Neverland Ranch Auction CANCELLED/Neverland Loan Sold/Statement From MJ (9)

Are you trying to be funny? When you take my sentence out of context and isolate it to make me sound silly, you do exactly what the media does to MJ. Put my sentence back in the context for which it was meant so that it makes sence again. :cheeky:

I thought it was funny. I don't think you should take it so seriously.

Here is a new article speculating about the loan but also describing why Capital would be willing to take it on. As you have noted it is just business. I friggin' wish people would catch up on where he is living these days though.

http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/15/money-and-other-strangers/

Money and Other Strangers
On the Beat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 15, 2008
By Barney Brantingham (Contact)

DEAL FOR NEVERLAND? Michael Jackson’s 2,600-acre Neverland Ranch theoretically could be split into 100-acre parcels under current zoning, although such an extreme slicing and dicing seems unlikely.

But with Santa Barbaran Tom Barrack, one of the world’s biggest developers, now owning Jackson’s loan on the ranch, some sort of split could be an option if Jackson defaults, according to one real estate source I talked to.

On the Beat
Even if Barrack forecloses and doesn’t subdivide, he’s looking at a paper profit of perhaps $14 million on his $23.6 investment, by one knowledgeable professional’s estimate. That’s because its land value is about $26 million and the improvements, including some 20 buildings, are valued at around $11 million, for a total of about $37 million, the source told me.

And under a theoretical split into 100-acre ranches, Barrack could gross something like $130 million, the professional estimated. Nearby ranches are being split, but my source doesn’t think the county would allow 100-acre lots, even though that conforms to current zoning.

On the other hand, cash-challenged Jackson could actually start paying on the $23.5 million loan that Barrack’s company, Colony Capital, bought from Fortress Investment Group. It seems unlikely, however. By buying the loan and thus saving the entertainer from losing Neverland at auction this week, Barrack figures to harvest a hefty interest payment on the loan — if Jackson makes the payments. Barrack “can’t lose,” my source said.

The ranch, once a circus-like playground for Jackson’s friends and invited guests, has now fallen into disrepair, the animals gone. Jackson bought the ranch in 1988 for about $28 million. As far as anyone knows, Jackson hasn’t set foot on the ranch or even in the county since being acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005. He’s been living abroad, far from any new allegations that might emerge from the Santa Barbara District Attorney’s office. So far there’s been no hint of that, especially since DA Tom Sneddon, whom Jackson considered a major tormentor, has retired. The entertainer and Barrack’s people are said to be talking. So what kind of a deal are they cooking up?

^ I agree Datsymay..thats how things get twisted

Last edited:
I love the way Michael continues to serve the media CROW to eat. LOL! They "thought" they knew what was going on and then BOOM, Michael comes out with this Thomas Barrack person and NOBODY knew what was going on. I absolutely love i!

Here it is Thursday and they are STILL talking about Neverland. I'm sure they are all asking themselves, "how does he do that." LOL!

I love the way Michael continues to serve the media CROW to eat. LOL! They "thought" they knew what was going on and then BOOM, Michael comes out with this Thomas Barrack person and NOBODY knew what was going on. I absolutely love i!

Here it is Thursday and they are STILL talking about Neverland. I'm sure they are all asking themselves, "how does he do that." LOL!

Yes, indeed Big Apple. MJ is just about the wisest guy in showbusiness.
May I just add, that If I owned Neverland and had 20 or 30 green-eyed monster, including hospital patients coming at me trying to take my property from me. I WOULD PUT A BIG MORTGAGE ON IT.
Neverland is not half as attractive to thieves if it has a big mortgage on it.
I believe that is the strategy MJ was advised to use. This may have been the reason why he was not interested in paying back the money in full.

Last edited:
mj got the morgage to pay branca to get the 5 % or whatever it was of the sony/atv back nothing more nothing less. sorry but its crazy to think mj is defaulting on houses ect just to make ppl think hes broke lol its a crazy excuse for what other issues are or arent going on

I said nothing else, only didn't mention THIS name, and got some harsh reproaches of being negative towards Michael and his decisions and achievements, so I guess it is not the same when I bring up these matters.
Right, some should really ask themselves, why things happens like they do, only by chance or God's will? But lets the time bring it to light, wait and see.
What has already happened and what has already come to light is Neverland did not get auctioned off on 5/14/08. You did notice this, right? To date, things have been turning out great!

You should ask yourself why you are having such a hard time letting go of your fear. You should also ask yourself why you are searching for a forum to be afraid on.

mj got the morgage to pay branca to get the 5 % or whatever it was of the sony/atv back nothing more nothing less. sorry but its crazy to think mj is defaulting on houses ect just to make ppl think hes broke lol its a crazy excuse for what other issues are or arent going on
Go back and read what I sad again. I would never tell you what MJ did because I have no way of knowing. I simply said that is what I would have done and I wouldn't be surprised of that was the strategy he was using too. And yes, If I was being sued or overcharged every day, I would cry broke just to get people off my back, it makes good sense.

Last edited:
he's not broke but he's cash poor. his money is in assets, property, and other things. so in order to pay $25M in a yr, he'd have to liquidate something to do so. w/ the money and housing market being biitchy right now,it's not a smart move to do that. b/c if he pays off the loan and the value of the house goes down, he loses.

colony owns the hilton in vegas..........

Yes I did that on purpose. I took it out of context because it sounded very funny, that RICH people don't have cash. I apologize if I offended you. But admit it was a little bit funny :)

Yes I did that on purpose. I took it out of context because it sounded very funny, that RICH people don't have cash. I apologize if I offended you. But admit it was a little bit funny :)
That is ok. I wasn't sure if you were mocking me, and I was feeling a bit sore because nobody seemed to be understanding the point I was making, but it is true, that is was funny.:D

Yes, indeed Big Apple. MJ is just about the wisest guy ion showbusiness.
May I just add, that If I owned Neverland and had 20 or 30 green-eyed monster, including hospital patients coming at me trying to take my property from me. I WOULD PUT A BIG MORTGAGE ON IT.
Neverland is not half as attracted to thieves of it has a big mortgage on it.
I believe that is the strategy MJ was advised to ise. This may have been the reason why he was not interested in paying back the money in full.

Thats what I always thought about that. Could have some truth in it. How else would they stop? Not the baddest strategy to save his residence for his (the) children.

I heard something (similar) regarding Disneyland Paris...anyway.

everyone knows mj is not broke its only the media who have said this. we know he has huge asserts. sony/atv etc. the problem is cash in hand money

yep, especially when the accounting firm that is suppose to be paying your bills..only takes out the $2mil that was there to pay the bills..and dont pay the bills and pockets the money..

then you (Michael) ends up paying twice... because the people owed run to the media.. and file lawsuits..which then involves lawyers.. so actually.. you'd paid 3 times for one thing...

yep, especially when the accounting firm that is suppose to be paying your bills..only takes out the $2mil that was there to pay the bills..and dont pay the bills and pockets the money..

then you (Michael) ends up paying twice... because the people owed run to the media.. and file lawsuits..which then involves lawyers.. so actually.. you'd paid 3 times for one thing...

i totally believe that. i can't tell you how many times i had to pay rent twice to corrupt people just to keep the peace and keep my apartment..

MJ is interested in peace...and often he has to pay a high price for it..

this board is about opinions. vince. but the fact is default papers were filed and payments were missed just like on encino that is fact and the bottom line. hopefully it wont happen again. it a shame cause mj could make that sort of money so easy and there wouldnt be a problem.

i still assert we don't know the facts...

i know that papers can be filed without an investigation being brought about first...and innocent people can get hurt...and the wrong people can get accused..and the wrong accusations can fly. things are never as they seem. it has happened to me, but i shouldn't have to say that, for people to know it should be an inbred instinct in our basic human deceny make up.

all i know is MJ's pattern of behaviour can be felt in the soul..he does things in an honest fashion..think...'i have your ink pin'...

and that is the way of his heart....

the people that surround him..are another story....

so...as much as you would like to use the word 'fact'..and as addictive as sort of being in control is..the reality is..we don't know...and that MJ has been around long enough to always give him the benefit of the doubt...

and it's all too easy to not give people the benefit of the doubt...so..i guess i choose to choose Michael for that..

it gives me positive vibes...and..so far..i've been not made a fool of..

it's just a lot better place to be, than in the atmosphere of anxiety, doubt, worry, where MJ is concerned...

for me..it makes life happier..

and...the true reality is...this is a society where it is easy to think the doubtful...the worst...etc.

and most importantly it is the time where people find it easy to pass even the slightest judgement without true true evidence....

but one thing is for sure....

whatever you put out, comes back to you..

people have a harder time judging me in my life, because i refuse to choose at least one person, to whom i shall never pass judgement...not even in the least..

and the more people i add to that list...the better it is for me...and what comes back to me...

and, that rule applies to all of us...

people have many names for it...karma....what goes around....reap and sow....etc...

so..i guess we all have it in common...

it's important enough to me, so that it's worth stressing and repeating...

MJ's record is too sterling for me to look for clouds...

just think about it...

if we're going to cast clouds where there is a pattern of unfinished business in the finding solid evidence department...how much more will we get caught up in it all, when evidence does come up for others..even those close to us..

Michael is an example where we can learn not to judge..even in the slightest...by now...that should not be a problem....no matter how many papers are filed....

cus the end result is always the same...

Last edited:
i still assert we don't know the facts...

i know that papers can be filed without an investigation being brought about first...and innocent people can get hurt...and the wrong people can get accused..and the wrong accusations can fly. things are never as they seem. it has happened to me, but i shouldn't have to say that, for people to know it should be an inbred instinct in our basic human deceny make up.

all i know is MJ's pattern of behaviour can be felt in the soul..he does things in an honest fashion..think...'i have your ink pin'...

and that is the way of his heart....

the people that surround him..are another story....

so...as much as you would like to use the word 'fact'..and as addictive as sort of being in control is..the reality is..we don't know...and that MJ has been around long enough to always give him the benefit of the doubt...

and it's all too easy to not give people the benefit of the doubt...so..i guess i choose to choose Michael for that..

it gives me positive vibes...and..so far..i've been not made a fool of..

it's just a lot better place to be, than in the atmosphere of anxiety, doubt, worry, where MJ is concerned...

for me..it makes life happier..

and...the true reality is...this is a society where it is easy to think the doubtful...the worst...etc.

and most importantly it is the time where people find it easy to pass even the slightest judgement without true true evidence....

but one thing is for sure....

whatever you put out, comes back to you..

people have a harder time judging me in my life, because i refuse to choose at least one person, to whom i shall never pass judgement...not even in the least..

and the more people i add to that list...the better it is for me...and what comes back to me...

and, that rule applies to all of us...

people have many names for it...karma....what goes around....reap and sow....etc...

so..i guess we all have it in common...

it's important enough to me, so that it's worth stressing and repeating...

MJ's record is too sterling for me to look for clouds...

just think about it...

if we're going to cast clouds where there is a pattern of unfinished business in the finding solid evidence department...how much more will we get caught up in it all, when evidence does come up for others..even those close to us..

Michael is an example where we can learn not to judge..even in the slightest...by now...that should not be a problem....no matter how many papers are filed....

cus the end result is always the same...
vncwilliam, I'm glad you brought up what I've bolded above in red, because often times, people use it to describe bad things only.

The truth is, if people sow bad things, they will reap bad things. If people sow good things, they will reap good things.

Michael Jackson is someone that has been sowing good things since he was a kid, and he has also been sowing generously. He is now starting to reap what he has sown and it is one of the main reasons why we should not worry about anything. He has also been spending the majority of his life trying to walk the straight and narrow and it is now paying off beautifully. He loves the Lord with all of his heart, mind and soul.

God NEVER breaks a promise. 2 Corinthians 9:6 is a passage that we can find TOTAL comfort in as we watch Michael being removed from the entanglement that Evan Chandler set up for him.

Michael is a good man and he is going to be okay.

He was exonerated by God way before the trial even took place. The only reason why people were unable to tell is because the event to make it clear to people did not get a chance to play out until 2005. Up until then, MJ's hands were tied and they...meaning the media...were beating up on him unfairly. The settlement of 1993 made it hard for him to defend himself, but once he finally got a chance to stand up, the blessings came forth like someone had opened a floodgate. And there are more to come.

Last edited:
Did y'all know that an affiliate company of Colony Capital owns the Las Vegas Hilton ??

This fan is choosing to read between the lines ...
discussions with Colony and its founder, Tom Barrack Jr., "with regard to the ranch and other matters."

:innocent: Wonder what they could be NEGOTIATING ;)

Did y'all know that an affiliate company of Colony Capital owns the Las Vegas Hilton ??

This fan is choosing to read between the lines ...

:innocent: Wonder what they could be NEGOTIATING ;)
yes, I know but it is not allowed to write or speak about. At least not in the concerning article. :D:agree:

I'm beginning to think that Michael may be planning to do something big in Vegas after all. I don't mean a long, lengthy residency like Celine did, but something BIG that will catch people attention. And then he may move on to the rest of the country and the world. That is what I think.

sooooo

I've been gone a week.

I see the banter hasn't changed lol

YAY for MJ. I'm glad he's happy with the decision and it seem like he's handling his bid-nass. :lol: The shoulda woulda couldas don't matter at this point...wait, let me rephrase that...the "I THINK HE SHOUDA woulda coulda"s don't matter right now. MJ is handling it on his terms,his way. So good on him.

Last edited:
yep... since "he" never gives any. :D
I've been getting mine continuously, and I can tell each and every time that I do. :D

Now, because of the "proud" choice that you've made under your screen name, I know you and I will not ever see eye to eye on anything pertaining to God. And because I know we will not, you and I are not going to waste each others time and energy debating about HIM in this thread about good news.

You'll find out about HIM one day on your own...when it's time.

ive mentioned the hilton th ing a few tiems but it keeps getting buried between insults and assumptions.

What do you mean? What did you say? I'll chat with ya about it cause I think he may be planning something in Vegas....I really do. And I live 3 hours away from Vegas. Gonna start saving my money now.

Can you imagine Michael's Vegas tickets being sold out literally in 3 hours? I can.

What do you mean?

its been reported a few times in the media. assumptions about mj doing shows at the hilton to pay the debt. just the media putting 2 and 2 together.mj did say other things in his statement.who knows but i aint holding my breath

it would be hilarious to see a concert sized venue built on neverland and michael doing a gig on his own property LOL making the ranch literally pay for itself. Or a neverland themed attraction added to vegas for michael to headline at :giggle:

It seems inevitable, given his financial ties to Vegas, that something happens along those lines. Maybe not as over the top but something nonetheless. I mean what is more over the top than Vegas .... Maybe Michael :lol: ... put the two together, one can only imagine the outcome ;)

I've been getting mine continuously, and I can tell each and every time that I do. :D

just make sure it never makes you do evil things... ;)

Now, because of the "proud" choice that you've made under your screen name, I know you and I will not ever see eye to eye on anything pertaining to God.

You'll find out about HIM one day on your own...when it's time.

its aallllright.
i didnt make a "choice" btw... the open mind is what i am proud of.
a choice is what you made by accepting the
the traditional christian view of the world as the ultimate one.

but anyway... live and let live.
i sometime just can not resist commenting when its getting funny... :)

you and I are not going to waste each others time and energy debating about HIM in this thread about good news
YOU brought "him" into this thread. :D

Last edited:
just make sure it never makes you do evil things... ;)

its aallllright.
i didnt make a "choice" btw... the open mind is what i am proud of.
a choice is what you made by accepting the
the traditional christian view of the world as the ultimate one.

but anyway... live and let live.
i sometime just can not resist commenting when its getting funny... :)

YOU brought "him" into this thread. :D

Wouldn't that make you a 'proud agnostic' and not a 'proud athiest'

Wouldn't that make you a 'proud agnostic' and not a 'proud athiest'

you are right.
but the more obvious to me the collective psychosis the more i become atheist...

sorry for thread-hijack.
maybe a moderator can extract this into a new thread in the general section.

Back