**New Date**'This Is It' Movie - released 28th Oct (topics merged)

Re: This Is It - In cinemas October 30th

You know...a part of me thinks that really, this is how it should be. In a way, it seems so grand and poignant...like Michael timed his death perfectly. As in, he didn't want to be remembered as an old, aged man in a wheelchair, but yet as a tragic figure in a grand Shakesperean sonnet. It just all seems to coincidental...biggest comeback of his career, his life coming back on track...coming round the circle again, now he truly is the biggest performer on the planet.

Man...it just blows my mind how deep it really all feels...like there's something else at work in the cosmos just lining things up. Tragic, but very, very epic.

I got excited reading the press release. I hope he ends up having one of the #1 movies at the box office for this year. We should make it a goal!

They should make the entrance for free for the fans that can show their TII ticket receipt.
I'm hoping for a blu-ray release.

everyone will flock to this and then they will see and then they will be sad that they missed out on him in life. Reading that article annoucement gave him the tinniest of echos of the excitment of reading O2 announcments. im begining to relearn what it is to be excited, feels good but also so so bad. This is going to be so hard but i'll be there in my planned concert outfit. Front row and ready. Let it come on.!

I can't wait to see this however I wonder if they are going to release this on DVD?

If they do they need to add some extra footage.

:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

I can't wait to see this however I wonder if they are going to release this on DVD?

If they do they need to add some extra footage.

I can't wait to see it too. Most likely they'll release it on DVD (& possibly Blu-Ray). I hope they aren't stingy with the extra footage. :)

are we also getting a new cd with the audio from the rehearsals ?

I dont think I want to watch this at the cinema. Im gonna sit there and cry hysterically and walk out with swollen eyes and glands and be a complete mess. I'd rather do that at home so people dont have to witness it. Its not gonna be a happy moment for me, Im not gonna be all 'wow lets go see MJ do his last thing'... No.. Im gonna be a wreck..

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I know it's only about 2 months away but it seems like October 30th will take forever to get here. It'd be nice if it could come on DVD around Christmas time, even better if they could make it a 2 DVD set with the Bad tour :)

I'm definitely going to see the film. It will be hard, difficult and sad but I know it will also be great. It's Michael after all... will definitely be crying my eyes out. So surreal. This is it.

Last edited:

Wreck #2 here...

I dont wanna be among regular people watching this, i'd like to be alone or among fanfriends.

Wreck #2 here...

I dont wanna be among regular people watching this, i'd like to be alone or among fanfriends.

Going alone will be difficult as it's bound to get emotional. I'm going with a few friends some are fans and others want to enjoy Michaels talents.

Me neither, I want to see this surrounded with people who can relate. If there's a premiere in some big city with mainly fans I might try to go, I can't really imagine going to see it in my hometown (I can't imagine it being shown there either mind you).

i know im gonna be a wreck, but i am definately going to see this in the cinema. I couldn't care less who sees me or what they think, i am going to see Michael, though notquite how i should have been seeing him :(

Re: **New Date**'This Is It' Movie - released 28th Oct

Hmm, the articles for Oct 30th has gone off MichaelJackson.com. Must be 28th then.

It is still the 30th as highlighted on his website. The reason why some websites indicate the 28th, is because in the US many movies are released on the Wednesday instead of Friday. This gives them an extra two days to accumulate sales and add them onto the initial first weekend sales. I expect "This Is It" will premiere in both the US and Canada on Wednesday October 28th. However, in other countries they may stick with an October 30th release. Regardless...expect the film to open that week everywhere.

I can't wait to see this but wish the timing weren't Halloween. That would be appropriate for a film of the Thriller show, but I don't want this promoted as anything creepy.

Maybe I'm the only one thinknig this way,forgive me.I would love this film to be seen by all to apprciate Michael.and more money raised for the esate.But,I wish there was some sort of arrangement even though impossible for the true fans of Michael to see it first.Like I'm sure there will be long lines of people in every showing,every city accross the world and some people who are curious might see it ahead of true fans.I mean I want everybody to see it but I wish there was a way for the fans to see it first if anybody knows what I mean.

All I know is that I'm going to need to bring beach towels instead of Kleenex because I know I will be crying like no other inside the theatre. Both tears of happiness and sadness. Tears of joy because I get to see him where he is most comfortable, on stage and tears of sadness because he has left us and moved on to a better place. Sorry guys, but I'm still very emotional. I can't wait when This Is It premieres here in the States though.

Well Im glad its not being released on Halloween.

All I know is that I'm going to need to bring beach towels instead of Kleenex because I know I will be crying like no other inside the theatre. Both tears of happiness and sadness. Tears of joy because I get to see him where he is most comfortable, on stage and tears of sadness because he has left us and moved on to a better place. Sorry guys, but I'm still very emotional. I can't wait when This Is It premieres here in the States though.

A'int that the truth right there!

I'm not even sure I'll be able to manage sitting there and watching it, its gonna be so gut wrenching!

It'll be like watching a movie and already knowing the ending :cry:

Back