Murray's Arraignment - all threads merged

Re: Conrad Murray Will Show in Court No Matter What

the way I understand it, if charges haven't been filed and he still want to surrender, the only option is to go and say "Arrest me, I am guilty". But from all the previous reports I understand that Murray keeps saying he's not guilty. So what's the point for him to go to the court at this time?

they said bail would be around 25 k so thats only 2 and half thousand to be paid upfront

the way I understand it, if charges haven't been filed and he still want to surrender, the only option is to go and say "Arrest me, I am guilty". But from all the previous reports I understand that Murray keeps saying he's not guilty. So what's the point for him to go to the court at this time?

exactly. its all just another P.R stunt. his spokesperson said he will meet the media at the courthouse. all its gonna be is my client is innocnet and he wants to hand himself in yet the police wont even arrest him. hes playing the victim and the D.A L.A.P.D are playing into his hands

You don't show up at a court house to be arrested. You don't turn yourself in unless there is a warrant issued. Maybe that is how they do things in Houston or maybe his lawyers are clueless

That's not how things work in Houston lol. I think everyone is just really frustrated, the DA and LAPD need to stop their grade school feud over who is going to take him in, and just work together. It seems like it's more of an ego thing than anything. IMO, it's just his lawyers pissed being told one thing, then another, this has been a 3 day ordeal deciding WHO takes him into custody. They need to act upon it and stop talking. I would be pissed off too. Maybe it's there way of trying to speed things up, like, "here he is, do something!".

does that mean courts though?

You don't show up at a court house to be arrested. You don't turn yourself in unless there is a warrant issued. Maybe that is how they do things in Houston or maybe his lawyers are clueless

I think it's the latter. His lawyers are clueless.

Murray is trying so hard to make himself the martyr. if he shows in court without charges being filed, he could be saying, "Look I have nothing to hide. I am redy to prove my innocense." While at the same time making the DA and LAPD look like incompetent fools who can't get their stuff together. I think they are being played.
i agree, i don't now why they're so hesitant

Murray is trying so hard to make himself the martyr. if he shows in court without charges being filed, he could be saying, "Look I have nothing to hide. I am redy to prove my innocense." While at the same time making the DA and LAPD look like incompetent fools who can't get their stuff together. I think they are being played.

I agree.

I think his attorneys want him to be charged as soon as possible because they know the super bowl news will overshadow it , and that the reason the DA probably want to delay it , he is not going to a preliminary hearing for nothing .

you can't surrender without charges...only if you want to confess your guilt...

This is all such a PR stunt. He hands himself over and he becomes the good guy and the police and DA are seen as incompetant. Urgh, it makes me so sick.

The DA and the LAPD never said they were going to arrest Murray at this moment. From my understanding it has been news stories, namely TMZ, who has been pushing for charges all week. All the LAPD have said that charges will be file soon.

So, you really can't fault the LAPD or the DA for the media running with a story that is not true or only half true. I guess they could say that charges will not be file soon, but I think they want Murray to be on edge. If the could put pressure on Murray and let him stew on his own juices long enough, he may make a fatal mistake that would make their job all the more easier.

They will charge Maury when they are ready to do so and that will be when they have their case together. Everyone else is the one jumping the gun demanding charges and arrests.

pr stunt, fishing for sympathy if they really appear there without charges done already... fishing for sympathy 'see how willing I am' blah

Can someone please tell Murray and his lawyer team this is not a showcase!
They have to shut up and sit in a corner till they will be called!

pr stunt, fishing for sympathy if they really appear there without charges done already... fishing for sympathy 'see how willing I am' blah

Can someone please tell Murray and his lawyer team this is not a showcase!
They have to shut up and sit in a corner till they will be called!

For real! This is ridiculous. Surely this can be used against him as "consciousness of guilt", as Trish was saying yesterday about the Forrest Lawn fiasco?

hopefully maybe thats whythe D.A is waiting as his digs a bigger hole

Re: LAPD/D.A. Feud Derails Dr. Murray Arraignment

So he's calling a patient? Or someone else with a code to tell them "MJ's been taken care of"?! Just a thought. I mean, what easier way to kill someone and make it look "accidental" and only get a max of 4 years (most likely less) than have a doctor give someone benzos and Propofol. There's been cases of nurses and doctors intentionally killing patients with benzos alone, so it's nothing new really. And isn't it a bit odd that Dr. Murray can afford to hire all these lawyers...Where is that money coming from? Would be really interesting to know who is giving him the funds. I hope the police is looking into it. Also, with Murray's past (several women, clubs, didn't someone mention gambling too?), it wouldn't surprise me if someone had some information about Murray that allowed them to blackmail him. Don't know, but this all just seems really odd, and somehow the way Murray acted looks like he wanted to make sure MJ dies. Not giving proper CPR, not calling help immediately, not telling he gave Propofol and now some dubious voicemail, which makes it sound more like some code (I know EECP exists and has to do with cardiology...but if Murray called while MJ was in trouble...sounds more like a code to "okay, he's been taken care of". I mean, if it was all planned and meant to loolk "accidental" then he ain't gonna call and say "okay I killed him" on the phone. Bet he'd use a code word. JMO.)

you made a very good point:from where he has the money for all this fancy lawyers?

you made a very good point:from where he has the money for all this fancy lawyers?

I imagine they're offering themselves at a very reduced rate. Names in the papers every day, its publicity for them that money can't buy.

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Plans have been canceled for Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, to surrender to authorities Friday on charges relating to the pop star's death, law enforcement sources said.

Negotiations between prosecutors and Murray's lawyers broke down Thursday evening, law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the talks told Beth Karas of "In Session," of CNN sister network truTV.

"I don't know what part of negotiations could have broken down, in light of the fact that we've placed ourselves in the hands of law enforcement to surrender at any time," said Ed Chernoff, Murray's lawyer."

Source: CNN CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/04/...harges/?hpt=T1

I'm SICK of this. If they are going to arrest him bloody do it and stop effin about!

A suspect has no business telling the authorities when and how to arrest him.
The police has no business telling the DA when and how to file charges.
There's no confusion here, just fake drama created by TMZ and Murray's PR team.

hopefully maybe thats whythe D.A is waiting as his digs a bigger hole

Yes and eventually sends LAPD to arrest Murray, handcuffs and all, right in the middle of his "press conference" at the courts this afternoon....

There's no confusion here, just fake drama created by TMZ and Murray's PR team.
yeap agree

Yes and eventually sends LAPD to arrest Murray, handcuffs and all, right in the middle of his "press conference" at the courts this afternoon....

now that will make my day:clapping:

Negotiations between prosecutors and Murray's lawyers broke down

BULLCRAP!! MOCKERY!! MOCKERY!! What is going on here? You arrested MJ in a BLINK! This is all just ridiculous! WHY are we negotiating with this MAN?!??!?!?!? WTF! no wonder he has been going on about his life....I'm so mad I can...spit fire!

Now that would be something! All on live TV!

What how can they surrender 'whether charges are filed or not' wouldn't that be admitting being responsible? Like when someone goes into a police station and says 'I killed so and so'? I thought he didn't want to admit being responsible?

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Plans have been canceled for Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, to surrender to authorities Friday on charges relating to the pop star's death, law enforcement sources said.

Negotiations between prosecutors and Murray's lawyers broke down Thursday evening, law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the talks told Beth Karas of "In Session," of CNN sister network truTV.

"I don't know what part of negotiations could have broken down, in light of the fact that we've placed ourselves in the hands of law enforcement to surrender at any time," said Ed Chernoff, Murray's lawyer."

Source: CNN CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/04/...harges/?hpt=T1

Sick of this messing about, am I shocked or surprised.. not really. TMZ have done this to us multiple times.

For real! This is ridiculous. Surely this can be used against him as "consciousness of guilt", as Trish was saying yesterday about the Forrest Lawn fiasco?
Well I clearly hope ppl are able to look through this conduct of Murray.
Then again I know how superficial ppl have always judged Michael while he was still alive... and I get worried.
Then again I know the truth will prevail... sooner or later it will get everybody... hopefully sooner than later.
Yet there's not many facts out there.
Just a doctor playing a very very bad 'game'... I hope the judge this guy will have to face will think a little bit like me and how Murrays conduct might hurts and must effect the childrens precious souls... to me it's so disgusting... if I'd ever had some for Murray then I'd say I'm losing all my respect. But I can't really say so...
I just start to dislike tmz again for this way reporting and supporting the Murray theatre.

I hate that tmz starts all this drama, and then the other news stations run with it and turn everything into a big deal.

Maybe theres a reason other than the handcuffing thing that makes the LAPD want to approach this diffrently to the DA? I dont know what, but they could be arguing over something else, if they are arguing at all that it.

he was definitely making them after MJ was already dead because if you go with what he said and if indeed he was doing CPR while he was talking to his girlfriend he had no time to collect the drug bottles and then hide them . all these calls were made to cover up what happened before 10.40 am that day . if the Today Show report is true that the amounts of propofol found in mj's system were huge then I don't know how is he gonna explain that , a 25 mg were less than one bottle, let's just say they found much more how is he gonna explain that ? MJ used to wake up and change the bottles ? :smilerolleyes:

and they would have been able to know for how many hours he was given propofol that night , how is he gonna explain that ?

Let's say he change his story to I gave it to him all the night and that's why you found huge amounts in his urine , then why did he say it was only given at 10:40 am ?

He is busted .

Dude, i wish you were on the prosecution team lol.

Back