Mother injects Botox in the daughter of 7 years old! o___O

...That show... yes, it's being televized on here too and have watched a few moments out of curiosity for a few moments while feeling sick. The mothers (?..) obviously present a deeply-rooted psychological problem and they are torturing their children with early perverse fame as a compensation for their unsatisfying pasts. That's the ultimate means of cowardice, immaturity and selfishness.

I have to make tie to create this petition or something to get this appalling show down, but I'm not from the US, so I don't see how I can do it.. or it doesn't matter where you're from..? ..

Roflmao! two minutes into this :bugeyed and I want to commit a violent act! :wild: :wacko:

Thanks for posting (I think :D ) ...I'll look at the rest later this evening after a fortifying glass of whine! :cheeky:

I absolutely agree. I remember after JonBenet Ramsey was murdered and they showed the pictures of her competing in beauty pageants. I was really shocked at how the children are made up so you almost cannot see the real child. This is whole child beauty competition is so wrong. Actually beauty pageants are completely false anyway. Who can see what the person looks like under all that makeup? Now, if they said, no make up...then I wonder how beautiful the the beauties would be.

Yeah, I can't stand child beauty pageants. I do believe there are some child beauty pageants that are based on natural beauty though. They don't wear all of the make-up, fake hair, fake teeth, etc. Those aren't so bad. However, the mothers in these articles are a disgrace.

Well, I watched the rest of that clip. I don't know what to say. Stunned.
Actually several things come to mind. She was a spoiled little girl but when she got on the stage she was quite the little showgirl...
Her parents have the patience of a saint, lots of saints...
I'll bet she was having a good time with all the tantrums, acting out and chocolate facials...
If they don't get that damn pacifier away from her they'll have some nice orthodontic bills in their future..
But my serious feelings are that this is making little girls look grown up. The clothes, the makeup all lend themselves to an aura of artificial sexuality that is quite disturbing. I googled some pageant pictures. My lord, the girls look like they're in their late teens or early twenties. Child beauty pageants may have their origins as simple fun but in this day and age when sexual references are almost everywhere, when sexual predators place children at risk and there is even a National Sex Offenders Registry, it seems outrageous to exhibit little girls like this.
Talk about 'have you seen my childhood...'

Then I started reading comments from 'pageant girls'. Every one of them said they loved doing them, they learned valuable lessons on poise, confidence, people skills. And some even enough money to eventually go to college.
One person said, referring to natural beauty contests, that at least with the glizy contests, if your child loses you can say it was the makeup or the routine or the nails. But with the natural contests, it is simply because you are not pretty enough. Ouch.

So who knows. As with everything there are at least two sides to the story.

I agree with your whole statement...:clapping::clapping:

:hi:

It is a show that is on here is the US..it is about children that are put in beauty pageants...that is why they call it Toddlers and Tiaras
here look...

:eek:

Wow. I am completely against these contests. Children should not be exposed to it. Must be worried to study, play... have a happy childhood and healthy. I do not believe parents think it may be good for a child. :doh:

The mothers (?..) obviously present a deeply-rooted psychological problem and they are torturing their children with early perverse fame as a compensation for their unsatisfying pasts. That's the ultimate means of cowardice, immaturity and selfishness.

Exactly!!!! And using the own daughter is monstrous. :sick: This kind of mother needs a psychologist/psychiatrist. And how is the child's head after all this? A mess.

I have to make tie to create this petition or something to get this appalling show down, but I'm not from the US, so I don't see how I can do it.. or it doesn't matter where you're from..? ..

Good idea.

Beauty Pageant Girl, Eight, Given Botox By Her Mother Is Taken Into Care

A British mother who admitted on American TV that she gave her eight-year-old daughter Botox injections has had the child taken away by social workers.

Britney Campbell was removed from the care of her mother Kerry after the TV appearance boasting about the beauty treatment sparked outrage across the U.S.

Hundreds of complaints were received when she was featured on the Good Morning America show injecting her daughter with the anti-wrinkle treatment.

dcf579bb.jpg

Shocking: Kerry marks Britney's face before injecting her with Botox

5b4c0d62.jpg

'I want her to have the best start in life': Campbell, originally from Birmingham, but now living in San Francisco, said she was carrying out the beauty treatments to help her daughter be more competitive in child pageants

Campbell, originally from Birmingham, but now living in San Francisco, said she was carrying out the beauty treatments to help her daughter be more competitive in child pageants.

Her daughter complained that the injections hurt her face, but said she didn’t want any wrinkles on her face. But officials in San Francisco acted after receiving hundreds of calls to their child abuse hotline. The local child protection unit took the girl away over the weekend.

‘It’s pretty unusual for a mom to be injecting an eight-year-old with Botox and certainly is grounds for an investigation,’ said Trent Rohrer of the San Francisco social services department.

Campbell, a part-time beautician, claimed she got the idea for Botox from other mothers whose children compete in beauty pageants.

ad6070dd.jpg

Bruised: Eight-year-old Britney recovers with an ice pack after the treatment

She said: ‘When Britney takes part in pageants, parents talk about how they have given their daughter an extra jab to plump her lips or lose a wrinkle.

‘Everyone is doing it and talking about it. We are not doing anything illegal, and I don’t want my daughter being the only one who doesn’t have a bit of extra help.’

Campbell, 34, said she buys the Botox over the internet and spends £150 for a 3ml vial.

As well as the anti-wrinkle treatment she has also been waxing her daughter’s legs to prevent hair growth.

She added: ‘What I am doing for Britney now will help her become a star. I know one day she will be a model, actress or singer, and having these treatments now will ensure she stays looking younger and baby-faced for longer. All I want is for Britney to have the best start in life, so it is easier for her to become a superstar.

854f943e.jpg

Pageant: Britney all made up at one of the child beauty competitions

‘More mothers should do it for their daughters. I wish that I’d had the same advantages when I was younger.’

Britney’s father, who was much older than Campbell, died four years ago.

Organisers of child beauty pageants denied that the young competitors have had to use Botox. ‘I’ve never, ever heard of a child getting that. It’s ridiculous,’ said Barbara Thomas, a director with California Gold Coast Pageants.

‘What would a child have need of Botox for? They don’t have a wrinkle on their face. That woman must be off her rocker.’

Dermatologists and child psychology experts said that injecting Botox into a child is clearly unhealthy and ill advised.

‘Medically, who knows what this is going to do to a growing child, and then psychologically, oh my God. It’s disgusting,’ Dr Laura Davies, a child psychiatrist at California Pacific Medical Centre said.

‘The goal of parenthood is to love your kids like they’re the best thing since sliced bread. It’s not that complicated,’ Dr Davies said.

‘The message she’s sending is, “You’re not good enough”. She’s prioritizing physical beauty, which is exactly what you don’t want to do.

Kerry-Campbell-gave-daughter-Britney-8-botox

Re: Mothers Giving Their Young Daughters Botox & Waxing Treatments To Win Child Beauty Pageants

You know, I find child beauty pageants and the reality shows based around them to be incredibly creepy, and I really do wonder about the mothers' mental state, and look upon the pageant judges (admittedly, particularly the male ones) with more than a grain of suspicion as to what their true intentions/motives for being in such a place are. With that said, I've noticed most pageant mothers are usually quite overweight, or at least not what you would call "pageant material," and are also overly preoccupied with their daughters' "dreams" of being famous (singer, model, actress, typically), not to mention overly aggressive in their pursuit of these dreams "for their daughters" with outrageous measures such as practicing routines ad nauseam, attempting to sabotage the other girls' routines, or even worse/potentially dangerous measures such as injecting them with botox such as this woman here. One ought to wonder if these "pageant mums" aren't just projecting their own failed dreams and aspirations unto their daughters and pursuing their completion so ferociously because they feel as though they "missed out" on the chance, and now that they're old/fat/ugly/tied down, they have no choice but to vicariously live through their daughters, who in theory do possess at least a more realistic shot at realizing these goals than they presently do.

With that mindset, it's not difficult to see how someone like this mother could be driven into performing such dangerous and idiotic injections on her child. Botox is not some magic concoction with no strings attached--it's a chemical solution, which means that if injected improperly or if an adverse reaction occurs even while having no mistakes in the administration of the injection, it could prove itself potentially lethal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23070759/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/t/fda-botox-linked-kids-deaths/

The child will hopefully be given to someone with more sense, because her mother is obviously too absorbed in her own selfish wishes for her, and she will most likely benefit from being removed from such an environment.

Re: Mothers Giving Their Young Daughters Botox & Waxing Treatments To Win Child Beauty Pageants

I think they made the correct decision in taking this child into care. Personally I hate these pageants, they sexualise very young girls. Let them enjoy their childhood. I would applaud anyone who states in pageant rules that entrants will not be allowed to wear make up or age innapropriate costumes.

Sometimes I wonder how Shirley Temple feels seeing all those beauty pageants. The little girls are basically dressed up to resemble her at the peak of her fame, but the mothers take it way too far with all the make up.

With that said, I've noticed most pageant mothers are usually quite overweight, or at least not what you would call "pageant material," and are also overly preoccupied with their daughters' "dreams" of being famous (singer, model, actress, typically), not to mention overly aggressive in their pursuit of these dreams "for their daughters" with outrageous measures such as practicing routines ad nauseam, attempting to sabotage the other girls' routines, or even worse/potentially dangerous measures such as injecting them with botox such as this woman here. One ought to wonder if these "pageant mums" aren't just projecting their own failed dreams and aspirations unto their daughters and pursuing their completion so ferociously because they feel as though they "missed out" on the chance, and now that they're old/fat/ugly/tied down, they have no choice but to vicariously live through their daughters, who in theory do possess at least a more realistic shot at realizing these goals than they presently do.

Right, and is it just me, or does it seem that the majority of the U.S. pageants take place in the Southern states?

I wonder where is the father of this girl and all the rest of the family. (?) Because she still has custody of the daughter? And worse, how/where she could buy botox? :unsure:

The father apparently died 4 years ago...

-------------

I agree with everyone...This woman is sick...and she's beyond crazy....Is this woman featured on one of those pageant reality shows? Those shows disgust me...Not only do these mother's exploit their children, but they do it in the public eye, for the world to see...

Right, and is it just me, or does it seem that the majority of the U.S. pageants take place in the Southern states?

They do mostly take place in the South.

The father apparently died 4 years ago...

Sad. :(

I agree with everyone...This woman is sick...and she's beyond crazy....Is this woman featured on one of those pageant reality shows? Those shows disgust me...Not only do these mother's exploit their children, but they do it in the public eye, for the world to see...

Yes... :(

It some time this story was shown in the press... what happened? I heard somewhere that she lost custody daughter. Is it really true? Does anyone know? :unsure:

This is horrendous :eek: Those kiddy pageants freak me out. Wow... I have no words. That poor girl is going to be scarred for the rest of her life (mentally and physically) what's going to happen when the treatments stop? Doesn't the skin react somehow?

This story was a hoax. Article from Jezebel:

Botox Mom Confesses: It Was All a Hoax
Maureen O'Connor — Botox Mom Kerry Campbell has released a sworn statement saying her attention-grabbing, Good Morning America-baiting scandal was a hoax!
Her real name is Sheena Upton, she says, and she never gave her daughter Botox or "virgin waxes." This is the best possible outcome, right? The little girl isn't full of botulism, but the mom is still a crazy person we can judge.

Sheena now says British tabloid The Sun—which published the first Botox Mom story—orchestrated the whole thing. "I was provided with the story, instructions, and a script to follow for a recorded interview." She made $200. "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant." It's a more efficient version of Munchausen Syndrome: Instead of injuring her child to fake illness and get attention, she fake-injured her child and got more attention than even the most prolific Munchausen moms can even dream.

The part about Child Protect Services' involvement was real, though, and confirmed by a CPS spokesperson. (After closing the case, CPS declined to specify what, exactly, they did or found.) TMZ reports that, after tests at UCLA Medical Center proved Britney never actually got Botox, the child was returned to her custody "with the provision that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being." All three have been strictly prohibited from contact with silver weather balloons.

Many raised doubts about Botox Mom's veracity, even as Good Morning America gave her a fig leaf of credibility. By the time that "Kerry Campbell" started her apology tour, it was clear that at least some of her tale was a lie. Not that she's necessarily telling the whole truth now.

So what have we learned? Botox is not for babies, CPS doesn't mess around, and The Sun's hoax machine is fifty times cheaper than Good Morning America's respectable journalism machine. [TMZ]

Sigh of relief... Although the fact that you would make this up is pretty bad as well.

some people are just so creepy and will do anything for money. I am just glad that the child is ok and that the story wasn't true. So what a great roll model...she has taught her daughter to lie..what a loser!!

Even though the story was proved to be a HOAX They should keep the child away from this mother.
She does not have the best interest of her child in her heart. She made her child commit fraud and LIE on national TV
showing her that it is profitable to do so .. I see a lot of pain coming for this little girls future if that waht she is being
taught and used for .. maybe Mom will pimp her out once she becomes a teen. This mother doesnt seem to have any
reguard for her daughter's well being exept to use her to make a Buck and get attention .. In my opinion she is a
very unfitting and scarey Mom .. I pray she will make a change but her excuse does'nt seem to have any remorse

Roosje;3416042 said:
This story was a hoax. Article from Jezebel:

Botox Mom Confesses: It Was All a Hoax
Maureen O'Connor — Botox Mom Kerry Campbell has released a sworn statement saying her attention-grabbing, Good Morning America-baiting scandal was a hoax!
Her real name is Sheena Upton, she says, and she never gave her daughter Botox or "virgin waxes." This is the best possible outcome, right? The little girl isn't full of botulism, but the mom is still a crazy person we can judge.

Sheena now says British tabloid The Sun—which published the first Botox Mom story—orchestrated the whole thing. "I was provided with the story, instructions, and a script to follow for a recorded interview." She made $200. "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant." It's a more efficient version of Munchausen Syndrome: Instead of injuring her child to fake illness and get attention, she fake-injured her child and got more attention than even the most prolific Munchausen moms can even dream.

The part about Child Protect Services' involvement was real, though, and confirmed by a CPS spokesperson. (After closing the case, CPS declined to specify what, exactly, they did or found.) TMZ reports that, after tests at UCLA Medical Center proved Britney never actually got Botox, the child was returned to her custody "with the provision that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being." All three have been strictly prohibited from contact with silver weather balloons.

Many raised doubts about Botox Mom's veracity, even as Good Morning America gave her a fig leaf of credibility. By the time that "Kerry Campbell" started her apology tour, it was clear that at least some of her tale was a lie. Not that she's necessarily telling the whole truth now.

So what have we learned? Botox is not for babies, CPS doesn't mess around, and The Sun's hoax machine is fifty times cheaper than Good Morning America's respectable journalism machine. [TMZ]

Sigh of relief... Although the fact that you would make this up is pretty bad as well.

:eek:

What wonderful mother. :puke: This girl will not learn good things with your mother. Bad example. She should be ashamed of itself. Poor child. :(

Back