MONSTER - The Official Discussion Thread

Monster is such a potential hit. Sony, make a great video, make sure radio stations play it and Michael will be #1 all over the world again.

i agree one hundred percent , but can you or somebody have ANY idea when its gonna be released??? LIKE WTF if they want the album to hit the number 1 spot why arent they making any moves i dont get it

According to Taryll when he asked for the demos they answered that everything has been destroyed on Michael's demand. So we are clearly stuck with our own interpretations.

:rolleyes: I dont belive everything was destoryed "by michael's request"..PFTTT

They are trying to cover their butt IMO

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

Who's singing that? Is that Jason Malachi, is that James Porte? NO, It's Michael Jackson, using a similar pitch in falsetto as those in which are used in the Cascio recordings.

People don't need to listen to edited comparison video's where the pitch on the Cascio songs were altered to benefit an argument. No one, NO ONE, has ever admitted, in this thread anyway, that his voice doesn't sound different in these recordings. Different or not, people still recognize him, if you aren't comfortable with that, then that's just too bad, no pun intended.

Great find

IMO those ad-libs in the end are too loud than the chorus, just saying.

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

Who's singing that? Is that Jason Malachi, is that James Porte? NO, It's Michael Jackson, using a similar pitch in falsetto as those in which are used in the Cascio recordings.

People don't need to listen to edited comparison video's where the pitch on the Cascio songs were altered to benefit an argument. No one, NO ONE, has ever admitted, in this thread anyway, that his voice doesn't sound different in these recordings. Different or not, people still recognize him, if you aren't comfortable with that, then that's just too bad, no pun intended.

EDIT never mind, don't wanna fight with you, I just completely disagree

Last edited:
Everytime when I listen to the song I try to hear Michael's voice but with the ad-libs in the last refrain it's very hard. The way he sings "stalking" sounds very strange.

Ok, many have compared Monster's vocals to Privacy vocals (???) Now, please, I am begging you, listen again the two songs and please compare as objectively as you can:

1) Michael's typically husky voice is clearly present on PRIVACY and absent/different on MONSTER

2) Neither the depth nor the voice timbre (color/tone) is the same.

3) And most importantly that we mustn't neglect - the accent and the phonetics!
Listen when the singer pronounces the phrase "stalking me" on MONSTER at 3:58 and compare it to the same phrase "stalking me" on PRIVACY at 0:30!!!! Not only the accent is completely different, but the way the phonemes are pronounced, especially the phoneme "S"!

PRIVACY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8pY9bNsrY

MONSTER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdV5YTpuKIs

^Uhm, this isn't the debate thread for Monster, but the enjoy and lighthearted discussion thread. Please move your post if possible.

Monster is beyond great when played really loud in the car!

^Uhm, this isn't the debate thread for Monster, but the enjoy and lighthearted discussion thread. Please move your post if possible.

Monster is beyond great when played really loud in the car!

Oops you are right, I thought I was in the debate thread. Sorry.

By the way, I like the song too, but I just don't believe it's Michael singing.

Reminder guys this is the discussion thread, the debate thread is for raising concerns about the vocals. Thanks everyone :)

"Monster" has to be the next single! It sounds incredible, and has a good concept for a music video. I also want them to include the original version before Teddy produced it on there.

Francesco Cascio have posten my video to Facebook!!! :D

http://vimeo.com/18850132

khmm7ud6.jpg

Video is well done... but honestly I am not really a fan of horror things eeeeww!!

The song should be used for a movie soundtrack and release it on TV along with scenes from the movie...

I love the song, "Monster." It makes me kind of sad though, because I think It's highly personal to him.

This song needs to be the third single! I think this will be a huge hit!

Wow- amazing video!

This is one of my favorite tracks on "Michael"- so much in there in lyrics and music.

Back