Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Interview part 1 transcript @

Well, it is now on YouTube, and I've only seen a few parts of it. It does make Murray look bad, in my opinion, although I have not as of yet seen the interview. It also makes Chernoff look like an underdog who is basically being intimidated by Flanagan. From what I managed to see, the Chernoff in this documentary is completely different from the a--hole we were accustomed to seeing in court. The opposite is true for Flanagan--he's vulgar and rude throughout the documentary. So, basically, it's like they switched personalities.

That's about all I've seen thus far, as the host channel has not yet uploaded the rest of the thing. Overall, it doesn't make sympathetic figures out of any of them (if you really wanted to pick one from the main cast, I guess I'd go with Chernoff), and Murray is completely nuts throughout, at least judging from the parts I've seen.

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Interview part 1 transcript @

Killer doc: I felt trapped by Jacko

Interview ... Dr Murray claimed his treatment of Jackson was 'impreccable'
By EMILY FAIRBAIRN
Published: Today

THE doctor who killed Michael Jackson told last night how he felt "entrapped" by him.

Conrad Murray, 58, said the star desperately wanted him by his side.
The personal physician said: "I went there to take care of a healthy man, who said he was fine, to just keep surveillance.
"But once I got in there I was entrapped."
Murray, who faces up to four years' jail after being found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, added in a Channel 4 documentary: "He had very close acquaintances, but friends he did not have.
"He told me, 'I've found one friend, which is you'."
In an interview before his conviction, he wept as he recalled Jacko's death. He said: "I remember running down the hall in the ER, punching the wall."
But Dr Murray also believed that his care of Michael Jackson was "impeccable" and defended his treatment of the pop icon.
He said: "I do not think that he would have had an active intention to do me harm.
"But I think through his most intense desire to have me there with him, it was entwined with a degree of betrayal.
"I think my standards were impeccable.
"If you tell me Dr Murray, it was really stupid, what a can of stink, you should have had notes, I'd say: you know what, I agree.
"The absence of notes was not responsible for his death." C4 denied that Murray profited from the film.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3929222/Killer-doc-I-felt-trapped-by-Jacko.html

I will not watch the youtube clips or the documentary.I am glad though that it shows Murray for what he really is ; A selfish liar.Can somebody please tell me what Quincy said and when he said it?

Conrad Murray: Michael Jackson 'entrapped' me

Conrad Murray says he was betrayed by Michael Jackson who "entrapped" him into living in his home and providing continuous medical and emotional support.

<!-- remove the whitespace added by escenic before end of tag -->By Jonathan Pearlman

2:56PM GMT 10 Nov 2011

In a documentary filmed during the trial of Jackson's physician, who was found guilty this week of involuntary manslaughter, Murray said he expected to act as a general family doctor but found himself enmeshed in the singer's scarred and claustrophobic life.

"Once I got in there I was entrapped," he said. "Through his most intense desire to have me there with him, it was interwinded (sic) with a degree of betrayal."

Murray recalled Jackson's desperate pleas for sleeping medication on the day of his death, saying the singer resembled the zombie character from the Thriller music video.

"He was basically hysterical," he said. "He begged and pleaded and said, 'please Dr Conrad, I need some milk so that I can get some sleep. If I don't get some sleep ... everything will go down the drain. He looked to me during that morning to be like the thriller. He looked that hysterical."

He defended the use of the surgical anaesthetic propofol to put Jackson to sleep, saying that the amount he gave the singer was "inconsequential". The coroner subsequently found that Jackson died of "acute propofol intoxication"

Breaking down in tears as he described the moment of the singer's death, he said: "I tried so hard. It was horrible ... I didn't want to lose him. I love him."

The documentary, filmed during the two years since Jackson's death, prompted a furious response from the executors of the singer's estate, who urged American broadcasters not to show it.

In a series of interviews, Murray discussed his close relationship with Jackson, who, he said, referred to him as his "one friend".

"He felt I was someone he could trust," he said. "All of his life he was searching for a friend. He had very close acquaintances – he spoke about Marlon Brando and his son, and Fred Astaire and Ginger – but friends he didn't have. He said of all my life I have found one friend, which is you, Dr Conrad."

Murray said he lived in Jackson's house and was the only non-family member permitted in all rooms, though Jackson's personal chamber remained off-limits.

The physician – who was introduced to Jackson by a security guard – said he helped to convince Jackson to clean his bedroom after discovering that the singer regularly wet his bed.

"I have seen him cry so many times. I told him it is OK to cry, it is OK, it is OK, Michael, you can cry ... What was done to him was far more than a beating by his father. He harmed Michael. It was so deep it would remove the world off its axis."

A jury on Monday convicted Murray of involuntary manslaughter. He is due to be sentenced later this month and faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...nrad-Murray-Michael-Jackson-entrapped-me.html<SCRIPT id=undefined type=text/javascript src="http://widgets.outbrain.com/mu/templates/stripBoxTemplate.js?v=46171"></SCRIPT>
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 0px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 0px" id=odbPingIframeId src="about<strong></strong>:blank" frameBorder=0 name=odbFrame></IFRAME>

layla2;3534487 said:
I will not watch the youtube clips or the documentary.I am glad though that it shows Murray for what he really is ; A selfish liar.Can somebody please tell me what Quincy said and when he said it?

http://www.mjjunderground.com/2011/11/10/conrad-murrays-guilty-finding-a-joke-says-quincy-jones/

Two days after Dr Conrad Murray, the personal physician of Michael Jackson, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, the star&#8217;s record producer and mentor has spoken out against the result.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a joke,&#8221; said Quincy Jones, 78, Jackson&#8217;s producer on the hit albums Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad, which together have sold more than 160 million copies.

Speaking in Dubai, Jones said if Murray had not been treating Jackson there would have been another medical practitioner doing exactly the same.

&#8220;People of Michael&#8217;s stature get whatever they want, it just goes with the territory,&#8221; said the producer, who has earned a record 79 Grammy nominations over five decades. &#8220;There were 40 other doctors lined up to do the same thing, whatever it is.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t know why a guy would kill someone who&#8217;s giving him $150,000 a month.&#8221;

Conrad Murray: Concert promoter told me penniless Michael Jackson 'is going to be homeless'

• Conrad Murray began shooting documentary immediately after Michael Jackson died
  • Even if he is jailed for maximum sentence of four years, he could be freed within months
  • LA sources say he could be tagged and placed under house arrest
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 8:39 AM on 11th November 2011

Days after his manslaughter conviction in Michael Jackson's death, Dr Conrad Murray is painting a bleak picture of the King of Pop's last days in a provocative documentary.

In Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship, Murray alleges AEG Live boss Randy Phillips took him aside to complain about the perks Jackson was getting.

'What's this bullsh*t all about? Listen this guy is next to skid row. He's going to be homeless. Nine security guards? Why does he need that?

Conrad Murray began shooting a documentary about Michael Jackson almost immediately after he died

Harsh claims: Dr Conrad Murray alleges in new documentary that AEG boss Randy Phillips, above, complained that Michael Jackson was nearly 'homeless' and complained about how the King of Pop was spending his money

'I'm paying for that s**t. I'm paying for the toilet paper he wipes his f***ing ass with.'

During Murray’s trial, however, Mr Phillips contended the conversation never happened.

The controversial documentary also reveals strategy sessions between Jackson’s lawyers, Ed Chernoff and Michael Flanagan.

At one point, Chernoff says: 'I think the media made him appear weirder than he is,' to which Flanagan shot back: 'You gotta be kidding me - he can't be any weirder than he is.'

Murray also claimed that he told Jackson his sleeping chamber must be cleaned, because the singer 'peed the bed' and 'it did not smell good.'

The documentary, which began filming right after Jackson's death, aired last night in the U.K., and will be broadcast on MSNBC in the U.S. tonight.

As the disgraced doctor awaits sentencing, worldwide interest in the trial suggests he will take a handsome cut of the profits from the film.

A book deal and chat show appearances also seem inevitable, for which Murray will surely demand high fees.

The father-of-seven was heavily in debt when he met Jackson in January 2008, with a string of legal judgments against him.

Handcuffed: Murray was led out of the courtroom by bailiffs. His sentencing is scheduled for November 29

Court documents show that he owed $228,420 (£143,660) to a finance company, $135,302 (£85,110) to a leasing company (which may be why he was driving his sister's car) and $71,302 (£44.846) in school fees.

Plus, of course, the many thousands he owed to the various mothers of his children.

Combined with an appetite for fast cars and beautiful women, it was little wonder that he happily agreed to Jackson’s offer of a salary of $150,000 (£94,000) a month to be Jackson's doctor.

Produced by October Films and distributed by Zodiak Rights, the documentary filmed with Murray throughout the intervening two years and continued to record with him during the trial.

Shot by multi-award winning director Tom Roberts, it explores the last three months of Jackson’s surreal life and how Murray, an unknown cardiologist from Texas found himself a confidante to the most famous man in the world.

Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: ‘Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film is the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on 25 June 2009, and why.’

During the trial, prosecutors painted Murray as a greedy opportunist who threw his medical know-how out of the window to cater to the dangerously bizarre whims of a superstar.

The defence painted him as a caring cardiologist battling against the odds to keep his celebrity patient from self-destructing.

Even if Murray is sent to jail for the maximum four years for involuntary manslaughter, he could walk free in months.

It is even possible the 58-year-old cardiologist could be allowed to remain at home on house arrest with an electronic tracker ankle bracelet, according to law enforcement sources in Los Angeles.

With the city's jail system bursting at the seams, judges have little control over the amount of any prison term inmates have to complete.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-said-stars-going-homeless.html#ixzz1dO7GEH4l

Am I correct to understand that this documentary turned out to be a complete disaster for the Murray camp and made them look even more repulsive than they seemed before?

From people I know who watched it Murray came off even worse than before, so did Flanagan. The only person who was better off than before was Chernoff, who apparently according to Digital Spy, knew it was doomed from day 1. Apparently there was this scene where they're discussing Shaeffer and Chernoff rightly said they'd never be able to go up against someone as top as him in his field, which Flanagan quickly dismissed. Dr White was ridiculously sleazy. I hope they throw his ass in jail for contempt of court. Loved Walgren's dealings with him, bless him, he was getting a tad frustrated!

I posted a selection of the british press and sadly although (by all accounts) to us it made him look worse, the press don't appear to have picked up on that. I know, I was stupid to hope!

bbc news channel have just shown a clip of the interview as a headline. surprised they are reporting it. not watching it though. seeing the clip for a few secs was bad enough. if anyone else wants to to see how its reporter poor conrad being trapped for 150000 a month. trapped to buy all that diprivan and benzos.awwwww i guess he knows what it means to be really trapped now!

^ Oh yes, trapped in a contract that no one but he signed. Nothing was stopping him from walking away.

I'm watching the interview Murray gave and it is as clear as day that he is lying through his teeth. He comes across as a very scary man....you can see glimpses of his temper. If he shows it in this interview i dread to think what he may have been like with Michael if Michael told him he wasn't going to London after all..... He makes me sick to the stomach. He is despicable. Poor Michael. It's clear that the interviewer thinks he's lying through his teeth too.

LastTear;3534493 said:
Conrad Murray: Concert promoter told me penniless Michael Jackson 'is going to be homeless'
Conrad Murray began shooting a documentary about Michael Jackson almost immediately after he died

Harsh claims: Dr Conrad Murray alleges in new documentary that AEG boss Randy Phillips, above, complained that Michael Jackson was nearly 'homeless' and complained about how the King of Pop was spending his money

'I'm paying for that s**t. I'm paying for the toilet paper he wipes his f***ing ass with.'

During Murray&#8217;s trial, however, Mr Phillips contended the conversation never happened.
Murray is utterly,utterly stupid. I wish MJ had never met him. I not a fan of Phillips , but I doubt that he would make those comments,not to Murray anyway, because after all , when MJ signed a contract with AEG, any advance that they gave him was his to use as he saw fit.It was none of AEG's business how he used the money as long as it appeared he was going to do the O2 concerts.

Murray being trapped sounds a lot like Arvizos being trapped. Assholes

well he's contradicted himself again. Didn't he say in the police interview that he saw michael for a few issues here and there until vegas when michael asked him about propofol....then they chased down dr "adams" and that is when michael asked him to come to london and be his personal physician.

now he is saying he came on board to help with germs, eating, the kids etc. and was entrapped because he didn't know he was going to be expected to do propofol, he knew nothing about that.

He wasn't michaels full time doctor until after vegas, adams, propofol. He knew. He really needs to get his lies/facts straight.

he bought propofol as early as April 6 while MJ was asking for someone else , he asked Lee and Metzeger after Murray was shipping propofol to his girlfriend house , Adams said it it was Murray who hired Murray and MJ was looking for someone else all the time

really, that's interesting. Is this Adams a real doc, i thought he might have been a figment of murrays imagination. So Murray was pushing to be in michaels employ and not the other way around. Maybe he ordered the propofol to wave under michaels nose so he would be hired.

what else has adams said

I wouldn't watch this crap if someone put a gun to my head. I did read the reviews. Is Murray claiming Joe Jackson molested Michael and that caused Michael to "pee the bed"? Also, is there a plan to stop this from being repeatedly broadcasted now that its aired?

Re Quincy Jones: clearly Jones is a buffoon. I guess he's been in Hollywood too long, he doesn't understand the concept of personal responsibility. Now he's infecting other countries with shitty remakes. That picture used n the article reflects Quincy's mental state. I've seen some people suggest that the biggest mistake MJ made was using a black doctor, I wonder what Quincy would say about that?

Maybe Pastor will watch it... and maybe it will inspire him, on the 29th...

Murrays lawyers got paid by appearing in this sh***y documentary.They probably encouraged him to take part as a way of ensuring that they got paid;Not that he needed much encouragement.They (and possibly the makers of the documentary)were leaking untruths left, right and centre for two years.Shame on them.I sincerely hope that they never get any serious work again.

Maybe Pastor will watch it... and maybe it will inspire him, on the 29th...

Amen to that, and also the probation officer who will write the report. As by all accounts I'm reading here Murray takes NO responsibility for any of the actions that he has been convicted for.

Hi Elusive,

I live in the states and I don't know about the programming there. Is the BBC news aired on the same station the documentary was shown or was the clip shown as a news piece? Also, do you know when the ratings for this will be available? I want to be as informed as possible before I email my complaint.

Thanks

^ Oh yes, trapped in a contract that no one but he signed. Nothing was stopping him from walking away.

Exactly. And I would love to hear what Phillips has to say about Murray's "Michael would be homeless" claim, especially since I think Phillips already denied saying that in court.

Exactly. And I would love to hear what Phillips has to say about Murray's "Michael would be homeless" claim, especially since I think Phillips already denied saying that in court.

Randy Phillips should sue him

OK, I've seen some of it now (Youtube), and feel that I was correct in my hunch that this is going to backfire on Murray, BADLY. There is this weird "twinkly/tweedly" music, like "crazy person" music. At first I thought it was a slam at Michael, but as I watched, the music seems to imply that it's MURRAY who they tried to portray as off-his-rocker.

To say that Murray comes off as unsavory would be an understatement! He seems to be a horrible opportunist, and there are HIPPA violations all-over-the-place. After that, I'm sure his medical career is finished. "Bed-wetting?" If true, the reason doesn't matter? Saying such a thing is a horrible violation of patient confidentiality (and was most LIKELY due to the massive amounts of medications Murray was giving Michael.) Someone needs to file a report for a HIPPA violation (or many). A doctor simply should not TALK about a patient and the patient's problems and treatments!

Oh, and the reason (likely) that Murray said that audio was recorded "accidentally?" This varies by state, but in California the law reads that it's ILLEGAL to record someone without their knowledge/permission. Of COURSE he taped Michael intentionally!

The utter disrespect shown by Murray for Michael is obvious in the docu. Plus, the fact that this filming was ongoing during the trial is terribly sleazy. I'm pretty sure Pastor will take this atrocity into account when ruling on a sentence. Pastor also mentioned "restitution," which is possible in California. I doubt Murray will see any money from the docu, and money he makes in the future could be taken from him for restitution.

Chernoff/Flanagan come off as uncaring/unfeeling about Murray as a client. So, the docu shows that the attorneys were just doing a JOB, and didn't care about Murray -- they get his NAME wrong, at one point, and call him "Murphy," and then say, "What IS his name?" They don't care. Now, it looks like they've both abandoned him. Murray will be lucky to even get a public defender for any appeal, or sentencing.

The privacy violations, alone, are so VAST, that I can't imagine Murray could get any patients in the future, even if he's eventually allowed to have a medical license. As a doctor, he's FINISHED. His lawyers have abandoned him, and even the usual talking-head haters are anti-Murray. There is no possible defense for Murray's behavior, and the docu makes that very clear.

Yes, there are negative things said about Michael, but the revelation of Murray's complete lack of character almost. . ALMOST. . makes it worth it? And of course, there is the activism of fans, the Estate letter, LaToya's speaking out, and more. If nothing else, California might want to revisit its "Son of Sam" law, and reinstate it?

After this docu, I think Murray is FINISHED, as a doctor, and as a human-being with any credibility at all, in his life.

It's rough watching it, but it's oddly satisfying to see Murray shooting himself in both feet? It's also possible the attorneys have destroyed their credibility. It's clear that the only defense they could think of was character assassination, of Michael. Their viciousness is quite apparent, as is there almost total lack of respect for their client. Watching this was hideous, but also strangely fascinating, to see Murray self-destruct that way?

In a documentary filmed during the trial of Jackson's physician, who was found guilty this week of involuntary manslaughter, Murray said he expected to act as a general family doctor but found himself enmeshed in the singer's scarred and claustrophobic life.

"I have seen him cry so many times. I told him it is OK to cry, it is OK, it is OK, Michael, you can cry ... What was done to him was far more than a beating by his father. He harmed Michael. It was so deep it would remove the world off its axis."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?:devil2:F:censored: idiot.

@AutumnII I really hope you are right, what has concerned me is the fact that none of the newspapers have really picked up on his manner etc. that you have described.

Oh, and there was also Murray's spooky "religious revelation." He was hearing VOICES? Is he SURE that was God? Might have been from an entity coming from much lower down? That part made Murray look like a complete hysteric/fruitcake, hands pressed together in an attitude of prayer, eyes rolling skyward, (well, at a ceiling?), and fakey, "sincere" voice. Completely outrageous.

I just watched the thing too, via Youtube.
He is so trying to manipulate perceptions... of course.
His ways are disgusting.

Back