Neverland State Park???

If the Neverland Valley Ranch is turned into a California State Park, I think we, as Michael Jackson fans, should work to make the resulting outcome
"Beautiful and Positive".
rawwks.gif

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a park though..also it should ultimately come down to the decision of Michael's children what happens to Neverland and not some morons who just want money.

I don't think it will be a park though..also it should ultimately come down to the decision of Michael's children what happens to Neverland and not some morons who just want money.

I think I will wait until tomorrow to post on this but I do have a few things to say.

God bless!!!

Sharon B. Sidney

Why dont the estate just buy it and probably recreate at least the most of it..?

quite an exaggeration. mj sold a minority % to colony inreturn for them paying off the loan that was gained with the ranch as collateral. the two of them would then go into business and use the ranch for whatever was decided between the two. at the time thome mentioned things such as hotels etc or to just do the place up and sell it off. but nothing had been decided and probably wouldnt have been for years to come due to the world markets

Hotels?! They were planning on putting hotels there?! I just don't see Michael taking that beautiful peace of land (knowing how much he wanted to preserve land) and building hotels on it. Thome said this? hmm maybe that was his 'money making' idea and he was running his mouth. never trusted that guy.Thanks for that bit of info tho.

You know what, if they let everything and take care of everything JUST LIKE MICHAEL when he was there with his kids, and more than a park is a Michael Jackson Museum, i will say YES, defenetly.

that people can visit there, but as a his museum, who wouldent want to go??? its the place of a genius!!!, I want to go!!!, its Michael's NEVERLAND!,

but i dont know, i just hope his kids can decide on this, SADLY its common to not listen to children for being that, children, but many, most times children have a wisdom that grown ups dont, and in the end they are the FUTURE.

I just canty believe people are not more upset about this IF this is true...

It really pisses me off that that state wants to get Neverland...
they have been hating on him since forever and now they wanna 'honor' him...

I know a lot of new fans and occasion-fans dont really think about the trial from 2003-2005 and the false accusations in 1993 but i cant forget it (nor do i want to).
If the state is going to own Neverland i will NOT visit it!

Please dotn let this be true and if they are interested the family/the estate better find a way to prevent it.

Oh no :doh: :no:

I think the Estate should buy the ranch back and keep it for Michael's children. It might mean a lot to Michael's kids since they spent their childhood with their father there.

Totally agree.

Opening Neverland as a state park would in my opinion be a complete violation of Michael's memory and the memories his 3 children had living there. I agree with one post here where a member said Michael's estate should be bought back by Michael's estate.

The state of California already has a history of preserving the homes of
individual Californians who have made a positive contribution to the
citizens of California. So, I think a wise choice would be for
the Michael Jackson Estate on the behalf of Michael children's
to create a public-private agreement with the state of California
to return Neverland back to its original state and preserve Neverland
and the surrounding land as an official historical California site.
If managed correctly the Neverland Valley Ranch State Park

Last edited:
Hotels?! They were planning on putting hotels there?! I just don't see Michael taking that beautiful peace of land (knowing how much he wanted to preserve land) and building hotels on it. Thome said this? hmm maybe that was his 'money making' idea and he was running his mouth. never trusted that guy.Thanks for that bit of info tho.

nothing was planned it was just brainstorming at the time and quotes from thome etc as to what might be done with it in the future. colony and mj went into business together to make money off the ranch. that was one of many ideas they had

I think Prince, Paris and Blanket should keep it. They may decide to do what LMP and Priscilla have done with Graceland, or they may decide to keep it a private reverie. In any case, I think the decision is theirs to make in the end. No one else has the right to decide what happens to the place, not even Mrs. Katherine Jackson, IMO. The children have the only valid say in the matter, because it was their home and no one else's.

I also doubt California will go through with this resolution, btw. They're broke as hell--how exactly do they plan on buying Neverland?! It would be extremely unwise to make such a huge purchase, not to mention unethical. If the kids want to open Neverland to the general public, so be it. California, however, should have no such right. They'll do anything for money, though.

Californians need Michael Jackson's message more than ever.
They need to "pull together as one".

After doing more research I think actually its quite a nice idea. I still believe the kids should have the decision in what happens but it becomes a place of interest that the state helps to keep. Plus it can be used for helping disadvantaged youths again by organising trips to it etc which is obviously what Michael did with it.

After doing more research I think actually its quite a nice idea. I still believe the kids should have the decision in what happens but it becomes a place of interest that the state helps to keep. Plus it can be used for helping disadvantaged youths again by organising trips to it etc which is obviously what Michael did with it.
:clapping:Yes, Yes, and Michael's children and his estate
can fulfill Michael Jackson's bequest that moneys from his estate
should be used to establish two children's charities.
In addition, it would take away from Michael's children the
incredible expense of maintaining Neverland, while ensuring Neverland
(including their fathers' library collection)
remained the lovely, dignified home their father established. :clapping:

I found this information posted on the KOP, and I thought
the fans here might like to read it.

(Thrusting Crotch @ Jul 18 2010, 12:43 AM)
Neverland is actually looking amazing at the moment. Just as beautiful as Michael left it. It has been upkept extremely well. My friend works there with some of the disadvantaged animals who are on the property at the moment. The zoo portion has been reopened and is currently housing rescue animals from some of the local animal shelters.
wub.gif

I think this definately would have made Michael smile. To see it being used for something positive.
smile.gif

This is wonderful news!!!!
giveheart.gif

By the way, Thrusting Crotch uses this marvelous signature.
girldance.gif

tcSHADYBUNCHSIGGY1.jpg

I can't find the words to put this politely.... They show simply no shame. After all the State of California has done for Michael, you know... -_-

And so much wrong :angry:

All the discussion about they memorial expenses (which could have been managed at a lower profile level, no need to make such a big deal about it) and the people of Santa Monica... how friendly were they to Michael in life??????

SHAME ON ALL THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

So now Michael is such an important part of history... while earlier he was someone they wish they could get rid of. For them it's only a chance to cash using this name.

DESPICABLE!!!

There are many Californians who think the world of Michael. I think the distorted media would have people to believe otherwise but Michael was tried by "the state of California" but it was the people of California that found him not guilty on all accounts.

Please try not to hold all offices in the same regard as corrupt officers and those in collusion with them. I know it's hard but it is not fair to lump everyone into one mold.

i heard that the place was being vandalized with grafitti

Not graffiti, it's more like sharpies.. but it DOESN'T look good..

I think the fans who are so keen on getting Neverland open are very selfish, I have talked to people there, and they all say "it's not what the community wants"..

So basically it would mean, that if it happened, Michael's former neighbours would curse him up and down..

Not graffiti, it's more like sharpies.. but it DOESN'T look good..

I think the fans who are so keen on getting Neverland open are very selfish, I have talked to people there, and they all say "it's not what the community wants"..

Ummm, actually, it seems most people here are saying that it should be the decision the Michael's children of what happens to Neverland..I feel that way as well.

Now if in the future, Michael's children decide they want to reopen Neverland, for what ever reason, I think most of us here would support it. For the "community" to not support it is completely idiotic, more people=more $ for the community. The place is not going to turn into a party festival or anything, yeesh. Oh also, maybe if people in that community knew what would actually happen then they wouldn't be opposed to anything. They have this whole perception of "oh it will just be so chaotic" uh, no it won't. The people living there that are against opening Neverland are probably the same people who just don't like Michael.

So basically it would mean, that if it happened, Michael's former neighbours would curse him up and down..

So were his former neighbours cursing him up and down for the 17 years he lived there? Even when Michael was living there, I could care less about what his "neighbours" think to be honest. But in reality, every situation can be dealt with accordingly.

The whole way of thinking that "oh there's reasons why you can't reopen it" are completely irrelevant and not obsolete. Because all these "reasons" can be dealt with completely. If there is ever a day Michael's children decide to open it, then it can be done. With the proper amount materials and reasoning anything can be done.

Last edited:
Ummm, actually, it seems most people here are saying that it should be the decision the Michael's children of what happens to Neverland..I feel that way as well.

Now if in the future, Michael's children decide they want to reopen Neverland, for what ever reason, I think most of us here would support it. For the "community" to not support it is completely idiotic, more people=more $ for the community. The place is not going to turn into a party festival or anything, yeesh. Oh also, maybe if people in that community knew what would actually happen then they wouldn't be opposed to anything. They have this whole perception of "oh it will just be so chaotic" uh, no it won't. The people that are against opening Neverland are probably the same people who just don't like Michael.

So were his former neighbours cursing him up and down for the 17 years he lived there? Even when Michael was living there, I could care less about what his "neighbours" think to be honest. But in reality, every situation can be dealt with accordingly.

The whole way of thinking that "oh there's reasons why you can't reopen it" are completely irrelevant and not obsolete. Because all these "reasons" can be dealt with completely. If there is ever a day Michael's children decide to open it, then it can be done. With the proper amount materials and reasoning anything can be done.

Not at all..

Back