may say the wrong thing and get banned.

And yes, I do feel that the current situation of the board is in a big way Sony's doing. They started by creating the whole Cascio situation in the first place and dividing fans (and not doing anything about it), and now this. I think they're scared. They're afraid we're going to expose them and now they're going into super-defense mode. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

I think you guys need to realize a criminal offence when committed

Thus

MJJC

or

No MJJC

Take your pick

As it is a simple as that

And in answer, Sony do not dictate or have no control over MJJC as whole and I will never allow that to be the case.

But for this one topic yes they do have a right to dictate to me.

Why, as I want MJJC to continue for many decades to come.

Gaz:

Would you mind responding to the following post - you have not responded to it by any means thus far!

Its not just black or white - piracy or MJJC - it goes deeper then that! People want to discuss the lack of information about the life penalty punishment suddenly being handed out etc - not the crimes itself!

Has Sony dictated that all users caught doing something illegally must be IP banned?

Lesky;3380392 said:
Wouldn´t a 6 or 12 month ban be enough? That would refrain the user from posting such material and allowing them to comeback into the community after serving their time. I can not see anyone that truly appreciates this forum posting something illegal after coming off a years suspension.

But I can see people making a mistake once and then be banned for life!

Were all the people who have been banned for life aware that the the punishment for their crime was a ban for life?

I could easily have come in here and posted something illegal and then gotten a permanent life ban without barely knowing what I had done wrong. If there is an IP ban punishment then all member should received PMs and emails containing warnings etc. And that should have been done BEFORE starting IP BAN people!

I am only trying to protect good members from getting banned because of lack of knowledge of the circumstances. This thread is like a drop in the ocean - I bet 80% all members have not seen it.

Last edited:
I totally agree with what Alma said.

Regarding my earlier post, I may have used the wrong wording. I agree with the reason that Gaz gave (the piracy issue), but I don't agree with the way it is being handled (the actions).

You know, there have been many things in the past that I didn't agree with regarding the rules to this board, but as a fan of Michael I wanted to be part of a community, and this just happens to be the largest. So I put up with it. There have been plenty of times where I wanted to start posting more instead of lurking in the shadows. But everytime I started, something crazy came up - like when people were getting banned because of what they thought about the Cascio tracks. That's why I don't post much - I actually feel that someday I may say the wrong thing and get banned.

And yes, I do feel that the current situation of the board is in a big way Sony's doing. They started by creating the whole Cascio situation in the first place and dividing fans (and not doing anything about it), and now this. I think they're scared. They're afraid we're going to expose them and now they're going into super-defense mode. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

I feel the same. And I've long stopped posting in the Immortal thread.

And no matter how it's being explained, it's not justifiable to ban wonderful people for life because all of a sudden Sony woke up to sanction piracy. They're doing more than just that by abusively extending their control over forums now and monitoring members and controlling their online activities, the forums' admins and mods. Sony's double standards are now more obvious than ever - the timing and the exacerbated sanctions being the most shocking issues. ...

And yes: many questions are yet to be answered. This darkened fearful environment these terrible sanctions have brought upon -- all this needs to be explained thoroughly.

Last edited:
This is a blatant persecution of MJ fans............it feels like Sony is trying to destroy the MJ fanbase........I wonder how many other forums were also threatened by Sony...........

99% of the stuff in 2000 watts is piracy........(even the footage of interviews and TV specials belong to various TV/production companies)...................

I feel like Sony is blaming us fans for the low sales of "Michael"...............it's not our fault we can't even hear Michael's voice on 3 songs..............

I also feel that Sony is trying to sabotage and destroy Michael's legacy by withholding the majority of Michael's unreleased material and selling the Cascio crap to all of us!!!!!

Everyone talks about a criminal offence that has taken place on this forum................but its nothing compared to how Sony tried to destroy Michael.................and Michael genuinely hated them for it........that's the truth!!!!

This is truly upsetting.

I don't think anyone is treated like criminals. But that being said I guess everyone knows that a leak means a person that's not supposed to have a song is making that song available when they are not supposed to.

With the recent events these actions are just precautions on our part, it might even be survival.

And comparisons to past, other instances and other artists do not help, it's simply the times have changed and the rules of the game has changed and we have to adapt.

I think we are opening a whole can of worms now that people realize that Sony is behind the lifetime bans of forum members and in some ways are dictating the community.

I fear that the people who despise Sony like nothing else wiill not be able to behave themselves and eventually it will go downhill with moderators getting caught in crossfire for somehow taking Sonys party etc!

What should the normal hating fan do with their anger and frustration against Sony? And now when their own sacred place have been infiltrated by the same scumbags that are risking MJs legacy......

What should the normal hating fan do with their anger and frustration against Sony?

They can hate on Sony as long as they do not part take in piracy. Hate and piracy is 2 different things you know. You need to understand that no one is being banned based on their opinion , love / hate , support / protest. Piracy is a different situation all together.

I think Sony should worry more about how to preserve Mike's legacy and how not to destroy it by releasing questionable tracks than ban people who actually give their money to them in order to buy those controvercial products. Sony is treating MJ fans the same they treated Mike back when he was alive. With no respect at all.

I think Sony should worry more about how to preserve Mike's legacy and how not to destroy it by releasing questionable tracks than ban people who actually give their money to them in order to buy those controvercial products. Sony is treating MJ fans the same they treated Mike back when he was alive. With no respect at all.

The problem is that piracy is against the law. And ruining Michael Jackson legacy and fooling the entire world is not...Sony did what Sony did. And it proves they are capable of walking over dead bodys to get whatever they set their mind to! Sony does not care how they treat people - as long as they get a steady income thats all that matters!

ok i read it all and i have also something to say.
first of all i feel fear. fear of doing something wrong and being banned for life. I mean this. Here is my second fam, nowhere i can find fans and michael stuff.. now for me the last drop has fallen. Since the hate and release the forum changed but this is big for me.

For example which songs and dvds can we share and which not? I mean alot of 2000 watt is asked and shared. Is it only about unreleased songs and not dvd video and other audio??

I agree with Alma alot of what she said i felt too... Some good members are banned maybe for doing a regular thing and not knowing what was going on. I dont read every post either. Thats almost impossible because of the large scale of this forum.. really its huge..

Im afraid and dont get this at all..
Let me be clear, gaz i understand to want to protect the side, but i dont get your actions.. i think you ruin the safety here for people... I also dont get why Sony is involved but i will let that be another subject.

I really want to straith what we can and can not do because we want to see dvds from tours etc everybody does.. is that illegal?

And i hope the bannes are going to be reversed because its news now and what happend last night i did not even know and i was here so i could have been doing something wrong.
I dont want to feel fear.......

with respect and love i post this

So are you saying you have not heard Blue Gangsta, Slave To The Rhythm, Stay, the 2 Water snippets and the 2 Soldier Boy snippets?
No I haven't. I appreciate that this type of sharing is being stopped because I have always believed that it hurts the artist. As far as the conflict re Sony itself I won't comment.

MIST;3380134 said:
Why should we have Michaels work for free?
He isn´t here anymore and can´t do new music.
I think it will be released in the future and for his legacy it´s good to have unheard music to be realeased for years to com
yes I agree

They were some tiny snippets of songs like I am the Loser and a few other demos. I also keep fairly quiet on this board for fear of saying something that'll get me banned. Like when I said I didn't think those 3 songs were him and got banned for a month. Since then I don't say a damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back