Morning After Pill

BillieJean84

Proud Member
So excuse me while I put this here but I was looking up some info on the Morning After pill and wanted to ask some ladies here what their thoughts on it was.
I think its a good idea to have, definatley.

And people please don't say "well if you use protection then you wouldn't need this.." or anything like it because if the protection is used then that defeats me putting this thread here and second, its too late to go back in time and use protection now. So hence, morning after pill.

so discuss. I don't know if health insurance covers birth control. ??? Does it? I know not the Morning After pill but other forms of b.c.

I never took it, but I know what is it about. It is a good thing...better than waiting and not knowing what will happen if someone had sex without protection.
Sometimes things just happen.

It's definitely good to have one (actually, there are 2 pills) at hand in case of a mishap. Better than bitting your fingernails for a month. But it's not good to take it more than twice in a year. So, take care on that!

I think it is a great idea as a backup when protection fails (or in cases of rape), but not as a primary form of birth control.

I have heard stories where girls can get very sick from taking this pill....there are 2 you take one then I think 12 hours later you take the other. some woman take them and have no problems....others take them and get bad side effects....like nausea..vomiting..pains in there backs...abdominal pains. I dont think a person knows how it will affect them until they take it. But I do think it is a good idea to have available to a girl incase of rape. However I don't think it is a good idea to use it any other time. As far as insurance paying for birthcontrol...most do. You just have to talk to your provider to see which ones and how much of the prescription they will cover.

^^^Not only that, but people need to stop being so doggone promiscuous. But i do think it is a good idea in cases of rape.

I know. :)
But that doesn't negate its truth.
You're so devilish. You are funny though... Usually.

I've taken that pill before years ago, whilst I was married. unplanned potential pregnancy so I took it. It made me sick as a dog. Infact I'd rather have had a baby than gone through that night of vomitting :-( People please dont judge others. Life is hard enough! :-(

the morning after pill is good when its used as a last resort. the most important thing is to practise safe sex but even that can fail (eg condom breakage). it's probably a big disturbance to the body to use the morning after pill often, instead of taking the contraceptive pill daily.

I think it's great for avoiding your period during vacations.

thats not the morning after pill

m a pill is good. heck if it stops unwanted pregnancies.. its better than having an full blown abortion

This happened before with you didn't it..

Well, i hope you figure out what to do.

Medical advice states that the morning after pill should NOT be used as a regular form of contraception, ONLY in emergencies.

This happened before with you didn't it..

Well, i hope you figure out what to do.

Medical advice states that the morning after pill should NOT be used as a regular form of contraception, ONLY in emergencies.

Seems I recall something about an inability to conceive was also discussed the last time as well?

I can't really sit in judgement, but as a medical person, using or taking the morning after pill should be a last ditch resort and used only when absolutely necessary, never as a form of emergency birth control on a frequent basis. Most insurance plans include some sort of birth control coverage, as well as different welfare plans. If you have insurance coverage, try calling the company and ask about birth control, or look it up online, certainly better in the long run than using something that has potential for misuse and complications.

I don´t think this morning after pill should be our business.

The purpose of the creation of this pill is to be a relief and probably the only help to victims of rape.
Or emergencies.

And for that it is something absolutely great, no matter if it has some collateral effects.
Becoz abortion is not acceptable, and abortion is dangerous and painful (And excluding the fact is not legal either :( ).

But for the rest of girls in not such danger, it shouldn´t be considered...
Well, unfortunately... the methods regular form of contraception are NOT 100% secure :(

So the aweful truth is:
Sex means pregancy, thats the nature.
Err
So maybe the morning after pill is always an option. But only once...

(And excluding the fact is not legal either :sad:
I dont know where u come from but where I live it's perfectly legal up to a certain trimester, as for the pill itself sorry hun dont know nothing about pills

Back