MJJCers Only Meeting in the 02 Gardens August 29th.

Re: August 29th?

Yeah I'll keep the booking, I will probably still come. I don't really wanna go to Trafalgar Square, I've got a feeling it'll be loud like July 13th and I just don't feel up to it so if I do come I'll be at the o2 most likely. Thanks guys. xx

My thoughts exactly and i dont see the relevence of trafalger square to michael!

The only relevance was it was a big open space for that mass gathering.

EDIT: How about meeting at the Cutty Sark DLR station and have something to eat in Greenwich park across the way? Then we can go somewhere before heading for the o2?

Well... maybe it's not that bad to meet at Trafalgar Square first. The "event" there will start at 2pm. I'm not interested in that mass party but maybe we would find there some other fans who would like to join us on a way through the streets? I'll try to contact the organizer and ask him, maybe he could moderate something like a "street-lining", everyone is holding hands and we line up the streets around (like in Cry). There'll be loads of fans (well ok, probably also a lot who just want to party :( I know ) and it might work, what do you think?

We could leave the "mass party" then and do something together as MJJC Members. Like walking around while playing and singing his music. And have some time to grieve. :(

For the evening we could go to the O2. According to their facebook page they're planning to "sing heal the world, will you be there, and we are the world all joined hands at around 9pm at the 02 Arena..." which sounds good to me and might be not so party like than the rest of their plans...?

So here's my suggestion:

1. meet up at 2pm at the Trafalgar Square Train Station (or maybe at a street corner which is next to the station cause there'll probably a lot of people then)
--> have a look what they're doing, maybe doing the "hand-joining", finding other fans who don't want to party all the time...
2. 4-7pm walking through the streets of London as a group (does someone have a portable cd player?), maybe take some time to grieve/to talk...
3. at 7pm we could make our way to the O2, join their singing
4. after 9pm there'll be a "club night" I definitly don't want to attend. Would prefer to sit somewhere with lightened candles and hear to his music, talk to fans... or again walk through the London streets.... we could decide then what to do...

Just an idea. Just trying to find a way everyone could be happy with...

I'll try to get there, although I will be needing to make my own way there since my husband's going to a christian arts festival days before so he'll have the car. I dunno how I'll cope with getting to London on my own but I'll give it a shot.

ohhh count me in guys im going to be around london that time would like to meet other mjjc members would be good :happy:

if its rubbish we could always do a kinda mjjc gathering on the side the way we want it

Last edited:

ohhh count me in guys im going to be around london that time would like to meet other mjjc members would be good :happy:

if its rubbish we could always do a kinda mjjc gathering on the side the way we want it

Best idea Ive heard : )

Just booked my coach for London on the 28th, so i guess i'll see u all there,
whereever i end up haha.

If we are making the 02 a meeting point, we need to make a large MJJC banner or something so that we know exactly where we're meeting. I had that problem last month, and ended up writing my screenname on my arm in the hope that people would recognise it and come and chat to me! :p

yea thats going to be hard spotting mjjc members unless we walk around asking everyone is there on mjjc if you want to say hi im the guy in the red
1.jpg

Last edited:

yea thats going to be hard spotting mjjc members unless we walk around asking everyone is there on mjjc if you want to say hi im the guy in the red
1.jpg

I've got a video of that guy on the right on youtube dancing to Billie Jean in Hyde Park! :D

is everybody welcome?? cause ill be in London as planned with a friend and i wanna meet some fans and celebrate Michael!

Hey guys, just an idea, but how bout we post a picture of ourself here so we kinda know who we're looking out for?

sounds good mate just need to arrange a time and as its slightly away from where most people are planning to meet it would be soo cool :happy:
stuff to give away Mmmm already praying that i win lol

I'll probably come if its in the evening. I'll be rehearsing for a musical all day >_

guys

I have had a supperb idea

the 02 has some spectacular gardens near the 02, (across road from beckham school)

How about all MJJCers meet there

I will pin point the exact location.

we could raid the nearest tesco get food and drinks etc

if we stipluate an area then we can all join together

I dont mind attending as I will ensure I'm free.

I will also be bringing stuff to give away which we could have competitions etc.

I'll be there! :)

I will definately be there on the 29th, It sounds so peaceful. Just a meeting for all the MJJC. Before I read this this thread, I was like: 'I don't really wanna go to London, as my hero already passed away. I don't think it will be nice there' But now I'm really excited:wild:

I would like to come along if possible too! I really want to do something on the 29th and so far I have no plans.

Back