Neverland State Park???

I'd much rather it be a park then someone elses new home:(

The only thing i want is Neverland to be restored to the way Michael had it when he lived there. He wanted that place for the kids he opened it up for the sick and the dieing. It needs to be used for just that. Not some park that will only make the rich richer and give nothing to his kids or any other kid.

agree. that is mjs greatest legacy. and this article is a non story .they say they have no intrest in buying it and what ever happened the estate is majority owner and will have the final say anyway

I think the Estate should buy the ranch back and keep it for Michael's children. It might mean a lot to Michael's kids since they spent their childhood with their father there.

I agree with you. I think that these kids should have a say in what happens to Neverland. And Barrack needs to stop talking as if can just go and sell Neverland if he wants to. He can not. He is only part owner. And the estate can buy him out if they choose. And I hope they do.

agree. that is mjs greatest legacy. and this article is a non story .they say they have no intrest in buying it and what ever happened the estate is majority owner and will have the final say anyway

Neverland is indeed one of Michael Jackson's greaatest legacies, but
I don't agree with you that this is a none story.
Neverland is much too beautiful to jut sit empty.

article-1197247-05933C04000005DC-220_634x461.jpg

article-1197247-05938293000005DC-619_634x413.jpg

neverland.jpg

[FONT=border=]
3692349261_dffc558f3d.jpg
[/FONT]

article-1197247-05937F83000005DC-366_634x420.jpg

Last edited:
I personally feel like it is a nice idea, if there is no other way for nl to be preserved and all other options have been explored regarding giving it to the kids then I think Michael would like people to enjoy his wonderful property. It brought alot of joy at one time for people - it would be nice to hear the sound of children playing again at Neverland and people enjoying themselves (respectfully) would be nice.

The only thing i want is Neverland to be restored to the way Michael had it when he lived there. He wanted that place for the kids he opened it up for the sick and the dieing. It needs to be used for just that. Not some park that will only make the rich richer and give nothing to his kids or any other kid.

Very well said. In general, I am for opening of Neverland to public. On the other hand, I am worried of "overcommercialization". Neverland should stay the place which brings joy and happiness into lives of others, especially kids, as it was before.

I agree with you. I think that these kids should have a say in what happens to Neverland. And Barrack needs to stop talking as if can just go and sell Neverland if he wants to. He can not. He is only part owner. And the estate can buy him out if they choose. And I hope they do.

nice to see you ATLF:)

I pray the Michael Jackson Estate,
Michael's children (Prince, Paris, and Blanket) and the state of California will all work together to preserve Michael Jackson's Beautiful Neverland.
Which means of course sick, special needs, and low-income children should be allowed to apply for a special program that allows them to visit free.
Remember Michael Jackson designated 20% of his estate money
for the developement of charities for children.
I think that should include the Neverland Valley Ranch.
I believe Michael Jackson visits his Neverland Valley Ranch often.
welove.png

003943454.jpg

Pa170502.jpg

p32.jpg

Natacao_deficientes2.jpg

b395b847596b90713c2d9f1eda46b95b.jpg

equoterapia(2).jpg

003943252.jpg

Last edited:

I agree. I think it should be opened for people, but not by the state of california. I never want to go there and see it changed in ANY way if it opens. Neverland should be opened by the estate and it should be exactly as Michael had it. California doesn't need to own Michael's property, they never did anything for him. (I can see these people now getting excited about there new money making idea and all their new "renovation" ideas...gag..)

Hmm, I'm of a mixed mind on this. If done properly, and ventures of this nature have been done properly in respect to the some well known estates throughout the U.S., it would not be outside the realm of possibility. State parks are not known to be "money makers" per se, usually break even type of ventures. Ultimately though, I don't think anything should be considered until the children are of age to agree with it and use their input/guidance into the entire concept.

For those that do not live in the U.S., there are properties of well known people of great interest (of all walks of life) and admiration that have come under the maintenance of state park systems, and done so admirably and respectfully. The maintenance of anything of Neverland's scale would be a huge financial undertaking for a state govt's dealing with the current economy.

Ultimately though, unless the estate (which includes Katherine) would agree to this, it will be the responsibility of the children when they come of age to decide the best route to go. Until then, I highly doubt that anything will come of this except discussion. As has been disseted hundreds of times before, any consideration about a venture like this would have great impact on the surrounding properties, roads, access, etc., and as such, would present fairly high obstacles and resistance to overcome.

And let's not forget that Neverland is not solely owned by Michael's estate, so depending upon what direction that whole can of worms could go, it's really almost a mute point at this time. Only time will tell.

The property is no longer Neverland Valley Ranch. When Michael let the lender take out a major stake in the property the agreement was that it would be put back into a sellable condition. All the rides and attractions were sold and removed. The house has been stripped, nothing personal remains.

The State of California ran roughshod over Michael' property with extremely heavy handed raids and searches. It created laws to try and entrap Michael with criminal intent for non-proven past criminal deeds, basically they tried to make heresay admissable. The State added additional taxes and restrictions on what Michael could do with the property after the Martin Bashear interview. The State and it's agents turned the place into a hell hole. I can understand why he said it was no longer a home for him and why he walked away from it.

It was at his Mother's encouragement that the place did not go into foreclosure. He was day's from losing it before Colony stepped in. He got them to agree to sell the property and let him have a portion of the sell. His estate is bound by the same agreement. I suppose the agreement could be changed if both parties agreed. I would not want them to donate it to the State, however, let the State pay top dollar.

Oh please, I don't understand how they could possibly pull this of. Two reasons why they couldn't/shouldn't:

1. How are they planing to accommodate so many visitors per year? Wasn't this one of the main reasons why Neverland didn't become Michael final resting place? Because the locals wouldn't approve all the crowds and the noise pollution they would cause?

and

2. How could the Estate allow something like this? Neverland, the symbol of Michael Jackson for so many years to become part of some foreign entity? Neverland should stay in the family! With all the revenues the Estate has been making since Michael's passing, couldn't they start thinking about buying Neverland back? Half of it that is, because correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Estate own half of Neverland? Because Michael only sold half of it? I must admit that I don't fully understand what happened to Neverland...

well, you got away with only being half scarred by the media. you're just left with not understanding what happened to Neverland. what happened, is, it's like the ATV catalogue. a joint venture between Michael and somebody else. nothing was sold. and, from what i see, MJ made a sound decision, because Barrack is sounding like most financial idiots, thinking about selling the place of 1 hundred mill. it's an asset. things should remain as they are, because people come from all around the world, to just be in Santa Barbara, so they could see the place from the outside. and, therefore, the hotels around the area and places of concession are booming, economically. plus..considering the vandalism, that already occurred, i would not want that place to be subject to any tourist. but it's up to the estate and Barrack having to agree on something.

If nothing is done with it, it'll eventually be torn down, in order to make room for something that California officials feel would be more profitable. This is Santa Barbara, California's way of making money off of Michael Jackson, that is sad...With that said, there are hundreds of sick or chronically ill adults, who have never been there, but remember the pictures and all they've heard about this place from their childhood, I'm one of them. With the new generation of Michael fans coming along, they're going to want to experience the aura of Neverland, no longer do we have the chance to experience it in it's entirety....I think it should remain, and as Ginny said, make it an attraction geared specifically for sick children and their families.

I think Michael’s history is world history and I think it would become the No. 1 attraction for the state parks if we could pull it off...

yes, i think it is a wonderful idea...

He was day's from losing it before Colony stepped in.
quite an exaggeration. mj sold a minority % to colony inreturn for them paying off the loan that was gained with the ranch as collateral. the two of them would then go into business and use the ranch for whatever was decided between the two. at the time thome mentioned things such as hotels etc or to just do the place up and sell it off. but nothing had been decided and probably wouldnt have been for years to come due to the world markets

If the 'executors' have Michael's legacy and his children's best interests, they would buy it back and have neverland reserved for Michael's children. Sure, Neverland gave alot of enjoyment to alot of people--particularly children who were sick and/or disadvantaged. However, it also attracted the scum of the earth who contributed to Michael's demise. I couldn't bear the thought of non-fans, lunatics and haters having any access to Neverland property.

Also after what Santa Barbara put Michael through, they shouldn't be able to profit in ANY way off of Michael and that would include Neverland being a park.

I don't mind it for the general public but I don't want it controlled by the state.I
If nothing is done with it, it'll eventually be torn down, in order to make room for something that California officials feel would be more profitable. This is Santa Barbara, California's way of making money off of Michael Jackson, that is sad...With that said, there are hundreds of sick or chronically ill adults, who have never been there, but remember the pictures and all they've heard about this place from their childhood, I'm one of them. With the new generation of Michael fans coming along, they're going to want to experience the aura of Neverland, no longer do we have the chance to experience it in it's entirety....I think it should remain, and as Ginny said, make it an attraction geared specifically for sick children and their families.

If the 'executors' have Michael's legacy and his children's best interests, they would buy it back
not sure why they would need to as they are majority owners nothing can be done without them agreeing to it

agree with the rest of what you say

Well Neverland is co-owned by the estate correct? Do you really think they'll let this happen? I hope not. The state of California just wants money. If they were doing this to preserve Michael's legacy then I think it'd be a good thing but they just want money. While it might be a nice opportunity for fans to visit, I think it will also attract the wrong people.

I think the estate should buy it back completely and keep it for Michael's kids. They should be the ones to decide what to do with it once they're old enough. That was the place they called home for several years and I think they would know best. I think they are the only ones who would keep Michael in mind and do what he would want to do with it.

Last edited:
california is broke anyway. they dont have the money

def527_Neverland_07132010.jpg

California could consider acquiring Neverland Ranch as a state park

By Torey Van Oot / McClatchy Newspapers
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — As home to pop legend Michael Jackson, Neverland Ranch housed a working locomotive, a Ferris Wheel and other amusement park rides, a 10,000-volume library and a zoo.

But could the opulent Santa Barbara County estate become home to California’s newest state park?

A resolution is in the works to order state parks officials to study converting the roughly 2,600-acre property into a state park. The state NAACP is backing the idea, and a lawmaker has signaled he is on board to carry the legislation.

"I think Michael’s history is world history and I think it would become the No. 1 attraction for the state parks if we could pull it off," said state NAACP President Alice Huffman, who also serves on the state Parks Commission.

Huffman said in addition to celebrating Jackson’s contributions to music and pop culture, Neverland would join Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park as state parks honoring African Americans. Those factors, she said, would make Neverland a "great, great addition to the state parks system."

Assemblyman Mike Davis, who chairs of the Assembly Committee on Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media, said while details of the resolution still need to be worked out, he thought the idea made "great sense" when it was first proposed to him at a recent reception.

"If they want to do it, I think it would be a great venture for the Parks Department of the state given the worldwide success (of Michael Jackson) and the fact that the state is lucky to have this property in our state," the Los Angeles Democrat said.

The property is co-owned by the Michael Jackson Estate and Santa Monica-based Colony Capitol, LCC, a private-equity firm that partnered with Jackson in 2008. The company declined to comment, though company President Thomas J. Barrack Jr. told Bloomberg News last month he hoped to sell it for more $100 million when the housing market recovers.

While Huffman said she hoped the state could explore partnerships for acquiring the ranch, such a potentially high asking price could be a deal breaker for some stakeholders.

State parks spokesman Roy Stearns said the already cash-strapped parks department isn’t looking to add properties to its portfolio, especially one that would cost $100 million.

"There has been no participation in any discussions about us acquiring Neverland," he said. "At this point in time we have no interest in acquiring the property."

Davis and other supporters also pointed to Tennessee’s Graceland, the privately-owned and operated estate of Elvis Presley, as an example of how such a venture could create revenue. Graceland park operations generated $36 million in revenue in 2009, according to the Memphis Business Journal.

Huffman likened a Neverland state park to Hearst Castle, another high-dollar celebrity dwelling that has come into the state’s hands.

The San Simeon estate of newspaper publisher William Randolph Hearst was donated to the state in 1957 and welcomes about 800,000 visitors a year.

A tour costs $24 per person, but Stearns said it isn’t exactly a money-making venture for the state.
"It’s usually close to breaking even, but it’s an expensive place to maintain," he said.

Still, Huffman said the historic value of the property makes the idea worth exploring, even if profit levels are questionable.

"Even if it breaks even, when you’re preserving history and you’re making it available to the public, there are other values to that are assigned more than the money," Huffman said. "I think it would be a money-maker, but (more importantly) I think it’s a piece of California history and world history that ought to be preserved."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...ormat=&page=2&listingType=natwest#articleFull

Who said Mr. Michael Jackson or his estate would even want or "EVER" want to sell it to them after the way he was crucified, ridiculed, and FALSELY ACCUSED of the 1993 crime he "DID NOT" commit..!

As Always
:angel:

I think it should be a MUSEUM of MICHAEL, not a state park!!, it has to be A MUSEUM OF MICHAEL JACKSON, and the Prince, Paris and Prince II should decide wht to do.... I think they would want to KEEP THE LEGACY of NEVERLAND AS THE PLACE THEY SPENT WITH THEIR FATHER. As an Official MICHAEL JACKSON MUSEUM, thats NEVERLAND, it should be Michael's official MUSEUM, not a park of the state.... NO NO!

A STATE park?

They must be kidding me.

That STATE ruined Michaels life!!!

They have no right to own it, i can just pray someone will prevent this.
I dont mind public access in the future i just dont want it to be in the hands of the state.

A STATE park?

They must be kidding me.

That STATE ruined Michaels life!!!

They have no right to own it, i can just pray someone will prevent this.
I dont mind public access in the future i just dont want it to be in the hands of the state.

That's exactly what we need everybody to understand.................

They still don't care for him or his legacy...........they just want MONEY!!!!!!!!!

yeah it would be a final insult if the state got hold of that land. another wet dream for sneddon. not that i think it will happen

That's exactly what we need everybody to understand.................

They still don't care for him or his legacy...........they just want MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Exacly....They didnt even want him there when he was alive and tried to ruin him twice...
In the most mean way you can imagine :(.

And now that he is gone they try to gain access to his property...If he were alive he would NEVER want it to be in the hands of this state.

I feel sick.

Back