New on the forum

speeddemon88

Proud Member
I rediscovered my love for MJ music after Xscape got released. The following text i wrote on the official mj website but the forum is kinda dead there so i came here as here is much more information. Here is my story:

"I wasnt even born when Michael was on top of his career. Even though i was maybe 1 or 2 years old during the Bad era I can clearly remember all his short films and music which been on mtv all the time during the 90ties. Michael Jackson was basically part of my childhood without me asking for it. I cant say I didnt like his music, I loved it but I was too young to understand it or being able to relate to it at such an early age. I remember asking my mum why he became white over the years, it was actually very fascinating to me how can one person transform so much, ive never seen that before.
So the years passed and we are in 2009 and my friend writes me one night on facebook "Michael Jackson just died". And i was like "so what ?" Still to this day surprised by my ignorant reaction, but after the news were filled with Michael, I sat there on my computer and started to google, youtube and research everything I possibly could to get to know him better and understand how his life was and how extraordinary he was. At that moment I felt like I was taking him for granted when he was still there, like yeah its Michael jackson, he will always be here. I started to regret that i didnt pay attention and I blamed it on the age difference.
5 years passed again and I see Michael's new album being released. First thinking, "omg can they just let the guy be", then opening spotify and listening to it. To say the least I was blown away, the production on it is brilliant and it really complements Michaels perfect vocals, its like he is alive again. So I started to check his older music, cos all of his albums are there and getting even more blown away, again after all those years. Ive been on youtube for the last two weeks checking his interviews, short films, documentaries, concerts, everything i possibly could since he was a small child and I can say that Im finally mature enough to understand his greatness as an entertainer. I can finally understand that he was the full package never seen before with infinite amount of talent. I love all of his albums from the jacksons era through off the wall, thriller, Bad to Dangerous etc. My favorite must be Bad, I think he looked his absolute best. i dont know what he did but his face was out of this world. the way he dressed, the way he moved and his smile... God! i could not believe when I saw some of the footage of when Bad was released and press called him "weird". I think america wasnt ready for someone like him.
the only thing which bothers me is what he did to his face in 2001 when invincible got out. I mean I saw interview from Wetten dass? in 1999 and he looks absolutely gorgeus, slim, beautiful hairstyle & face and im trying to figure out what happend throughout those 2 years that made him look like that. I think that was his absolute worst period ever plus the last weeks of his life. I still cant watch too much footage from "this is it", as I would cry, he looks so worn out, tired and it hurts me to imagine that the beautiful man 10 years ago is the same person.
Those ridiculous allegations really broke him inside, and all the other stuff thats been happening behind the curtain we will never know. Its such a difference to see his Ebony interview, this silent shy guy and the interview 10 years later with Barbara Walters, u can see it in his face how much he had been through and Im so so sad for all the stuff the media did to him. its unbelievable and they should be ashamed as they are partly responsible for his death. Im about to buy Xscape and the rest of the albums, this time its not gonna take me another couple of years...
x"

Additionally, after I listened to his older albums, I realised my memories from my childhood are coming back, I started to recall things which i havent thought of since they actually happend, like 20 years ago. Its really strange, but another reason why im happy that I became a fan(again).

Well, welcome back ? Sometimes, life takes you by storm but you always come back hey cause you have that special connection that you just can't let go. Welcome home, Speed demon to MJJC

I'm really happy about your story speeddemon!

There's just something about the Xscape album that successfully brings us back to what MJ was really about, I think. You know there's been a lot of chatter about this and that and who MJ really was, and then dealing with the shock and grief of it all, but then Xscape happened and it seems like it was this 'ah ha!' moment for a lot of people. As an 'old' fan, it took Xscape to bring me back to that perspective, to remind me of things I've lost so its just great to hear that the album has touched new fans and brought them in!

:hello: speeddemon88, welcome to MJJC. {Speed Demon is one of my favorite MJ tunes, btw. :D}

Thanks for the welcome :) Im really happy to be at such a positive place as this forum.

@J5master exactly what u say, listening to it was really the moment and checking his Ebony interview afterwards was just enough for me to realise couple of things.

@msdeweydiva it is really fantastic :)

Hi! :)
It's always nice to meet another MJ fan and I totally loved your story. :)
Have a great time here. :)

Thanks for all your welcome comments :)

I have a question about posters, since most of you probably own a couple.
Im trying to find a poster from the Bad tour, particulary this picture (though any picture will do, but im really interested in this one :p)
Michael_Jackson

I did some research on google, and there are some websites which are selling posters from bad tour, but they ask 100$ ?! Im not really familiar with prices for posters. i would like something quite big, atleast 1 meter long to hang it on the wall. any help is appreciated

Thanks for all your welcome comments :)

I have a question about posters, since most of you probably own a couple.
Im trying to find a poster from the Bad tour, particulary this picture (though any picture will do, but im really interested in this one :p)
Michael_Jackson

I did some research on google, and there are some websites which are selling posters from bad tour, but they ask 100$ ?! Im not really familiar with prices for posters. i would like something quite big, atleast 1 meter long to hang it on the wall. any help is appreciated

Hm...well I've never spent more than $5-10 dollars on Michael Jackson poster. I do have this cutout standup of Michael from the Bad era that I received as a Christmas gift and I've seen it for sale for about $35. As far as that specific picture as a poster, I haven't seen it. But, I'm not sure where you live in the States if you live in the states, but you might want to see if you could get the photo blown up to poster size at a printing store or an office supply store. Now, that might cost you $20-30 since it's custom made and not in mass production, but it's better than $100!

Back