New Jospeh interview, intersting but bad translation

Why would anyone kill you for that and why should you care about what other fans say you should feel?

well, many fans here for one HATE Joe. ya can't help but notice that, can you?

I don't believe Michael and his dad were at war at the end of Michael's life. I believe Michael loved his father and knew it was reciprocated.

I don't judge the fans who hate Joseph. Joe did some horrible things to Mike. but I think he tried to make up for it. and unless a fan can give us irrefutable proof that Joe was screwing with Mike AGAIN in 2009, I like to think the two were okay at the end of Mike's life.

Last edited:
At the end of the day he MJ father he loves him to. I'm sure joe loves the rest of his kids but as we all can see MJ meant a hole lot to Joe this is the son who carry's his name so i know behind close doors he breaksdown he just so piss off at the fact his son is dead and the killers are living life

search for joe's book posted in the forum, its very interesting to read and he admits there also that he never expresses his feelings openly, im sure he loved michael and i believe michael forgave him.

Hello all. I post over at MJFC and took it upon myself to translate the interview this morning. I realize many people cant' stand Joe Jackson. That is their prerogative but I also submit that many people are not giving Joe Jackson a fair shake. We are taking words the media edited for us to make us hate a man Michael loved and grew to understand. We are also talking the words of the media to help them demonize one of Michael's staunchest supporters who's determined to get to the root of this tragedy. And no I do not work for Joe or any of the Jacksons thank you. My interest is only in seeing justice for Michael.

Anyway, thank you all for loving Michael.

Respectfully,
Cassandra /aka CassandraM here since someone beat me to the name.

I could have saved Michael, Joe Jackson - Bild Interview

Sept 20, 2009

joe-jackson-13434029-mfbh,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

His mourning hat is always on, he won't remove it, not even when he's eating. Otherwise, the man is amazingly open - nevertheless he is used to people dancing to his tune. Joseph "Joe" Jackson (81) is on short trip to Germany, in the North Sea resort Carolinensiel.

BILD's Sunday edtion: He gives his first extensive worldwide newspaper interview about death of his son Michael († 50). For two hours, the man the public sees as a cold-hearted father talks about his feelings in a low and hoarse voice.

BILD am SONNTAG: Mr. Jackson, how are you three months after the death of your son Michael?

Joseph Jackson: My heart is crying.

In public, but you always come across as pretty stoic.

I'll tell you something: Shortly after Michael's death the whole family sat together Everyone was crying buckets. Except me. There were no tears. I couldn't even cry when my father died. I am crying inside. When I hear Michael sing, I can't stop the tears.

You were violently attacked when you promoted your new music project three days after Michael's death at an awards show in Los Angeles.

It came across completely wrong. I had honestly given information about my feelings to three reporters there but there was a fourth who wanted to know what I'm planning professionaly, so after answering the first three, I gave the fourth reporter an honest answer. Unfortunately, my answer to the fourth was the only thing that made the news.

Where and how you did you learn the bad news?

Before anyone else. I was in Las Vegas, one of his security people called me and said, something is wrong with Michael. I asked: What's going on? He said Michael had collapsed and was not moving anymore. Then I screamed into the phone: Move your ass and call an ambulance immediately, immediately, immediately! A little later the call came that Michael was dead.

And you immediately flew to Los Angeles?

No, I did not want to see Michael dead. I didn't want to see him in the coffin later on either, even though Randy and Janet had dressed and made him up beautifuully. I want to remember him alive- dancing and singing. I can't look at people I know and love lying in a coffin. Not even my own my father when he died.

What is the most tender memory of your son?

In the late sixties, when the "Jackson 5" were about to become the biggest attraction in the American showbiz, a newspaper made up a story that Michael was a 49 year old midget and not a 9 year old boy. That hurt him and he wept bitterly. I went to him, got on my knees and said: "Look, I'm the 42-year-old dwarf". Then he hugged my neck, and his tears gave way to laughter.

But Michael didn't have happy memories of his childhood - quite the contrary.

I know! He even claimed that he had ever had no childhood. This is not true. It is true that I did not let my kids play with the kids in the neighborhood. But that's because we lived in a bad neighborhood. All the neighborhood children from our past have either become drug addicts or they're in prison. My most important task was protecting my children. Michael had eight brothers and sisters, with whom he could play. They horsed around, played basketball. And now I'll tell you another story. . .

We're curious. . .

Once we had a time a pit bull, and from one day he escaped from his kennel. When Michael was 6 years old, he and his younger brother Randy were playing in front of the house; the dog ran directly toward them. Michael managed to jump on the roof of the car, Randy was bitten on the Achilles tendon, which still has problems to this day. It was so clear that Michael could move like nobody else.

Wsa Michael, from a young age, the most talented of the brothers?

Jermaine sang beautifully but Michael was phenomenal: each tune he heard, he could immediately sing perfectly, every dance step that he saw, he was immediately on it. Imagine: He tap-danced, and he didn't just try to but he could! And just from seeing Fred Astaire do it once on television.

Michael complained that he and his brothers were beaten to success.

I came down hard on the boys, that's true, but I also promised them I would make them the biggest stars in the world. That was the plan. And they agreed. I whipped them a few times but not constantly. How could I have? I was hardly at home. I worked two jobs in order to get enough money together to feed them, buy their instruments and take care of an eleven-member family. I didn't abuse any of them, I insist. Back then, you beat your children when they didn't do what they were told - even the teachers at school did that. Today, the methods of discipline are different, and today I would do it differently.

Nevertheless, it seems that the relationship between Michael and you never really have recovered.

It was difficult because I wasn't just his father, but I was also his manager. That made it difficult to draw the dividing line. You know, we were black in a White-dominated business. I knew Michael could be bigger than Elvis Presley, but the Whites would never allow that. I led them through a shark tank. And if you ask me: "He was bigger than Elvis.

Do you remember your last father-son conversation?

It was about business. It was a few weeks before his death. Michael told me they were going to pay him for his London concerts in dollars - and not in pounds or euros. I thought: That can't do that; they have to pay you in the local currency! I took care of that for him. I went to the AEG people (the contractor for the "This-is-it" concert series in London). The thing that bothered me was who knew if the dollar would be higher than the pound or the euro when Michael completed his shows. Well, I said, you're going to do it this way: On the day of the last concert, Michael will be paid in the currency that has the highest value. They agreed and changed the terms.

Would Michael would have endured the fifty concerts?

What are you thinking? A maximum of ten! And let me tell you something: it was only supposed to be ten concerts. That was the deal. He told me that he had total horror of the London shows, the pressure to get ready, he was betrayed. And more than ten performances he didn't want to and he couldn't peform.

Did you know about his dependence on painkillers?

I knew that he took strong painkillers. He started a long time - since the accident 25 years ago, when he was so severely burned shooting a commercial. I had my suspicions that he was letting himself get injected with hard stuff. ((need help with the exact translation please))

How did you learn this?

Prince, his eldest son, told me on the phone that Michael had punctures on the inside of both elbows..

Why didn't you speak with Michael and try to help him, to prevent something worse?

I tried it. But in the last weeks before his death they no longer allowed me to see him. I was standing outside his house, and security (the concert organizer's security) blocked my way. I tried, even went to the police. I tried everything. I went so far that I was thinking about going home, getiting my gun and shooting my way to free Michael. I told my wife, Katherine, we have to get that boy out of there or he'll be dead in a week. A week later he was dead.

You mean you could have saved him?

My God, yes.

This haunts you?

What haunts me is that people used a thoroughly good man like Michael; he was destroyed by people he trusted and whom he showered with gifts.

Is there anything you would want to say to him, and now can not?

Kick them in the ass and remember their names!

http://www.bild.de/BILD/unterhaltung/leute/2009/09/20/joe-jackson/vater-von-michael-jackson-im-interview-teil-2.html

joe-jackson-michael-jackson.jpg

^^^^ thank you for taking the time to translate the article and transcribe it.

i don't believe one word from Joe's mouth.

Some fans were near the house and saw Joe crying over the money, not drugs.

why should I believe Joe when he is still trying to make Micheal look like a lier and that he had the best childhood in the world

Why didn't you speak with Michael and try to help him, to prevent something worse?

I tried it. But in the last weeks before his death they no longer allowed me to see him. I was standing outside his house, and security (the concert organizer's security) blocked my way. I tried, even went to the police. I tried everything. I went so far that I was thinking about going home, getiting my gun and shooting my way to free Michael. I told my wife, Katherine, we have to get that boy out of there or he'll be dead in a week. A week later he was dead.

You mean you could have saved him?

My God, yes.

This haunts you?

What haunts me is that people used a thoroughly good man like Michael; he was destroyed by people he trusted and whom he showered with gifts.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I wish that he was able to do more. :(

thanks for the translation.it is nice to see Joe taking a more "mature" direction eventually...he should have kept quiet in the first couple of days would have saved himself and many people lot of pain.
but hey we are all different and time will tell

why should I believe Joe when he is still trying to make Micheal look like a lier and that he had the best childhood in the world

I was affraid to express my feelings toward Joe on here, and I know everyone has their own opinions but I wholeheartly agree with both of you.
Even if Michael and Joe had a good relationship the last year or so doesn't mean that that can make up for all of those years that they didn't had the best relationship and especially for his childhood what he did!
I'm not believing one word out of Joe's mouth, not now not ever.

well, many fans here for one HATE Joe. ya can't help but notice that, can you?

I don't believe Michael and his dad were at war at the end of Michael's life. I believe Michael loved his father and knew it was reciprocated.

I don't judge the fans who hate Joseph. Joe did some horrible things to Mike. but I think he tried to make up for it. and unless a fan can give us irrefutable proof that Joe was screwing with Mike AGAIN in 2009, I like to think the two were okay at the end of Mike's life.
Of course it's noticeable, but don't let it make you apologise for whatever you feel about something.

I agree. Joe made some mistakes but he mellowed down and made up with Michael, plus we can't make him pay for it his entire life.

i think when he said he forgave his dad, he could've meant that he had stopped hating him, but did not really truly forgive him? meaning that he prolly still blamed him for his emptiness that he felt in his life, and his childhood? so i don't really think he truly forgave.

Last edited:

exactly but some fans completely ignore it! he was pushing for that stupid reunion he didn't go to his house to "save him"
all of the jacksons whenever they tried to get close to him it was about the reunion
when he was fighting the allegations in 1993 they took advantage of his vulnerability and approached him with the "Jacksons family honors", it was suppose to become this big annual event and look what happened. everything related to jacksons event turned to dust but they NEVER gave up
did you see Leonard Rowe talk on national TV? it was so embarrassing, and Joe wanted to bring him in michael's team. when MJ let them know he didn't want to work with Rowe and what do they do? THEY CAMP OUTSIDE HIS HOUSE, for god's sake how much more desperate can you get? and now he's saying he was trying to save him? I'd like to say a few words about him but I'm afraid I'm gonna get banned
when Joe visited Michael on Paris' birthday fans were like "aww he's there to bring Paris presents" and I was like "no he's there because he wants money" lol and I didn't even know exactly what was going on with Rowe back then but I just knew his visit was money-related

?? Well .. this sounds like when the fans heard him outside asking to be let in because he had something that was going to get Michael out of this mess - It was probably about this -

''It was about business. It was a few weeks before his death. Michael told me they were going to pay him for his London concerts in dollars - and not in pounds or euros. I thought: That can't do that; they have to pay you in the local currency! I took care of that for him. I went to the AEG people (the contractor for the "This-is-it" concert series in London). The thing that bothered me was who knew if the dollar would be higher than the pound or the euro when Michael completed his shows. Well, I said, you're going to do it this way: On the day of the last concert, Michael will be paid in the currency that has the highest value. They agreed and changed the terms.''

you are right, this man has no tact.

Here is a story from Germany, I felt satisfied when I read it.

Short translation, links to German news below
The patron of the Wies'n (the venue of the Oktoberfest) has refused a request for a reservation by Joe Jackson. His reason:"You can't party cheerfully when your own child has gone shortly. That's out of place." So Joe Jackson couldn't enter THIS place, the Oktoberfest-Wiesn in Munich.

http://www.pr-inside.com/de/wiesnwirt-l-auml-sst-michael-jacksons-vater-r1505133.htm
http://www.laut.de/vorlaut/news/2009/09/30/23215/

you are right, this man has no tact.

Here is a story from Germany, I felt satisfied when I read it.

Short translation, links to German news below
The patron of the Wies'n (the venue of the Oktoberfest) has refused a request for a reservation by Joe Jackson. His reason:"You can't party cheerfully when your own child has gone shortly. That's out of place." So Joe Jackson couldn't enter THIS place, the Oktoberfest-Wiesn in Munich.

http://www.pr-inside.com/de/wiesnwirt-l-auml-sst-michael-jacksons-vater-r1505133.htm
http://www.laut.de/vorlaut/news/2009/09/30/23215/

omg the patron of the Wies'n must be a reasonable person, I mean, Joe only wanted to have some beer. no 'cheers' Joe!

I knew that he took strong painkillers. He started a long time - since the accident 25 years ago, when he was so severely burned shooting a commercial. I had my suspicions that he was letting himself get injected with hard stuff. ((need help with the exact translation please))
---------------------------------------

Anybody can check please if this is an accurate translation? I hope it doesn't mean that he injected himself?

I think we cannot judge Joe. He was his father no matter what. Well, my father never showed one single emotion either and I always wanted him to be different. It never happened and I understand Michael at this point. But still, Joe is his father and always will be. We are nobody here to judge him.

---------------------------------------

Anybody can check please if this is an accurate translation? I hope it doesn't mean that he injected himself?

I think we cannot judge Joe. He was his father no matter what. Well, my father never showed one single emotion either and I always wanted him to be different. It never happened and I understand Michael at this point. But still, Joe is his father and always will be. We are nobody here to judge him.
Inject my ass. Don't believe the child abuser's words.

Terrific! That's what he (the good old father) has achieved with his words. Dr. Murray has to thank.
It means in fact that Joe said he didn't assume, that Michael let inject himself with hard stuff, but you can if you like to do also think Michael could have done it by himself. I don't know why he had the urge to tell something like that to Germany's worst paper or better said why at all, but by the way, but quoted in serious Media and read by millions and millions and by many fans too.

Last edited:
I can't make myself believe what this man has to say. For those who keeps on saying "No matter what, he is his father", well, I got one thing to say. Just because your own father was a normal father or more normal than Joe Jackson, don't let yourself believe many other fathers in the world are like yours.

There is a difference between discipline and violence, period. I can speak from my experiences and...I can relate to what Michael said about the hurt. Even to many very specific things he went through. His pain is my pain.

We don't know if Joe Jackson ever said "I'm sorry" to Michael, or at least made any gesture of that nature...Healing can only begin to go through the long process toward the ultimate success when the person who hurt you admits their wrongdoing and begs you to forgive.

It seems Michael was the only one struggling to get to that starting point, when it always takes 2 people to make it. Some of yall wanna picture the happy ending about their relationship, the kind of ending you see in movies, but the reality can be very different. All I gotta say is, I feel so sorry for Mike, I can't describe how I feel for him:(:(:( "Do you know what you've done to me?" -this is what he said when his father asked him why he was still scared of him.

Last edited:
helena22 you have a good point there (only this is meant personally for you the rest of my post is meant in general just stating my opinion ;) ).

I do feel for Michael too.

Still I have also this clear feeling that this is simply between Michael and his father.
I just feel it's where Michael it wanted to be.
I can't see Michael wanting anyone judging his father or the rest of his family from far away and/or also from what the media is telling.

So I can think whatever and that is might true or not true... but critizising the family and judging them is not helping anyone or anything... cuz in the media business it's all attention... and even negative attention means money to the media and also to the Jacksons for something we certainly don't want to support uh?!

Back