My Sadness at Returning To Neverland

moonstreet

Guests
On Monday 28 June I went to Neverland. This was my first visit back there since early July 2009. I was soo horrified and angered to see that in the months since my last visit, the walls at Neverland had been defaced and vandelised by so called fans. It broke my heart to see the beautiful walls covered in writing. Never in all the years that Michael was living there have I seen such disrespect for Michael.

I have been visiting Neverland since Jan 2004. Fans have been visiting Neverland even since Michael bought the property over 20 years ago. Never in all those years have "fans" shown soo little respect for Michael. All the years I have been visiting there fans have made sure that Neverland is cared for, making sure we dont leave any litter, etc.

I spoke to one of the security about all the writings on the wall. He said that the owner is not happy about the walls being defaced. He began working at Neverland a few months before June 25, and he remembered all the chaos at Neverland in the days after June 25. I told he I was at Neverland in the beguinning of July 2009 and there were no writings an the wall. He agreed and said that the writings on the walls started when the big fan groups started coming to Neverland. He said and I quote " we can tell they are not real fans" . When the tourists and sightseers saw the fan groups writing on the walls, they started too. Now everywhere is covered, even the security intercom. People even have written on the big brown main gates, the gates that have stood at the entrance to Neverland for over 20 years.

How could you? why did you do this? Would you have written on the walls when Michael was living there?

I have heard rumors that because of the writings on the walls, that there is a possibilty that in the future, the entrance to Neverland may be changed, and that there will be no acess to the main gate and wall area.

I have also heard on twitter, that "fans" have now started writing on the walls at Forest Lawn and Havenhurst.

Have you no respect for the Jackson family?

Due to the actions of these so called fans, the majority of the fans will be penalised. For 20 over years , because the fans acted in a respectful way, we have been allowed to visit Neverland and the Jackson home in Encino. Now that is under threat, and could be taken away from us, all because of the stupid selfish actions of a few fans!!

Ive been hearing this too about Neverland :( Please.. preserve this place. Write on notes or papers and hang it on the walls and the gates.. or go write message on rocks and leave it there but NOT on the walls.

I would also like to inform that some fans have been writing on the walls of Forest Lawn- thats really unacceptable imo. The writings are at ground level behind the bushes beneath Michael's windows. Ive been told it is like five-six different kind of notes. Some notes are big while others are not. Someone has for instance written "MJs 3rd wife" on the wall!!

Last edited:
oh yes folks, Neverland is now a tourist attraction. Spend a few hours there, and you will see the majority of the people who visit are tourists and sightseers. There roll up every few minutes, ask us is this Neverland, or Michael Jacksons house, get their cameras, pose at the gates , write on the walls, cos "everyone else has" and then they are gone. I went to Neverland on 2 different days and spent about 8 hours each day. On the first day, there were about 10 real fans there, some who I had arranged to meet at Neverland, others who just happened to be there at the same time. On the second day, I met only 1 other real fan.

The secuirty guard also told me about the rose wreaths that were there last year. He said that they had 2 lots of red rose wreaths and 4 lots of white rose wreaths. The reason they stopped putting the wreaths on the gates is cos people were stealing the roses, and it was too expensive to keep replacing the wreaths!!

I agree that this is horribly wrong. It is a shame that ignorance is so abundant and rears its head in all forms.

some have tried to justify by saying things are different now that Michael is not here, and that its a way of showing love for Michael for grieving fans. I dont agree. Neverland is Neverland, the place Michael created as his santuary, his home. Just cos he is not here is no reason not to respect his property and just write all over the walls. Its soo obvious that the fans who started this had never been to Neverland when Michael was living there, or they would have understood the magic and how special the place.

Some fans have actually started a facebook group called "DONT DEFACE NEVERLAND"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=130676416969017&ref=ts

We are a group of concerned MJ fans. After the first death anniversary we've seen how people have taken pictures of their and other people's writings on the walls of Neverland.

This is vandalism! This is his home! We want to tell the world to stop defacing Neverland and use paper or other products to leave messages. We want Neverland to stay in tact.

wow. that is just so wrong. i relaly hope something can be done about this. im guessing these are eather new fans or older fans or maybe both who are doing this. Eather way its wrong. Neverland is not a place to deface and disrespect. Forest Lawn as well. that just makes me sad. i dont want something like visiting neverland being taken away from the fans who loved and respected Michael all these years. ive never been to Neverland but ivce always wanted to go and i hope to someday and leave a flower or a card for michael and same at forest lawn. but that may not happen ever if this continues and no one does anything to stop it. i know we are all still grieving and we all do stupid things in moments of mourning but this is just out of line. the tourists thing was going to happen one way or the other bc everyone knows where neverland is and people are going to go there and take pictures and what not. but we all need to know our limits have respect for Michael, his family, and children. i hope this is put to a stop.

so they're writing on forest lawn, where many people are buried, too?

kind of a contrast. MJ was a special human being. ironically, the trouble is, depending on how you look at it, his music is so powerful, that it attracts all 'kinds' of people, along with fans. so you know he was never non successful, because..undesirables were and are attracted to his music, too. it's the undesirables that write on the walls. despite what's inside those people, the music's power is formidable.

yes..there is a lot of disrespect...and a reminder of the contrast between the angelic MJ, and this world. and they may be wanting to be a part of his music, but his music wouldn't want to be a part of them.

.... and this is only one of the reasons I have always felt and said and thought Neverland shouldn't be turned into another Graceland. Can you imagine what it would be like? How disrespectful to MJ that would be? He created Neverland to share freely, a place to have peace, fun and a time to relax. People who ever crossed the gates, were people Michael himself invited in. Never anyone had to pay to get access. So... why doing that now? to have turists eating french fries and drinking soda while putting their feet on any place to take a pic to say "Ey!! and this was the Jackson's place!"

I hope that will never happen.
I am sorry this is happening.
I am sorry love is being confused with lack of respect over and over again :(

damn! that made me very sad! :(

what is written on the walls?? bad names? "MJ is alive"??

Jesus! :(

TMZ are sooo lurking here and/or other MJ boards/facebook groups etc

[size=+1]MJ Tomb -- Defaced with Hidden Messages[/size]
7/13/2010 12:15 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Michael Jackson's tomb has been defaced by a stealth band of vandals -- who have marked the walls of MJ's mausoleum with hidden messages ... and it's all in permanent ink.

0712-mj-masoleum-launch-ex.jpg

Security at Forest Lawn in Glendale, CA is on the lookout for "fans" who have been writing messages in hard-to-spot places outside the main window of the building in which MJ in entombed.

The writing is mostly hidden underneath ledges -- or in spots covered by bushes -- and contains messages like, "Miss you" and "Keep the dream alive."

Reps at Forest Lawn are pretty ticked off -- telling TMZ, "Activity such as this, is a prime example why we are evaluating the level of access to the various entrances of the Great Mausoleum."

Forest Lawn also tells us that anyone caught vandalizing the cemetery will be banned for life.

Last edited:
Oh my god, there are too many disrespectful people in the world.
Isn't Neverland supervised? Can anyone get inside? Is anyone living there now?

We should collect money to have the walls and gates at Neverland repainted.
I don't know how, but I'm willing to donate some money for that.
If we can pay for thousants of sunflowers, then we can fix this.

It would show that the real fans want Neverland beautiful and untouched.

Then, there should be a big sign to tell people not to write of the wall and provide a specific place where guests can write something. These tourist are obviously not smart enough to understand the meaning of respect and property vandalism. They need to be educate.
Would anyone of you here able to suggest that to the guard or person who manage the place?

the problem is now that there is so much writing at Neverland, not just on the walls but on the brown gates, the barriers in front of the gates, the security intercom, carved into the trees, on the glass panals of the lights, on every curbstone that at the moment its too difficult to stop people adding to it. The "fans" started it and now everyone who goes there just thinks its ok and add more. The only solution is for the people at Neverland to completly clean the walls, by power hosing and sand blasting. When I was talking to the security, he implied that this may happen.

The sad thing is though, that soo many fans dont agree that the writings on the walls are wrong. They see it as a way for fans to express their grief.

The security have tried to stop the writings but it continues as people think its ok, as there is soo much.

Then, there should be a big sign to tell people not to write of the wall and provide a specific place where guests can write something. These tourist are obviously not smart enough to understand the meaning of respect and property vandalism. They need to be educate.
Would anyone of you here able to suggest that to the guard or person who manage the place?

I think it's just common sense. they don't write on the walls of their own apartment or house. why do they think it's okay to write on the walls of other people's house? I am not even talking about a cemetery. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Back