New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Oh...and who could possibly be interested on a tribute to Michael Jackson cd?...I know...Michael Jackson fans...the same Michael Jackson fans who are posting here...lol
Actually, if these contributors are stars themselves, they might have fans who love MJ songs and may want to buy their idols version too. Just like fall out boys buy Beat it.

Last edited:

Oh...and who could possibly be interested on a tribute to Michael Jackson cd?...I know...Michael Jackson fans...the same Michael Jackson fans who are posting here...lol

Well, that's partly true. However, fans of the artists doing the tributes might be interested as well. And tribute CDs aren't anything new altho some fans see this as a vampire-like action by Sony/BMG. The Beatles, Frank Sinatra...lots of the greats have had these sort of CDs done. And it's sometimes interesting to hear how others cover these songs. If MJ fans aren't interested in this, just think of it like a bus. It comes along but it's not the one you're waiting for....so you just keep your change and let it go by til the bus you ARE waiting for comes along. :wink: Those who are interested in getting on the tribute CD bus will get on it and might enjoy the ride....whether they are MJ fans, collectors or whoever.

I understand some folks frustration and they want to vent, but there ARE people who might be interested in somethng like this. It's not a totaly brainless idea. LOL! In '85, lots of MJ fans bought Paul McCartney's album JUST so we could have Say, Say, Say and The Man. Fans of the artists doing the tributes "might" buy this just to have one more song by their fave artist. No muss no fuss marketing to a wider audience.

However, I do think this is a little weak for a B-day tribute. :fear: Would be nice if they could have combined the 25th Anniversary of Thriller and his 50th B-day into a massive TV special (like MSG but wayyyyy better??) which could then be released on CD/DVD.

As for working with fans to see what they want, are they asking for song choices or artists we'd like to see doing the tributes...IF any of this is remotely true. :fear:

Actually, if these contributors are stars themselves, they might have fans who love MJ songs and may want to buy their idols version too. Just like fall out boys buy Beat it.

:flowers: ..........

:clapping::clapping::clapping: I hope the tribute have the fall out boy & chris cornell versions!

According to my own contacts with Sony BMG, I asked about this rumored tribute CD and was told:

"There is something in the works for Halloween, but this isn't it. I don't believe there is any truth to this one."

Last edited:

i dont like tribute stuff , i want the new stuff. it used to be every 5 years for a new album . looks like its going to be every 10 years at this rate

i dont like tribute stuff , i want the new stuff. it used to be every 5 years for a new album . looks like its going to be every 10 years at this rate
You are lucky to be getting any at all. He is self employed. He works at his own pace, or not at all.

According to my own contacts with Sony BMG, I asked about this rumored tribute CD and was told:

"There is something in the works for Halloween, but this isn't it. I don't believe there is any truth to this one."

Thank you TSCM.

Once again Leslie is a proven liar who is getting the MJ community all riled up for no reason.

As I said earlier, there was a Stevie Wonder tribute album done that had good covers of songs: my favorites were Marc Anthony doing "All Is Fair In Love", Mary J. Blige doing "Overjoyed" and Joe doing "That Girl".

Luther Vandross had a good one done after he passed as well, it had some very good covers on it. I'd love to hear some artists like John Legend, Mariah Carey, Ledisi and some others do covers of MJ songs.

The Beatles had a good tribute CD too. But talking about that is pointless now as TSCM has proved that this fans blogs was predictably NOT TRUE. NO TRIBUTE CD!! YAY!!!!!

Last edited:

^ i'd rather have a nice tribute album than some fad for Halloween (mostly likely Thriller-related)

I noticed that another member mentioned a a few weeks ago that something was happening around Halloween which is interesting. I do wonder what it is.

^ i'd rather have a nice tribute album than some fad for Halloween (mostly likely Thriller-related)

Each to their own but its a bit earlier to judge. Apart from the fact that we have NO info on this known project at all, the quote could be taken 2 ways.

A) Meaning what a lot are assuming that this is a Halloween themed project which is stupid personally as it will be outdated the second Halloween is over.

B) Meaning that Sony are trying to get the project out around Halloween, not necessarily for Halloween.

In fact in that quote it wasnt mentioned that it was a CD even. Could be Ghosts being released on DVD in time for Halloween which is fitting a riding on the coat tales of T25 all gearing up for MJs new album.

Last edited:

"19.5 - Sony to release a MJ 50th tribute album
According to Sony, a new tribute album is set to release at the end of August to celebrate King Of Pop's 50th birthday. Sony executives will be able to check its own country market and choose the content of the record that could change for every State. There's also a possibility the record will not be out in all countries dependings on previous selling. More details soon..."

Source: MichaelMania

Thank you TSCM.

Once again Leslie is a proven liar who is getting the MJ community all riled up for no reason.

This prooves nothing, but that TSCM's source is not aware of this project at all. FYI: Sony BMG Italy confirmed the existence of this project to the locas fans as well.

"Once again 'Dangerous Incorporated' is proven a jelaous person who is getting the MJ community all riled up for no reason." :yes:

This prooves nothing, but that TSCM's source is not aware of this project at all. FYI: Sony BMG Italy confirmed the existence of this project to the locas fans as well.

"Once again 'Dangerous Incorporated' is proven a jelaous person who is getting the MJ community all riled up for no reason." :yes:

Jealous? Of a proven liar? Get of your high horse honey!

And why is it no Italian fans have mentioned anything of the sort? How has Sony BMG confirmed it pray tell?

I noticed that another member mentioned a a few weeks ago that something was happening around Halloween which is interesting. I do wonder what it is.

Probably a remake of the "Thriller" video. (((YAWN))) :lol:

Im not angry at all :) Its just that MJ fans will take a grain of sand and turn it into a mountain which has happened an a lot of MJ boards based on your comment which you have no proof over. You still havent confirmed for us if this info is true how you know this info. What real proof do you have? And making comments about MJ and schools goes along way to ruining your credibility. Think before you post cuz your getting a lot of fans upset over nothing. You really dont seem to care what you're doing as your making jokes now. Do you get it yet? Peace.

I've been contacted by Sony (local Management and the UK HQ) over the past couple of years on different occasions, as the owner of the biggest local fan website. I've noticed a change in their attitude this year: they were way more capable for promoting MJ releases then ever before. As well they informed me about everything related to their promotional plans and releases. That's how I've been aware of this Tribute CD.

How should I prove this? With the copy of the e-mails? Would that help any of you?

Read my blog and point out to any false information I have posted there. The only thing that ruins my credibility if someone distorts my intentions.

I've been contacted by Sony (local Management and the UK HQ) over the past couple of years on different occasions, as the owner of the biggest local fan website. I've noticed a change in their attitude this year: they were way more capable for promoting MJ releases then ever before

What does that prove? Nothing! Wow, your claiming you've spoken to Sony. A lot of us have. And your claiming your the owner of the biggest local fan site? Who strokes your ego? Also Sony were always capable of promoting MJ. It was only Invincible that had issues and we all know why.

well they informed me about everything related to their promotional plans and releases.

And so when we were all in the dark about certain things pertaining to T25, where were you with this insider info? No where. TSCM comes through with legit info so I take his word over yours. Sony have given a quote now saying they know nothing about such a project. Period. Why would Sony pick you to tell info to out anyone? Especially if the info they gave is being leak....sorry, alleged info.:cheeky:

How should I prove this? With the copy of the e-mails? Would that help any of you?

Read my blog and point out to any false information I have posted there. The only thing that ruins my credibility if someone distorts my intentions.

I dont know your intentions so how could I be trying to distort it? This is ridiculous. Bottom line is, you quoting your blog is like me quoting my post. Means nothing. TSCM has a quote from Sony has never lied. BTW we call make up emails too!:smilerolleyes: But please show these emails if you feel it helps your case. If your wrong I'll eat crow but you've already be proven a fraud a few times over now.

I'd really like to ask both of you to just put your argument aside.

Time will tell us what SonyBMG releases and what not, so don't get too emotionally about such an issue.

Please. Thank you both. ;)

Last edited:

Time will tell us what SonyBMG releases and what not, so don't get too emotionally about such an issue.

This is a discussion board which I am using effectively. She's isnt arguing with me or visa versa. Just a battle of opinions really. At this point in time, we have a quote from Sony saying they know nothing about a tribute CD. Pretty simple really ;)

I'd like to second that...

I know this is a discussion board, but at this point neither of you are doing anything but attacking each other which is not constructive in any sense to the board.

Last edited:

I'd like to second that...

I know this is a discussion board, but at this point neither of you are doing anything by attacking each other which is not constructive in any sense to the board.

Well thats your opinion which wasnt very constructive either. And I wouldnt call them "attacks". Besides your both missing the point of our discussion in the fact that Sony know nothing about alleged CD. There you have it, in black and white....well red actually! lol

Last edited:

^^ Whatever...keep it up then....

Well, Michaelmania (the Italian fanclub) seems to be confirming this tribute album news, and they've been pretty reliable so far:

http://www.michaelmania.com/mjenglish.html

I guess we'll see... if this is true more info will be coming up I'm sure. No need to argue over it.

Why does everyone have to ***** about stuff lol, until we get public confirmation from Sony we just don't know! anyhows a tribute cd...................

^^ Read my above post in red. We have Sony confirmation that there is a project coming around Halloween, but its not a Tribute CD.

Back